Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,526 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops (11161 Views)

Cheap Gigabyte To Use On My Lapi/smarthphone Pls. / Cheap Data Plan To Use On My Mordern Pls / Advice Needed: Choice Of Modem/ISP To Get For Use On A Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by Maleeq(m): 2:40pm On Jul 20, 2012

Facebook Inc. (FB), operator of the world’s largest social-network, declined after a report from Capstone Investments said the number of users fell over the past six months.

The shares of Menlo Park, California-based Facebook decreased 0.6 percent to $28.09 at the close in New York, adding to a 8.1 percent slide yesterday.
Shares of Zynga Inc. (ZNGA), which gets most of its revenue from games played on Facebook, dropped 5.2 percent to $4.58. Enlarge image Facebook Falls as Use on Social Site Drops.

U.S. users decreased 1.1 percent over the past six months, Rory Maher, an analyst at Capstone, said in a report today. Of 23 countries where Facebook had at least 50 percent market penetration, growth was little changed or down in 14 nations over the past three months, he said.

“This could be an issue for Facebook growth since we estimate that outside of Southeast Asia and some countries in Latin America, most markets are approaching 50 percent penetration,” Maher said in the report.
source: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-07-17/facebook-falls-on-report-of-user-decline-san-francisco-mover.html

From the IPO of $42/share to $28.09? Not too good for facebook shareholders
Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by mkmyers45(m): 3:21pm On Jul 20, 2012
People bought the shares in haste as they refused to consider the fact that almost everyone is cutting advertising budget..i pity them now
Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by ariyebaba(m): 4:19pm On Jul 20, 2012
Its been quite an age av visited FB. Its uninteresting and boring.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by SisiKill1: 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2012
Well duh!!!

Who didn't see this coming?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by alaoeri: 4:46pm On Jul 20, 2012
People are gradually reducing passion for facebook, the initial zeal isn't there anymore hope its doesn't turn to myspace in the nearest future.
Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by joskin: 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2012
Facebook is for teenagers & jobless ones

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 20, 2012
joskin: Facebook is for teenagers & jobless ones
ah! For your mouth. Say that again.

3 Likes

Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by tonyx4x44(m): 5:01pm On Jul 20, 2012
twitter
Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by Jeel: 5:03pm On Jul 20, 2012
Is Tuberclosis Joshua on fb?May be thats the reason for the fall
Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 20, 2012
Why won't it drop,when el rufai & co has converted it to their permanent offices...mcheewww

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by SamAfrik(m): 5:07pm On Jul 20, 2012
Nairaland gaining!
Facebook dropping!

1 Like

Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by ANYPEN(m): 5:09pm On Jul 20, 2012
The fact is, if you can't physically see, play & do other stuffs with your friends, they remain old friends even if they are on FB. I personally do not find FB interesting Anymore because it isn't all of my friends on FB that are truly my friends & those that are friends remain old friends until we meet again.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by mekaboy(m): 5:17pm On Jul 20, 2012
THEY REFUSED TO ACCEPT NIGERIA VISA CARDS , WHAT DO THEY EXPECT NOW? HA HA HA HA, MESS WITH NIGERIAN INTERNET COMMUNITY AND WATCH YOUR SITE CRUMBLE TO YOUR FACE.

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by haruna1970(m): 5:19pm On Jul 20, 2012
fb is going down just like other social sites before it. Where are hi5, facepic and co. Zuckerberg can read between the lines that's the reason he turned the company public. To reduce his personal loss, I guess.
Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by Ejine(m): 5:24pm On Jul 20, 2012
My account was DISABLED for no reason, and the bastarrds asked me to scan and send them my International Passport before they could activate it. That was the point I really decided to reassess my cyber-life and really ask myself what contributions Facebook has done for me so far, which infact is nada.
Facebook is similar to a fake girl who put you in the friend zone - you invest so much but get nothing in return.
Facebook did not contribute to the money I have today.
Facebook did not contribute to the happiness I have today.
Facebook did not help me with any of my relationships.
It was just a useless, dumb, stupiid site useful for procrastination and connecting with people I KNOW as opposed to people I actually LIKE.

It was after this personal reflection that I knew what I needed to do. I gave it the middle finger and haven't looked back ever since, and my life has been much brighter for 19 months and counting.
Rest in pieces, old kindegarten pals.
Rest in pieces, old coursemates from Ife.
Rest in pieces, old neighbors from the 042.
Rest in pieces to my one-night stands in Makurdi.

You add no value to my life now, so I'm cutting you loose for good smiley

Fvck Facebook. To infinity and beyond.

