Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! (2904 Views)

Sudannese Arab Militia Responsible For Darfur Genocide Joins Boko Haram / APC Withdrew From Presidential Debate To Save Buhari From Shame — Okupe / Zahra Buhari Leaves Twitter In Shame Or Anger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by lovelyS(m): 2:59pm On Dec 12, 2007
Peace and Justice

One great problem for Muslims is that peace does not necessarily guarantee them justice. This has caused Muslims to become violent and to neglect opportunities for dawah. In modern times Muslims want a peace which brings them justice. But according to the law of nature, this kind of peace can never be achieved, that is why Muslims the world over are in a state of physical and mental unrest. Distressed in their minds, they have become violent in their thinking and in their actions.

The truth is that peace does not automatically produce justice. Peace in actual fact simply opens up opportunities for the achievement of justice. At the time of Hudaybiya the Prophet of Islam had not found justice. He had achieved peace but only by delinking it from justice. The Prophet had made this peace not to exact justice but to receive the opportunities. And great opportunities for dawah action did open up with the establishment of peace. The Prophet exploited these opportunities in full measure. Therefore, in just a few years’ time the Prophet not only ensured justice, but set Islam upon a much more solid footing.

The Muslims of the present day have to understand this secret of nature. Only then will it be possible for them first to find peace, then ultimately their desired goal of justice.

Conclusion

In October 1997, I met a 36-year old European, Leon Zippo Hayes, who was born in the city of Christchurch in New Zealand. After having studied Islam, he has changed his religion. His Islamic name is Khalilur Rahman. Passing through Muslim countries he is going to perform Hajj by land.

During the conversation he said that in modern times Muslims are engaged in bloody war at many places, at some places with others and at other places among themselves. This had led him (like many others) to conclude that perhaps Islam was a religion of violence. Later, he studied the Qur’an with the help of translations, and when he reached this verse in the Qur’an: ‘Whoever killed a human being should be looked upon as though he had killed all mankind (5:32),’ he said that he was so moved that he could not believe that it was in the Qur’an.This incident is broadly indicative of the thinking of non-Muslims on Islam. On seeing the actions of Muslims, people today find it hard to believe that Islam may be a religion of peace. But if Muslims stop engaging in violent activities and give people the opportunity to appreciate Islam in its original form, then certainly a great number of people would realise as they never had before that Islam was a peaceful religion and they would rush to it, saying that it was exactly the religion which their souls had been seeking all along.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by Kobojunkie: 2:59pm On Dec 12, 2007
lovely_S:

The Command of War in Islam

It is a fact that certain verses in the Qur’an convey the command to do battle (qital) (22:39). What the special circumstances are which justify the issuance of and compliance with this command we learn from our study of the Qur’an.

The first point to be noted is that aggression or the launching of an offensive by the believers is not totally forbidden. It is permissible, but with certain provisos. We are clearly commanded in the Qur’an: Fight for the sake of God those that fight against you, but do not be aggressive. (2:190)
Only defensive war is permitted in Islam. Such a war is one in which aggression is committed by some other party so that the believers have to fight in self-defense. Initiating hostility is not permitted for Muslims. The Qur’an says: "They were the first to attack you." (9:13)
Furthermore, even in the case of the offensive being launched by an opposing group, the believers are not supposed to retaliate immediately. Rather in the beginning all efforts are to be made to avert war, and only when avoidance has become impossible is battle to be resorted to inevitably in defense.

3. According to the Qur’an there was one form of war which was time- bound strictly in relation to its purpose. This was to put an end to fitna ‘Fight against them until fitna is no more.’ (2:193) In this verse fitna signifies that coercive system which had reached the extremes of religious persecution. In ancient times this coercive political system prevailed all over the world. This absolutism had closed all the doors of progress, both spiritual and material. At that time God commanded the believers to break this coercive system in order to usher in freedom, so that all doors of spiritual and material progress might be opened to man.

