Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

3 silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (OK, Some Of Them) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (OK, Some Of Them) (1266 Views)

I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research / Christians- Do You Follow Your Pastors Teachings? / A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (OK, Some Of Them) by MacDaddy01: 12:33pm On Jul 21, 2012
Religion can make you do stupid things. The worst that an atheist/agnostic can do on the internet is insult religion when it comes to religion.

Lets look at the abyss of st.upidity/hypocrisy that religion is dragging our fellow Nigerians into;

1) Insulting the victims and using disasters to praise their religion;
The Dana aeroplane crash is an example. They say foolish things like "God saved me from buying a plane ticket that day". God saved you? Were the people on that flight cursed or punished by God? Why didnt God save everybody on that flight ( from the crash,therefore, saving more people altogether) rather than saving you alone?

Another example is the Haiti earthquake, where Jesoul tells a story of a couple that was "saved by God" from the earthquake.

https://www.nairaland.com/388072/haiti-earthquake-intimate-account-providence

So, God chose not to save the hundreds of people that died in the earthquake or the injured in the earthquake but to save the couple?

Tell me, is that not an insult to the victims?

I believe that these Nairaland christians are one step away from Pat Robertson who claimed that the earthquake was because of the Haitian's pact with the devil!

2) Defend the evils that some "Men of God" or church authorities do;
These MOGs' have become more important than Jesus himself.

Oyedepo slapped a girl and people were defending it. Even here on Nairaland where people are from all over the world. In any advanced/developed country, would Oyedepo have gotten away with such? https://www.nairaland.com/931150/oyedepo-fails-appear-court-slapping

What about private jets? Does a pastor need a private jet when diplomats fly amost every week on commercial planes? The same diplomats who fly more than these MOGs' and have a more important job of keeping peace and harmony between countries? Any pastor with a private jet is a fraud- a tithe fraud. https://www.nairaland.com/446173/does-pastor-trully-need-private/1

What about catholics? How can you still be a catholic when the catholic church mas made it clear that when a case of child abuse is evident, their first priority is to make sure that the reputation of catholic church is not damaged rather than helping the abuse victim.

3) Hypocritically blaming others for immorality and hate/wars. Also calling atheists "militant".
Christianity is not a religion of peace or morality. The bible alone contains the immorality of inbreeding (Abraham and Sarah- stepbrother/sister), Racism (Jesus and the Canaanite woman Matthew 15:22-26smiley and genocide (extermination of Amakelites, Noah's flooding). Christianity has been by far the bloodiest religion ever known to mankind from Constantine's just war in 314 to the inquisitions in the 12 century to Hitler.

Atheism should not be conflated with anti-religion. Atheism is only a theological stance and not a doctrine or set of beliefs.

Christians do not have the copyright on morality. Anyone can be immoral. Atheism is not evil. Infact, christians do not have the standing to claim that others are immoral when we look at the evidence;

www.nairaland.com/attachments/733534_divorce_religion_png81c89aa5abf7c69de9d4543c55a864a0
http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2011-03-14-divorce-christians_N.htm

[img]http://1.bp..com/_8sY9bx8acNM/SibxlnDSmjI/AAAAAAAAAZE/kmGm1kwFX3s/s400/Global_peace_index.png[/img]
http://epiphenom.fieldofscience.com/2009/06/atheist-nations-are-more-peaceful.html

Muslim version coming soon. (if you want the muslim version put "#infidel" at the end of your reply)
Re: 3 silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (OK, Some Of Them) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 21, 2012
You're fighting a losing battle, mate. Nairaland christians, heck, Nigerian christians are so steeped in their brainwash that anybody else is the devil. Just do what I've recently learned to do: turn the other way.
Great article, btw. #I'mNotPuttingInfidelButIWantTheMuslimVersion

2 Likes

Re: 3 silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (OK, Some Of Them) by deleo16(m): 12:40pm On Jul 21, 2012
LWkm D haha
Re: 3 silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (OK, Some Of Them) by MacDaddy01: 12:41pm On Jul 21, 2012
SimonAndal: You're fighting a losing battle, mate. Nairaland christians, heck, Nigerian christians are so steeped in their brainwash that anybody else is the devil. Just do what I've recently learned to do: turn the other way.