24 Likes

Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by joejeezy(m): 5:24pm On Jul 20, 2012
The fb games are really boring
Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by angiemartinez(f): 5:25pm On Jul 20, 2012
i just go through only the ist page lately. Funny enough i spend more time here.

3 Likes

Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by Demdem(m): 5:26pm On Jul 20, 2012
I have even forgotten my password sef.
Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by ecode1(m): 5:30pm On Jul 20, 2012

I totally disagree with you sir. You can say people abuse the way of it or are addicted to it, but to say Facebook is meant for teenagers and jobless ones, no way sir!
The primarily aim of Facebook is to connect and share with people in our life so I can't see the correlation with this and what you mentioned above.
Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by Ejine(m): 5:30pm On Jul 20, 2012
Demdem: I have even forgotten my password sef.

Hallelujah! For the first time, you're not writing in bold.
This calls for a celebration o. Baba God, you too much.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 20, 2012
I hardly check my fb acct ths days. E don do sef. Na one Naija site wan overtake em all now, watch out!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by Demdem(m): 5:36pm On Jul 20, 2012
Ejiné:

Hallelujah! For the first time, you're not writing in bold.
This calls for a celebration o. Baba God, you too much.

Anytime am not in bold, then know that am mobile. It isn't friendly at all. grin
Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by Adolak(m): 5:43pm On Jul 20, 2012
What i see about it is that people are aspiring for NEW things.
Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by oladayo042: 5:44pm On Jul 20, 2012
ANY-PEN :
The fact is, if you can't physically see, play & do other stuffs with your friends, they remain old friends even if they are on FB. I personally do not find FB interesting Anymore because it isn't all of my friends on FB that are truly my friends & those that are friends remain old friends until we meet again.
I quite agree with this. You have friends on Facebook but you don't actually 'connect' with them.

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by yommy2sure(m): 5:47pm On Jul 20, 2012
So true, facebook is fading out like the rest of 'em gradually...I only check for friends birthdays.
Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 20, 2012
CIA should buy up all the shares naw....murra fuckers...
Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by LeJeun3: 5:53pm On Jul 20, 2012

Very unjust assumption. That you don't make any gainful use of Facebook doesn't remove its essence. Ur loss is another's gain.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by shilling(f): 5:58pm On Jul 20, 2012
Hmm....can't wait for something else to dominate social media although I don't think it will be anytime soon. I only check my newsfeed these days, Fb is boring.
Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by francis247(m): 6:02pm On Jul 20, 2012
what goes up must come down. Nairaland: Take Note.
Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by Michky: 6:02pm On Jul 20, 2012
Ejiné: My account was DISABLED for no reason, and the bastarrds asked me to scan and send them my International Passport before they could activate it. That was the point I really decided to reassess my cyber-life and really ask myself what contributions Facebook has done for me so far, which infact is nada.
Facebook is similar to a fake girl who put you in the friend zone - you invest so much but get nothing in return.
Facebook did not contribute to the money I have today.
Facebook did not contribute to the happiness I have today.
Facebook did not help me with any of my relationships.
It was just a useless, dumb, stupiid site useful for procrastination and connecting with people I KNOW as opposed to people I actually LIKE.

It was after this personal reflection that I knew what I needed to do. I gave it the middle finger and haven't looked back ever since, and my life has been much brighter for 19 months and counting.
Rest in pieces, old kindegarten pals.
Rest in pieces, old coursemates from Ife.
Rest in pieces, old neighbors from the 042.
Rest in pieces to my one-night stands in Makurdi.

You add no value to my life now, so I'm cutting you loose for good smiley

Fvck Facebook. To infinity and beyond.
Yes! Facebook (Zukerberg), here's my middle finger, moda fvckers!! To infinity and beyoooooooooønd!!!
Re: Facebook Falls As Use On Social Site Drops by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 20, 2012
people are getting wiser and their privacy-policy needs to be upheld, with FaceBook there is no privacy no matter how you hide yourself, it reveals your friends and the friends of your friends' friends. apart from the internet addiction it promotes, western govts are using it to gather useful information about people and places(believe it or not)the number of deleted profiles increases by the day, though starters and new internet users are crazy about it but that also will decrease with time.
finally, its bizness as usual, few people are making millions online while others are their patronizers/customers, knowingly or unknowingly.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

D.I Printing & I.D Card Printing at Extremely low rate / Connecting Opera Mini Browser 4rm Phone 2 Laptop. / 6 Benefits Of Using USB Flash Drives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.