Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,214 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons (2230 Views)

London School Pupils ‘banned From Looking At Eclipse For Religious Reasons / Female Circumcision Is Barbaric And Evil. / 10 Questions For Religious Folks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by Ptolomeus(m): 9:53pm On Jul 20, 2012
What is your opinion?
Re: Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:01pm On Jul 20, 2012
100% against female circumcision. even i dont really like male circumcision because why would the creator make us that way if only for u s to tamper with our body.

No i am actually against any form of circumcision.
Re: Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by Ptolomeus(m): 10:19pm On Jul 20, 2012
Thanks by intervene brother

Yes, I agree with you, I think it's a way to maul the body, and goes against the nature of creation.
But there are religions that accept and encourage it ...

1 Like

Re: Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:28pm On Jul 20, 2012
most Pagan people around the world dont do circumcision. i wonder why we Africans do it
Re: Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by Ptolomeus(m): 10:34pm On Jul 20, 2012
It is a very good question.
Mainly African women who undergo these events.
Re: Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by MacDaddy01: 10:41pm On Jul 20, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
most Pagan people dont do circumcision. i wonder why we Africans do it

Perplexes me. Take a look at this muslim sheep;

https://www.nairaland.com/989706/persecution-muslims-west

1 Like

Re: Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:42pm On Jul 20, 2012
i heard they even stictch it up in East Africa for women, leaving a small gap for defecation and when the man wants to produce a baby, she painfully removest he stitches. . lipsrsealed
Re: Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by MacDaddy01: 10:44pm On Jul 20, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
i heard they even stictch it up in East Africa for women, leaving a small gap for defecation and when the man wants to produce a baby, she painfully removest he stitches. . lipsrsealed

Re: Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by DevotedOne(m): 11:38pm On Jul 21, 2012
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name of God, the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful. Ramadhan Mubarak! As salaamu alaykum, The Peace (of God), Be Upon You, Everyone.

I've not Scripturally read of female circumcision, so, I don't understand the reason for it. But, the story of Adam, PBUH, who is thought to have initiated circumcision, is found in the Gospel of Barnabas.

Chapter 23 Orgin of Circumcision, and covenant of God with Abraham, and damnation of the uncircumcised.

And having said this, Jesus sat nigh unto the mountain which they looked upon. And his disciples came to his side to listen to his words. Then said Jesus: 'Adam the first man having eaten, by fraud of Satan, the food forbidden of God in paradise, his flesh rebelled against the spirit; whereupon he swore, saying: "By God, I will cut thee!" And having broken a piece of rock, he seized his flesh to cut it with the sharp edge of the stone: whereupon he was rebuked by the angel Gabriel. And he answered: "I have sworn by God to cut it; I will never be a liar!"

'Then the angel showed him the superfluity of his flesh, and that he cut off. And hence, just as every man taketh flesh from the flesh of Adam, so is he bound to observe all that Adam promised with an oath. This did Adam observe in his sons, and from generation to generation came down the obligation of circumcision. But in the time of Abraham there were but few circumcised upon the earth, because that idolatry was multiplied up the earth. Whereupon God told to Abraham the fact concerning circumcision, and made this covenant, saying: "The soul that shall not have his flesh circumcised, I will scatter him from among my people for ever." '

The disciples trembled with fear at these words of Jesus, for with vehemence of spirit he spoke. Then said Jesus: Leave fear to him that hath not circumcised his foreskin, for he is deprived of paradise. And having said this, Jesus spoke again, saying: 'The spirit in many is ready in the service of God, but the flesh is weak. The man therefore that feareth God ought to consider what the flesh is, and where it had its origin, and whereto it shall be reduced. Of the clay of the earth created God flesh, and into it he breathed the breath of life, with an inbreathing therein. And therefore when the flesh shall hinder the service of God it ought to be spurned like clay and trampled on, forasmuch as he that hateth his soul in this world shall keep it in life eternal.
'What the flesh is at this present its desires make manifest -that it is a harsh enemy of all good: for it alone desireth sin.

'Ought then man for the sake of satisfying one of his enemies to leave off pleasing God, his creator? Consider ye this.
All the saints and prophets have been enemies of their flesh for service of God: wherefore readily and with gladness they went to their death, so as not to offend against the law of God given by Moses his servant, and go and serve the false and lying gods.