This mission was undertaken and brought to a successful conclusion at the internal level within Arabia during the life of the Prophet. Later, during the pious caliphate, the Sasanid and Byzantine empires were dismantled with special divine succor. Consequently, intellectual oppression at the international level was replaced by intellectual freedom.

In this connection those traditions are worth noting which are enshrined in Sahih al-Bukhari. When, after the fourth caliph Ali ibn Abi Talib, political conflict ensued between Abdullah ibn Zubayr and the Umayyads, Abdullah ibn Umar, the seniormost companion of the Prophet held himself aloof from the battle. People approached him and, quoting the verse of qital-e-fitna, asked him why he was not joining in the battle. Abdullah ibn Umar replied that ‘fitna’ as mentioned in the Qur’an did not refer to political infighting, but rather to the religious coercive system, that had already been put to an end by them. (Fathul Bari, 8/60)

From this we learn that the war against fitna was a war of limited duration, meant to be engaged in only until its specific purpose had been served.

Invoking the Quranic exhortation to do battle against fitna in order to validate acts of war which had quite other aims was improper. This verse could be cited only if the same state of affairs as existed at the time of its revelation, were to prevail once again.

The biographers of the Prophet of Islam have put the number of Ghazwa (battle) at more than 80. This gives the impression that the Prophet of Islam in his 23-year prophetic career waged about four battles in a year. But this impression is entirely baseless. The truth is that the Prophet of Islam in his entire prophetic life, engaged in war only on three occasions. All the other incidents described as Ghazwa were in actual fact examples of avoidance of war and not instances of involvement in battle.

For instance, in the books of seerah, the incident of Al-Ahzab is called a Ghazwa (battle), whereas the truth is that on this occasion the armed tribes of Arabia, twelve thousand in number, reached the borders of Medina with all intentions of waging war, but the Prophet and his companions dug a deep trench between them, thus successfully preventing a battle from taking place. The same is the case with all the other incidents called Ghazwa. The opponents of the Prophet repeatedly tried to get him embroiled in war, but on all such occasions, he managed to resort to some such strategy as averted the war, thus defusing the situation.

There were only three instances of Muslims really entering the field of battle—Badr, Uhud and Hunayn. But the events tell us that on all these occasions, war had become inevitable, so that the Prophet was compelled to encounter the aggressors in self-defense. Furthermore, these battles lasted only for half a day, each beginning from noon and ending with the setting of the sun. Thus it would be proper to say that the Prophet in his entire life span had actively engaged in war for a total of a day and a half. That is to say, the Prophet had observed the principle of non-violence throughout his 23-year prophetic career, except for one and a half days.

The Islamic method, being based totally on the principle of non-violence, it is unlawful for believers to initiate hostilities. Except in cases where self-defense has become inevitable, the Qur’an in no circumstance gives permission for violence.

No one, not even you will confess to enjoy being told what to believe when the evidence shows something contrary. You can make all the claims you want and post all the articles you want to, but until you address issues as they are and deal with them from there, all this is fluff and is of null effect.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by lovelyS(m): 3:01pm On Dec 12, 2007
No one, not even you will confess to enjoy being told what to believe when the evidence shows something contrary. You can make all the claims you want and post all the articles you want to, but until you address issues as they are and deal with them from there, all this is fluff and is of null effect.

What evidence are u talking about ??

Is it the evidence of killing,raping and brutalizing the non-muslims or bombing a place consisting of over a thousand people .

I think it's high time we let this case rest because we are all humans being and we all know what human do. . .They judge themselves with what they believe its right (even if its not and they know it is not right). . .What am trying to say is that there's no religion that does have its own bad side (am i right ?,if i am not let me know). . .And when a man is doing a wrong thing no matter how bad it is he will find a way or theory to back it up.So, thats the case at hand. . .ok ?

Peace be upon you
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by lovelyS(m): 3:04pm On Dec 12, 2007
Peace and Justice

One great problem for Muslims is that peace does not necessarily guarantee them justice. This has caused Muslims to become violent and to neglect opportunities for dawah. In modern times Muslims want a peace which brings them justice. But according to the law of nature, this kind of peace can never be achieved, that is why Muslims the world over are in a state of physical and mental unrest. Distressed in their minds, they have become violent in their thinking and in their actions.