Nope, that is cowardly. The battle cant be lost on the internet. How many pro-christian threads do we see nowadays on nairaland? They are decreasing.

However, you might be right in real life. There is hardly anyways to convince them of some of their wrong doctrines when they have conviction in the majority.
Re: 3 silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (OK, Some Of Them) by mkmyers45(m): 12:42pm On Jul 21, 2012
Logicboy i think you should focus on bettering yourself as an atheist in true search of the truth and lay-off all this....

#In.....
Re: 3 silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (OK, Some Of Them) by MacDaddy01: 12:44pm On Jul 21, 2012
mkmyers45: Logicboy i think you should focus on bettering yourself as an atheist in true search of the truth and lay-off all this....

#In.....

Nope, I love the religious douchebagz too much to let them drown in some of their wrong doctrines
Re: 3 silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (OK, Some Of Them) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 21, 2012
Wait, you're logicboy? I thought logicboy was logicmind? Migraines.
Re: 3 silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (OK, Some Of Them) by MacDaddy01: 1:08pm On Jul 21, 2012
SimonAndal: Wait, you're logicboy? I thought logicboy was logicmind? Migraines.

Calm down.

Logicmind is another guy. e is a friend

I am logicboy aka Macdaddy
Re: 3 silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (OK, Some Of Them) by ijawkid(m): 4:17pm On Jul 21, 2012
Logic boy.....

I agree with numbers 1 and 2....

But number 3 get small k-leg...

And u knw u and I have always battled about d slavery issue......
Re: 3 silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (OK, Some Of Them) by MacDaddy01: 4:22pm On Jul 21, 2012
ijawkid: Logic boy.....

I agree with numbers 1 and 2....

But number 3 get small k-leg...

And u knw u and I have always battled about d slavery issue......

But I did not mention slavery.
Re: 3 silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (OK, Some Of Them) by ijawkid(m): 4:31pm On Jul 21, 2012
MacDaddy01:

But I did not mention slavery.
Sorry

I meant racism.........

People who claim to be christians who engaged in wars and blood shed aren't followers of christ....

This is why I always take u back to d 1st century christians who were like d blue print for christianity......

Anybody who practices christianity outside d way d apostles did it are not christians....

Those faithful 1st century christians never for once took part in wars.....they were never nationalistic to start with.......

For those who profess to be christians but instigated and supported d crusade are not christians....
Re: 3 silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (OK, Some Of Them) by MacDaddy01: 4:44pm On Jul 21, 2012
ijawkid:
Sorry

I meant racism.........

People who claim to be christians who engaged in wars and blood shed aren't followers of christ....

This is why I always take u back to d 1st century christians who were like d blue print for christianity......

Anybody who practices christianity outside d way d apostles did it are not christians....

Those faithful 1st century christians never for once took part in wars.....they were never nationalistic to start with.......

For those who profess to be christians but instigated and supported d crusade are not christians....

What was Paul's teaching about women? Wasnt Paul an early christian?

That women should be silent in church and be in submission? Does that sound like a christian or a wife-beating muslim?

What about the issue of slavery in the Roman empire n the 1st century? Did the christians ever say anything about it? No. Did Jesus talk about slavery? no
Re: 3 silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (OK, Some Of Them) by ijawkid(m): 6:06pm On Jul 21, 2012
MacDaddy01:

What was Paul's teaching about women? Wasnt Paul an early christian?

That women should be silent in church and be in submission? Does that sound like a christian or a wife-beating muslim?

What about the issue of slavery in the Roman empire n the 1st century? Did the christians ever say anything about it? No. Did Jesus talk about slavery? no

We had deliberated on this women submissiveness some time ago....

Paul didn't mean women should padlock there mouths...

Logic boy u just dnt understand scriptures and u never wanna understand it because ur mind is made up not to.....

I told u there are principles of headship...

If I culd remember I even gave u d example of Jesus and his father(Yahweh).....

1 corinthians 11:3.....

Women don't take d lead where men are or exercise authority over men in d congregation....