'Remember Elijah, who fled through desert places of the mountains, eating only grass, clad in goats' skin. Ah, how many days he supped not! Ah, how much cold he endured! Ah, how many showers drenched him, and [that] for the space of seven years, wherein endured that fierce persecution of the unclean Jezebel!

Remember Elisha, who ate barley-bread, and wore the Coarsest raiment. Verily I say unto you that they, not fearing to spurn the flesh, were feared with great terror by the king and princes. This should suffice for the spurning of the flesh, O men. But if ye will gaze at the sepulchres, ye shall know what the flesh is.'

Wassalaam. DevotedOne
Re: Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:19am On Jul 22, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^ useless stories fit for horror movies. . tongue

1 Like

Re: Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by Ptolomeus(m): 4:09pm On Jul 23, 2012
@DevotedOne

This is not critical, but difficult to understand how a god created a man and a woman, and then orders them to remove part of what he gave ...
Contradiction?

1 Like

Re: Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:12pm On Jul 23, 2012
Ptolomeus: @DevotedOne

This is not critical, but difficult to understand how a god created a man and a woman, and then orders them to remove part of what he gave ...
Contradiction?

no brother it is just normal human mental illness.
Re: Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by DevotedOne(m): 8:19pm On Jul 24, 2012
In The Name of The Only God, Peace Be Upon You Everyone. Ramadhan Mubarak! Blessed Ramadhan!

Re: Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by Ptolomeus(m): 4:09pm On Jul 23
@DevotedOne

Contradiction?

As mentioned in my initial remarks, I've never read anything to the effect, of female circumcision (re: Scripture). However man, woman, has been given free will. The ancients would say "choose ye right, choose ye wrong, choose."

Salaam/Peace. DevotedOne
Re: Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by Ptolomeus(m): 5:22pm On Jul 26, 2012
DevotedOne: In The Name of The Only God, Peace Be Upon You Everyone. Ramadhan Mubarak! Blessed Ramadhan!

As mentioned in my initial remarks, I've never read anything to the effect, of female circumcision (re: Scripture). However man, woman, has been given free will. The ancients would say "choose ye right, choose ye wrong, choose."

Salaam/Peace. DevotedOne
I congratulate him on his choice of religion. Everyone has the right to their faith.
With what I might disagree (respectfully) with his claim is "the only god), because that can tell a Christian, a Muslim, a Buddhist, a traditionalist ... but in all cases would be a simple assault charge .

You then consider that male circumcision has religious roots, but you ignore the reason why women are sexually mutilated?
Re: Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by DevotedOne(m): 6:05pm On Jul 26, 2012
In The Name of The Only God, Peace Be Upon You Everyone. Ramadhan Mubarak! Blessed Ramadhan!

With what I might disagree (respectfully) with his claim is "the only god), because that can tell a Christian, a Muslim, a Buddhist, a traditionalist ... but in all cases would be a simple assault charge .ine a

You then consider that male circumcision has religious roots, but you ignore the reason why women are sexually mutilated?
Ptolomeus

Ptolomeus, with due respect, try to imagine a world('s) with millions of fanatical gods. I doubt that you would want to live with them.

I do not ignore female circumcision. As I've stated earlier, I do not understand the reasoning that is permitting it. Whose idea is it the male, or female? What is the reason for it?

Salaam/Peace. DevotedOne
Re: Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by Ptolomeus(m): 8:03pm On Jul 26, 2012
DevotedOne:

1. In The Name of The Only God, Peace Be Upon You Everyone. Ramadhan Mubarak! Blessed Ramadhan!

2. I doubt that you would want to live with them.

3. I do not ignore female circumcision. As I've stated earlier, I do not understand the reasoning that is permitting it. Whose idea is it the male, or female? What is the reason for it?

With the greatest respect:
1. When a god is really the only, and is really powerful ... nobody speaks for him ...

2. You are mistaken. You confuse me with an atheist and I'm not ... You understand now, you may be wrong on many things?

3. You do not know what they are about the mutilations. But ... you think of them? Do you think are due to ignorance?, The fantismo? a plan of God?
Are you circumcised?
Re: Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by DevotedOne(m): 11:13pm On Jul 26, 2012
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name of God, the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful. Ramadhan Mubarak! As salaamu alaykum, The Peace (of God), Be Upon You, Everyone.

With the greatest respect:
1. When a god is really the only, and is really powerful ... nobody speaks for him ...