The truth is that peace does not automatically produce justice. Peace in actual fact simply opens up opportunities for the achievement of justice. At the time of Hudaybiya the Prophet of Islam had not found justice. He had achieved peace but only by delinking it from justice. The Prophet had made this peace not to exact justice but to receive the opportunities. And great opportunities for dawah action did open up with the establishment of peace. The Prophet exploited these opportunities in full measure. Therefore, in just a few years’ time the Prophet not only ensured justice, but set Islam upon a much more solid footing.

The Muslims of the present day have to understand this secret of nature. Only then will it be possible for them first to find peace, then ultimately their desired goal of justice.

Conclusion
In October 1997, I met a 36-year old European, Leon Zippo Hayes, who was born in the city of Christchurch in New Zealand. After having studied Islam, he has changed his religion. His Islamic name is Khalilur Rahman. Passing through Muslim countries he is going to perform Hajj by land.

During the conversation he said that in modern times Muslims are engaged in bloody war at many places, at some places with others and at other places among themselves. This had led him (like many others) to conclude that perhaps Islam was a religion of violence. Later, he studied the Qur’an with the help of translations, and when he reached this verse in the Qur’an: ‘Whoever killed a human being should be looked upon as though he had killed all mankind (5:32),’ he said that he was so moved that he could not believe that it was in the Qur’an.This incident is broadly indicative of the thinking of non-Muslims on Islam. On seeing the actions of Muslims, people today find it hard to believe that Islam may be a religion of peace. But if Muslims stop engaging in violent activities and give people the opportunity to appreciate Islam in its original form, then certainly a great number of people would realise as they never had before that Islam was a peaceful religion and they would rush to it, saying that it was exactly the religion which their souls had been seeking all along.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by naijaking1: 4:49pm On Dec 12, 2007
The greatest obstacle to Islam, the religion of peace is the violent nature of Muslims in Africa, ie Sudan, Bauchi, Kano, etc.

You can preach and post all you want, but as long as Muslims go on unwarranted destruction, assasination, and looting in the name of their religion, ordinary people will continue to run away from the religion and its fanatical converts.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by Kobojunkie: 9:56pm On Dec 12, 2007
lovely_S:

What evidence are u talking about ??

Is it the evidence of killing,raping and brutalizing the non-muslims or bombing a place consisting of over a thousand people .

I think it's high time we let this case rest because we are all humans being and we all know what human do. . .They judge themselves with what they believe its right (even if its not and they know it is not right). . .What am trying to say is that there's no religion that does have its own bad side (am i right ?,if i am not let me know). . .And when a man is doing a wrong thing no matter how bad it is he will find a way or theory to back it up.So, thats the case at hand. . .ok ?
Peace be upon you

Oh Definitely, I agree with you on that point but in this case. The belief that the men use to back up there claim actually proves them right and so can not be disputed. Here is the fact, you may not like it but it remains the case, Islam does not have a new testament strategy that says clean up yourself before you go clean up others so people are justified in their acts by the belief system in this. Now, another thing is the sharia move. When these beliefs are now made law, it means these people impose these beliefs on others around them and hence it becomes a problem.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by darfur(m): 12:00pm On Dec 13, 2007
darfur. . . . .shame. . . . . . . . cry muslim vs muslim. . . . are these crises really religious? or am i missing something?
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by Mariory(m): 12:14pm On Dec 13, 2007
@lovely_S
You forgot to add the part of the Qur’an that actively encourages people to kill unbelievers. What was the 36 year old European, Leon Zippo Hayes' or as you now call him Khalilur Rahmans' take on that?
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by lovelyS(m): 1:02pm On Dec 13, 2007
Mariory:

@lovely_S
You forgot to add the part of the Qur’an that actively encourages people to kill unbelievers. What was the 36 year old European, Leon Zippo Hayes' or as you now call him Khalilur Rahmans' take on that?

