Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta (12891 Views)

Breaking News: INEC Office Set Ablaze In Rivers / Economic Hardship : Fedrick Onuigbo Set Himself Ablaze In Abuja / Boy Tries To Set Mosque Ablaze In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by Abyjah: 3:18pm On Jul 19, 2012
Don't eworry, I have seen videos of humans getting burnt, I am sure it was no different to that.

@kandiikane, did you also perceive the smell through the video?
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by Rapmoney(m): 3:19pm On Jul 19, 2012
monami2abd:

May God forgive you.. Remember he's a pastor and can never be a boko haram.. i am very sure he's in Heaven because God always take the good ones away from this wicked world...

Monami...you must be living in a Fool's Paradise!
Let us put aside what he did. Is it good to commit suicide according to the Bible that you and i believe in?
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by tintingz(m): 3:26pm On Jul 19, 2012
mrkels: Mukina this your story is annoying, I rushed to the bridge and they were able to put out the fire and I saw him alive there, pls stop carrying fake useless news. I hate nairaland now because of this. Always confirm your sources.the only reason why they couldn't help him was because they were confused and waited for the police to come around, also the damage was very bad and we were not doctors so moving him would have killed him instantly. It was a very sad sight. He lived for another hour b4 police came,
mukina is not the author of this story, the source is there for you, i also read this same story in punch newspaper
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by kandiikane(m): 3:32pm On Jul 19, 2012
Abyjah: Don't eworry, I have seen videos of humans getting burnt, I am sure it was no different to that.

@kandiikane, did you also perceive the smell through the video?

I have accidently burnt my skin before so I know what burnt flesh smells like.

tongue
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by okeybest19(m): 3:34pm On Jul 19, 2012
D guy don already get "small" experience of hell fire 4 dis earth b4 im go meet d main hell fire...
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by MrCork17: 3:35pm On Jul 19, 2012
gREAT. i HATE muslims anyways..they all the same and should be banned (no oofeinse) angry
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by Raphtop(m): 3:36pm On Jul 19, 2012
chardino: this is bunt offering to the gods of his village
grin grin
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by joeace2020(m): 3:57pm On Jul 19, 2012
Nawao...wat is happening to Naija. I cant believe that all the things i use to argue with my friends more than 10years ago are happening now, Nigerians blowing themselves up and now setting themselves on fire..maybe his salt or oil got finished and he cudnt take it so he had to express his discomfort abi nor be so our white brothers dey do am
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by sayso: 4:22pm On Jul 19, 2012
can't we have a picture pls?
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by konami001: 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2012
Sometimes, one has to wonder if these kind of people really believe in the God they worship. How can a Pastor holding the bible as law in his hand with one hand, do something as impregnate a woman outside on the other hand when he has a wife already? How?
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by 76Naira(m): 4:51pm On Jul 19, 2012
Naija Police!!!
Always the last to know.
Yet to be briefed......by who?
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by legendsilver(m): 4:57pm On Jul 19, 2012
Mr..Cork:
gREAT. i HATE muslims anyways..they all the same and should be banned (no oofeinse) angry

Y ar u tribalist, u jst make a fool of ur self angry
Mr..Cork:

Y ar u tribalist, u jst make a fool of ur self
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by sylve11: 4:58pm On Jul 19, 2012
mrkels: Mukina you and your stupid lies, I knew Mr ebaleme very well, I even worked with him in shell and he didn't die on wednesday and also didn't complain about family problems with anobody, because he was loosing favor with people in the office. He was on leave from work and I even was on the road that faithful day, was at orhuwhorun junction to be precise when the incident happened. Please just leave the man to rest in peace as his wife and children are in big pains, I saw them last week and my heart was broken, seeing this news on nairaland now would only make this news circulate and useless people would start commenting as usual stupid comments. I thank God you don't know the whole story. That would have been a different case. Pls tk this story off if u can.

Mukina is not the author, the source is there. I guess i know u, cos i know the family very well. don't mind those people saying all sorts of rubbish. Mr. Ebhaleme was a good man, that is the best of my knowledge. I wonder why people would laff at one's misfortune. Too bad. angry angry sad cool
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by sylve11: 5:01pm On Jul 19, 2012
konami001: Sometimes, one has to wonder if these kind of people really believe in the God they worship. How can a Pastor holding the bible as law in his hand with one hand, do something as impregnate a woman outside on the other hand when he has a wife already? How?

Man say what u know, if u are wise enof u should see there is more to the story. and beside, were u asking a question or u are ascertained that the story's true? sad angry angry cool
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by zeefever: 7:05pm On Jul 19, 2012
emmysenior: There's more to this story than meets the ordinary mind. 1. May be he did something unthinkable or committed a sacrilage and never wanted to face the shame. 2. May be he was under a spell or enchantment kind of.

