Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos (1931 Views)

The Pale Horse Of Apocalypse Unleashed In The Midst Of Egyptian Riot! (Video) / Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti / Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by JeSoul(f): 10:30pm On Jan 26, 2010
This story is a testimony for christians, this is not to debate God, His goodness or evil or any other thing please. Atheists please do not post, open a new topic if you want to insult God or me. Thanks.

I got a call last thursday from one of my closest friends who had moved from here to UK 4 months ago to be with his wife. Due to immigration issues she couldn't be here so he went to be with her for the foreseeable future of 2-3 years until things could be worked out and they could move back.

I got the call from his cell phone here which meant he was back. He wanted to have our usual saturday night dinner/hangout/bible study and fill us in on why he was suddenly back. Around 10pm I showed up along with 4 others and suprise suprise he had his wife with him. These are my closest friends, and as we were exchanging long overdue hugs and kisses they looked at us and said "We just got back from Haiti". I laughed and said in typical jesoul fashion, "dude stop playing" - and they looked at us with ever so serious faces "we're not kidding". They whipped out their laptop and showed us the pictures - and everyone was silent in shock and disbelief.

Turns out, they had decided to go to Haiti (he's originally from haiti) after the new year to spend about a year doing some missionary work and hadn't gotten a chance to call us and fill us in. They arrived just few days before the earthquake and witnessed an event that would change their lives forever.

We all sat down, no longer eager for the pasta dinner that was cooking, but wanted to hear the story. They were involved in a science project, far up in the mountains, charged with installing a system that would bring water up from the valley up to the mountains for the crops and animals. They had just had a meal with the host family and as they stepped out of the house, the earthquake struck, pushing them away from the collasping building onto the mountain side. It lasted "maybe a total of 10 seconds" he said. "Immediately after, there was deafening silence, then you could see the dust rising far far away from the city, and you could hear piercing screams and cries from all around". 2 people died in the small village they were staying. He had pictures from the church service that morning, there was a little boy smiling with glee at the camera, who knew that later he would have another picture of that same little boy in a lifeless body that was crushed by massive rocks. The pictures of the boy's father crying over his son was just . . . heartbreaking.

After 2 days they decided to go to the city to see what was going on as all communication was down. The sight they said "was devastating". The pictures he had - and gosh did he have a billion of them - were just like on tv - death everywhere. They found his uncles house - flattened with 11 people inside. He lost 2 cousins and another uncle. He showed pictures of limbs still sticking out and burned bodies everywhere. For 2 nights they slept on the street as all were afraid to go inside any buildings. They waited in line for hours as the US was evacuating her citizens, "sir we can take you, you're a US citizen but not your wife" they told him. He fought, but they refused - how could he leave his wife? So here they are, homeless, hopeless in the devastated capital along with hundreds of thousands of other equally hopeless people. So they decided to go to the Dominican Republic. Hitched a ride on a bus to the border - chaos as thousands were also trying to flee. They managed to get their passports stamped as they fended off thieves trying to steal their papers. They got on a bus meant for 40, but carrying 140 on a 7 hour drive littered with uncountable checkpoints aka bribepoints to Santa Domingo.

Got to the dominican capital - didn't speak a word of spanish either of them. Found a hotel to stay for the night, regardless of how filthy it was, they were simply happy to have a roof over their heads for the first time in days. They had no clothes so they had to put on the dirty ones from 4days sleeping on the street, wading thru rivers and fighting off thieves to cross the border. His wife suggested "lets try the american embassy again, what do we have to lose?". To cut a long story short, out of thousands in the place, they met who must've been an angel at the embassy. She saw them and immediately took them aside, gave them fresh clothes, gave them money to buy food, and put them in guest quarters at the embassy. I saw the pictures - was like the Hilton hotel lol. The next day, she helped them fill out the paperwork for a visa for his wife and after a grueling session with the interviewers, she was given a visa. They even proceeded to book a flight for them back to the US. This was wednesday night, they called me on thurdsday night, back home in Boston.

