Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (891768 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 1:41pm On Apr 11, 2021
Godstime234:
Can brain box be repaired. A.c water got mine spoilt. And I don't have 30k to buy another one. Can I repairt it and it will be ok ?

Save up for another ecu.
NB: ecus can be repaired but I doubt it can be done here.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Godstime234: 7:03pm On Apr 11, 2021
Like how much can I get one. I heard 40k but I don't have up to that
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kingdemu: 11:13pm On Apr 11, 2021
Godstime234:
Like how much can I get one. I heard 40k but I don't have up to that
Sell the car and buy okada. When God blesses you with enough money that you have spare for car maintenance, you buy a car. But for now, get a bike.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 11:31pm On Apr 11, 2021
Godstime234:
Can brain box be repaired. A.c water got mine spoilt. And I don't have 30k to buy another one. Can I repairt it and it will be ok ?
no, not reliably
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Godstime234: 4:00am On Apr 12, 2021
Kingdemu:
Sell the car and buy okada. When God blesses you with enough money that you have spare for car maintenance, you buy a car. But for now, get a bike.

Can you see how foolish you are with your statement

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tallest01(m): 6:23am On Apr 12, 2021
Hello house..Please I want to ask. My EOD while on D doesn't enter gear 4 while on speed but I noticed when I shift it to D3, it accelerates normally. Is there any implication on using D3.
Thanks with anyone with response.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kingdemu: 11:34am On Apr 12, 2021
Godstime234:

Can you see how foolish you are with your statement
I knew my comment won't go down well with you but that's a sincere advice there. If you can't afford a paltry 30k for ecu swap, what will now happen should the car suddenly require a gearbox replacement? No be by force to drive oo. No be by force to move with the crowd while u dey suffer inwardly. Now las las na your chop money you go use or you'll be forced to go and borrow money just to buy the ecu.. Always cut your coat according to your size bro..

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by 18wheeler: 1:31pm On Apr 12, 2021
Good day Honda lovers
I need to replace some parts in my accord, a 2016 v6:
-rear shock absorbers
-break pads for all wheels
Also need the recommended engine oil or any perfect substitute for oil change. Anybody with info on prices and reliable source to get them, I'll very much appreciate.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by steevy(m): 2:26pm On Apr 12, 2021
osato45:
asides changing to 5w30, let you or your mechanic check for oil leaks under the hood of your car, could be one or two oil seals are bad or 17mm drain plug doesn't cap properly.
How many months do you take before servicing?

Checked. All good. Not one leak. I service every 6 months.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by steevy(m): 2:27pm On Apr 12, 2021
luvinhubby:

Engine oil is being burnt in your engine.
Any smoke emission?

Nope.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by steevy(m): 2:28pm On Apr 12, 2021
NobleEngineer:
pls wait for professional answers before going ahead with the oil change. my small opinion says don't do it...and I think oil shortage before next service is common. avoid the 20W50 at all cost unless otherwise professionally advised by a professional professional if u know what I mean grin

I decided to continue using the oil I use. As I noticed the shortage happens almost before service is due. Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 3:48pm On Apr 12, 2021
18wheeler:
Good day Honda lovers
-rear shock absorbers
-break pads for all wheels
Also need the recommended engine oil or any perfect substitute for oil change. Anybody with info on prices and reliable source to get them, I'll very much appreciate.

2016 Accord?

Recommended engine oil is 0W20 Full Synthetic, preferably the Honda brand.

Budget N55k for other parts
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by 18wheeler: 6:10pm On Apr 12, 2021
luvinhubby:

2016 Accord?
Recommended engine oil is 0W20 Full Synthetic, preferably the Honda brand.
Budget N55k for other parts
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by osato45: 9:22pm On Apr 12, 2021
steevy:

Checked. All good. Not one leak. I service every 6 months.
hmm okay the try out 5w30 first and reduce your service interval to 3months at best
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by PrinceDave001(m): 10:59pm On Apr 12, 2021
Hello Honda fam, please how reliable is Honda accord 2007(DC)? Is it a good buy?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dicksonadams(m): 1:50pm On Apr 13, 2021
PrinceDave001:
Hello Honda fam, please how reliable is Honda accord 2007(DC)? Is it a good buy?

Good, do periodic ball joint repair checks, use Honda DW1 fluid for gear and use genuine honda power steering fluid and you good to go.

