Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,176 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! (2908 Views)

Sudannese Arab Militia Responsible For Darfur Genocide Joins Boko Haram / APC Withdrew From Presidential Debate To Save Buhari From Shame — Okupe / Zahra Buhari Leaves Twitter In Shame Or Anger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by RichyBlacK(m): 2:17pm On Dec 10, 2007
Darfur: Shame on Black Mu.slims!!

by Nafata Bamaguje (Daura, Katsina State, Nigeria, USA)

During the recent Israel-Hezbollah war in Lebanon, Mu.slims here in Nigeria's Is.lamic North demonstrated in support of the Shiite terror group. Several months ago, Great Ones here in northern Nigeria massacred hundreds of non-Great Ones in response to the Danish cartoons.

Five years ago, when America attacked the Taliban in response to 9/11, Great Ones in Kano, northern Nigeria orchestrated a bloodbath of non-Great Ones. In the past, there have also been numerous demonstrations and protests in support of the Palestinian cause here in northern Nigeria.

But so far Nigerian Great Ones and for that matter black Great Ones in the rest of Africa and the American Diaspora, have been conspicuously reticent on the genocide and ethnic cleansing of black Africans from their ancestral land in Darfur by the racist Arab occupation in Sudan. Hardly even a whimper of condemnation talk less of demonstrations.

In the last 3 years, over 2.5 million of our Darfurese brothers & sisters have been massacred, raped and ethnically cleansed from their land by the racist Arab occupation in Sudan, and recent reports indicate that fatalities are rising.

Obviously Arabs in Lebanon / Palestine, and cartoons in obscure foreign newspapers are more important to Nigerian Great Ones than the horrendous suffering inflicted on our African brothers and sisters by the genocidal racist Arabs in Sudan.

Interestingly most of the black African victims of the racist Arab onslaught are also Great Ones. This isn't the first time the Sudanese Arab occupation has targeted black African Great Ones. During the decades long, unsuccessful Jihadist war to forcibly Islamize Southern Sudan, the genocidal Islamo-Nazis in Khartoum also targeted Nuba Great Ones.

Evidently Arab Great Ones are superior to non-Arab ones, particularly black ones. Hence the reluctance of black Great Ones to criticise or condemn God's chosen race - Arabs.

Since black Great Ones have constituted themselves into a fifth column for their Arab masters, we Africans lack the unity of purpose and resolve to decisively address the Darfur genocide as we did against apartheid South Africa, which neither enslaved nor perpetrated genocide against us. As we do not wish to be seen to be divided along religious lines on the Darfur crisis, due to the same misconstrued concept of "African unity" that condoned the enslavement of black Africans by racist Arab occupations in Sudan and Mauritania.

It was even the persistent spotlight and criticism on the Darfur atrocities by Western media and leaders, that prompted the belated, halfhearted AU response in the form of a meagre, ineffectual "observer" force that has so far failed to stop the progrom.

Even South Africa, a major African power and beneficiary of a united African support during her successful struggle against apartheid racism; has failed miserably to rise to the occassion. Madiba has not lived up to his reputation on Darfur.

The effectiveness of the AU in the Darfur crisis is further undermined by the presence of the North African Arab-Berber occupation within the AU.These Arab-occupation countries in North Africa are unlikely to endorse any drastic action against their Arab cousins in Darfur.

Hence AU is hobbled and threads carefully in Darfur. Consequently, African governments which unequivocally rejected negotiations with apartheid South Africa - a la Reagan-Thatcher "constructive engagement" - are reduced to begging the Islamo-Nazis in Khartoum for deployment of the ineffectual AU intervention force, which is hamstrung by poor logistics and crippling rules of engagement. Little wonder the Arab league backs the racist Sudanese Arab occupation as it reluctantly concedes to the inept AU "observer" force rather than an effective UN intervention force.

We black Africans must therefore insist on the immediate deployment of a robust, proactive (not "observer"wink UN intervention force, which should be composed of black Africans, with or without the consent of the Arab Nazis in Khartoum. Like the ethnic cleansers in Bosnia 11 years ago, the ethnic cleansers in Khartoum should be bombed and strafed into submission if they continue to resist the deployment of UN troops.

We Africans must also solidly unite to mobilize the sympathetic international community - as we did against apartheid - to diplomatically and economically strangulate the ethnic cleansers in Khartoum. Only a united black Africa, can intimidate the supporters of the genocidal Sudanese Arabs in the Arab world, and compel obstructionist powers like China - who are only interested in Sudanese oil - to fall in line and ostracize the racist Arab occupation in Sudan.

