Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (892436 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 10:54am On Nov 17, 2019
GreenWorld:
Hello house, please how do I get radio code for my Pilot? Can't find it in the glove box or manual.

You have to call dealer or you can try here https://radio-navicode.honda.com/

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 12:56pm On Nov 17, 2019
Fiyinfoluwa20:
Please recommend brake oil for Honda Accord 2009 . Pretty urgent thanks

Dot 3, Honda Genuine preferably
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by cybertron88: 8:02pm On Nov 17, 2019
luvinhubby:

Dot 3, Honda Genuine preferably
Please what's the current price of Honda Accord 05 ac compressor and power steering
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Elipsis: 8:34pm On Nov 17, 2019
My car doesn't enter into the Reverse gear when the engine is hot. All other gears work perfectly well.
What could be the reason?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ochima75(m): 11:11pm On Nov 21, 2019
Evening what can possibly make an eod 03 jerk into motion wen shifted 4rm P to D in d morning also when driving slowly it smetyms disengages from D and runs freely(as in wen accelerated the car jst revs high) one wl have to stop then restart engine,shift to P and then back to D be4 the car can move again.

Please possible cause and solution?

It happened once that the gear refused to engage after i started the car in d a.m but after 5mins i left it off nd tried again it did,i called a mechanic to look into it he plugged a scan and didn't 3ven tell me d codes it produced he just said the "gear don go,na to change am* i jst said ok but I don't believe him, Moreover it drives fine after a long while of driving with no jerks so am asking is there any possible solution to ds and has anyone faced such and how was it rectified ??
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:26pm On Nov 22, 2019
Ochima75:
Evening what can possibly make an eod 03 jerk into motion wen shifted 4rm P to D in d morning also when driving slowly it smetyms disengages from D and runs freely(as in wen accelerated the car jst revs high) one wl have to stop then restart engine,shift to P and then back to D be4 the car can move again.

Please possible cause and solution?

It happened once that the gear refused to engage after i started the car in d a.m but after 5mins i left it off nd tried again it did,i called a mechanic to look into it he plugged a scan and didn't 3ven tell me d codes it produced he just said the "gear don go,na to change am* i jst said ok but I don't believe him, Moreover it drives fine after a long while of driving with no jerks so am asking is there any possible solution to ds and has anyone faced such and how was it rectified ??

Replace your transmission fluid and clean out the shift solenoid sensor.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Azmanaty: 10:19pm On Nov 22, 2019
I use a Honda accord 2008. This night, I heard some grinding (or metal) noise from the engine bay while driving to somewhere.

I Parked and switched off the car, tried starting the car and it won't start. I got a battery, was able to start it and the noise became louder. I was able to manage it slowly to reach my house. The metal grinding noise is very loud and its coming from inside the engine. It goes higher as you accelerate the car. It sounds somewhat like "Kra_aaaa_aaaaaa"

Pls what could be the problem house?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:51pm On Nov 22, 2019
Azmanaty:
I use a Honda accord 2008. This night, I heard some grinding (or metal) noise from the engine bay while driving to somewhere.

I Parked and switched off the car, tried starting the car and it won't start. I got a battery, was able to start it and the noise became louder. I was able to manage it slowly to reach my house. The metal grinding noise is very loud and its coming from inside the engine. It goes higher as you accelerate the car. It sounds somewhat like "Kra_aaaa_aaaaaa"

Na serious gbege be that, engine don knock.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Azmanaty: 11:36pm On Nov 22, 2019
luvinhubby:

Na serious gbege be that, engine don knock.

Engine knock and the car is still moving?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 12:20am On Nov 23, 2019
Azmanaty:

Engine knock and the car is still moving?

Yes.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:39am On Nov 23, 2019
Elipsis:
My car doesn't enter into the Reverse gear when the engine is hot. All other gears work perfectly well.
What could be the reason?

Get a good gear electrician, it can be rectified

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Azmanaty: 11:19am On Nov 23, 2019
luvinhubby:

Yes.

Can it be fixed?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 5:44pm On Nov 23, 2019
Azmanaty:

Can it be fixed?

Depending on extent of damage, yes.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ochima75(m): 7:58pm On Nov 24, 2019
luvinhubby:

Replace your transmission fluid and clean out the shift solenoid sensor.

Alright,thanks.... Will do that
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by donteddy(m): 8:41pm On Nov 24, 2019
Azmanaty:

Crank shaft might be the cause. Beside have you been experiencing oil shortage?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Azmanaty: 9:11pm On Nov 24, 2019
donteddy:

Crank shaft might be the cause. Beside have you been experiencing oil shortage?

