Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,256 members, 7,829,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday (5186 Views)

11 Reasons Why Nyesom Wike Should Not Be Sworn In - Joe Igbokwe / Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes / Governor-Elect To Be Sworn-in By His Mother-in-Law On May 29th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by mukina2: 10:00am On Jul 19, 2012
The First Lady, Dame Patience Faka Jonathan, will be sworn in as a permanent secretary in the Bayelsa State Civil Service tomorrow.

Mrs. Jonathan, who was appointed permanent secretary in the state civil service by Governor Henry Seriake Dickson last week, is expected to arrive the state capital Yenagoa Thursday, for the swearing in.

But despite the criticism that has followed the announcement of her appointment, the first lady got support from the most unlikeliest of places Wednesday.

Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka, in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital, threw his weight behind her appointment, stating that the first lady was not constitutionally disqualified from the office of permanent secretary.

THISDAY gathered that all the new permanent secretaries, including Mrs Jonathan will be formally posted to their various ministries the same day.

Although it could not be confirmed at press time if Mrs. Jonathan would be moving back to Yenagoa after being sworn in and allotted a ministry, indications that the first lady will be accepting the position has emerged with the arrival of some State House personnel in Yenagoa Wednesday.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/patience-jonathan-to-be-sworn-in-perm-sec-friday/120351/
Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by miteolu(m): 12:30pm On Jul 19, 2012
So, you are monitoring this Patience Jona-tan. Please, monitor till she resigns
Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by DExplorer1: 12:31pm On Jul 19, 2012
Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 19, 2012
okay
Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by ebamma(m): 12:32pm On Jul 19, 2012
what a joke
Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by Chidex2442(m): 12:34pm On Jul 19, 2012
o we don hear! Front page abeg
Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by sholay2011(m): 12:35pm On Jul 19, 2012
Eh eh...first lady as permanent sec? temporary sec ni...we wud soon hear dt our president is acting as d deputy governor of a state...mschew!! even if u want to embezzle, sebi u will still share d national cake reach ppl lyk me? patience, dnt test my patience oh. resign!
Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by darlingtonokpu(m): 12:36pm On Jul 19, 2012
well 2 God be d glory,4 her life
Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by sayso: 12:37pm On Jul 19, 2012
OK OOOHHH, I think una don come again with this misleading topic.which one be sworn in perm sec ?
Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 19, 2012
Will she be there for the swearing in ceremony? Just wondering how's she gonna recite the oath of office! Damn the dame!

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by GAR3TH(m): 12:47pm On Jul 19, 2012
Nigeria is now a complete joke. How can a first lady have two political jobs at the same time?

Its like being the deputy governor of lagos state and also at the same time work as the minister of finance in enugu state.

how can she possible do two jobs at once in two different locations?
Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by naja2: 12:49pm On Jul 19, 2012
comedy country with clowns in charge(c-in -c). smh
Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by darlingtonokpu(m): 12:49pm On Jul 19, 2012
everybody has his or her ultimate day to ruie

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by robinhoodd2(m): 12:50pm On Jul 19, 2012
i dont give a damn {GEJ voice}
Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by DExplorer1: 12:54pm On Jul 19, 2012
GAR3TH: Nigeria is now a complete joke. How can a first lady have two political jobs at the same time?

Its like being the deputy governor of lagos state and also at the same time work as the minister of finance in enugu state.

berem: Will she be there for the swearing in ceremony? Just wondering how's she gonna recite the oath of office! Damn the dame!

So much hatred for an innocent woman. We're talking about a mobile office, must she sit down in that office to please you all? Haba.

You Need To Read These! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

21 Reasons He Hasn't Proposed to You Yet

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

16 Raw but Bitter Truths Ladies Must Know
Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by u3fine(m): 12:55pm On Jul 19, 2012
One question that is disturbing my mind is : Will she take directive from the Commissioner in the Ministry she will be posted to?

