Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Marketing Ideas/contacts Needed Pls Before I Decide To Resign O - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Marketing Ideas/contacts Needed Pls Before I Decide To Resign O (1099 Views)

Partners, Investors & Contacts Needed / He Wants To Resign & Do Vegetable Farming - Please Advice / Kiddies Store in kaduna-Balogun wholesalers contacts needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marketing Ideas/contacts Needed Pls Before I Decide To Resign O by afrobaby(f): 10:16am On Jul 20, 2012
Hello all, pls I need marketing ideas or contacts of proprietors/decision makers of schools to enable me sell our product. My company deals in educational software, though employed to handle technical challenges, no sales are forth coming in since many prefer examination runs to reading, hence pressure is on us to bring in sales. Am seriously thinking of resigning cos I hate marketin but need to secure A̶̲̥̅̊ second option first. Please if Ʊ have any marketing idea that can boost my sales or contacts in private secondary schools, pls assist. Thanks.
Re: Marketing Ideas/contacts Needed Pls Before I Decide To Resign O by Acidosis(m): 10:35am On Jul 20, 2012
what kind of products do you sell?
Re: Marketing Ideas/contacts Needed Pls Before I Decide To Resign O by afrobaby(f): 12:02pm On Jul 20, 2012
Educational software called brainfriend, it is A̶̲̥̅̊ preparatory tool for major exams in primary, secondary schools. It is A̶̲̥̅̊ computer-based test software and has 50,000 questions and answers in 50subjects including driving test, ict, aptitude test and also study notes, curriculum and career counseling
Re: Marketing Ideas/contacts Needed Pls Before I Decide To Resign O by spicyv1(f): 2:10pm On Jul 20, 2012
Afrobaby it is well you hia! Okay here are a few tips that I hope you find helpful.

To get your contacts, I think you should seek the face θf google lol. Just type list or contact θf private schools in Lagos (assuming you are based in Lag). From that list, visit the website θf schools that have websites and retrieve the contact number from the site. Most top schools have the principals' number on the site as well.

Next, you have to group your potential clients into categories by identifying their needs and leveraging on that platform to market your product. What do I mean?

Category A: Schools who are looking for means to increase their population.
Category B: Schools who do not have population as a challenge but have the need to maintain a reputation ( maybe to be known for high success rate in exams)
Category C: others.

Now, you can see that A and B are your target clients. They are the ones you should pursue relentlessly until they see the relevance θf your product to meeting their needs.

At this point, you are prepared to visit the decision makers! You can start by sending e-mails, bulk sms with catchy phrases ( recall that the bulk sms must capture the needs θf your client) and phone call to fix an appointment.

Your major focus should be to identify your clients and their needs, place them into categories and leverage on that need to sell your product. You must make the client see that he has need for the product!
Success is your afrobaby!

3 Likes

Re: Marketing Ideas/contacts Needed Pls Before I Decide To Resign O by afrobaby(f): 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2012
@spicyv, thx for ur contribution, really appreciate.I must confess have done some of the things Ʊ said, like getting names of schools, contacts of principals and/or proprietor as the case may be, sent emails and sms but guess I will need to do them again.
Re: Marketing Ideas/contacts Needed Pls Before I Decide To Resign O by spicyv1(f): 4:10pm On Jul 20, 2012
You are welcome dear. If you have sent emails and sms' I don't think you should do that again else you'd be seen as a bother. Why not call to fix an appointment? Or visit but make sure you leave with a contact number for follow-up. Ensure to go with your letter θf intro. Or a one page proposal.

All the best.
Re: Marketing Ideas/contacts Needed Pls Before I Decide To Resign O by bigfat01: 9:27am On Jul 21, 2012
why dont you build a mini website for this product and then use face book ad or any nigerian school directory website to market it?

1 Like

Re: Marketing Ideas/contacts Needed Pls Before I Decide To Resign O by afrobaby(f): 7:37am On Jul 22, 2012
@bigfat, did Ʊ say A̶̲̥̅̊ mini website, dis product is A̶̲̥̅̊ product from A̶̲̥̅̊ big coy in PH which handles several jobs for big schools in PH, we have 3 websites dedicated to this alone, but the prob is Lagos office is still kind of new and Ʊ know Lag is highly competitive, it is A̶̲̥̅̊ very good product, that I can attest to but most of our youths dis days just prefer the short cut. Shey Ʊ understand. Thanks
Re: Marketing Ideas/contacts Needed Pls Before I Decide To Resign O by bigx(m): 7:48am On Jul 29, 2012
afrobaby: @bigfat, did Ʊ say A̶̲̥̅̊ mini website, dis product is A̶̲̥̅̊ product from A̶̲̥̅̊ big coy in PH which handles several jobs for big schools in PH, we have 3 websites dedicated to this alone, but the prob is Lagos office is still kind of new and Ʊ know Lag is highly competitive, it is A̶̲̥̅̊ very good product, that I can attest to but most of our youths dis days just prefer the short cut. Shey Ʊ understand. Thanks

Listen to bigfat, mini-website & facebook ads. Get an account with get response or mailchimp to capture non-immediate buyer's contact details.
100$ invested can bring in millions in sales.
I'm talking from experience.

1 Like

Re: Marketing Ideas/contacts Needed Pls Before I Decide To Resign O by Murphy7h4: 2:24pm On Jul 29, 2012
I like this.

(1) (Reply)

Own Your Own Business.Become Self Employed / Dealmakers Dreaming Of African Riches Move Bankers To Next China / 3 Steps To Starting Your Own Business! [no Money Down]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.