Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (892457 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Godstime234: 1:15am On Feb 19, 2021
Am buying honda EOD today for Uber and personal use.. is it a good deal?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 6:34am On Feb 19, 2021
My AC chill very well in the morning and night only.
But afternoon under the sun even when you increase it, is still hot.
Please any advice to fix this AC to start chilling in the afternoon.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Structuralman: 7:29am On Feb 19, 2021
roughdiamond:
My car (Honda Accord 2006) was over heating, so I took it to one mechanic who specialized on Hondas only. First, he said it was Themostat and should be removed. It was done but the problem continued. Next, he said that the fan was not working. I bought a new fan and replaced but the problem continued still. I went back and this time, he said that the top gasket had burnt and should be changed. I dropped the car with him and it was changed. But the problem continued, I went back and he discovered that the radiator cover was bad, which I changed before leaving the village. But I found out after changing the top gasket that check engine light appeared on the dashboard. I went to the mechanic village and was directed to one electrician who scanned the car. After the scan, he didn't tell me anything but told his boys to loose the sensor. I got angry and told them to close my bonet and went home. Later changed my oil but found out that oil life reads 15%. Could the sensor really be bad? I need an advice because I don't have more money to waste. The car is in the East.

As per the overheating issue, is your radiator single cell or double cell??
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by roughdiamond(m): 8:02am On Feb 19, 2021
Structuralman:

As per the overheating issue, is your radiator single cell or double cell??
Single cell
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Structuralman: 8:20am On Feb 19, 2021
roughdiamond:
Single cell

That's where the overheating problem is coming from. Replace it with a double cell radiator and the overheating will stop.
Regards.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Peppermintflav: 11:51am On Feb 19, 2021
uncle005:
My AC chill very well in the morning and night only.
But afternoon under the sun even when you increase it, is still hot.
Please any advice to fix this AC to start chilling in the afternoon.
A number of things might cause this problem.
1 The system might be low on gas
2 Check your radiator fan if they are blowing well. By well I mean turning the right direction and if it has speed.
What's your car make and model?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 12:47pm On Feb 19, 2021
Structuralman:

[s]That's where the overheating problem is coming from. Replace it with a double cell radiator and the overheating will stop.
Regards[/s].
Wrong assertion.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Stanleyallen17(m): 1:36pm On Feb 19, 2021
Structuralman:

That's where the overheating problem is coming from. Replace it with a double cell radiator and the overheating will stop.
Regards.

This is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Stanleyallen17(m): 1:39pm On Feb 19, 2021
Structuralman:

Regards.

This is wrong.
The mechanic should be able to check all the flow line for leakage and also for stall thermostat. If in good condition then some other test can come in.
Better still change mechanic.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Debosneh31(m): 3:31pm On Feb 19, 2021
Stanleyallen17:

This is wrong.
The mechanic should be able to check all the flow line for leakage and also for stall thermostat. If in good condition then some other test can come in.
Better still change mechanic.

Well, my honda civic had similar overheating problems, but since I changed to double cell, no more overheating

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Stanleyallen17(m): 4:41pm On Feb 19, 2021
Debosneh31:

Well, my honda civic had similar overheating problems, but since I changed to double cell, no more overheating
Maybe your radiator was clogged.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by femarse: 10:18am On Feb 20, 2021
pls my Honda baby boy auto used to move between gear 1 to 2 under 2 rpm but now the rpm get to 3 before the gear move from 1 to 2 ...what can be the problem? what gear oil is recommended
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 20, 2021
Peppermintflav:

A number of things might cause this problem.
1 The system might be low on gas
2 Check your radiator fan if they are blowing well. By well I mean turning the right direction and if it has speed.
What's your car make and model?
DC 2007. Topped gas in December 2019 when i replaced compressor with 2 small can of gas , since then i have never experience chilling during hot afternoon, but chilling in the morning and night is out of this world.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ksmart027(m): 12:46pm On Feb 20, 2021
uncle005:
DC 2007. Topped gas in December 2019 when i replaced compressor with 2 small can of gas , since then i have never experience chilling during hot afternoon, but chilling in the morning and night is out of this world.
Did you vaccum the system when refilling?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Peppermintflav: 4:08pm On Feb 20, 2021
uncle005:
Just take it to an AC tech to check the gas level it might be low. Secondly check your condenser if the fins are still straight and allows air to pass through. If your condenser is not cooling properly the AC will not chill in hot weather.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 20, 2021
ksmart027:

Did you vaccum the system when refilling?
Affirmative
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 20, 2021
Peppermintflav:

Just take it to an AC tech to check the gas level it might be low. Secondly check your condenser if the fins are still straight and allows air to pass through. If your condenser is not cooling properly the AC will not chill in hot weather.
Thanks bro, will try that on Monday
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kaze4blues(m): 1:29pm On Feb 22, 2021
My Honda accord 2006 steering vibrates when I press the brake while driving at speed above 100km/hr.

I changed the brake pads one month ago.

Please help.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by damlawrence101: 1:35pm On Feb 22, 2021
Hello house my 2005 honda accord bring out white smoke from the exhaust
Hope my engine is not bad?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Peppermintflav: 3:08pm On Feb 22, 2021
kaze4blues:
My Honda accord 2006 steering vibrates when I press the brake while driving at speed above 100km/hr.