We cannot afford to fail our Darfurese brothers & sisters as we did in Rwanda 12 years ago.

Furthermore we will no longer be bamboozled by so-called "Afro-Arab solidarity", which is just a ruse to garner African support for the futile Jihad to destroy the only non-Great One nation in the Middle east, which Great Ones consider Dar-ul The Great Religion - Land of The Great Religion. Hence Great Ones all over the world get so worked up about Israel, but don't give a damn about the monstrous atrocities perpetrated by Great One Arabs on our suffering brothers & sisters in Darfur.

Actually, the monstrous atrocities inflicted by Arabs on we black Africans started well over 1400 years ago when Arabs raided for and trafficked in African slaves, more than a millenium before the trans-Atlantic slave trade.

Great Religious historical tradition even documents that their "prophet" The Great Prophet had black slaves (Sahih Bukhari 8:73:182, 3:43:648, 6:60:435, Malik Muwatta 21.13.25, Sahih Great One 10:3901). The racist "prophet" valued his black slaves less, as the Hadith reports he sold by barter two of his black slaves for a white one - Sahih Great One 10:3901.

Arabs trafficking in Africans operated the world's largest slave market in Zanzibar until the British shut down that inhuman bazaar in the late 19th century.

In accordance with the dictates of their The Great Book (Q 23:1-6, 70:29-30, 4:24), Arab slavemasters raped our women giving rise to some of the so-called "black Arabs", many of whom are complicit in the Darfur atrocities.

Male black slaves were castrated so that we could not reproduce. This cruel racist prohibition of Negroid procreation is the major reason for the absence of a sizeable indigenous black population in the Arab world as in the Americas, even though Arab enslavement of Africans lasted much longer (over 1400 years) than the trans-Atlantic trade (just 200 years). In fact Arab enslavement of Africans continued up to the last decade in Sudan and Mauritania.

The Arab castration of male black slaves / captives often involved amputation of the privates. Many of our brothers died of complications of this primitive surgery. Others had to live with agonizing complications, repeated infections, dribbling of urine etc.

The unquestioning, mental servitude and subservience of black Great Ones to their Arab masters, and their conspiratorial silence - no doubt a consequence of Great Religious indoctrination - prevents we Africans from from addressing these issues and demanding reparations from Arabs for their historic atrocities and illegal occupation of lands in North Africa.

Perhaps because the chief protagonist of the slave reparation movement was a Great One - the late MKO Abiola - we only focus on slave reparations from the West, even though Europeans never raided for slaves in Africa; in contradistinction to Arabs who were involved in slave raids (although they also bought some from treacherous African collaborators).

We stupidly raided each other for slaves to sell to European slave dealers who paid us with guns (to raid for more slaves), trinkets, mirrors, liquor and other trivial commodities we valued more than our siblings in the American Diaspora. We have European powers to thank for helping put an end to Arab enslavement of Africans, albeit not necessarily for altruism

We Africans should be wary of the bogus, alien, unAfrican dogmas (Christianity & The Great Religion) of our erstwhile colonial and slave masters (Europeans & Arabs), that glorify alien races (Jews & Arabs), while demonizing our rich ancestral heritage as "heathen" and "evil". The resulting inferiority conplex is the major reason why Black Great Ones haven't got the guts to stand up to God's chosen race, even as the racist Arab occupation massacres millions of other black Great Ones in Darfur.

Our identity as AFRICANS that we are born with, supercedes any alien identity (Great One, Christian) with which we've been brainwashed.

If our recent history here in Northern Nigeria is anything to go by, rather than confront their Arab masters on the Darfur genocide or other historic atrocities, the mindless Arab minions that are the lot of Great Ones here in Nigeria's Great Religious north will react to this "slanderous, insulting provocation" with their characteristic religious violence, orchestrating another bloodbath of Aarne (non-Great Ones). I hope to be proved wrong, but I seriously doubt it. Therefore kudos to any media that has the courage to publish this write-up. If we black Africans must progress, we can't all be intimidated by retrogressive religious extremism.

