Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,580 members, 7,823,518 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (894589 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:58am On May 27, 2020
BarrSly:

Coming from the boss himself.. Thanks sir..

Which of the years do you think is best?

I hear people say 2009.

All the same. 2008 - 2010, slight variance in 2011 - 2012
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by SHABZ: 11:52am On May 27, 2020
calabaman:
Hello all,

I am in urgent need of a spare parts dealer/reliable mechanic in oladipo who can deal with my accord 07.

Car brake pedal shakes on high speed suggestive of faulty brake disc.

Washed engine and now it jerks. Water in plugs?

Engine vibrates when placed on D, whilst totally stopped in traffic.

Hi, please scan the car. Likely water has damaged the throttle sensor, a failed throttle sensor sometimes present the same as you're experiencing. A scan will confirm. Furthermore, stop washing your engine, there's no significant advantage of doing this

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by calabaman(m): 11:58am On May 27, 2020
SHABZ:

Hi, please scan the car. Likely water has damaged the throttle sensor, a failed throttle sensor sometimes present the same as you're experiencing. A scan will confirm. Furthermore, stop washing your engine, there's no significant advantage of doing this

Thanks Boss.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by temi4fash(m): 9:41am On May 28, 2020
I changed the Shift solenoid of my Transmission but the car is not shifting after 80Km/h, it just disengages it and starts revving.

Then the D light starts blinking and at that stage I get a smooth drive with smooth shifting. Although sometimes i notice I lose power at some point.

What could be the issue??

It's a Honda City 2007

Luvinhubby
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 12:06pm On May 28, 2020
temi4fash:
I changed the Shift solenoid of my Transmission but the car is not shifting after 80Km/h, it just disengages it and starts revving.

Then the D light starts blinking and at that stage I get a smooth drive with smooth shifting. Although sometimes i notice I lose power at some point.

What could be the issue??

It's a Honda City 2007

Luvinhubby

Do a scan, if possible, when the D light is blinking.

Possible that the shift solenoid replaced is not performing optimally
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by temi4fash(m): 2:17pm On May 28, 2020
luvinhubby:

Do a scan, if possible, when the D light is blinking.

Possible that the shift solenoid replaced is not performing optimally

OK thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sureboykris(m): 7:03am On May 31, 2020
Good morning gurus.

Did a steering pump hose change on my Honda Pilot 2007. Put in Honda DW1 ATF (likely fake) and the steering pump has been whining.
The pump was fine prior to the change of hose and oil
Went back to mechanic, he washed the steering oil container and changed to Abro ATF and the whining continued. He said it'll stop.
It just occurred to me we might be using a wrong oil.
Please what are the options I've for power steering oil.
I don't know how available these things are in Anambra plus the excess fake. And getting things from luvinhubby in Lagos might be difficult cause of the lock down.
Please help me with options so I can search in the market here for now
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:09am On May 31, 2020
sureboykris:
Good morning gurus.

Did a steering pump hose change on my Honda Pilot 2007. Put in Honda DW1 ATF (likely fake) and the steering pump has been whining.
The pump was fine prior to the change of hose and oil
Went back to mechanic, he washed the steering oil container and changed to Abro ATF and the whining continued. He said it'll stop.
It just occurred to me we might be using a wrong oil.
Please what are the options I've for power steering oil.
I don't know how available these things are in Anambra plus the excess fake. And getting things from luvinhubby in Lagos might be difficult cause of the lock down.
Please help me with options so I can search in the market here for now

It is not the fluid, takes a little while for bad steering fluids to eat up seals and rings and cause damage to steering pumps.
The hose you changed is the issue. Get a good hose, if a possible, a good fairly used one and replace, bleed and start, pump should be okay.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sureboykris(m): 5:27pm On May 31, 2020
luvinhubby:

It is not the fluid, takes a little while for bad steering fluids to eat up seals and rings and cause damage to steering pumps.
The hose you changed is the issue. Get a good hose, if a possible, a good fairly used one and replace, bleed and start, pump should be okay.

Wow... This is a twist... I wonder where I'll get another. I'll ask around
Thanks a lot.
Seems I'll have to reach out on this thread before doing anything on this car.
Wonder why we can't have gurus like you guys down here
Thanks again
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 6:02pm On May 31, 2020
sureboykris:

Wow... This is a twist... I wonder where I'll get another. I'll ask around
Thanks a lot.
Seems I'll have to reach out on this thread before doing anything on this car.
Wonder why we can't have gurus like you guys down here
Thanks again

Sir, you are also using the wrong fluid.

ATF-DW1 should be used in your automatic transmission (gearbox) only. Honda made it for that purpose only.

The recommended power steering fluid is Honda Genuine PSF (see picture attached). If you can't get it, maybe an alternative like Mobil ATF.

