Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (891907 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by plugchef: 3:10pm On Apr 28, 2020
I have not checked the master break at all, will you recommend a replacement or repair.

Thank you sir.

HooxJnr:

Possible leakage from the pipe that carries brake fluid or your master brake is faulty.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by HooxJnr(m): 5:45pm On Apr 28, 2020
plugchef:
I have not checked the master break at all, will you recommend a replacement or repair.

Thank you sir.

My recommendation, replacement will be better. Brake is not something to play around. However let us wait for the big guys to comment, they may have a different view.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by phadriz(m): 8:49pm On Apr 28, 2020
samintegrity:

Try to open the trunk (boot) to gain access through.

Thank you sir, finally opened with the assistance of a panel beater.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by SolarEdge: 8:52pm On Apr 28, 2020
Rotiix:

I changed the abs sensor, the break has disappeared but VSA and ABS remains. Will fix it this weekend
Please can we chat on watsapp?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Rotiix(m): 10:19pm On Apr 28, 2020
SolarEdge:

Please can we chat on watsapp?
Ok dm me
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by samintegrity(m): 12:07am On Apr 29, 2020
phadriz:

Thank you sir, finally opened with the assistance of a panel beater.

Uw
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Intrepidone(m): 4:57am On Apr 29, 2020
Good morning house, please I use a 2008 honda accord, bought as used sometimes in Nov last year, but I noticed that the vehicle engine service indicator requires change of engine oil under 45 days of service, i used the synthetic 5w20 is was the same, regular engine oils too and no improvement

What do you think is wrong and has anyone experienced this before?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 6:44am On Apr 29, 2020
Intrepidone:
Good morning house, please I use a 2008 honda accord, bought as used sometimes in Nov last year, but I noticed that the vehicle engine service indicator requires change of engine oil under 45 days of service, i used the synthetic 5w20 is was the same, regular engine oils too and no improvement

What do you think is wrong and has anyone experienced this before?

I'm assuming you reset the oil life after each service. How many miles do you cover within the said 45 days?

Also, that thing does not know the kind of oil you use. It calulates usage based on driving conditions and mileage so even if you use oil that lasts 50,000 miles, it may still come up after 3000 miles.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Intrepidone(m): 9:25am On Apr 29, 2020
Yes I did the oil life reset, I like in Akure, Ondo state and seldome travel with the car, the last time I serviced was on the 7th of April and I am currently on 60% oil life and 2428.7 miles.
I think the vehicle is miscalculating my miles.... if that's possible.

rationalmind:

I'm assuming you reset the oil life after each service. How many miles do you cover within the said 45 days?

Also, that thing does not know the kind of oil you use. It calulates usage based on driving conditions and mileage so even if you use oil that lasts 50,000 miles, it may still come up after 3000 miles.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 9:45am On Apr 29, 2020
plugchef:

Thank you sir.

Hello Sir.

There is likely blockade in one (or more) of the master brake cylinder passages. It is a huge risk to move the car around without sorting it out.

Have the master cylinder removed and examined to confirm this and replace if confirmed.

While you are at it, a malfunctioning servo must also be ruled out, as this can be a co-existent problem. May be leaking, therefore losing vacuum. In that case, the servo must be replaced.

Cheers!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by phadriz(m): 7:55am On Apr 30, 2020
Good morning all,
Please how can I get the error code of my Honda Accord 2009 radio.
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by cdoffx(m): 10:24am On Apr 30, 2020
Mrford:

grin grin gringrin grin grin
I like your enthusiasm.

Goodluck. No forget to update the final outcome.
As promised. Here's the final outcome.
I wasn't able to get a blue coated polarizer, a guy that does glass tinting that I asked said it only comes in black shade and any other coloured one would most likely have come with the vehicle. Dunno how true that it.

Anyway I used the black shade one and now my speedometer and gauges are clearly visible although not producing the original blue background.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 30, 2020
cdoffx:

I wasn't able to get a blue coated polarizer, a guy that does glass tinting that I asked said it only comes in black shade and any other coloured one would most likely have come with the vehicle. Dunno how true that it.

Anyway I used the black shade one and now my speedometer and gauges are clearly visible although not producing the original blue background.

This is nice. A lot of self-taught mechanics started like this

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Mrford(m): 8:13pm On Apr 30, 2020
cdoffx:

Nice one. You really did a good job.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Preator: 2:48pm On May 02, 2020
Good afternoon,

I noticed my honda CRV 2008 is making some funny noise under the hood. Dropped it off at one of this filling station that does alignment and servicing. Came bk and the guy said its a camshaft issue. He said he help top up the transmission fluid also(my first issue). We agreed that he shud get current estimate of fixing the camshaft and that of replacing the engine.
On my way home, i noticed that the engine revvs up a bit at idle ( just go btw 600 and 1000rpm) and the noise is now more audible. Almost like a coin is playing around.

Got home and decided to scan with my small scanner. Got the following codes:
P1009
P0011
C0030
P2185(this has been there a while though).

Whats the bess way forward?