Nafata Bamaguje
Daura, Katsina state
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by RichyBlacK(m): 2:25pm On Dec 10, 2007
I found this article troubling.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by mrpataki(m): 2:31pm On Dec 10, 2007
Sometimes I wonder why people bother themselves to analyse idiotic composition of text by people who have the misfortune to be educated. undecided
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by BlackMamba(m): 9:11pm On Dec 10, 2007
Thank you RichyBlack.. I've always been troubled with the manner Black African Muslims relate to non Muslim Africans. It all boils down to the brainwashing by Arab Jihadists. Whatever will make a black man overlook obvious common heritage to kill and endorse the killing of his brothers in the name of religion is evil and retrogressive. I'm not in support of any religion more than I do my fore fathers religion, but no other religion support killing of non believing brothers to gain access to fantasy paradise.

It's also troubling to note that these pocket of Arab Africans is always bent on ruling the majority Africans in every country you find them. This has been a major factor in the unending wars in parts of Africa.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by folahann(m): 9:22pm On Dec 10, 2007
Lord have mercy!!!! shocked
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 10, 2007
There was a series a few years ago by the reknowned black journalist Gates.
One particular one where a group of young black Muslims in Mauritania were running around cliaiming Arab ancestry while terrorizing their fellow black men made me weep.
These were men blacker than me and claimed their lineage could be traced to Muhammad.
In Mauritania,Muslims still enslave "lesser" Muslims till tomorrow.
You don't hear these muslim apologists talk about that.
You don't hear them talk of the capture and rape of black muslim and Christian girls by Arab muslims,some women are chained to the bed post and raped for years by men who tell you Islam allows them to rape captured women like Muhammad and his gang did in the 15th century.

It is an outrage but you'll only see the likes of olabowole and babs cry out at teddy bears called Muhammad and call people names.
They'll rather kill over the war in Iraq and Afghanistan,tell us 7/7 and 9/11 were conspiracies than face the hard truth.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 10, 2007
The writer of that article in Katsina should better watch his back.
They'll soon say he's insulting Mohammed and his allah
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 10, 2007
RichyBlacK:

I found this article troubling.

In that it reveals the truth and the hypocrisy of those who refer to themselves as "moderate" muslims?
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 10, 2007
A case from mauritania black on black Muslim enslavement.

One escaped Mauritanian woman slave (pictured) said: "I was tied up all night and all day. They only untied me so I could do my chores. In the end I could barely move my limbs. All those years, and I don't even own a goat. They raped me often. At night, when everyone was asleep, they came for me and I couldn't stop them. If I had been free I would never have let this happen to me. My master is the father of my first child, my master's son is the father of my second child and my baby girl's father was my master's nephew."

http://www.westernresistance.com/blog/archives/003671.html

Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by Iman3(m): 9:49pm On Dec 10, 2007
There is saying that "Islam is a vehicle for Arab cultural supremacism".It is the deification of Arab cultural practices.The implication is monumental.While Christians may disagree on certain issues,some Christians may or may not be pro-US or pro-Israel,every Muslim reflexively falls in line with Arab interests and objectives.There is no similar diversity of thought in the Muslim community.

The dominance of Arabism in Islam is so pervasive,upon becoming Muslim-you adopt an Arab name,women adopt Arab clothing,you pray to God only in Arabic,you visit the Arab world on pilgrimage,pray to God facing Arabia,you adopt various Arab norms and practices-eventually,there is certain loss of cultural identity in favor of Arabisation.

To be a good Muslim,you must also support Arab causes.Thus,not only does Islam make African Muslims more interested in the plight of Palestinians than the plight of refugees in the DRC Congo,it blinds them to atrocities committed by the Arab world against their race in Darfur,Mauritania or South Sudan.

A classic example was a Nairalander,Denex,who complained that the world should leave Sudan and Darfur alone and claimed that the Arab slave trade was actually benign because there are few "Black Arabs" today when all that it shows,is the comparative brutality of the Arab slave master.The West Indies took in more slaves than the US,but today,there are far more African-Americans than Afro-Carribeans.

This mental enslavement will never stop.We just have to live with it.It is not unique to Black Muslims.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by Iman3(m): 9:56pm On Dec 10, 2007
One particular one where a group of young black Muslims in Mauritania were running around cliaiming Arab ancestry while terrorizing their fellow black men made me weep.
These were men blacker than me and claimed their lineage could be traced to Muhammad.

Another salient point concerning Muslim mental enslavement is the fact that the conflict in Darfur is not directly between Arabs and Africans but between Africans and Africans who think they are Arabs.The latter is supported by the Arab Government in Khartoum.