Now, the confusion arises when you buy Mobil ATF for instance and you find it is recommended for both automatic transmission and power steering. If you like yourself, never use it in your transmission of. You can use as a substitute power steering fluid till you are able to get Honda Genuine PSF.

Regards!

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sureboykris(m): 8:21pm On May 31, 2020
nas00:

ATF-DW1 should be used in your automatic transmission (gearbox) only. Honda made it for that purpose only.

The recommended power steering fluid is Honda Genuine PSF (see picture attached). If you can't get it, maybe an alternative like Mobil ATF.

Now, the confusion arises when you buy Mobil ATF for instance and you find it is recommended for both automatic transmission and power steering. If you like yourself, never use it in your transmission of. You can use as a substitute power steering fluid till you are able to get Honda Genuine PSF.

Regards!

Chai ..info everywhere.
I'll start the hunt tomorrow. Problem is ,how do I know I'm getting original if I see this one . I might buy it now and it'll be fake . I'll search tomorrow though . please do you know the price ?
As for the the oil for transmission, I got the brand you mentioned from luvinhubby

Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by SpeedRacer(m): 10:03am On Jun 01, 2020
So a while back my 08 accord had rattle from cam shaft in start up plus retarded timing can’t remember the code , I took it to oyingbo and car was worked on both cans were worked on , engine came back to life with power and knocking sound developed immediately after the job was done any ways I had to replace engine
Now I have 4 plugs,4 nozzles 4 coils, an alternator, a belt tensioner , a water pump , and both crank and camshaft sensors to give away . There’s no power steering because the engine didn’t come with one in place Of the pump there was a bearing I think previous vehicle has electronic power steering I’m still trying to figure out which model and year came with EPS . Finally special thanks to @adanmy for putting me through bad giving me valuable information
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sureboykris(m): 12:15pm On Jun 01, 2020
nas00:

Regards!

Been searching for the recommended Honda PSF and I couldn't find . No one seems to even know it . I got Mobil atf . But during my search I found one Top 1 atf that also had power steering oil written on it. I don't know if anyone knows it . Seems to be an American product .
Abeg where i go find the genuine Honda ATF ? Luvinhubby any hope ?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sureboykris(m): 12:20pm On Jun 01, 2020
So I took the Mobil atf to the mechanic to replace the power steering fluid. He got under the car and the noise stopped . Yet to put the Mobil I got. But the whining has stopped . Seemed he straightened the hose or something.
I'll just keep the Mobil.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 1:54pm On Jun 01, 2020
sureboykris:

Been searching for the recommended Honda PSF and I couldn't find . No one seems to even know it . I got Mobil atf . But during my search I found one Top 1 atf that also had power steering oil written on it. I don't know if anyone knows it . Seems to be an American product .
Abeg where i go find the genuine Honda ATF ? Luvinhubby any hope ?

Not unexpected if you're having difficulty. The problem is that we are more used to aftermarket brands in this part of the world, likely for economic reasons.

I personally think it will cost more overall to use our aftermarket brands (which don't work as Honda intended) and risk premature pump failure, rather than consistently using the more expensive recommend fluid and enjoy reliability/longevity.

That said, Luvinhubby usually sells Honda Genuine PSF. You can also buy directly from the US via Amazon etc.
Problem might be shipping, with the current COVID-19 issues.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sureboykris(m): 2:00pm On Jun 01, 2020
nas00:

Not unexpected if you're having difficulty. The problem is that we are more used to aftermarket brands in this part of the world, likely for economic reasons.

I personally think it will cost more overall to use our aftermarket brands (which don't work as Honda intended) and risk premature pump failure, rather than consistently using the more expensive recommend fluid and enjoy reliability/longevity.

That said, Luvinhubby usually sells Honda Genuine PSF. You can also buy directly from the US via Amazon etc.
Problem might be shipping, with the current COVID-19 issues.

Well taken.. Thanks a lot
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by victoreyefia(m): 2:30pm On Jun 01, 2020
please what does this code mean ?

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by depair: 3:09pm On Jun 01, 2020
victoreyefia:
please what does this code mean ?

it means your coolant thermostat is bad or your fan has been run direct.

replace your thermostat
check if its not staying open
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by victoreyefia(m): 5:02pm On Jun 01, 2020
depair:

it means your coolant thermostat is bad or your fan has been run direct.
replace your thermostat check if its not staying open
thanks . please how much can I get the thermostat? it an Honda civic 2006
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by modskiller(m): 10:12pm On Jun 01, 2020
Hi guys. Please I’d like to ask what can be done to a Honda Civic 2003 that blinks “””D””” Drive gear light once it’s engaged.

I scanned and it gave me a P0758 Cose which translated to problem in shift solenoid valve B. I removed and cleaned the solenoids but the issue still persists.

Although a rewire serviced it previously but it works and stops.