Abuse the above and you will pay dearly

7 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Structuralman: 1:59pm On Apr 13, 2021
luvinhubby:

4,500 per liter can

How many litres of DW1 transmission oil is required for EOD?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 2:47pm On Apr 13, 2021
18wheeler:
Good day Honda lovers

-rear shock absorbers monroe rear shocks $151.26 each 2 year warranty http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=MON&partNumber=72984

-break pads for all wheels front Carquest gold ceramic brake pads $55.08, rear $43.2 2 year warranties http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=WVR&partNumber=GNAD1451
http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=WVR&partNumber=NAD1451

Also need the recommended engine oil or any perfect substitute for oil change. Carquest/Fram synthetic 0w20 engine oil 5qt $41.96,
http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=FRO&partNumber=F900-5QT

Or

Mobil 1 0w20 $58.99
http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=MOB&partNumber=44967

Carquest premium oil filter $3.99
http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=RFI&partNumber=R84356MP

Current exchange rate N480/1

Anybody with info on prices and reliable source to get them, I'll very much appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Namzy(m): 3:10pm On Apr 13, 2021
Engrjamjam:
[s][/s] Shut up
??
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dadabashua1(m): 3:34pm On Apr 13, 2021
PrinceDave001:
dicksonadams has said it all,I've used it before one of the most reliable I've ever used,very comfortable even on high speed,good acceleration even as a 4 cylinder,the i-VTEC engine maximizes the 166HP that comes with it,give It what it asked for and it will serve you well,the AC also makes a lot of sense.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by agoodman(m): 8:23am On Apr 18, 2021
Hi Nairalanders

I just got a naija used 2006 Honda Accord and it's my first car. I took it to a mechanic to service it and he removed the thermostat telling me it will spoil the engine. I want to know if that is the right thing to do or it's not.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by drakeskull(m): 8:30am On Apr 18, 2021
agoodman:
Hi Nairalanders

I just got a naija used 2006 Honda Accord and it's my first car. I took it to a mechanic to service it and he removed the thermostat telling me it will spoil the engine. I want to know if that is the right thing to do or it's not.

Why e no spoil the engine for the previous user? Go back, collect your thermostat, change mechanic and return the thermostat. Ensure the thermostat works. Don't ever return to that engine killing mechanic

12 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dadabashua1(m): 8:34am On Apr 18, 2021
The way some of this mechanics are destroying people's car its alarming,after destroying it they will still be the ones to be saying don't buy this car don't buy that car is a bad car...SMH,just imagine removing thermostat all in the name of it will spoil this engine...kaiii God help car owners in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 18, 2021
drakeskull:

Why e no spoil the engine for the previous user? Go back, collect your thermostat, change mechanic and return the thermostat. Ensure the thermostat works. Don't ever return to that engine killing mechanic
You took the words out of my mouth.

Car was used abroad with thermostat, engine didn’t spoil.
Used in Naija before being sold to you with thermostat, engine didn’t spoil.
When it gets to your turn it should be removed cos it will spoil engine.
agoodman think about it.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by agoodman(m): 2:52pm On Apr 18, 2021
drakeskull:

Thank you and God bless. Going there first thing tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by agoodman(m): 1:39pm On Apr 19, 2021
Hi Nairalanders

I got my thermostat back and it's been fixed but I noticed that the two fans were joined together and they both start immediately the car is started. Is that right?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by drakeskull(m): 1:42pm On Apr 19, 2021
Not right.
Get a good rewire to correct that or the person that fixed the thermostat would know better
agoodman:
Hi Nairalanders

I got my thermostat back and it's been fixed but I noticed that the two fans were joined together and they both start immediately the car is started. Is that right?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Afuye1(m): 2:10pm On Apr 19, 2021
How much is tokunbo front shock absorber for EOD?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GeneralB: 6:30pm On Apr 20, 2021
Pleasant greetings to all my Honda Gurus in the house.
Please l need help with my 2005 manual transmission EOD. I top up engine oil like it's petrol. I've changed several Engine oils to no avail my mechanic insists on ringing but l don't like the idea of ringing.
I also want to know the price of A.C Compressor for EOD.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Wilson5183(m): 6:42pm On Apr 20, 2021
Guy I observe my Honda CRV tyres are scratching the body of car when I carry load. Please advice me on what to do. Should I change the shock absorber or should I increase the spring.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Wilson5183(m): 6:44pm On Apr 20, 2021
I also observe that my CRV 2004 rear tyres are not straight, dey look bend. Please advice me on what to to. I want the tyre to be straight.

I need a good mechanic to help me do it. If possible share his contact with me. I based in Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.