All that is done so that things can take place decently and by arrangement...

Women engaged in d evangelizing work,but in a congregated setting women respect d authority of men......

That is Gods command......

That is why even in times past u culd never had seen a woman serve as a priest or a high priest.......
Re: 3 silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (OK, Some Of Them) by MacDaddy01: 7:26pm On Jul 21, 2012
ijawkid:

We had deliberated on this women submissiveness some time ago....

Paul didn't mean women should padlock there mouths...

Logic boy u just dnt understand scriptures and u never wanna understand it because ur mind is made up not to.....

I told u there are principles of headship...

If I culd remember I even gave u d example of Jesus and his father(Yahweh).....

1 corinthians 11:3.....

Women don't take d lead where men are or exercise authority over men in d congregation....

All that is done so that things can take place decently and by arrangement...

Women engaged in d evangelizing work,but in a congregated setting women respect d authority of men......

That is Gods command......

That is why even in times past u culd never had seen a woman serve as a priest or a high priest.......

Have you ever travelled outside Nigeria to a developed or advanced country? Because, I doubt that you havent seen how sexist you are
Re: 3 silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (OK, Some Of Them) by ijawkid(m): 9:25pm On Jul 21, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Have you ever travelled outside Nigeria to a developed or advanced country? Because, I doubt that you havent seen how sexist you are

Lol....

Oboy u just can't understand scriptures....

I aint a sexist...

And I dnt need to travel...

Pauls words does nt belittle women.....
Neither does it mean women are to be dominated...its just for peace and orderliness....

Soon u might start arguing why children are to be obedient to there parents......

Kids are to be under d authority of there parents.......for orderliness sake.......

Don't u get it??

D reason why Yahweh and his son Jesus are in agreement is because Jesus respects headship.....I quoted 1 corinthians 11:3 earlier....

Oboy try to understand d bible....don't be stubborn.....

Ur own don too much...
Re: 3 silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (OK, Some Of Them) by MacDaddy01: 9:28pm On Jul 21, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol....

Oboy u just can't understand scriptures....

I aint a sexist...

And I dnt need to travel...

Pauls words does nt belittle women.....
Neither does it mean women are to be dominated...its just for peace and orderliness....

Soon u might start arguing why children are to be obedient to there parents......

Kids are to be under d authority of there parents.......for orderliness sake.......

Don't u get it??

D reason why Yahweh and his son Jesus are in agreement is because Jesus respects headship.....I quoted 1 corinthians 11:3 earlier....

Oboy try to understand d bible....don't be stubborn.....

Ur own don too much...

I knew it! Guy, you need to travel. You can never learn sophisticated culture in the jungle.
Re: 3 silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (OK, Some Of Them) by ijawkid(m): 9:46pm On Jul 21, 2012
MacDaddy01:

I knew it! Guy, you need to travel. You can never learn sophisticated culture in the jungle.

How would u know if I haven't traveled outside 9ja??

All I'm saying d western world isn't a yard stick for measuring standards...ok??

Yahweh has given us standards that brings about sanity....

@ ur work place,that's if u work,imagine if everybody is an oga...
how would that kind of system look like??

U respect headship and authority even @ ur work place for sanity to reign....

That's what happens @ our homes and even in heaven......

Why can't u just understand this lil truth....

Instead ur asking me if I'v traveled or not....

Is the country u live in a paradise or what!!!!!!
Re: 3 silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (OK, Some Of Them) by MacDaddy01: 9:58pm On Jul 21, 2012
ijawkid:

All I'm saying d western world isn't a yard stick for measuring standards...ok??

Nope. The Western world isnt perfect but they got some things right.

Please read about misogyny

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misogyny
Re: 3 silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (OK, Some Of Them) by MacDaddy01: 10:03pm On Jul 21, 2012
Re: 3 silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (OK, Some Of Them) by truthislight: 10:07pm On Jul 21, 2012
ijawkid:

I think i get ur point.

(1) (Reply)

5 Interesting Facts About Easter / South African Journalist, Jacques Pauw Claims T.B Joshua Tried To Bribe Him / Was Jesus Married With Children? Shocking New Book States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.