Recently it stopped working and blinks almost immediately you put the car into gear.

I took the time to remove and clean solenoid myself. Tested it with a battery and seems only one part clicks.

Kindly advise peeps.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by cheras(m): 11:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
We are still in the business of phone verification Using a real US number
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by obinnanelson4(m): 2:41am On Jun 02, 2020
SpeedRacer:
So a while back my 08 accord had rattle from cam shaft in start up plus retarded timing can’t remember the code , I took it to oyingbo and car was worked on both cans were worked on , engine came back to life with power and knocking sound developed immediately after the job was done any ways I had to replace engine
Now I have 4 plugs,4 nozzles 4 coils, an alternator, a belt tensioner , a water pump , and both crank and camshaft sensors to give away . There’s no power steering because the engine didn’t come with one in place Of the pump there was a bearing I think previous vehicle has electronic power steering I’m still trying to figure out which model and year came with EPS . Finally special thanks to @adanmy for putting me through bad giving me valuable information
am glad you are enjoying your new engine. my battery light comes ON whenever I start my car, it remains that way till I raise the throttle before going OFF. My electrician said it's a sign of weak alternator. I won't mind if I can be blessed with your spare alternator. Thanks in anticipation!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adedapodvirus001(m): 8:25am On Jun 02, 2020
Good morning house

I have an issue with my Honda civic 08, when I start the car in the morning it will start fine and once but if I drive it for like 15 minutes up ward and stop and I decide to start again, it will be doing hard starting and if it refuse to start and I leave it for sometime it will start again.

Please what is the cause of this?

What do I need to do to fix this?

The thing dey embarrass me inside traffic
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Musty4ahmed1: 12:58pm On Jun 02, 2020
Please advice, my transmission oil was leaking under the engine so I took it to a mechanic, in the process of loosening the nut, some quantity of ATF poured away before he could retight it.
When I later check the gauge it is short, should I buy and top the ATF? What is the implication?
Thank you!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by internetparrot: 1:22pm On Jun 02, 2020
Good afternoon gurus, please my Honda Accord 2005 i4 was just scanned and have these codes.
P0010
P0141
P0135
P0498
P2185

Car was bought Nigerian used 6months ago, was badly maintained by the seller.
Note: fans were connected directly before purchase.

Car has been driving well since then, (daily driven) but I want to start using it personally and want it restored properly.

Luvinhubby

Please point me aright, I need the car restored.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by peek(f): 2:39pm On Jun 02, 2020
Oga Luvinhubby and others....
There is a Honda Accord 07 manual drive, it breaks speed at around 100km/he or 3000rpm, the engine remains on until the speed reduces less than 100km/hr , the accelerator works again. This happens always, only may be once out of 10 journeys will it forget to break/cut speed.
It happens at every gear level, but gear 5 last long before break.

What can be done? Or what's the problem?

Besides, is there still tokunbo engine for Honda bullet 1998, if yes, where or who has it. I need one fast.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 3:27pm On Jun 02, 2020
modskiller:
Hi guys. Please I’d like to ask what can be done to a Honda Civic 2003 that blinks “””D””” Drive gear light once it’s engaged.

I scanned and it gave me a P0758 Cose which translated to problem in shift solenoid valve B. I removed and cleaned the solenoids but the issue still persists.

Although a rewire serviced it previously but it works and stops.

Recently it stopped working and blinks almost immediately you put the car into gear.

I took the time to remove and clean solenoid myself. Tested it with a battery and seems only one part clicks.

Kindly advise peeps.

Replace the gear solenoid.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Musty4ahmed1: 4:35pm On Jun 02, 2020
Musty4ahmed1:
Please advice, my transmission oil was leaking under the engine so I took it to a mechanic, in the process of loosening the nut, some quantity of ATF poured away before he could retight it.
When I later check the gauge it is short, should I buy and top the ATF? What is the implication?
Thank you!
Pls I need response to this
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Aaaaarghmed(m): 4:41pm On Jun 02, 2020
Musty4ahmed1:
Pls I need response to this
since u said it is short,I think u should buy and top it to avoid issues,it is not good for the gearbox to be functioning with a low gear oil.pls also use the recommended oil.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Musty4ahmed1: 5:32pm On Jun 02, 2020
Aaaaarghmed:
since u said it is short,I think u should buy and top it to avoid issues,it is not good for the gearbox to be functioning with a low gear oil.pls also use the recommended oil.
Please what is the recommended oil? I don't know the type of oil in the car before now, though was told the oil there is not due for change.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:31pm On Jun 02, 2020
Musty4ahmed1:
Please what is the recommended oil? I don't know the type of oil in the car before now, though was told the oil there is not due for change.
which model of honda is it
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Musty4ahmed1: 6:44pm On Jun 02, 2020
Aaaaarghmed:
which model of honda is it
Honda accord 2002

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.