Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,253 members, 7,836,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (898339 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dru23(m): 5:04pm On Sep 01, 2018
How much is your oil
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:01am On Sep 02, 2018
dru23:
How much is your oil

Which spec of the oil?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dru23(m): 7:11am On Sep 02, 2018
luvinhubby:

Which spec of the oil?

Toyota oil 5w30
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebigkendo(m): 7:55am On Sep 02, 2018
nemadfsyahooc:
Evening house. Just scanned my Honda crv 2005 and shows up p1157 with lots of grammar. Playing can someone tell me in plain language what the issue is. Attached is the screenshot of the reading[b] .the issue with the vehicle is the delay in changing gear and jerks when engaging from 1-2gear[/b]. Is this code related to the transmission. Thanks

That code is not related to you transmission symptoms.

Is that the only code that came up during th scan?

Have u ever changed you transmission fluid?
If yes ,what transmission fluid did you use?
If No, what colour is your transmission fluid & does it smell burnt?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nemadfsyahooc: 10:10pm On Sep 02, 2018
thebigkendo:

That code is not related to you transmission symptoms.

Is that the only code that came up during th scan?

Have u ever changed you transmission fluid?
If yes ,what transmission fluid did you use?
If No, what colour is your transmission fluid & does it smell burnt?
Thank you for ur response. I have changed the oil and now used dw1.even after the oil change
still same same. that was the only code that came up after scan.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jimohibrahim(m): 12:43am On Sep 04, 2018
Thank you so much to all the oga boss here that had help answered some of my questions that I had posted here in the past..

I don port ooo

Honda accord 06 to Toyota Camry 09
I can boldy say I enjoyed the Honda so much and never had one single problem with the legs..

Looking forward to my experience with the Toyota..

Cc
luvinhubby
GAZZUZ
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by cineasta(m): 4:51am On Sep 04, 2018
Hi there,

Some tips:

Change windshield wipers

Change air filters

Replace spark plugs

Replace a blown fuse

Good lucky!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rabiuu200(m): 2:26pm On Sep 06, 2018
I want to buy a honda civic 2002 model. i wish for someone to tell me more about the car like fuel economy, engine maintenance (and cost), tyres etc. and also comparism with a Baby boy. thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mmadu5(m): 4:10am On Sep 07, 2018
rabiuu200:
I want to buy a honda civic 2002 model. i wish for someone to tell me more about the car like fuel economy, engine maintenance (and cost), tyres etc. and also comparism with a Baby boy. thank you

Both cars are good baby boy it's much stable on road and balanced civic has that compact looks .. baby boy is 2.3L while civic is from 1.8 to 2.0 so the civic buy original parts for accord and you will use the car for ever .. I presently own 1
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mmadu5(m): 4:10am On Sep 07, 2018
mmadu5:

Both cars are good baby boy it's much stable on road and balanced civic has that compact looks .. baby boy is 2.3L and 3.0L while civic is from 1.8 to 2.0 so the civic buy original parts for accord and you will use the car for ever .. I presently own 1
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by k2kay(m): 9:10am On Sep 08, 2018
Morning All, pls I need urgent reply concerning how long it takes for fans in a car to begin spinning cos this kazeem came to clean my injector throttle body this morning and said the fan is supposed to spin after a few minutes. I had to stand very firm for him not to remove my thermostat.

I noticed fan spins when I put on AC and goes off when I put it off. So how long is normal without AC for it to spin cos he succeeded in scaring the hell out of me. I drive an accord 05.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sch(m): 1:30pm On Sep 08, 2018
Pls i need help, my car delay or switch from the rest position to the next gear..its an honda babyboy v4, but work smootly after engaging the first gear..no error apart from catalytic converter error..Thanks in Addy
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 08, 2018
Good day house .

Please I use a Honda Accord discussion continues and I would like to find out the price of the following ?

Kickstarter -

Brake master -

Brake lining ( rear wheels ) -

I would appreciate it if anyone has an answer .

Thank you .
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:32pm On Sep 08, 2018
tobianthony:
Good day house .

Please I use a Honda Accord discussion continues and I would like to find out the price of the following ?

Kickstarter -

Brake master -

Brake lining ( rear wheels ) -

I would appreciate it if anyone has an answer .

Thank you .