I decided to tell this story here on NL becos it touched me. I had been seeing the devastation on tv, not knowing two of my best friends were right there in it. But it touched me because God caused them to be there. Yes I believe God put them there. They'd been praying and were led to go to Haiti from London. Had they not been there, they woulda been stuck in the UK for at least 2 yrs without a means to work and without any family and support. God caused them to endure 4 days of tragedy, in order to test and purify and strenghten their faith and then reward them. I don't know whether God caused the earthquake or not, but I know He used it to bless and transform the lives of two of His children.
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by g1(m): 1:48am On Jan 27, 2010
round of applause for god for destroying a hole city and killing thousands of people just to touch and transform the lives of two of his children" grin undecided,

i hope he does not try to come and transform d lives of people close to me wow because i no ready for earthquake,  grin

peaceout
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by H2O2: 1:53am On Jan 27, 2010
JeSoul:

but I know He used it to bless and transform the lives of two of His children.[/b]

How I wish God in all his might and majesty could have also transformed the rudderless chaos that is Haiti.
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by mamagee3(f): 1:59am On Jan 27, 2010
That earthquake is a disaster that people would continue to remember, I tell you!
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by JeSoul(f): 5:21am On Jan 27, 2010
I made a very simple request that this thread be please respected. Please if you are not a christian I kindly ask that you do not post, you can open a new topic if you wish to discuss anything outside of the story. Moderators please kindly delete the offtopic entries. Thank you.
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by Tudor6(f): 7:07am On Jan 27, 2010
This is an insult to the 200,000 people who died and the millions more devastated.

In every tragedy/war/crisis/disaster there those who lose and people who somehow gain from the whole thing. No biggie.

But to go around gleefully announcing how God blessed you with a 'visa' because of the death of 200,000 people and the devastation of 9 million others is insensitive, sad and painful. It gives the impression God killed 200,000 people so you can get a stamped piece of paper.
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by nuclearboy(m): 8:26am On Jan 27, 2010
@Tudor;

The originating post has not said the Haiti quake was a good thing.

Look at it this way - It happened - something good came out of it for her friends - that neither adds to nor takes from the disaster this was. People see things like this usually from a personal point of view and you can bet your a, e that almost anyone who (living in haiti with their entire family) didn't lose anyone or "anything of much value" would be ecstatic and thanking God or whatever they believe in for blessing/protecting/helping them.

Would you rather we find such and kill them to "console" those who lost everything and everyone?

Just as these thank their "God" they didn't lose, so the poster is grateful for what her friends got - without poking fun at the others!

BTW: You keep saying you don't believe. Religion is all about belief. What are you doing here discussing "nothing" or lets call it " " ?
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by Tudor6(f): 10:04am On Jan 27, 2010
nuclearboy:

@Tudor;

The originating post has not said the Haiti quake was a good thing.

Look at it this way - It happened - something good came out of it for her friends - that neither adds to nor takes from the disaster this was. People see things like this usually from a personal point of view and you can bet your a, e that almost anyone who (living in haiti with their entire family) didn't lose anyone or "anything of much value" would be ecstatic and thanking God or whatever they believe in for blessing/protecting/helping them.

Would you rather we find such and kill them to "console" those who lost everything and everyone?

Just as these thank their "God" they didn't lose, so the poster is grateful for what her friends got - without poking fun at the others!
I never said the poster shouldn't be grateful. There's nothing wrong sharing such testimony amongst your circle of friends, but to come out to the public with such trivializations of this great tragedy is insensitive.

Testifying about God saving your life is different from telling the world you got an american 'visa' because of the devastation of millions, praise the lord.

Its no different from a businessman testifying to the public thus, " I have been praying to god for a big contract, then the haiti earthquake struk and God blessed me with a contract worth millions of dollars to supply relief materials. . . .praise the lord i'm now a millionaire".

Now any haitian or someone whos been affected reads this, how'd you expect them to feel? i.e "you are profiting from our pain and rubbing it in our faces".