You might think this is odd but I can vividly recall a Yoruba Nairalander telling me a year ago that he doesn't feel a sense of kinship with the Africans in Darfur since he as a Yoruba is actually Arab,claiming that the Yorubas emigrated to their present location from the Arab world!Needless to say that he is a Muslim.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 10, 2007
I-man:

Another salient point concerning Muslim mental enslavement is the fact that the conflict in Darfur is not directly between Arabs and Africans but between Africans and Africans who think they are Arabs.The latter is supported by the Arab Government in Khartoum.

You might think this is odd but I can vividly recall a Yoruba Nairalander telling me a year ago that he doesn't feel a sense of kinship with the Africans in Darfur since he as a Yoruba is actually Arab,claiming that the Yorubas emigrated to their present location from the Arab world!Needless to say that he is a Muslim.

The person needs mental help.
Can't these people think like humans?
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by naijaway(m): 10:06pm On Dec 10, 2007
nice one richyblack, this 've got to be on every african head of state agenda
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 10, 2007
I-man:

There is saying that "Islam is a vehicle for Arab cultural supremacism".It is the deification of Arab cultural practices.The implication is monumental.While Christians may disagree on certain issues,some Christians may or may not be pro-US or pro-Israel,every Muslim reflexively falls in line with Arab interests and objectives.There is no similar diversity of thought in the Muslim community.

The dominance of Arabism in Islam is so pervasive,upon becoming Muslim-you adopt an Arab name,women adopt Arab clothing,you pray to God only in Arabic,you visit the Arab world on pilgrimage,pray to God facing Arabia,you adopt various Arab norms and practices-eventually,there is certain loss of cultural identity in favor of Arabisation.

To be a good Muslim,you must also support Arab causes.Thus,not only does Islam make African Muslims more interested in the plight of Palestinians than the plight of refugees in the DRC Congo,it blinds them to atrocities committed by the Arab world against their race in Darfur,Mauritania or South Sudan.

A classic example was a Nairalander,Denex,who complained that the world should leave Sudan and Darfur alone and claimed that the Arab slave trade was actually benign because there are few "Black Arabs" today when all that it shows,is the comparative brutality of the Arab slave master.The West Indies took in more slaves than the US,but today,there are far more African-Americans than Afro-Carribeans.

This mental enslavement will never stop.We just have to live with it.It is not unique to Black Muslims.

You got it right on the money.
The koran outside of Arabic is even useless,just a mere interpretation  and they believe it.
They believe not only that allah must be prayed to in Arabic but also with Saudi accent since he is tonal deaf to Jordanian or Egyptian arabic.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 10, 2007
© 2003 WorldNetDaily.com

A leading Saudi government cleric and author of the country's religious curriculum believes Islam advocates slavery.
"Slavery is a part of Islam," says Sheik Saleh Al-Fawzan, according to the independent Saudi Information Agency, or SIA.

In a lecture recorded on tape by SIA, the sheik said, "Slavery is part of jihad, and jihad will remain as long there is Islam."

His religious books are used to teach 5 million Saudi students, both within the country and abroad, including the United States.

Al Fawzan – a member of the Senior Council of Clerics, Saudi Arabia's highest religious body – says Muslims who contend Islam is against slavery "are ignorant, not scholars."
"They are merely writers," he said, according to SIA. "Whoever says such things is an infidel."

Al-Fawzan is a member of the Council of Religious Edicts and Research, the Imam of Prince Mitaeb Mosque in Riyadh and a professor at Imam Mohamed Bin Saud Islamic University, Saudi Arabia's main center of learning for the strict Wahhabi interpretation of Islam.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 10, 2007
nwando:

A case from mauritania black on black Muslim enslavement.

One escaped Mauritanian woman slave (pictured) said: "I was tied up all night and all day. They only untied me so I could do my chores. In the end I could barely move my limbs. All those years, and I don't even own a goat. They raped me often. At night, when everyone was asleep, they came for me and I couldn't stop them. If I had been free I would never have let this happen to me. [b]My master is the father of my first child, my master's son is the father of my second child and my baby girl's father was my master's nephew."

[/b]

http://www.westernresistance.com/blog/archives/003671.html
This is really a big shame on black muslims.

This is addressed to the fighters of god

At the end of all these "supremacy," why rape? cry cry
They are "lesser" than you, why do you still rape? cry cry
You hate them, why do you subjugate to rape :' angry angry angry

Hypocrisy in the highest order
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 10, 2007
Islam = political arabism with religion as the vehicle.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 10, 2007
Women come out this suicide mission of a religion before you're degraded to death.

