Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (892940 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by frebor(m): 1:42pm On Jul 27, 2021
Hedonini:
Please who can tell me what this symbol means? I noticed it yesterday on my dash...

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 27, 2021
[quote author=frebor post=104148443][/quote]

Thanks, but I'm still a bit lost.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 3:46pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ephort:
Hey guys. I recently bought a 2003 Honda Accord (EOD) and would love to change the fluids starting from the engine oil. Can anybody advise on where I can get a good Honda 5w20 engine oil in Abuja? Thank you.

Chat me up 07034581213.
I stock genuine car oils and fluids.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by frebor(m): 5:38pm On Jul 27, 2021
Hedonini:

Thanks, but I'm still a bit lost.

Find yourself รณ abeg.

The black knob

Control

Brightness

Ina

Dashboard

For night.

The symbol is and always will be there.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 4:08am On Jul 28, 2021
luvinhubby:

It's N3,000 per liter can currently, US inflation things.
that price will buy a good conventional oil. What has Nigeria become?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 4:10am On Jul 28, 2021
mejai:

Never mind! Shebi we r used to such
therein lies the problem
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Afuye1(m): 7:19pm On Jul 28, 2021
Pls are there Honda Accord 2003-2005 models that are hybrids?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:54pm On Jul 28, 2021
Afuye1:
Pls are there Honda Accord 2003-2005 models that are hybrids?

Yes, mainly V6

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 8:00pm On Jul 28, 2021
temi4fash:

No sir... Autocorrect

Please I noticed the Battery light of my Car take a long time before going off and when it does the sound of my car engine changes. More like its taking time to come up. Happens sometimes not all the time. What could be wrong?

Also, there is been a lot of noise when am driving my car. I have changed the bearing for the hub and still same. What could be wrong?

Please how much is original leakage and shock absorber for Honda City 2007.

Thanks

This suggests your alternator is not charging your battery as it should. Like it's been suggested already, I agree you should replace the alternator to avoid getting stranded one day.

You must first listen for where the noise is coming from (front right/left or rear right/left, engine bay etc) and when the noise occurs (e.g. when climbing a speed breaker, when turning steering etc). The information will be useful in determining the most likely cause.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ak22(m): 9:26pm On Jul 28, 2021
yak:

Personally, I like the smart look of Civic.
I may consider a Nigerian used 05 Civic when I'm ready.

Go for 06
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ak22(m): 9:30pm On Jul 28, 2021
My 06 Civic is doing 470km for full tank.
Is it normal ?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by yak(m): 10:46pm On Jul 28, 2021
ak22:

Go for 06

Any reason for this suggestion?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by drakeskull(m): 11:36pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hedonini:
Please who can tell me what this symbol means? I noticed it yesterday on my dash...

Looks more like cruise control indicator
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by souldeep(m): 6:37am On Jul 29, 2021
Please is a 2012 Honda civic a good car (repair cost & reliability) as I intend buying one mainly because of its great fuel economy.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by temi4fash(m): 8:39am On Jul 29, 2021
nas00:

This suggests your alternator is not charging your battery as it should. Like it's been suggested already, I agree you should replace the alternator to avoid getting stranded one day.

You must first listen for where the noise is coming from (front right/left or rear right/left, engine bay etc) and when the noise occurs (e.g. when climbing a speed breaker, when turning steering etc). The information will be useful in determining the most likely cause.

Thanks Boss.

This is noted
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Peppermintflav: 4:12am On Jul 30, 2021
ak22:
My 06 Civic is doing 470km for full tank.
Is it normal ?
How many litres is your full tank?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ak22(m): 9:12am On Jul 30, 2021
Peppermintflav:

How many litres is your full tank?

50 lts
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Peppermintflav: 9:45am On Jul 30, 2021
ak22:

50 lts
It's very ok

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ak22(m): 1:12pm On Jul 30, 2021
Peppermintflav:

It's very ok

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by NuvioProcure(f): 5:04pm On Jul 31, 2021
Good evening guys

Please i am having problem with my Honda accord 2005

When i apply sharp brake i hear a drum sound from my rear

Please what could be wrong?

My brake applies just that
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Eldemmi(m): 10:15pm On Jul 31, 2021
luvinhubby:

It's N3,000 per liter can currently, US inflation things.