BTW: You keep saying you don't believe. Religion is all about belief. What are you doing here discussing "nothing" or lets call it "  " ?
Does my being here bother you? Why are you crying?
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by g1(m): 10:23am On Jan 27, 2010
JeSoul:

I made a very simple request that this thread be please respected. Please if you are not a christian I kindly ask that you do not post, you can open a new topic if you wish to discuss anything outside of the story. Moderators please kindly delete the offtopic entries. Thank you.

you come here happily announcing how god transformed the lives of two of your friends by destroying the lives of thousands of children, women and men, and you expect some people not to find your post and the actions of your god insensitive and malevolent? lipsrsealed

the moment you open this thread you knew what was coming?

though i dnt believe i god, i will say bless you, you seem like a nice person, but i most tell you this topic you opened really feels and sounds insensitive and mean
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by nuclearboy(m): 11:12am On Jan 27, 2010
Tudór:

Does my being here bother you? Why are you crying?

Ha Tudor, e reach like that? Pele O. Okay, lets discuss your homosexuality wink
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by Tudor6(f): 11:24am On Jan 27, 2010
nuclearboy:

Ha Tudor, e reach like that? Pele O. Okay, lets discuss your homosexuality  wink
Na me and you dey follow do am for that your jeep abi? cheesy
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by MyJoe: 12:51pm On Jan 27, 2010
This is a touching story.

Tudór:

Its no different from a businessman testifying to the public thus, " I have been praying to god for a big contract, then the haiti earthquake struk and God blessed me with a contract worth millions of dollars to supply relief materials. . . .praise the lord i'm now a millionaire".
I do have a Christian contractor friend who says this sort of thing. "God can crash a plane because of you," his exact words, and I just sit there listening as he goes on and on about his idea of God.

Poster's intentions are obviously good, but the last 17 words understood in the context of God having sent them to that country in advance are bound to rub people the wrong way. They are not in good taste.

If you read this before it's deleted, JeSoul,  wink my apologies, for defying your exclusion clause. It's not really about being Christian, in my opinion. I know of Christians who will see things differently.
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by nuclearboy(m): 1:51pm On Jan 27, 2010
deleted to stay within OP thread dictates
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by JeSoul(f): 3:17pm On Jan 27, 2010
I made a very simple request that this thread be respected and no atheists post arguments or discussions THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR YOU! Have you guys no sense of decorum?

AKO/Manmustwac thank you for cleaning up the earlier junk, can you please delete the offtopic posts again? Thanks.
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by JeSoul(f): 3:25pm On Jan 27, 2010
Nuclearboy, some posts are only good for ignoring, I purposely will not reply any atheists as I clearly stated this thread is NOT for them, you will be wise to do the same as they are always seeking for a fight.

Anyways, Myjoe, I will always make exceptions for you kiss thank you for your input.
MyJoe:

This is a touching story.
I do have a Christian contractor friend who says this sort of thing. "God can crash a plane because of you," his exact words, and I just sit there listening as he goes on and on about his idea of God.

Poster's intentions are obviously good, but the last 17 words understood in the context of God having sent them to that country in advance are bound to rub people the wrong way. They are not in good taste.
Which is why I stated over and over this topic is not for non-christians as they will NOT understand what I mean. Christians will get this story without my having to explain what I meant. I do not owe any explanation nor seek to indulge any bored atheists who cannot follow simple instructions to move on from christian topics.

If you read this before it's deleted, JeSoul, wink my apologies, for defying your exclusion clause. It's not really about being Christian, in my opinion. I know of Christians who will see things differently.
Myjoe my dude! it wasn't even so much trying to exclude non-christians, I was trying to prevent replies like the first couple ones. I value your (and other cool headed non christians in here) input on any topic. Belligerent atheist fanatics are the ones I do not wish to entertain.
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by nuclearboy(m): 3:31pm On Jan 27, 2010
I understand but couldn't resist trying to get "IT" to confront reality. Bad failed "try", I guess.