God I thank you. I thank you that I have not been brainwashed to feel inferior to any person. I thank you that I have the rights to education, freedom of speech and at the same time freedom of having the ability to make decisions concerning my life. Thank you so much.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by Kobojunkie: 11:11pm On Dec 10, 2007
I commend the writer of that article for his being open enough to see things as they are. We have for too long tagged the west as being the most racist of all people when for thousands of years, we have seen racism right in every corner we have looked but have somehow denied it all cause we as a people and as humans love to live in the zone of denial rather than facing reality as it is and focusing on pulling down the walls that need to be pulled down. I especially love this line ,

Evidently Arab Muslims are superior to non-Arab ones, particularly black ones. Hence the reluctance of black Muslims to criticise or condemn Allah's chosen race - Arabs

For those who like to claim the whites are the ones putting them down should note that the arabs are not the foolish ones according to that statement but the blacks who continually choose to live as sub-humans to them and are quick to blame every other people on the planet but their arab brothers for many of the issues the world complains of when it comes to the belief. And I hope those who like to fling around the BLACK VS WHITE baton should also note how the fault is not really with those who they see as acting superior but with those see the whites as being their superiors and acting in that light. Racism will always exist, you however get to decide what side of the wall you will fall, if any.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by RichyBlacK(m): 1:33am On Dec 11, 2007
nwando:

© 2003 WorldNetDaily.com

A leading Saudi government cleric and author of the country's religious curriculum believes Islam advocates slavery.
"Slavery is a part of Islam," says Sheik Saleh Al-Fawzan, according to the independent Saudi Information Agency, or SIA.

In a lecture recorded on tape by SIA, the sheik said, "Slavery is part of jihad, and jihad will remain as long there is Islam."

His religious books are used to teach 5 million Saudi students, both within the country and abroad, including the United States.

Al Fawzan – a member of the Senior Council of Clerics, Saudi Arabia's highest religious body – says Muslims who contend Islam is against slavery "are ignorant, not scholars."
"They are merely writers," he said, according to SIA. "Whoever says such things is an infidel."

Al-Fawzan is a member of the Council of Religious Edicts and Research, the Imam of Prince Mitaeb Mosque in Riyadh and a professor at Imam Mohamed Bin Saud Islamic University, Saudi Arabia's main center of learning for the strict Wahhabi interpretation of Islam.

I see your sentiments and I share them. I strongly dislike the Saudi government, especially their use of Islam as a tool to enslave and subjugate fellow Muslims and non-Muslims alike. However, the pertinent questions are:

1. Why is it that the government of the United States of America supports this bastion of evil called Saudi Arabia?
2. If oil is the reason, is oil more important than dealing with terrorism à la Islam, especially the Wahhabist interpretation you alluded to?
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by RichyBlacK(m): 2:03am On Dec 11, 2007
Kobojunkie:

I commend the writer of that article for his being open enough to see things as they are. We have for too long tagged the west as being the most racist of all people when for thousands of years, we have seen racism right in every corner we have looked but have somehow denied it all cause we as a people and as humans love to live in the zone of denial rather than facing reality as it is and focusing on pulling down the walls that need to be pulled down. I especially love this line ,

For those who like to claim the whites are the ones putting them down should note that the arabs are not the foolish ones according to that statement but the blacks who continually choose to live as sub-humans to them and are quick to blame every other people on the planet but their arab brothers for many of the issues the world complains of when it comes to the belief. And I hope those who like to fling around the BLACK VS WHITE baton should also note how the fault is not really with those who they see as acting superior but with those see the whites as being their superiors and acting in that light. Racism will always exist, you however get to decide what side of the wall you will fall, if any.

@Kobojunkie,

This thread was not intended for peddlers of racism, tribalism and ethnocentric bigotry to advertise their wares. We know your position on this:

You are comfortable with racism/tribalism/ethnocentrism, either as a perpetrator or a victim, because you believe it's human nature and we must simply accept it; and fighting it is tantamount to trying to change the views of others so as to conform with ours. You consider any move to combat racism/tribalism/ethnocentrism as an attempt by one group to aggressively force their views on others.

We have heard you rant this over and over, and we get it.

Fortunately, people (dead and alive) of immense reputation (though not perfect) are on the other side - the right side, and believe that racism/tribalism/ethnocentrism should be fought and subdued just like any other human attribute that is derogatory to society:
1. Nelson Mandela
2. Martin Luther King
3. Pope John Paul II
4. Malcolm X
5. Mohandas Gandhi

If not for the struggles of these people, you Kobojunkie, would not have found the American midwest as cozy as it is.