2. You are mistaken. You confuse me with an atheist and I'm not ... You understand now, you may be wrong on many things?

3. You do not know what they are about the mutilations. But ... you think of them? Do you think are due to ignorance?, The fantismo? a plan of God? Are you circumcised?
Ptolomeus

With all due respect. You are correct. HE, sends Prophets, through whom HE, speaks.

021.026 وَقَالُوا اتَّخَذَ الرَّحْمَنُ وَلَدًا سُبْحَانَهُ بَلْ عِبَادٌ مُكْرَمُونَ
021.026 And they say: "(Allah) Most Gracious has begotten offspring." Glory to Him! they are (but) servants raised to honour.

021.027 لا يَسْبِقُونَهُ بِالْقَوْلِ وَهُمْ بِأَمْرِهِ يَعْمَلُونَ
021.027 They speak not before He speaks, and they act (in all things) by His Command.
Al-Qur'an, 021.026-027 (Al-Anbiya [The Prophets])

I personally would not follow a fanatic. But, I accept your opinion.

re: female circumcision;I don't know what it is about, what it is intended to accomplish. It must have some purpose, for whatever reason.

Salaam/Peace. DevotedOne
Re: Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:16pm On Jul 26, 2012
DevotedOne: Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name of God, the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful. Ramadhan Mubarak! As salaamu alaykum, The Peace (of God), Be Upon You, Everyone.

Ptolomeus

With all due respect. You are correct. HE, sends Prophets, through whom HE, speaks.

021.026 وَقَالُوا اتَّخَذَ الرَّحْمَنُ وَلَدًا سُبْحَانَهُ بَلْ عِبَادٌ مُكْرَمُونَ
021.026 And they say: "(Allah) Most Gracious has begotten offspring." Glory to Him! they are (but) servants raised to honour.

021.027 لا يَسْبِقُونَهُ بِالْقَوْلِ وَهُمْ بِأَمْرِهِ يَعْمَلُونَ
021.027 They speak not before He speaks, and they act (in all things) by His Command.
Al-Qur'an, 021.026-027 (Al-Anbiya [The Prophets])

[b]I personally would not follow a fanatic. [/b]But, I accept your opinion.

re: female circumcision;I don't know what it is about, what it is intended to accomplish. It must have some purpose, for whatever reason.

Salaam/Peace. DevotedOne

ok then why did your prophet kill our people why did he slaughter all those Quraysh Tribesmen wasnt it their right to defend their faith and culture. what would happen if tomorrow a man entered your home and stole your wife at gun-point. would you just let him leave like that? or would you fight to the last
Re: Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by DevotedOne(m): 11:50pm On Jul 27, 2012

ok then why did your prophet kill our people why did he slaughter all those Quraysh Tribesmen wasnt it their right to defend their faith and culture. what would happen if tomorrow a man entered your home and stole your wife at gun-point. would you just let him leave like that? or would you fight to the last
Ptolomeus

Respectfully. I know nothing of a slaughter of the Quraish people. They are/were, of the tribe of the Prophet Muhammad [SAW]. I have read that they were attacking the innocent believers, and Allaah gave the Muslims, permission to retaliate / fight back.

Stole? Past tense? A man should not marry if he does not intend to defend his wife, and his children, to the lost, of his life.

SAW: sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallaam: On Him are the blessings and the peace of God

Salaam/Peace. DevotedOne Muhammad(p.b.u.h) The Final Legacy
Re: Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:03pm On Jul 28, 2012
DevotedOne: Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name of God, the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful. Ramadhan Mubarak! As salaamu alaykum, The Peace (of God), Be Upon You, Everyone.

Ptolomeus

Respectfully. I know nothing of a slaughter of the Quraish people. They are/were, of the tribe of the Prophet Muhammad [SAW]. I have read that they were attacking the innocent believers, and Allaah gave the Muslims, permission to retaliate / fight back.

Stole? Past tense? A man should not marry if he does not intend to defend his wife, and his children, to the lost, of his life.

SAW: sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallaam: On Him are the blessings and the peace of God

Salaam/Peace. DevotedOne

you have not answered my question properly. you , it seems, are either ignorant of the facts or are pretending. peace be upon you.
Re: Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by DevotedOne(m): 12:20am On Jul 29, 2012

you have not answered my question properly. you , it seems, are either ignorant of the facts or are pretending. peace be upon you.
PAGAN 9JA

Respectfully, I do not know who you are. What question have I not answered properly?