If only "IT" would allow us discuss its homosexual lifestyle! Pretentious character that has refused to comeout of the closet. Sad.
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by JeSoul(f): 3:44pm On Jan 27, 2010
Nuclearboy, not a problem my friend, not a problem. They won't understand until their minds are regenerated, which is why engaging them is usually an exercise in futility for both sides.

G1, you seem like a nice guy. Anyone who knows me and reads the op knows I wasn't making light of terrible disaster nor insinuating God killed all those people for 2 of his children - how ridiculous. There is a christian lesson in the story I told. You're not a christian and will not understand hence I requested you and other atheists respect the topic and not post.
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by g1(m): 5:12pm On Jan 27, 2010
JeSoul:

G1, you seem like a nice guy. Anyone who knows me and reads the op knows I wasn't making light of terrible disaster nor insinuating God killed all those people for 2 of his children - how ridiculous. There is a christian lesson in the story I told. You're not a christian and will not understand hence I requested you and other atheists respect the topic and not post.

okay no problem Jesoul, sorry for intruding, dont worry it wont happen again, see you on other topics, takecare of you and stay blessed,
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by JeSoul(f): 5:19pm On Jan 27, 2010
g1:

okay no problem Jesoul, sorry for intruding, dont worry it wont happen again, see you on other topics, takecare of you and stay blessed,
No problem my brother, and I'm sorry if I was brash at first. And I do hope to cross roads with you on another topic soon, you do seem like a cool dude. Godbless.
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by MyJoe: 5:40pm On Jan 27, 2010
cheesy
JeSoul:

Anyways, Myjoe, I will always make exceptions for you  kiss thank you for your input.   Which is why I stated over and over this topic is not for non-christians as they will NOT understand what I mean. Christians will get this story without my having to explain what I meant.
Ok. I understand.

JeSoul:

I do not owe any explanation nor seek to indulge any bored atheists who cannot follow simple instructions to move on from christian topics.
LOL

JeSoul:

Myjoe my dude! it wasn't even so much trying to exclude non-christians, I was trying to prevent replies like the first couple ones. I value your (and other cool headed non christians in here) input on any topic. Belligerent atheist fanatics are the ones I do not wish to entertain.
I just got a foot taller!
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by Tudor6(f): 10:00pm On Jan 27, 2010
Nobody better delete my posts. . . . As I can't see ANY not related to this insulting topic. . . Cwell, maybe just post #8

common sense has to reign even though with religion it becomes obliterated.
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by nuclearboy(m): 10:42pm On Jan 27, 2010
why #8? cheesy

Come out of the closet jo wink
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by Mavenb0x(m): 11:58pm On Jan 27, 2010
@JeSoul: Thanks for sharing, lovey. God bless you.

Really, I don't understand why some people are complaining. I am not insensitive, and even if I am, I strongly doubt that JeSoul is. I am sad about what happened at Haiti, but I am gladder to hear that anyone came close to it and didn't go down under. Is it insensitive for one to wake up in the morning and be glad to see the sunshine, even if a percentage of the world's population died while he was asleep? I say again, this is not a matter of insensitivity. But then, as JeSoul already said, only Christians may understand: because even if people with other worldviews do not acknowledge God, or they don't understand how he relates to us, WE understand the following verses:

Luke 12:24-32
Luk 12:24  Observe and consider the ravens; for they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn; and [yet] God feeds them. Of how much more worth are you than the birds!
Luk 12:25  And which of you by being overly anxious and troubled with cares can add a cubit to his stature or a moment [unit] of time to his age [the length of his life]?
Luk 12:26  If then you are not able to do such a little thing as that, why are you anxious and troubled with cares about the rest?
Luk 12:27  Consider the lilies, how they grow. They neither [wearily] toil nor spin nor weave; yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory (his splendor and magnificence) was not arrayed like one of these. [I Kings 10:4-7.]
Luk 12:28  But if God so clothes the grass in the field, which is alive today, and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, how much more will He clothe you, O you [people] of little faith?
Luk 12:29  And you, do not seek [by meditating and reasoning to inquire into] what you are to eat and what you are to drink; nor be of anxious (troubled) mind [unsettled, excited, worried, and in suspense];
Luk 12:30  For all the pagan world is [greedily] seeking these things, and your Father knows that you need them.
Luk 12:31  Only aim at and strive for and seek His kingdom, and all these things shall be supplied to you also.