So, please keep your "I support racism/tribalism/ethnocentrism!" view to yourself!
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by RichyBlacK(m): 2:05am On Dec 11, 2007
davidylan:

In that it reveals the truth and the hypocrisy of those who refer to themselves as "moderate" muslims?

The term "moderate" did not appear in that article.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by RichyBlacK(m): 2:06am On Dec 11, 2007
naijaway:

nice one richyblack, this 've got to be on every african head of state agenda

@naijaway,

You're right. It's so sad.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by RichyBlacK(m): 2:21am On Dec 11, 2007
I-man:

Actually, there are at least two stories in Yoruba mythology regarding Oduduwa and his coming to being:
1. That he came from the east (the direction of Mecca), with some speculating he came from Egypt.
2. That he descended from heaven to Ile-Ife

Is there any expert on Yoruba mythology in the house? Mine is not very deep.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by naijaking1: 4:44am On Dec 11, 2007
My focus would have to be on why Africans who are black would not see themselves as Africans first, then as muslims or whatever second.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by Kobojunkie: 5:12am On Dec 11, 2007
naijaking1:

My focus would have to be on why Africans who are black would not see themselves as Africans first, then as muslims or whatever second.

As one who has a belief, I personally see myself in the light of my belief first,before I identify myself with any nation or country. So I do not see anything wrong with an african, muslim/christian/whatever seeing himself first as his belief dictates and then his ethnicity or nationality second. The problem is not religion itself but man's use or misuse of religion.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by naijaking1: 5:32am On Dec 11, 2007
Kobojunkie:

As one who has a belief, I personally see myself in the light of my belief first,before I identify myself with any nation or country. So I do not see anything wrong with an african, muslim/christian/whatever seeing himself first as his belief dictates and then his ethnicity or nationality second. The problem is not religion itself but man's use or misuse of religion.

Your position underlies a major misunderstanding of both secular and egaliterian society.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by Kobojunkie: 5:34am On Dec 11, 2007
naijaking1:

Your position underlies a major misunderstanding of both secular and egaliterian society.
Wrong! the problem is persons who do not live it do not understand how it can work. I am telling you as a person who lives by a belief system it does not work that way for all and there is no place where it is written in stone that only those who identity themselves FIRST with there motherland are the most sane. So playing that card only flies for those who do not understand that there is no right and wrong when it comes to how one chooses to see self in this case.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by davidif: 9:34am On Dec 11, 2007
This religion is a satanic religion, let's just put it as simple as that. For those who have read about the Quran, it is littered with "killing the infidels", even you muslims know this. I know some of you would try to say that people have done bad things in the name of christianity, but if you read the bible, it rejects their act. Where else in the Quran can you find the words "love your neighbor as yourself" or "forgive your neighbor"? Nada, instead it says you should bath in the blood of the infidels.

Also, Its amazing how extremely black this supporter of APC are, yet they are still calling themselves Arab. Arab ko, Australian ni.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by davidif: 9:38am On Dec 11, 2007
By the way what's the meaning of "we Africans" remember Africa is not one place or one people, its thousands of places and thousands of ethnic groups, so please stop your generalizations, and stop being like this westerners.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by Mariory(m): 10:43am On Dec 11, 2007
davidif:

By the way what's the meaning of "we Africans" remember Africa is not one place or one people, its thousands of places and thousands of ethnic groups, so please stop your generalizations, and stop being like this westerners.

What the hell does that mean? Are you suggesting Westerners don't refer to themselves as Europeans?
Who really gives a shit about ethnic groups anyways. Ethnicity is the cause of most wars on the African continent.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by Kobojunkie: 12:40pm On Dec 11, 2007
Mariory:

What the hell does that mean? Are you suggesting Westerners don't refer to themselves as Europeans?
Who really gives a shit about ethnic groups anyways. Ethnicity is the cause of most wars on the African continent.

I belong to an ethnic group myself but I doubt anyone in here knows which. Who says ethnicity is the cause of wars??I believe we as a people need to start dealing with the MAIN problems and not continually blaming issues on things that we can not 1) DO MUCH ABOUT 2) Change in any way 3) That can not shout back our mistakes in our faces. Ethnicity is NOT the problem with africa. We practically BLAME everything on this or that when peoples, for centuries have lived in peace even with those same.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Coming Lagos Tsunami / Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 / Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.