Salaam. DevotedOne
Re: Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:26am On Jul 29, 2012

Respectfully, I do not know who you are. What question have I not answered properly?

Salaam. DevotedOne

first of all, answer me this: how can you call the muslims believers "innocent", when they were the one who first started the trouble what if tomorrow i go and start preaching in a muslim area. would all them muslims come to kill me places like Saudi arabia , etc have death sentence for this and even in North Nigeria. how can you say its fair? and your prophet told to slaughter all those who refused to convert or pay religious tax/ jaziya. now you tell me, is this fair how do you expect your religion to be called good then
Re: Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by DevotedOne(m): 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2012

first of all, answer me this: how can you call the muslims believers "innocent", when they were the one who first started the trouble what if tomorrow i go and start preaching in a muslim area. would all them muslims come to kill me places like Saudi arabia , etc have death sentence for this and even in North Nigeria. how can you say its fair? and your prophet told to slaughter all those who refused to convert or pay religious tax/ jaziya. now you tell me, is this fair how do you expect your religion to be called good then
PAGAN 9JA

Your question sir, is none too clear, but, I'll do my best to reply: first of all I do not know anything of the trouble you are claiming. And I do get the impression that you are trying to relate to a situation with the tribe of Quraish, the Prophet Muhammad's [SAW] tribe. You must understand that Allaah, All Glory Be To HIM, sent the Prophet Muhammad [SAW] to remind the people of their duty to Allaah, Blessed Is HE, Forevermore.It is obvious that the idol worshipers resented this, as they attacked the followers of the Prophet Muhammad [SAW].

The situation concerning the jaziya as you claim, is tax for non-believer's regarding their secured rights.

BTW, this thread is off topic.

Salaam. DevotedOne.
Re: Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:18pm On Jul 29, 2012

PAGAN 9JA

Your question sir, is none too clear, but, I'll do my best to reply: first of all I do not know anything of the trouble you are claiming. And I do get the impression that you are trying to relate to a situation with the tribe of Quraish, the Prophet Muhammad's [SAW] tribe. You must understand that Allaah, All Glory Be To HIM, sent the Prophet Muhammad [SAW] to remind the people of their duty to Allaah, Blessed Is HE, Forevermore.It is obvious that the idol worshipers resented this, as they attacked the followers of the Prophet Muhammad [SAW].

The situation concerning the jaziya as you claim, is tax for non-believer's regarding their secured rights.

BTW, this thread is off topic.

Salaam. DevotedOne.

well the your prohphet committed the gravest crime ever a tribal can commit by massacring his own tribe. that is paramount sin and is injustifiable by the laws of tribes. he has disregarded the duty towards his people and forbears. again, it is obvious they wouuld resent it because he tried to wipe out all their age old cultures, traditions and identity like what is happening in Africa. and what duty do you talk about the whole world was Pagan back then (before christianity and monotheistic judaism). WE WERE HERE FIRST! THAT IS HOW WE WERE CREATED! angry

and i dont care if the thread is off topic, because a person who has clear and clean views will never run away, but fight back and give a good straightforward reply. .
Re: Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by lepasharon(f): 4:31pm On Jul 30, 2012
female circumcision is totally wrong,but male circumsision is for a reason.
God told the israelites to do it,to make a distinction between his people and the gentile. That is all.
Re: Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:54pm On Jul 30, 2012
lepasharon: female circumcision is totally wrong,but male circumsision is for a reason.
God told the israelites to do it,to make a distinction between his people and the gentile. That is all.

God did not tell any such thing. it is mutilation of the body. angry
Re: Male Circumcision; Clitoridectomy And Infibulation Women For Religious Reasons by Ptolomeus(m): 6:15pm On Jul 30, 2012
DevotedOne: The situation concerning the jaziya as you claim, is tax for non-believer's regarding their secured rights.
Some people say that the Arabs and Christians brought civilization to Africa ...
It really seems worthy of barbarians collect a tax in exchange for security ...
A god endorsed that?
I really respect all thoughts, but that sort of thing I consider disgusting.
My respects.

(1) (Reply)

Christians Won't U Stop Worshiping A Metaphorical Son? / Can You Find It In Your Bible? (pic) / The New UK PM Is A Freemason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.