No sir I haven't. Not at all.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by missybol: 8:33am On Nov 25, 2019
Good morning House, I tried resetting the time in my CRV 2004 and pressed the buttons as directed in the manual, now the radio isn't working and just showing '0000' on the screen when powered on. How do I get it working please?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by cybertron88: 9:40am On Nov 25, 2019
Pls what's the cost of an Honda account 05 power steering for a v6

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:02pm On Nov 25, 2019
cybertron88:
Pls what's the cost of an Honda account 05 power steering for a v6

₦25,000

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Elipsis: 4:02pm On Nov 26, 2019
luvinhubby:

Get a good gear electrician, it can be rectified
I found one. He's charging me 25k for the work. Said he'd do a computer analysis or something

I feel I'm being duped.

What do you think could be the problem?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 26, 2019
My DC 2007 vibrate seriously when i put on reverse. But drive is ok and smooth, any advice on getting it resolved.
Secondly always having chronic unease on bow joint issue as a regular honda leg problem, what are the early sign or warning?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 9:15pm On Nov 26, 2019
missybol:
Good morning House, I tried resetting the time in my CRV 2004 and pressed the buttons as directed in the manual, now the radio isn't working and just showing '0000' on the screen when powered on. How do I get it working please?

Look for a sticker in your glovebox. That's your radio code and simply enter it

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Azmanaty: 9:24pm On Nov 27, 2019
luvinhubby:

Depending on extent of damage, yes.

Hello sir, pls I called in three mechanics to check the car. They all said its engine knock.
Two said it can be fixed and one said I should go and buy half and top engine instead of trying to fix it.

My question is this: can I go ahead and fix the car? I have heard stories that Honda engines are not advised to be repaired. Do I have any chance that it will work fine if its fixed?

I dont have money on me. I will draw my conclusion based on your advice. The two options I have now is to rally round and get money to fix the engine or wait till God knows when i'll get money to buy half and top engine. If its fixed and doesn't work fine, then I will loose the entire sum I may have spent fixing it.

What do u suggest sir based on ur wealth of experience with Honda cars
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by 9icetoo(m): 7:14am On Nov 28, 2019
Azmanaty:

Hello sir, pls I called in three mechanics to check the car. They all said its engine knock.
Two said it can be fixed and one said I should go and buy half and top engine instead of trying to fix it.

My question is this: can I go ahead and fix the car? I have heard stories that Honda engines are not advised to be repaired. Do I have any chance that it will work fine if its fixed?

I dont have money on me. I will draw my conclusion based on your advice. The two options I have now is to rally round and get money to fix the engine or wait till God knows when i'll get money to buy half and top engine. If its fixed and doesn't work fine, then I will loose the entire sum I may have spent fixing it.

Just out of curiosity, what oil were you using to service this car. How long between servicing? are you certain your mechanic changed filters whenever he serviced your car?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Azmanaty: 7:55am On Nov 28, 2019
9icetoo:

Just out of curiosity, what oil were you using to service this car. How long between servicing? are you certain your mechanic changed filters whenever he serviced your car?

This oil attached. I service between 4 to 4500KM. I get the filter and oil myself, so the filter was used.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by 9icetoo(m): 8:32am On Nov 28, 2019
Azmanaty:

This oil attached. I service between 4 to 4500KM. I get the filter and oil myself, so the filter was used.
Okay. Good to know.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Mrford(m): 2:41pm On Nov 28, 2019
Azmanaty:

Wether it can be fixed depends on the extent of the damage. This can only be known when the engine is teared down. Don't go with the idea of what they call half engine. If you must change engine buy your complete tokumbo engine, install and have rest of mind.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Azmanaty: 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2019
Mrford:

Wether it can be fixed depends on the extent of the damage. This can only be known when the engine is tired down. Don't go with the idea of they call half engine. If you must change engine buy your complete tokumbo engine, install and have rest of mind.

Thank you very much sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by donteddy(m): 9:18pm On Nov 28, 2019
Azmanaty:

If u try rebuild the engine it might not last and also depends on how good d mechanic is. I will advise u buy new Belgium engine and have peace of mind.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by theoilguy: 11:59am On Nov 29, 2019
Hello all,

We have in stock USA Mobil 5w20 and 5w30 extended performance. Our price is 17,000 naira. However, for a limited time offer, we are giving the next 10 buyers at 16,500 naira only.

Offer valid while stock lasts!!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luluz4u: 12:18pm On Dec 01, 2019
How can i get honda accord 03 car dvd fixed.. buttons aint working again, and the touchscreen isnt responding as before.

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.