Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (894713 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:29pm On Sep 19, 2018
Vbabs:
Oga Luvinhubby,

Kindly assist with the price of Honda Accord 2005 Power steering Pump as well as Complete throttle body with throttle position sensor attached.

Specify if 4 cylinder or V6 engine in SMS - 08029255299
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Vbabs(m): 10:47pm On Sep 19, 2018
luvinhubby:

Specify if 4 cylinder or V6 engine in SMS - 08029255299

Sent you a text sir
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by TMANTII: 5:27am On Sep 20, 2018
oluwaseunla:

A few things may be wrong, but you'll need to do a proper diagnosis to find out.

Thanks chief.

My A.C. technician checked it like 2 months ago and claimed the compressor seal need be changed which we did and he refilled the gas, it worked..........now it's back to former state.....WARM AIR!!
What do u all think shld be nxt line of action plsssssssssssss.....
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by oluwaseunla(m): 5:46am On Sep 20, 2018
TMANTII:

Thanks chief.

My A.C. technician checked it like 2 months ago and claimed the compressor seal need be changed which we did and he refilled the gas, it worked..........now it's back to former state.....WARM AIR!!
What do u all think shld be nxt line of action plsssssssssssss.....

If the level of refrigerant has gone down again, you will need to find that leak.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Allansmith: 3:39pm On Sep 21, 2018
Good Day People...Please how much can one get neat Nigerian Used Honda Civic within 2000 and 2003 series...I need price range pls so as to know my target.

Thanks people!!!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by texasbullet(m): 10:25pm On Sep 21, 2018
Pls o I drove my accord 04 from Calabar to Lagos with no issues. Except from heat coming from under the dashboard. Pls what could be wrong? .

Gurus in the house.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by souldeep(m): 10:31pm On Sep 21, 2018
Check if ur A.C regulator is on heater. Had such issue.
texasbullet:
Pls o I drove my accord 04 from Calabar to Lagos with no issues. Except from heat coming from under the dashboard. Pls what could be wrong? .

Gurus in the house.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by souldeep(m): 10:32pm On Sep 21, 2018
texasbullet:

Gurus in the house.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 23, 2018
Pls I need a good Honda mechanic around abule egba axis
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nemadfsyahooc: 10:45pm On Sep 24, 2018
Experts in the house Pls advice accordingly. Is it OK to replace a 4wd 2005 4plugs Honda crv automatic transmission gear with a transmission of front wheel drive of same model 2005honda crv. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by TMANTII: 9:52am On Sep 25, 2018
oluwaseunla:

If the level of refrigerant has gone down again, you will need to find that leak.

Seun....really appreciate....
In light of getting a lasting solution....I was introduced to another A.C. tech guy who ran a check and claimed the compressor, condenser and some upper hose be changed. And some other things be checked/cleaned/serviced under the dashboard, Plus labour......said 75k.
Pls house is this not too high......what's your take on this please?.....thank you...
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by igbizen(m): 11:08am On Sep 25, 2018
Hello guys,
I changed my fuel pump and now my car can't rev above 2000rpm. what should I do?
Honda pilot 2010.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by igbizen(m): 11:08am On Sep 25, 2018
Honda pilot 2010
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 11:42am On Sep 25, 2018
igbizen:
Hello guys,
I changed my fuel pump and now my car can't rev above 2000rpm. what should I do?
Honda pilot 2010.

What type of fuel pump did you fit in there. A complete fuel pump module or just the fuel pump itself. Lastly run a scan
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by toxxnoni(m): 6:57am On Sep 26, 2018
I need help with my Honda, it a 4 plug,EOD, Ex, 2005. If i turned my stirring wheel to the end (finished) on both sides, the Rev just drop to 0, the AC will still b on... What's d solution... It happens when I am in traffic... House help out pls
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Endosh: 1:54pm On Sep 26, 2018
luvinhubby:
The Honda gear-box has a switch, some call it drive switch or gear box switch. It also serves as filter for your ATF(Automatic transmission fluid) and oftentimes get blocked by dirt which impedes or stops fluid flow thereby affecting gear performance. It can be cleaned ir replaced and you are driving.

