Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (893939 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Phargbemmy(m): 12:03pm On Nov 13, 2021
Hello professionals @luvnhubby and co, please I noticed that my Honda civic 2006 feels heavy when the AC is on. AC is manual. Its slow when moving in traffic, but it is flying when the road is clear and it has space to speed. I noticed this is when the AC is on.

Please is this normal?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by SeyiJayden(m): 6:42pm On Nov 13, 2021
@luvnhubby please how much is 07/08 civic engine
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:47am On Nov 15, 2021
SeyiJayden:
@luvnhubby please how much is 07/08 civic engine

Send me a whatsapp chat on 08099451504
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ayomill62(m): 10:57am On Nov 15, 2021
Please I am told EOD gearbox is 170k. Uthman is lying right?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Phargbemmy(m): 1:08pm On Nov 15, 2021
House I greet,

Please Need an advice for a friend.

Bought a nija used Honda civic a month ago and has not gone long distance but drives everyday like 10km. He went to Lekki yesterday from Ipaja, first he noticed that the engine is usually hot when he got to Agungi( no coolant in the radiator, just water) and also this morning, maybe because of the over 154miles travelled he noticed that the engine shorts oil.

Here is his question sirs, @Gazzus,

1. Can the hot car engine cause his engine oil to evaporate? ( uses XHP Mobil 1000)

2. Can the coolant that is not in the radiator cause the engine to be hot but not overheating.

3. What can he do differently to prevent further harm to the engine ( engine steams well and does not smoke).

Elders in the game and professionals over to you.

@Dru
@luvnhubby
@Gazzuz
@kokomo
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by codeKart(m): 2:35pm On Nov 15, 2021
luvinhubby I hail o

How much for rear light of 2010 Crosstour? Can I buy just one?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by demolagilbert: 6:23pm On Nov 15, 2021
demolagilbert:
Any day anytime, Honda rocks. If you're looking to join the Honda owners club, there's one on my profile.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kokomo: 11:22am On Nov 16, 2021
Phargbemmy:
House I greet,

Please Need an advice for a friend.

Bought a nija used Honda civic a month ago and has not gone long distance but drives everyday like 10km. He went to Lekki yesterday from Ipaja, first he noticed that the engine is usually hot when he got to Agungi( no coolant in the radiator, just water) and also this morning, maybe because of the over 154miles travelled he noticed that the engine shorts oil.

Here is his question sirs, @Gazzus,

1. Can the hot car engine cause his engine oil to evaporate? ( uses XHP Mobil 1000)

2. Can the coolant that is not in the radiator cause the engine to be hot but not overheating.

3. What can he do differently to prevent further harm to the engine ( engine steams well and does not smoke).

Elders in the game and professionals over to you.

@Dru
@luvnhubby
@Gazzuz
@kokomo

1 using XHP Mobil 1000? well the engine is living on borrow time anyways, cause that is not the oil specified for that engine, however, you can make the best of it, making sure you change your oil on time (say evrey 2 and half month). Keep an extra bottle in your car in case you need to top up to correct oil level.

2. Can the coolant that is not in the radiator cause the engine to be hot but not overheating? Water has a better heat transfer quality than coolant though, but the mistake people make is tht they dont use distill water, they use tap water (corosive). Engine are meant to run at certain optimal temperature, so it isn't bad if you engine get hot after drivinng as long as it doesnt overheats. So keep your eye on the over temperture meter once in a while, you will be fine.

3. What can he do differently to prevent further harm to the engine ( engine steams well and does not smoke). Do what I stated in number 1 above. You can also revserse back to using Honda specified coolant rather than water.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kokomo: 11:23am On Nov 16, 2021
ayomill62:

In Buhari era it is gettting close to it

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 12:46pm On Nov 16, 2021
ayomill62:

N180,000

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by codeKart(m): 1:38pm On Nov 16, 2021
Bros luvinhubby,

How much for rear light of 2010 Crosstour? Can I buy just one?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Phargbemmy(m): 8:51pm On Nov 16, 2021
Kokomo:

1 using XHP Mobil 1000? well the engine is living on borrow time anyways, cause that is not the oil specified for that engine, however, you can make the best of it, making sure you change your oil on time (say evrey 2 and half month). Keep an extra bottle in your car in case you need to top up to correct oil level.

2. Can the coolant that is not in the radiator cause the engine to be hot but not overheating? Water has a better heat transfer quality than coolant though, but the mistake people make is tht they dont use distill water, they use tap water (corosive). Engine are meant to run at certain optimal temperature, so it isn't bad if you engine get hot after drivinng as long as it doesnt overheats. So keep your eye on the over temperture meter once in a while, you will be fine.

3. What can he do differently to prevent further harm to the engine ( engine steams well and does not smoke). Do what I stated in number 1 above. You can also revserse back to using Honda specified coolant rather than water.

Thanks baba.

He is asking if he can go back to the specified 5w-20 since he just got car naija used this October. Car 195k on it oddo metre
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Felakezman(m): 9:49pm On Nov 16, 2021
Pls house how much is steering pump of toyota camry 03 4plug and also lower arm
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kokomo: 7:21am On Nov 17, 2021
Phargbemmy:

Thanks baba.

He is asking if he can go back to the specified 5w-20 since he just got car naija used this October. Car 195k on it oddo metre

No

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Phargbemmy(m): 9:02am On Nov 17, 2021
Kokomo:

No

Thanks baba, he has vowed to be doing the service every month end as car will be running on Bolt/Uber. Also he will revert back to using the coolant.