3.Maybe he was suffering from severe depression.
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by emsquare(m): 7:16pm On Jul 19, 2012
kandiikane: What a way to commit suicide. He should have used a different and quicker method because fire was nothing. Hell was waiting for him.

Hmmmm!!!
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 19, 2012
kilimanjaro:
I've seen innumerable mad men and i've never seen a madman set himself ablaze. They are also afraid of death! I've you seen a madman crossing a highway? You go laugh.
Mental problems can make a person take their own life. You've never seen it happen does not mean it's not possible.
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by studM(m): 8:19pm On Jul 19, 2012
monami2abd:

May God forgive you.. Remember he's a pastor and can never be a boko haram.. i am very sure he's in Heaven because God always take the good ones away from this wicked world...

Why speak as an ignorant xtian?its better 2 hold ur peace dan 2 come out as speak public without knowledge of wat ur defending,if truly he committed suicide den he has no place in Heaven,but will rather spend eternity in hell,
Wat right does a man has 2 take away his own life dt he can't create?remember d Bible defines sin as "all unrighteousness",and d act of committing suicide is sin,it will b wise 4 u 2 get ur fact right b4 u speak publicly,k
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by mmmustapha(m): 9:34pm On Jul 19, 2012
This so called pastor was already in hell fire, may Almighty God grand him hawuya
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by ifeci: 10:43pm On Jul 19, 2012
monami2abd:

So ur own god loves people who commit suicide? wot religion is that again?
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by ifeci: 10:44pm On Jul 19, 2012
mrkels: Mukina this your story is annoying, I rushed to the bridge and they were able to put out the fire and I saw him alive there, pls stop carrying fake useless news. I hate nairaland now because of this. Always confirm your sources.the only reason why they couldn't help him was because they were confused and waited for the police to come around, also the damage was very bad and we were not doctors so moving him would have killed him instantly. It was a very sad sight. He lived for another hour b4 police came,

so wots ur point exactly?
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by mrkels(m): 11:02pm On Jul 19, 2012
sylve11:

Mukina is not the author, the source is there. I guess i know u, cos i know the family very well. don't mind those people saying all sorts of rubbish. Mr. Ebhaleme was a good man, that is the best of my knowledge. I wonder why people would laff at one's misfortune. Too bad. angry angry sad cool
Yer bro, am sure we know each other, lived in dsc all my life till after uni.And as for those laughing at this unfortunate incident, I don't blame them, Nairalanders would be nairalanders. They ll never learn.
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by mrkels(m): 11:03pm On Jul 19, 2012
ifeci:

so wots ur point exactly?
I just don't like the way people are making fun of it, telling lies and all.
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by jumobi1(m): 11:13pm On Jul 19, 2012
He should have pretended he did that because he is tired of government. That way he would have been a hero and his congregation might start a revolution.
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:24pm On Jul 19, 2012
monami2abd:

Thou shall not judge. He just might be in Heaven now.. Remember he's a pastor....

Er...no offense but R u ok?!
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by robbinhud(m): 1:03am On Jul 20, 2012
U THINK SO ?
mankand: indeed a brave man
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by safarigirl(f): 4:46am On Jul 20, 2012
Pastor was on a long tin. Im no sabi sey na Naija we dey, no be Tibet wey if you burn yourself, you'll get on Al Jazeera. He couldn't even pull the Tunisian dude whose death sparked the protest, at least if his death was traced to hardship due to subsidy removal et al, he could've been the pivot for another protest. Come to think of it, isn't it hard to beleive that nobody was around when the dude lit himself up? Knowing the amount of homeless people, scavengers et al that tend to stay under bridges, wouldn't be surprised if someone had seen him but shrugged it off like he was just another nutjob. Whichever way, pastor gonna be smokin some weed with the devil in the abyss.
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by sylaz(m): 5:30am On Jul 20, 2012
Maybe d dude want'd a 'africans spring' . . . Him hand go just fall bad bad tongue
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by YorubaOmoge: 8:14am On Jul 20, 2012
Gosh!!! The worst way to commit suicide!!!

Was he trying to make a political statement?
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by ericpetters(m): 9:02am On Jul 20, 2012
monami2abd:

Thou shall not judge. He just might be in Heaven now.. Remember he's a pastor....
he killed himself,reMember dat also
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by DUBES(m): 10:41am On Jul 20, 2012
What a burnt offering indeed. He i̶̲̥̅̊s never a true man of God. God will continue to expose false prophets
Re: Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta by chiochio1(m): 4:58pm On Jul 20, 2012
WHAT A BIG LOST...I AM REALLY CRYING AND ROLLING ON GROUND FOR YOU
Trecixnine: C'mon, that was the type of Chariot Elijah used back then. He didn't set himself on fire.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jimi Agbaje Live On Channels TV. / INEC Stands By 2019 Election Timetable — Prof. Yakubu / JTF Arrests 4 Boko Haram Commanders In Yobe State!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.