I changed the brake pads one month ago.

Please help.
Change the brake discs

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by quam7: 5:27pm On Feb 22, 2021
This post is very informative for those who want to purchase a car.
Maintaining the honda brand of cars in market now are very simple.
Every mins on the express, you see an honda accord by the side with a bent tyres.
The best way of maintaining is by buying Tokunbo spare parts for your honda car and you're good to go.
There are also ways of knowing more about cars and also making lots and lots of money from car sales even if you dont know much about cars...and the best part?... participation is 100% FREE...

I will be taking a WhatsApp session tonight....to join immediately....you can contact me on WhatsApp: 08102802348
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kaze4blues(m): 6:28pm On Feb 23, 2021
Peppermintflav:

Change the brake discs

Front or rear? Which is likely to be worn out?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Peppermintflav: 6:34pm On Feb 23, 2021
kaze4blues:

Front or rear? Which is likely to be worn out?
Front

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GreekDon: 11:29am On Feb 24, 2021
roughdiamond:
My car (Honda Accord 2006) was over heating, so I took it to one mechanic who specialized on Hondas only. First, he said it was Themostat and should be removed. It was done but the problem continued. Next, he said that the fan was not working. I bought a new fan and replaced but the problem continued still. I went back and this time, he said that the top gasket had burnt and should be changed. I dropped the car with him and it was changed. But the problem continued, I went back and he discovered that the radiator cover was bad, which I changed before leaving the village. But I found out after changing the top gasket that check engine light appeared on the dashboard. I went to the mechanic village and was directed to one electrician who scanned the car. After the scan, he didn't tell me anything but told his boys to loose the sensor. I got angry and told them to close my bonet and went home. Later changed my oil but found out that oil life reads 15%. Could the sensor really be bad? I need an advice because I don't have more money to waste. The car is in the East.

I'm sorry you had to pass through this. But I think this issue has been discussed several times here. Deleting you thermostat is NEVER the solution when your engine overheats. Find the root cause. Imagine deleting your factory fitted thermostat, to changing your fans, to working on the top gasket...and at the end issue is still unresolved.

Meanwhile, problem could be a leaking hose, or worn out radiator, to failing radiator cap etc.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by an0daGuy: 4:12am On Feb 28, 2021
femarse:
pls my Honda baby boy auto used to move between gear 1 to 2 under 2 rpm but now the rpm get to 3 before the gear move from 1 to 2 ...what can be the problem? what gear oil is recommended

It might be that your gears are slipping due to worn out gearbox oil. Maybe it’s high time you changed your gearbox oil (with the recommended type) and also clean the solenoids on the gearbox at the same time.

If that doesn’t work then scan the gearbox for codes.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by och12(m): 12:24am On Mar 01, 2021
I bless the day I stumbled on this thread, I have some knowledge about Honda cars now even without owning one. grin

Please I need advice guys, I'm planning on buying a Nigerian used Honda Civic 2007/08 , and would like to know the critical areas to check when inspecting, along with a mechanic. It's my first car so I'm trying to be very careful.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by SpeedRacer(m): 7:28pm On Mar 02, 2021
Peppermintflav:

I think I'm having this condenser issue , because the way my ac works is really weird .
Secondly since I replaced my evaporator after getting virus the car doesn't seal up like before.
Outside air gets in and when I'm driving through a place or If there's smoking car ahead of me I will perceive it in the cabin.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Erums(m): 11:36pm On Mar 02, 2021
och12:
I bless the day I stumbled on this thread, I have some knowledge about Honda cars now even without owning one. grin

Please I need advice guys, I'm planning on buying a Nigerian used Honda Civic 2007/08 , and would like to know the critical areas to check when inspecting, along with a mechanic. It's my first car so I'm trying to be very careful.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello bro, pls can u guide my on this.. Im in the same shoes as u... My first car.. Pls ts de budget range for this
? Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by NaijautoDotCom(m): 5:36am On Mar 03, 2021
You can discover more on how to maintain the Honda Accord in the right way here: https://naijauto.com//car-maintenance/tips-on-how-to-maintain-used-honda-accord-3298
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Peterlove11: 8:44am On Mar 03, 2021
Please House, does coolant have effect on a car mileage? The reason am asking is because I discovered after adding coolant to my radiator for the first time in January, since then have noticed appreciable increase(improvement) in mileage, infact my car breathes better, covers the same distance with almost half the same litres. Am trying to know what I did right that could cause that significant increase in mileage. Before my Honda pilot covers about 65miles with 30litres, now the same 30litres gives roughly 100miles(this is only city driving with frequent stop and go)
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by och12(m): 7:04pm On Mar 03, 2021
Erums:

Hello bro, pls can u guide my on this.. Im in the same shoes as u... My first car.. Pls ts de budget range for this
? Thanks

There is a truckload of information about cars here, just research the Auto section widely.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Erums(m): 7:07pm On Mar 03, 2021
och12:

There is a truckload of information about cars here, just research the Auto section widely.

Ok i will.. Appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.