Thanks
Cc gazzuzz
Luvinhubby
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 4:52pm On May 02, 2020
Preator:
Good afternoon,

I noticed my honda CRV 2008 is making some funny noise under the hood. Dropped it off at one of this filling station that does alignment and servicing. Came bk and the guy said its a camshaft issue. He said he help top up the transmission fluid also(my first issue). We agreed that he shud get current estimate of fixing the camshaft and that of replacing the engine.
On my way home, i noticed that the engine revvs up a bit at idle ( just go btw 600 and 1000rpm) and the noise is now more audible. Almost like a coin is playing around.

Got home and decided to scan with my small scanner. Got the following codes:
P1009
P0011
C0030
P2185(this has been there a while though).

Whats the bess way forward?

Thanks
Cc gazzuzz
Luvinhubby

Check the camshaft sensor and vtech sensor. Likely blocked as a result of low grade or dirty engine oil.

The O2 sensor and temperature switch on the engine are likely bad as well.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by eamodu(m): 6:55am On May 03, 2020
Good morning, my Honda 07 security started making the panic sound at two occasions without anyone touching the remote or car I 'assume' When it did at first, I went opened and closed all doors properly and locked the car.. Then again it started making panic sound around 1am this morning, which I decided to remove one battery terminal head so as not to disturb my neighbors. Please as anyone experienced this? And what could be the solution. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nitt: 1:01pm On May 03, 2020
eamodu:
Good morning, my Honda 07 security started making the panic sound at two occasions without anyone touching the remote or car I 'assume' When it did at first, I went opened and closed all doors properly and locked the car.. Then again it started making panic sound around 1am this morning, which I decided to remove one battery terminal head so as not to disturb my neighbors. Please as anyone experienced this? And what could be the solution. Thanks.

There is a sensor behind the grill (i.e the honda logo, silver H. close to the horn and its connection) when it goes bad (from frontal collusion or anytin of the sort) it tends to make this irritating problem.

it did this same tin on my car. i read bout this issue online.

Open up the grill by unplugging the secure pins and just disconnect the sensor and it will stop.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Omotakins(m): 1:51pm On May 03, 2020
@luvinhubby, how much is Honda accord 2001 power steering pump and power steering fluid?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Preator: 2:16pm On May 03, 2020
luvinhubby:

Check the camshaft sensor and vtech sensor. Likely blocked as a result of low grade or dirty engine oil.

The O2 sensor and temperature switch on the engine are likely bad as well.

How much will it cost to replace this sensors?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by eamodu(m): 2:19pm On May 03, 2020
I will try that. But hope disconnecting it, won't cause any issues with the security system,? Thanks you for replying
nitt:

There is a sensor behind the grill (i.e the honda logo, silver H. close to the horn and its connection) when it goes bad (from frontal collusion or anytin of the sort) it tends to make this irritating problem.

it did this same tin on my car. i read bout this issue online.

Open up the grill by unplugging the secure pins and just disconnect the sensor and it will stop.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nitt: 3:52pm On May 03, 2020
eamodu:

I will try that. But hope disconnecting it, won't cause any issues with the security system,? Thanks you for replying

mine has bn disconnected 4 mor dan 2yrs. no issues experienced wt security

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by eamodu(m): 4:07pm On May 03, 2020
Thanks a whole lot for the reply.
nitt:

mine has bn disconnected 4 mor dan 2yrs. no issues experienced wt security
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nitt: 7:25pm On May 03, 2020
eamodu:
Thanks a whole lot for the reply.
ywc
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 5:15pm On May 04, 2020
Omotakins:
@luvinhubby, how much is Honda accord 2001 power steering pump and power steering fluid?

Pump - 12,000 toks
Fluid - 2,500
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 5:16pm On May 04, 2020
Preator:

How much will it cost to replace this sensors?

₦25,000 - max
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Omotakins(m): 5:42pm On May 04, 2020
luvinhubby:

Pump - 12,000 toks
Fluid - 2,500
thanks... I will get back to you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by cdoffx(m): 11:26am On May 05, 2020
Abeg see me see trouble o...My Panel that I took my car to after a taxi man hit me said he had lost my key o and he have searched everywhere but couldn't see it.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Omotakins(m): 12:17pm On May 05, 2020
luvinhubby:

Pump - 12,000 toks
Fluid - 2,500
Is Ladipo opened today and if money is sent today, how long will it take for me to get it? I live in Ogere after Mowe
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adeinfinit(m): 5:33pm On May 06, 2020
Good evening,

I scanned my Honda Civic 07 with obd2 scanner and got the following codes.
P2185
P0141
Can anyone help me interpret the codes?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by steevy(m): 11:40pm On May 06, 2020
Good day everyone. I was driving today and a 'CHECK FUEL CAP" sign started flashing on my dash. I already made sure the the fuel cover is closed properly but the warning is still there. Car is 2007 Accord. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:01am On May 07, 2020
adeinfinit:
Good evening,

I scanned my Honda Civic 07 with obd2 scanner and got the following codes.
P2185
P0141
Can anyone help me interpret the codes?
O2 sensor and engine temperature sensor.

Combined together equal to increase fuel intake

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Onyeka90210(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.