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by owabor(f): 12:58pm On Jul 19, 2012
Good for her and her family.
Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by ypzilanti: 1:00pm On Jul 19, 2012
Rolling my eyes. Ok,oh.
Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by Nwogbe: 1:01pm On Jul 19, 2012
GAR3TH: Nigeria is now a complete joke. How can a first lady have two political jobs at the same time?

Permement Secretary is a core civil service job & not a political office. Hope is now clear
Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by Nwogbe: 1:03pm On Jul 19, 2012
Ok na
Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by BabaOlowo: 1:04pm On Jul 19, 2012
Wole Soyinka has been "misquoted".
Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by MyJoe: 1:21pm On Jul 19, 2012

No, it's not. "First lady" is not a constitutional political office. She can pick up any job she likes. When Gen Abdusalam was Head of State, his wife was a high court judge.
Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by Leemak: 1:21pm On Jul 19, 2012
Nwogbe:
Permement Secretary is a core civil service job & not a political office. Hope is now clear
.....ok if dt is a core civil service job, wil she resign from being a first lady or how can she be combining two offices in abuja and yenogoa together at d same time....pls no fucking excuse for dt appointment except to compensate mr retardeen for his role in making d silly dickson d fucking governor of bayelsa...ok my guy do u want to tell us dt nobody again in bayelsa fit dt parm sec position execpt patience?...pls we should stop deceiving ourselves and stop mortgaging d life of ordinary citicens....i rest my case.
Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by GAR3TH(m): 1:21pm On Jul 19, 2012
Nwogbe:

My point is that she shouldn't we working at another jobs when she already a first lady.

D-Explorer:

So much hatred for an innocent woman. We're talking about a mobile office, must she sit down in that office to please you all? Haba.

What hatred? No None is hating. I'm just confused as to why a First Lady is holding outside employment?

MyJoe:
No, it's not. "First lady" is not a constitutional political office. She can pick up any job she likes. When Gen Abdusalam was Head of State, his wife was a high court judge.

Okay, I see now that nigeria is different from the rest of the world...it is not accustom for a first lady to hold outside employment
Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by kaiter: 1:25pm On Jul 19, 2012
Eh eh...first lady as permanent sec? temporary sec ni...we wud soon hear dt our president is acting as d deputy governor of a state...mschew!![img]http://www.demama.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by omar22(m): 1:30pm On Jul 19, 2012
2 Jobs 2 pensions simple
Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by Murphy7h4: 1:33pm On Jul 19, 2012
Thanks for sharing.
Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by ifihearam: 1:34pm On Jul 19, 2012
"I congratulate the Governor of Bayelsa State for my appointment as a Permanent Secretary. May his soul rest in peace" -- Dame Patience

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by Mucokey(m): 1:40pm On Jul 19, 2012
Dame Faka Patience Jonathan....Faka! What a name. So do ppl now assign n justify this seemingly gr8 office as a mere "mobile office". A whole Permanent secretary of a state?? #SMH
Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by Mucokey(m): 1:45pm On Jul 19, 2012
ifihearam: "I congratulate the Governor of Bayelsa State for my appointment as a Permanent Secretary. May his soul rest in peace" -- Dame Patience
tongue
ifihearam: "I congratulate the Governor of Bayelsa State for my appointment as a Permanent Secretary. May his soul rest in peace" -- Dame Patience
U no want kill pesin for here...I want assume oo
Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by DExplorer1: 2:03pm On Jul 19, 2012

Clown!
Re: Patience Jonathan To Be Sworn In Perm Sec On Friday by MyJoe: 2:12pm On Jul 19, 2012
GAR3TH:
Okay, I see now that nigeria is different from the rest of the world...
No, it's not. Hillary Clinton was seriously considered for Attorney-General when Bill was in charge. President Kennedy's brother also served as his AG.

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Militants Surrender Arms In Akwa-Ibom / 2014 Photos of Abuja-Kaduna Standard Guage Rail / Good News Coming From Mr.president- See Tweets 4mins Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.