Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (892752 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Preator: 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2020
luvinhubby:

Front pair

The sensor is ₦5,000
What about the back pair? Same price?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Sunymoore(m): 7:57pm On Jun 20, 2020
Flyingman:

Flyingman :
Happy new year house. This year go better o with less issues. For me I started it with car issues as usual. My accord dc refused to accelerate this evening while driving. It cranks quite alright but with high rpm. When I step on gas pedal. It hesitate slightly but nothing happens. It shakes immediately you put on drive. I recently serviced the nozzle and plugs change but noticed car drags when I accelerate before the final show down. Would get them to fix tomorrow but what could be wrong so I can eliminate this issue. Thanks fam
Okay. I have resolved this issue, thought I should share. I replaced the accelerator pedal position sensor and that fixed the gas pedal non-responsiveness.

I'm having similar problem with Honda civic 1999 manual..

The car starts fine but with high Rev..
When I go easy, it'll only jerk a little in gear two and three then normalize with higher gear and higher speed.
The car hesitates a little when I push the pedal down hard then pick up speed.
The engine vibrates sometimes when starting up in the first gear.
The engine loses power while driving and letting off the accelerator and maintain power other times..
Cc: GAZZUZZ and anyone that can help. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Carfreak966: 12:49pm On Jun 21, 2020
Hello my veterans and kings in the house. Please how much can I get a Honda 05 engine. Also can a 03 engine go with 05?? Urgent response please
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:18pm On Jun 21, 2020
Carfreak966:
Hello my veterans and kings in the house. Please how much can I get a Honda 05 engine. Also can a 03 engine go with 05?? Urgent response please

They are all the same engine
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Carfreak966: 9:19pm On Jun 21, 2020
luvinhubby:

They are all the same engine

Thanks my king
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by cluewebhost(m): 12:15am On Jun 22, 2020
luvinhubby:

Temperature switch and O2 sensors are dead

Please what's cost for these and how long will it take to way bill to PH?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:12am On Jun 23, 2020
cluewebhost:

Please what's cost for these and how long will it take to way bill to PH?

Whatsapp - 08099451504
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by hypernikao(m): 12:06pm On Jun 23, 2020
Good day boss, my car has just arrived from obodo oyibo and I was advised by my mecho to change the oil to mobil XHP, because it will be embarking on a long journey. It's a 2010 civic.
luvinhubby:

Whatsapp - 08099451504
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by drakeskull(m): 12:37pm On Jun 23, 2020
hypernikao:
Good day boss, my car has just arrived from obodo oyibo and I was advised by my mecho to change the oil to mobil XHP, because it will be embarking on a long journey. It's a 2010 civic.

DON'T!!! Change that mechanic faster than you would change the oil

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by hypernikao(m): 1:11pm On Jun 23, 2020
So I saw the oil code on the cover, I dey go find am myself.

drakeskull:

DON'T!!! Change that mechanic faster than you would change the oil
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 1:34pm On Jun 23, 2020
hypernikao:

Your mechanic is talking in the nonsense.
Your oil spec is written on your oil cap, should be Synthetic 5W20

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by hypernikao(m): 1:37pm On Jun 23, 2020
Yea, I noticed! What's the price for this?

luvinhubby:

Your mechanic is talking in the nonsense.
Your oil spec is written on your oil cap, should be Synthetic 5W20
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by makjo900: 4:50pm On Jun 23, 2020
Hello

Please I need your help with my Acura TSX 2009

My cars shows these two errors 

1. Check emission system
2. Check VSA system 

How do I go about solving it? Please note this is a toks car that just landed and only being fueled for the road trip from Apapa seaport to its final destination

@luvinhubby
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:11pm On Jun 23, 2020
hypernikao:
Yea, I noticed! What's the price for this?

Send me an SMS or whatsapp chat - 08099451504
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Tzar(m): 9:58pm On Jun 23, 2020
Thank you @luvinhubby for helping resolving my ABS issue. In spite of the very heavy rain, I got great service. More grease to your elbow.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by otabuko(m): 3:27pm On Jun 24, 2020
debowale2015:
Good evening Mr Luvinghubby (Pastor) and other house members

please, I want you to help in elightning me on 'Spark Plug' issues. My car is an Honda Accord 2002 model.

A major issues I have with mechanics who had worked on my car is this spark plug issues. I was told to buy new plugs, NGK for #6,000 and immediately the plugs was put into my car engine, I knew it wasn't strong enough because my car vibration increased unnecessarily after putting on the AC. That plugs lasted just two and half months before misfires started on two cylinders of the engine car.