Luk 12:32  Do not be seized with alarm and struck with fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom
!

James 1:17
Jas 1:17  Every good gift and every perfect (free, large, full) gift is from above; it comes down from the Father of all [that gives] light, in [the shining of] Whom there can be no variation [rising or setting] or shadow cast by His turning [as in an eclipse].

Matthew 7:9-11
Mat 7:9  Or what man is there of you, if his son asks him for a loaf of bread, will hand him a stone?
Mat 7:10  Or if he asks for a fish, will hand him a serpent?
Mat 7:11  If you then, evil as you are, know how to give good and advantageous gifts to your children, how much more will your Father Who is in heaven [perfect as He is] give good and advantageous things to those who keep on asking Him!

Experiences will always be experiences, and innocent people die, rather unfortunately.

Pro 17:22  A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Even in crises, true and perfect peace in God should keep the joy in our hearts from leaking out.

Isa 12:3  Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Everything available in the all-encompassing salvation pack, is to be accessed with joy. Joy is the ATM card with which you can withdraw the benefits of salvation. When one has let their joy leak away, then they melt into the shadows, like all the broken spirits around them.

Hab 3:17  Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:
Hab 3:18  Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by manmustwac(m): 11:59am On Jan 28, 2010
@JeSoul
So if it wasn't for the earthquake which killed over 200'000 people injured many more and made them homeless, your friends wife would not have had the oppotunity to get her U.S. visa from the Domican Republic. Well given the circumstances in which her visa was obtained i don't think it was a good idea to write a story about it. A boy here in the U K raised over ₤160'000 to help the Haitians thats a good story and a teenage girl was just recently pulled out alive after being trapped for 15 days when neighbours heard her screams thats another good story but yours Jesoul in respect of those who died and were made homeless i don'tthink u should've wrote this story about it. Sorry JeSoul.
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by Tudor6(f): 12:20pm On Jan 28, 2010
manmustwac:

@JeSoul
So if it wasn't for the earthquake which killed over 200'000 people injured many more and made them homeless, your friends wife would not have had the oppotunity to get her U.S. visa from the Domican Republic. Well given the circumstances in which her visa was obtained i don't think it was a good idea to write a story about it. A boy here in the U K raised over ₤160'000 to help the Haitians thats a good story and a teenage girl was just recently pulled out alive after being trapped for 15 days when neighbours heard her screams thats another good story but yours Jesoul in respect of those who died and were made homeless i don'tthink u should've wrote this story about it. Sorry JeSoul.
Pls hammer it home.

But no, they'll say you don't 'understand' because you're french, dutch or atheist.
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by g1(m): 12:49pm On Jan 28, 2010
manmustwac:

@JeSoul

Tudór:

Pls hammer it home.

But no, they'll say you don't 'understand' because you're french, dutch or atheist.

@manmustwac and tudor, whats up how are you guys doing, as an atheist i understand how u guys feel, but since she said she does not want to discuss the issue with non christians i think we should respect her request and leave the topic for her and other christians to discuss,

peaceout, one love
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by JeSoul(f): 3:40pm On Jan 28, 2010
manmustwac:

@JeSoul
Becos I know you're a cool dude, I'll make an exception.

I told the story simply to tell 1 good thing that came out that terrible disaster - that's all. There are many threads discussing different aspects of the earthquake, both good and bad, triumph and tragedy. Why can't I tell a christian story because it bothers you athiests? Read my post again, it is impossible that any honest person would insinuate I was making light of that terrible disaster. Or saying this was all simply to "get her a visa" - gosh no. The ultimate lesson in all this is FAITH - (not her getting a visa) I wouldn't have to explain that to a christian. Plus I left out several serious elements of that story because many of you wouldn't understand. So I asked for a christian audience only because they perhaps with the holy spirit would see past the surface and understand the deep meaning behind it all.