Why should i add verses when you dont even understand the real meaning behind the verse.

If i start explaining what the verses really is non of you'all will remain in your present religion.

Mario, can i ask you something ?. . Have you not ever met an Islam-practising muslim brother with bearded chin,3 quarter trousers and Cap on his head that is not voilence or Wicked?. . .

Answer the question and i will know what is it you know about a Terrorist and a Muslim
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by Kobojunkie: 2:46pm On Dec 13, 2007
lovely_S:

Why should i add verses when you don't even understand the real meaning behind the verse.

If i start explaining what the verses really is non of you'all will remain in your present religion.

Mario, can i ask you something ?. . Have you not ever met an Islam-practising muslim brother with bearded chin,3 quarter trousers and Cap on his head that is not voilence or Wicked?. . .

Answer the question and i will know what is it you know about a Terrorist and a Muslim

What you are doing is akin to the catholic church trying to deny the inquisition was carried out by those who believed that it was there place, according to their belief, to do such. It ain't gonna work my friend. Trying to maneuver your way around this instead of facing the situation head on is not going to work. The whole world knows this is islam related. Stop trying to play the fool
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by Mariory(m): 5:29pm On Dec 13, 2007
lovely_S:

Why should i add verses when you don't even understand the real meaning behind the verse.

Actually I have meet several (I can't say much about how wicked they are but, they certainly were not violent). I visited Saudi Arabia not too far back.
Please don't worry about my faith in my current religion. Do go ahead and explain what you think those texts mean.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by naijaway(m): 11:58pm On Dec 13, 2007
I haven't visited Saudi and don't wish to not like they care so is 1 -1. But they are really interferring in a lot of things in the continent and needs to be checked once and for all. They need a bold Nigerian president that will make up some shit against them and warn them to take their hands off Africa especially West Africa and Sudan. They have a very stone aged mentality and don't need to be associated with in any way or form. They have oil and we in Africa combined have more than them, which is the only thing they have over any one African country.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by Kobojunkie: 12:03am On Dec 14, 2007
naijaway:

I haven't visited Saudi and don't wish to not like they care so is 1 -1. But they are really interferring in a lot of things in the continent and needs to be checked once and for all. They need a bold Nigerian president that will make up some shit against them and warn them to take their hands off Africa especially West Africa and Sudan. They have a very stone aged mentality and don't need to be associated with in any way or form. They have oil and we in Africa combined have more than them, which is the only thing they have over any one African country.

Are you implying that africans are generally IDIOTS that Saudi Arabia is able to influence the thinking of some africans??
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by RichyBlacK(m): 1:51am On Dec 14, 2007
naijaway:

Here is a gentleman who is saying it as it is! Thanx!

Saudi Arabia needs to be checked. A very barbaric society, ruled by the most corrupt monarchy in the world.

While Washington complains about how Beijing exercises her influence over Khartoum, they turn a blind eye to negative influence from Riyadh.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by naijaking1: 3:02am On Dec 16, 2007
what's the difference between Darfur muslims vs Bauchi Muslims= Nothing.
Re: Darfur: Shame On Black Great Ones! by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 16, 2007
First and foremost, let us get this out of the way, I AM A CHRISTIAN who believes Muslims an Atheits, Agnostics (whether "good" or "bad"wink are going to Hell. Rigtheousness is not the same as being MORAL.

For any muslim take note that I have muslim relatives, as such I understand the ramifications of the Truth upon those relatives if they die as muslims.

Whether you believe it or not is irrelevant the truth is that, only one of the so called Religions is the TRUTH.