Now, he said I should get tokunbo plug, I did and now my car started having 'hard starting' issues.

what should I do? should I order plugs online maybe from jumia? I have suffered plugs issues too much from lies mechanics tells me.
NGK should be 500 each. Your mechanic na criminal oh!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Carfreak966: 5:38pm On Jun 24, 2020
luvinhubby:

Send me an SMS or whatsapp chat - 08099451504

Luvinghubby na correct gee. I bombard am with questions on Sunday and he still had time to reply me. This guy and tpound are here to do business. Abeg make we patronize them

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:13pm On Jun 24, 2020
otabuko:
NGK should be 500 each. Your mechanic na criminal oh!
NGK has lead, platinum and iridium plugs and their prices varies

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Rahym001(m): 8:00pm On Jun 24, 2020
luvinhubby:

NGK has lead, platinum and iridium plugs and their prices varies
abeg enlighten us,

which is the best and how do u identify them

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 9:15pm On Jun 24, 2020
Rahym001:
abeg enlighten us,

which is the best and how do u identify them

Refers to the different materials the spark plug electrodes are made of.

Iridium is the best and most expensive. It has the slowest wear rate and lasts for as long as 100,000 miles, provided you bought the original NGK. On inspection, it has a very narrow-tipped electrode (almost like the tip of a pen).

Note: There are also different specs of NGK iridium spark plugs. For instance, for the k24 and K20 engines, the OEM is izfr6k-11 laser iridium NGK spark plug.
There is the izfr6k-11s and others. Check your owners manual to be sure you are using the right spark plug.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by TPound(m): 12:40am On Jun 25, 2020
Carfreak966:

Luvinghubby na correct gee. I bombard am with questions on Sunday and he still had time to reply me. This guy and tpound are here to do business. Abeg make we patronize them

Thanks for your kind words chief... God bless you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nameflow(m): 12:33pm On Jun 25, 2020
Good afternoon guys, I'm in the process of getting a Nigerian used Honda accord 2007. Is the 2.4l 4 cylinder version better than the 3.0l v6 Version? Which is better for a first time car owner.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Carfreak966: 12:36pm On Jun 25, 2020
Nameflow:
Good afternoon guys, I'm in the process of getting a Nigerian used Honda accord 2007. Is the 2.4l 4 cylinder version better than the 3.0l v6 Version? Which is better for a first time car owner.

People say four plugs own no day give wahala. That d 6 plugs gives issues more on engine

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by holina: 2:50pm On Jun 25, 2020
BEEN FOLLOWING FROM PAGE 1. NOTICE LESS COMPLAINTS ON HONDA CRV

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:27pm On Jun 25, 2020
Nameflow:

4 cylinder

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Lee99: 11:25pm On Jun 25, 2020
Good evening house, please I'm having some issues with my 05 EOD V6, I was driving out of my estate and as soon as i hit the express my car made a grinding sound and went off, prior to that it makes a click sound when i try to start it and i learned thats from the kick starter, it also does some hard starting, also before this i got new plugs and serviced my nozzles, so after the noise and going off the car would start but won't idle, it would go off unless I step on the throttle and it does this brake and quench which it wasn't doing before the noise that fateful day. After starting it I also noticed the sound of the engine changed, it became louder and has this sort of grinding noise. My mechanic said it was my oil pump that it wasn't pumping oil, but the oil indicator on the dashboard isn't coming up, the car is not overheating and the temperature is normal, please what could be the cause of this because the car was normal apart from the kick starter issue i knew it was developing. Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Lee99: 11:50pm On Jun 26, 2020
Lee99:
Good evening house, please I'm having some issues with my 05 EOD V6, I was driving out of my estate and as soon as i hit the express my car made a grinding sound and went off, prior to that it makes a click sound when i try to start it and i learned thats from the kick starter, it also does some hard starting, also before this i got new plugs and serviced my nozzles, so after the noise and going off the car would start but won't idle, it would go off unless I step on the throttle and it does this brake and quench which it wasn't doing before the noise that fateful day. After starting it I also noticed the sound of the engine changed, it became louder and has this sort of grinding noise. My mechanic said it was my oil pump that it wasn't pumping oil, but the oil indicator on the dashboard isn't coming up, the car is not overheating and the temperature is normal, please what could be the cause of this because the car was normal apart from the kick starter issue i knew it was developing. Thank you
@luvinhubby
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Carfreak966: 12:39am On Jun 27, 2020
holina:
BEEN FOLLOWING FROM PAGE 1. NOTICE LESS COMPLAINTS ON HONDA CRV

Because the professionals have refused to answer most people questions
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jgbemson1: 10:36pm On Jun 27, 2020
please how much is backlight for honda accord 2005
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by PhardFarm: 10:37pm On Jun 27, 2020
Good evening house, please Op what's the cost of brain box for Accord 08?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Preator: 10:50pm On Jun 27, 2020
My CRV 08 instrument display panel started going haywire last week. Took it to a rewire but the guy said he doesn't understand what is wrong. He checked all the fuse (supposedly) and said they are all fine. Now i can read my fuel guage, engine temp etc. Pix attached. Please come to my aid.

Cc @luvinhubby

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 4:36am On Jun 28, 2020
Lee99:

Do you have any oil light showing on your dashboard while driving?

Is the car cranking at all or just will not start?

Could be timing belt or a failed oil pump.

Can equally do a scan.

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.