G1,  kiss
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by JeSoul(f): 3:48pm On Jan 28, 2010
Mavenb0x:

@JeSoul: Thanks for sharing, lovey. God bless you.

Really, I don't understand why some people are complaining. I am not insensitive, and even if I am, I strongly doubt that JeSoul is. I am sad about what happened at Haiti, but I am gladder to hear that anyone came close to it and didn't go down under. Is it insensitive for one to wake up in the morning and be glad to see the sunshine, even if a percentage of the world's population died while he was asleep? I say again, this is not a matter of insensitivity. But then, as JeSoul already said, only Christians may understand: because even if people with other worldviews do not acknowledge God, or they don't understand how he relates to us, WE understand the following verses:

Exactly Maven. And this be the reason I don't bother to open many threads and discuss difficult things in regards to christianity. This is another reason why we need a christian section to discuss christian issues away from others who are not.

Anyways, funny enough I got your text message last sat night while I was there with my friends lol folks were like "yo, who's texting you at this time of the night?"

I told my friends after they'd told the story, so many people died, christians died, non christians died. That you lived does not mean you're more special than them, but that God must have another plan for you both.
And even if they had died, unbelievers do not understand and look at death the same way we do. I told them, if you had died, you would've been better off cos you would have been with the Lord (as Paul said, to live is Christ, to die is gain) - and . . . lol, they nodded their heads in complete agreement.

But I dunno if I should say the above here on NL, too many don't understand that in the big picture, death is not always and necessarily a bad thing. Look at the scriptures, death is used to save sometimes. To those without Christ it is the end, to us it is the begining. So we don't mourn as those without hope - and what a comfort that is.
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by Mavenb0x(m): 3:54pm On Jan 28, 2010
JeSoul: Thanks dear! Yes and Amen!! wink

Meanwhile, I strongly agree about the Christian section. I'm tired of making posts in roundabout ways that will address Christians, Atheists, Agnostics and otherwise at the same time embarassed
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by Tudor6(f): 4:07pm On Jan 28, 2010
Hey, lets not despair, it ain't all gloom and doom. . .at least someone got a stamped piece of paper american visa out of the earthquake. Lets thank God and broadcast it to all nations including the mourning haitians burying their dead. . . . ? ? ? ? ? ?
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by JeSoul(f): 4:12pm On Jan 28, 2010
Mavenb0x:

JeSoul: Thanks dear! Yes and Amen!! wink

Meanwhile, I strongly agree about the Christian section. I'm tired of making posts in roundabout ways that will address Christians, Atheists, Agnostics and otherwise at the same time embarassed
Lol, I knowest so well what thou means. My dear don't hold your breath. We've asked for a section at least 5-6 times over the past 3yrs or so. Seun is not going to budge. He knows there's more traffic when we're all fighting rather than learning.

The other day, I had this idea to open a thread on death, discussing the biblical perspective and why it is not always a bad thing, and why it can be even good sometimes. Imagine the militant antagonists gate crashing and screaming God is a murderer before the thread even sits down. It is pointless in this secular forum to venture in mature christian topics. It really is. See how some are hyperventilating over the idea God led 2 people to Haiti so they could witness the disaster, and strengthen their faith - and bring them out with a small reward of bringing them home to us their family.
Re: The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos by Mavenb0x(m): 4:20pm On Jan 28, 2010
LOL. I feel you about the gatecrashers, sister. I do!  grin cheesy grin But I won't name names. At least not yet, not here  lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Doom Of Atheists!! / Watching Merlin, Harry Potter, Lord Of The Ring Etc, Will Lead You To Hell / Baba Maforikan, Spiritual Leader Of The Celestial Church Of Christ Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.