The Good News of Jesus Christ is the truth, Yes JESUS is THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE , If you want further truth that Buddism, Hinduism, Traditional Religios, Islam are all works of the Devil. Search the internet and seek the truth because you will find it. e.g. ISAAC versus ISHMEAL, e.g. ADAM & EVE versus MOHAMMED plus 4 WIVES, e.g. NO MARRIAGE in HEAVEN versus DEAD TERRORIST with VIRGINS in Muslims' "heaven" (actually HELL).
At times you begin to wonder whether or not the god of the muslims is a sex fanatic or not. Jesus himself said there is no marriage in heaven. Yet the so called muslims try and twist the truth that they believe in their own version of Jesus who they call ISSA.
Since as far as I know, The Devil has always been trying to duplicate what God has done, so as to try and deceive people to do wrong things , e.g. when the Isrealites after coming out from Egypt built an Idol, during the so called Christian "Military" Crusades. He tried to duplicate the Good News of Christ by deceiving the lost soul known as Mohammed that he was an angel of light who has brought a message from God to him. (Check the information from people like Walid Shoebat, Zac Anani, Ibrahim Abdallah). Do you now see why there are a lot of dogmas in Islam (e.g. 4 wives, Virgins, killing in the name of allah, referencing the name of an ordinary man called mohammed, violence against any one who rejects islam, violence against anyone who leaves islam "just like a cult group"wink. I can go on forever trying to prove to you Islam is a Demonic cult. However this mail is not for that.
Finally just remember that before now demonic cults like that of Baal existed (probably still exists) during the time of Elijah, they had powerful forces and convictions just like Muslims of today, they killed those who believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob then just as some Muslims do now. Remember it got to a stage that Elijah had to run out of fear.Yet the truth is that God is always the winner, God is always true and right, God is always love. So understand that during the end of days things would get worse rather than get better.

Back to the main topic , though I am also angry about all these attacks and killings, yet the truth is that that is exactly what the devil wants. The devil wants a Christian to lose every power, right and priviledge he has by making the Christian angry, sad, feeling vulnerable, feeling hopeless, feeling the need for revenge, so that we (Christians) would end up making a mistake, creating more problem by retaliating, hating muslims (instead of praying for them and preaching to them about what is true and what is not).

Therefore contrary to what my Flesh wants:

Concerning the destroying of the mosque in bauchi, Let me say that I condemn the act of destroying the "physical" Mosque (though I completely support destroying every principalities, powers and spiritual wickedness and "spiritual" mosques).

concerning other religious attacks of Muslims on Christians and attacks of Christians on Muslims, I strongly condemn all of them .

I also condemn the crimes and corruption committed by christians in the name of religion, anger, retaliation and other things.

We Christians should be "Peace and be Still" so that we would know that HE IS GOD.

"Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free":

1. It is wrong for A MOSQUE to have been built in a "Government School" because the school is was not a muslim school in the first place.

2. It is demonic for someone to believe that killing a person would make one a holy person, instead it makes you as close to demons as possible.

3. It is wrong for the Christian Students to have allegedly destroyed the Mosque (because the battle is the Lord's, therefore we are not expected to take laws into our hands).

4. It is wrong for Christians to want to retaliate due to frustration and anger.

5. It is wrong for Christians to hate Muslims (understand that they are lost, even though they themselves don't know that they are lost)

Above all things please be at peace that God is in control. Let us understand that it is in the devil's interest if there is war, it is in the devil's interest if True Christians get angry with Muslims so much that they don't preach to them to get born again. The devil knows that violence will bring the dark cycle of retailiation, hence he will try everything to start it in the first place.

Even though we may suffer physical lose during these period let us as Christians know that the Outcome of the Battle as already being determined even before it started. Christians through Christ have already won every battle either with the Devil himself, muslims, islamist, moderates, atheits, agnostics buddist, hinduist etc
Some of them are fighting for control over the physical land (which will pass away, we are enduring for the Crown which would be giving us). The devil (through them) knows that he has but a little time hence he is going about trying to destroy as many souls as possible either through violence, false believe or war

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Picture That Says A Thousand Words / Who Owns N14 Billion Ikeja Shopping Mall, Others, PDP Querries Tinubu / Goodluck Jonathan: The Many Battles Of A President From Minority Tribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.