He sends his appreciation.

Please he ask that which brand is the recommended coolant for Honda CIvic,he didn't want to make mistakes again
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by baba4thegehs: 10:21am On Nov 17, 2021
My Honda EOD Gear delays for 3-4 seconds when moved from Park to Drive.

I have changed the transmission oil twice but still same issues.

Just been managing it for a while now but I want to have it fixed.

Do I have to change the gearbox.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Structuralman: 11:55am On Nov 17, 2021
baba4thegehs:
My Honda EOD Gear delays for 3-4 seconds when moved from Park to Drive.

I have changed the transmission oil twice but still same issues.

Just been managing it for a while now but I want to have it fixed.

Do I have to change the gearbox.

Is the D light of your car blinking? What brand of ATF did you use to replace replace the transmission fluid?
What error codes did you get after scanning?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by baba4thegehs: 4:45pm On Nov 17, 2021
Structuralman:

Is the D light of your car blinking? What brand of ATF did you use to replace replace the transmission fluid?
What error codes did you get after scanning?

No Error codes and D light doesn't blink, i used Total Quartz 5000 the last time.

I
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:34pm On Nov 17, 2021
baba4thegehs:

No Error codes and D light doesn't blink, i used Total Quartz 5000 the last time.

I

Did you say you used Total Quartz for your transmission? shocked
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mashnino(m): 12:26am On Nov 18, 2021
luvinhubby:

Did you say you used Total Quartz for your transmission?

lmao... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kokomo: 7:20am On Nov 18, 2021
[quote author=baba4thegehs post=107710597]

I [/quote

that transmission don dey go bro
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 7:31am On Nov 18, 2021
If I were you , I will drain the fluid immediately and put the recommended. Drain and refill like 3 times if possible and hope for the best. Do not drive that car for now
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Zeal192: 11:22am On Nov 18, 2021
Hello guys, I am new to the honda world, I recently got a 2013 honda accord it was all good until recently the steering steers itself to the extreme end on the right immediately I turn on the engine. Please anyone with use tips and info on how this can be fixed would be highly appreciated.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by KINGSP(m): 1:15pm On Nov 19, 2021
[quote author=demolagilbert post=107649701][/quote] How do I join please? Add me 08134947873
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by KINGSP(m): 1:38pm On Nov 19, 2021
Eldemmi:

if you are in Ibadan I can give you a shiftsolenoid to test .
Please where in Ibadan Sir?...I could meet up with you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fizzle344: 1:54am On Nov 20, 2021
Hello gurus. My 2009 honda accord was having throttle body issue. I replaced it but the power is still high and it makes the car overheat.

Kindly advice on what to do pls.

@Dru
@luvnhubby
@Gazzuz
@kokomo
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 3:27am On Nov 20, 2021
fizzle344:
Hello gurus. My 2009 honda accord was having throttle body issue. I replaced it but the power is still high and it makes the car overheat.

@Dru
@luvnhubby
@Gazzuz
@kokomo

Hi!

I am guessing what you meant by 'power still high' is that the RPM stays high on idle. I think that can happen normally when you replace a throttle body UNTIL a natural 'relearn' process is completed, when the RPM returns to normal on its own.
Is it a drive-by-wire or wireless throttle body?

As for the overheating, look for a different cause. I am not sure high RPM from throttle body replacement should cause that. How high does your RPM go at idle presently??

Cheers!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 3:34am On Nov 20, 2021
fizzle344:

@Dru
@luvnhubby
@Gazzuz
@kokomo

Note that the problem might not be your throttle body per se. You might just have a dirty idle air control valve, which may leave you stuck with high RPMs. Removing the IACV --> disassembly --> careful cleaning --> re-assembly --> reinstalling is the way forward.

The relearn process will occur after a couple of days and you should be okay, if it is dirty IACV.

*The IACV is located beneath the throttle body. You might have to remove throttle body to access it.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Godswillu(m): 8:12am On Nov 20, 2021
Good morning,
I misplaced the key to my honda baby boy 1999. how do i go about it replacing the key
and the price range of replacing the key.

Kindly advice and also recommend.
@Dru
@luvnhubby
@Gazzuz
@kokomo
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fizzle344: 9:04am On Nov 20, 2021
The RPM gets to 2500 when i start the car.
It goes above 1000rpm when in Drive. If i put on the ac,it goes up to 1500rpm

nas00:

Hi!

I am guessing what you meant by 'power still high' is that the RPM stays high on idle. I think that can happen normally when you replace a throttle body UNTIL a natural 'relearn' process is completed, when the RPM returns to normal on its own.
Is it a drive-by-wire or wireless throttle body?

As for the overheating, look for a different cause. I am not sure high RPM from throttle body replacement should cause that. How high does your RPM go at idle presently??

Cheers!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 9:55am On Nov 20, 2021
fizzle344:
The RPM gets to 2500 when i start the car.
It goes above 1000rpm when in Drive. If i put on the ac,it goes up to 1500rpm

Okay.
For how many days has this RPM pattern been on?

How much have you been driving the car daily since you replaced throttle body?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fizzle344: 10:14am On Nov 20, 2021
Have driven the car for about 4days and its still like that. Am even going back to change the throttle body and see if there will be a change.

quote author=nas00 post=107790998]
Okay.
For how many days has this RPM pattern been on?

How much have you been driving the car daily since you replaced throttle body?[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.