4 cylinder or V6 engine?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rabiuu200(m): 10:12pm On Sep 10, 2018
Thank you so much for the review. I appreciate
mmadu5:

Both cars are good baby boy it's much stable on road and balanced civic has that compact looks .. baby boy is 2.3L while civic is from 1.8 to 2.0 so the civic buy original parts for accord and you will use the car for ever .. I presently own 1
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by opomulero(m): 6:31am On Sep 11, 2018
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Fdot(m): 3:23pm On Sep 13, 2018
Hello house please I need help. My Honda CRV 2008 model doesn't accelerate, offs often when I try to accelerate and changes sound when I match the accelerator to the full because that's the only way I can make it not to go off whenever I try to move. My mechanic has checked, replaced the pump, serviced the injector and every other thing he could possibly think of but the issue persists still. Now he's saying from his device that its likely to be a system /electrical problem thus I should send it to an electrician. Please i need advice because I've really spent money but is to no effect/result.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by naijatyres: 8:36am On Sep 14, 2018
abisogun119:
Driving A bulldog n d Back Shocks R Very low....d mechanic said I
Shld raise It N Replace Some Springs....I Heard Rising D shocks Aint A Good
Idea.....+ buying New shocks r Expensive.....what shld I do?.

It is not good to raise the shocks. It will cause imbalance in the vehicle, make sure the shocks and all other suspension parts are OK.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mabs2015: 6:17pm On Sep 14, 2018
Good day all.
I need a competent mechanic in Abuja to change my Camshaft (honda accord 2008 i4).

Recommendations please.

Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by TMANTII: 9:30am On Sep 18, 2018
Good mrn...my A.C. blows warm air when driving under the sun....but only cool a little when driving very early in the mrn or maybe late at nyt......what could be wrong....how can I get it fixed....the sweat is becoming unbearable �
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:34am On Sep 18, 2018
Fdot:
Hello house please I need help. My Honda CRV 2008 model doesn't accelerate, offs often when I try to accelerate and changes sound when I match the accelerator to the full because that's the only way I can make it not to go off whenever I try to move. My mechanic has checked, replaced the pump, serviced the injector and every other thing he could possibly think of but the issue persists still. Now he's saying from his device that its likely to be a system /electrical problem thus I should send it to an electrician. Please i need advice because I've really spent money but is to no effect/result.

what did his device say?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by oluwaseunla(m): 1:36pm On Sep 18, 2018
TMANTII:
Good mrn...my A.C. blows warm air when driving under the sun....but only cool a little when driving very early in the mrn or maybe late at nyt......what could be wrong....how can I get it fixed....the sweat is becoming unbearable �

A few things may be wrong, but you'll need to do a proper diagnosis to find out.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ikillmods: 11:49pm On Sep 18, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

what did his device say?

Hello Sir, would you happen to know how much I can get a Honda Accord 06 rear bumper and a Toyota Camry 03 rear door please.........
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:14am On Sep 19, 2018
ikillmods:

Hello Sir, would you happen to know how much I can get a Honda Accord 06 rear bumper and a Toyota Camry 03 rear door please.........

Samuel 0802 233 9595

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by souldeep(m): 8:53am On Sep 19, 2018
Good day gurus, i planned changing my honda accord 2000 inner shaft and i was told by a parts dealer that it needs to be changed when the car has not been driven for the day to avoid damage to the transmission. Dont know how true this is.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:02am On Sep 19, 2018
souldeep:
Good day gurus, i planned changing my honda accord 2000 inner shaft and i was told by a parts dealer that it needs to be changed when the car has not been driven for the day to avoid damage to the transmission. Dont know how true this is.

Dangerous changing shaft cups when engines are hot, will damage transmission.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ajey01: 1:13pm On Sep 19, 2018
How much is the following for Honda Civic 2008:

O2 Sensors (Upstream and Downstream)
AC Compressor

Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ikillmods: 4:37pm On Sep 19, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Samuel 0802 233 9595
Thanks a bunch.

May you marry a female
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by souldeep(m): 5:38pm On Sep 19, 2018
Thanks a million
luvinhubby:

Dangerous changing shaft cups when engines are hot, will damage transmission.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Vbabs(m): 6:20pm On Sep 19, 2018
Oga Luvinhubby,

Kindly assist with the price of Honda Accord 2005 Power steering Pump as well as Complete throttle body with throttle position sensor attached.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:28pm On Sep 19, 2018
Ajey01:
How much is the following for Honda Civic 2008:

O2 Sensors (Upstream and Downstream)
AC Compressor

Thanks.

Budget ₦30,000 for both

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.