What is the recommended mileage to drain this oil.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by berbs112(m): 1:49am On Aug 01, 2021
I have 03 Accord. Recently I noticed some noise from the driver side front wheel, I checked in with my mechanic and he advised I changed the Hob, I did that, two days later I same noise was coming from the owner side front wheel, I checked with the mechanic, he drove the car himself and went to check the alignment, when he got back, he told me I have to change the lower arm which I did also but the noise still persists. I decided the vehicle won't kill me lol. The next day I was leaving the house when my vehicle started struggling to move with some cracking and grinding sound from the owner side front wheel, but moved normal after a while, I went to the mechanic immediately which is not far from where I live. He confirmed to me that the shaft head (cup) needs to be replaced, I did that too lol. Once completed and paid him, I was about to move same thing still happened, he said the only thing that could still be causing that will be the hob for the owner side which was fixed and the noise and movement was normal.

My point :

I am having this grinding and cracking kind of noise from the back wheel gradually just yesterday evening. What could be the cause. I need advise before deciding to visit this mechanic again. I don't joke with my vehicle wheels.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by carlvon65: 2:52pm On Aug 01, 2021
Pls I need help on my honda pilot 2004 model.
Sometimes the pedal does not respond to acceleration while driving. But throttle again or thrice it will respond. Then I have to throttle continuously for about 5 to 10km before the acceleration will normalize. I have changed transmission oil (using original honda Atf), engine oil, plugs, cleaned nozzles; yet the problem still persist( though doesn't happen all the time). I've really spent gud money but the prob still persists. Any suggestions/soln will be highly appreciated.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 3:57pm On Aug 01, 2021
carlvon65:
Sometimes the pedal does not respond to acceleration while driving. But throttle again or thrice it will respond. Then I have to throttle continuously for about 5 to 10km before the acceleration will normalize. I have changed transmission oil (using original honda Atf), engine oil, plugs, cleaned nozzles; yet the problem still persist( though doesn't happen all the time). I've really spent gud money but the prob still persists. Any suggestions/soln will be highly appreciated.

Carry the vehicle to an experienced auto electrician and scan the vehicle. The codes that pops up will indicate the likely cause
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Peterlove11: 6:17pm On Aug 01, 2021
carlvon65:

the first solution is scanning the car. Then you move from their.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 7:12pm On Aug 01, 2021
berbs112:
I have 03 Accord. Recently I noticed some noise from the driver side front wheel, I checked in with my mechanic and he advised I changed the Hob, I did that, two days later I same noise was coming from the owner side front wheel, I checked with the mechanic, he drove the car himself and went to check the alignment, when he got back, he told me I have to change the lower arm which I did also but the noise still persists. I decided the vehicle won't kill me lol. The next day I was leaving the house when my vehicle started struggling to move with some cracking and grinding sound from the owner side front wheel, but moved normal after a while, I went to the mechanic immediately which is not far from where I live. He confirmed to me that the shaft head (cup) needs to be replaced, I did that too lol. Once completed and paid him, I was about to move same thing still happened, he said the only thing that could still be causing that will be the hob for the owner side which was fixed and the noise and movement was normal.

My point :

I am having this grinding and cracking kind of noise from the back wheel gradually just yesterday evening. What could be the cause. I need advise before deciding to visit this mechanic again. I don't joke with my vehicle wheels.
What type of brake system does your car use? Disk or drums?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by berbs112(m): 8:05pm On Aug 01, 2021
I really don't know the difference oo lol. I know there is this shiny silver plate and there's this stuff that looks like piston inside as well.
Conner44:

What type of brake system does your car use? Disk or drums?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Djbush: 8:23pm On Aug 01, 2021
Hello house,

Pls what is the recommended battery capacity and also recommended engine oil for toks Honda Element '07.

I await your replies.

Many thanks in advance!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 8:57pm On Aug 01, 2021
berbs112:
I really don't know the difference oo lol. I know there is this shiny silver plate and there's this stuff that looks like piston inside as well.

I understand, is it the same thing you see when you look in the front wheel that is also at the back ones or does the back wheels own look different?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 9:00pm On Aug 01, 2021
Djbush:
Hello house,

Pls what is the recommended battery capacity and also recommended engine oil for toks Honda Element '07.

I await your replies.

Many thanks in advance!

70-80amps battery is okay and any 5w30 weight oil would be great

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olumzzz(m): 4:56am On Aug 02, 2021
berbs112:

My point :

Pls change your mechanic, inspect brake calipers
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by berbs112(m): 8:40am On Aug 02, 2021
Thank you. I will do that.
olumzzz:

olumzzz:

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.