Thanks for sharing this tips. I have an Honda Accord I have been putting up for sale, but probably because of lack of maintenances knowledge for Honda, I have not been able to sell it, even with the right price, good interior and exterior, great AC e.t.c.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Endosh: 1:56pm On Sep 26, 2018
I will get back to you
Endosh:

Thanks for sharing this tips. I have an Honda Accord I have been putting up for sale, but probably because of lack of maintenances knowledge for Honda, I have not been able to sell it, even with the right price, good interior and exterior, great AC e.t.c.
Nowretail:
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by igbsam(m): 5:06pm On Sep 28, 2018
Nowretail:

Me too o.....
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Adisaowalla: 8:04pm On Sep 28, 2018
TMANTII:
the sweat is becoming unbearable �

grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mmadu5(m): 10:54pm On Sep 28, 2018
PLEASE I BEG THE GURUS IN THE HOUSE TO HELP ME WITH THIS I NEED TO CHANGE MY ATF FOR HONDA BABY BOY WHAT IS THE BEST ONE TO USE AND HOW MANY OF IT DO I NEED ? PLEASE I NEED URGENT ANSWER , GOD BLESS YOU ALL
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by captainking(m): 6:59am On Sep 29, 2018
mmadu5:
PLEASE I BEG THE GURUS IN THE HOUSE TO HELP ME WITH THIS I NEED TO CHANGE MY ATF FOR HONDA BABY BOY WHAT IS THE BEST ONE TO USE AND HOW MANY OF IT DO I NEED ? PLEASE I NEED URGENT ANSWER , GOD BLESS YOU ALL
i have responded to you.. And you are directly at the source.. Luvinhubby will respond to you.. Buy and use aft dw1...call luvinhubby for the price..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vinzita1(m): 1:23am On Sep 30, 2018
Plz oooooo
Who has experience this should share how it was resolved.
My honda accord DC 06 HAS DRIVING (D) blinking
Buy it is working perfectly
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:57am On Sep 30, 2018
vinzita1:
Plz oooooo
Who has experience this should share how it was resolved.
My honda accord DC 06 HAS DRIVING (D) blinking
Buy it is working perfectly

It is not, have it scanned

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bing(m): 10:57am On Sep 30, 2018
Good morning Gurus, Check engine light came on so I decided to scan for fault.
Result: P0420- powertrain Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)
2005 Honda Civic please how do I resolve?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 11:21am On Sep 30, 2018
bing:
Good morning Gurus,
Check engine light came on so I decided to scan for fault.

Result: P0420- powertrain
Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)

2005 Honda Civic
please how do I resolve?

Inspect catalytic. If bad Replace catalytic converter
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bing(m): 3:25am On Oct 01, 2018
thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by cucumbar: 2:08pm On Oct 02, 2018
Hello, please what do I need to change in my Honda Accord? I discovered that hitting little pebbles on the road Tilts my steering wheel to the right or left,and I could lost control if I don't hold the steering firmly. It will be serious trouble if I enter a pot hole ,As it normally feels like the car wants to veer off the road anytime I go over an uneven surface.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 2:11pm On Oct 02, 2018
cucumbar:
Hello, please what do I need to change in my Honda Accord? I discovered that hitting little pebbles on the road Tilts my steering wheel to the right or left,and I could lost control if I don't hold the steering firmly. It will be serious trouble if I enter a pot hole ,As it normally feels like the car wants to veer off the road anytime I go over an uneven surface.

Inspect suspension parts and replace worn out parts
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:58pm On Oct 02, 2018
cucumbar:

Tyres out of alignment

Upper control arm bad

Low control arm bushings severed

Tie rod ends or sockets bad
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Vbabs(m): 12:05pm On Oct 03, 2018
experts in the house...is it transmission oil (ATF) that is to be used as power steering fluid?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by captainking(m): 5:04pm On Oct 03, 2018
luvinhubby:

Tyres out of alignment

Upper control arm bad

Low control arm bushings severed

Tie rod ends or sockets bad
How do I fix this code oga luvinhubby..
p2801 Honda accord 2005...
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:00pm On Oct 03, 2018
Vbabs:
experts in the house...is it transmission oil (ATF) that is to be used as power steering fluid?
No, they are different, there is PSF for steering, though very few drivers know this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.