Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (893442 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Structuralman: 4:56pm On Jan 07, 2022
kingston247:
guys please help...am trying to get a honda for taxify,am stuck between civic or accord...simple put,any affordable honda with year, for taxify.please help

Out of the two I would pick Civic.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 5:11pm On Jan 07, 2022
kasillars:
Hello house,
1. please which engine oil can u recommend for Honda pilot 03, used to use Mobile Xhp... But, it's become scarce and too many fake out there ... Is Hardex gold 5w-30 ok.. my mechanic recommends it
2. What could be the cause of VTM4 and VSC light showing on the dash board

The Mobil xhp that you usually use is it the one with blue cap? I guess hardex will be okay to use if you stick to your regular service pattern and regularly check your oil level in case of leaks or burning

Those vtm and vsc lights may be related to your suspension but scan to pinpoint the issue

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by graceyg(f): 6:26pm On Jan 07, 2022
Good evening All, please I need a good Honda mechanic around Ogba/Ojodu axis.
I am having issues with my gear and I was told to get a replacement.
But I was also warned about getting a refurbished one.Please if I can get a recommendation for a good mechanic,I will really appreciate
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Jamie1000: 8:00pm On Jan 07, 2022
Honda Accord v6
Who have an experience of the car. I want to know the pros and cons
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 8:16pm On Jan 07, 2022
Jamie1000:
Honda Accord v6
Who have an experience of the car. I want to know the pros and cons

Amazing vehicle, very quick very reliable so long as it's maintained and my God it's super silent. Mine sounds like an electric vehicle from inside the cabin and Fuel consumption is very ok so long as all catalytic converters and o2 sensors are functioning properly. The only con that bothers me personally is that it uses timing belt. Maybe because it's my first timing belt car but then again all honda v6 uses timing belt. The engine is an interference engine meaning that if your timing belt snaps the piston will hit the valve and the valve will bend. But hey like everything else timing belts have change intervals and they last as long as 5 to 7 years or 70k miles so long as you get the original. I enjoy mine and my preventive measure is for my mechanic to inspect my timing belt every 4 months

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 8:20pm On Jan 07, 2022
kasillars:
Hello house,
1. please which engine oil can u recommend for Honda pilot 03, used to use Mobile Xhp... But, it's become scarce and too many fake out there ... Is Hardex gold 5w-30 ok.. my mechanic recommends it

I personally dislike hardex oil but I guess it works for others . I'd rather go for coastal oil to be honest .

Vtm4 is referring to your axle . It could be bad or the fluid inside is low, empty or requires replacement. You need to get your mechanic to find out which. When my CRV had that light on, I found my self replacing the axle cos I never knew it uses fluid . Wasn't cheap.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 8:21pm On Jan 07, 2022
graceyg:
Good evening All, please I need a good Honda mechanic around Ogba/Ojodu axis.
I am having issues with my gear and I was told to get a replacement.
But I was also warned about getting a refurbished one.Please if I can get a recommendation for a good mechanic,I will really appreciate

May be best you reach out to luvinhubby for your peace of mind
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingston247: 8:49pm On Jan 07, 2022
[Ok thanks quote author=Dozieson post=109163119]

Honda civic 2007 is okay[/quote]
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Jamie1000: 9:30pm On Jan 07, 2022
Collione:

Amazing vehicle, very quick very reliable so long as it's maintained and my God it's super silent. Mine sounds like an electric vehicle from inside the cabin and Fuel consumption is very ok so long as all catalytic converters and o2 sensors are functioning properly. The only con that bothers me personally is that it uses timing belt. Maybe because it's my first timing belt car but then again all honda v6 uses timing belt. The engine is an interference engine meaning that if your timing belt snaps the piston will hit the valve and the valve will bend. But hey like everything else timing belts have change intervals and they last as long as 5 to 7 years or 70k miles so long as you get the original. I enjoy mine and my preventive measure is for my mechanic to inspect my timing belt every 4 months
I have hear a lot of stuff about oil consumption, misfire and transmission issue.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dadabashua1(m): 9:41pm On Jan 07, 2022
Jamie1000:

I have hear a lot of stuff about oil consumption, misfire and transmission issue.
may be you have to mention the year model you have in mind.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by graceyg(f): 10:38pm On Jan 07, 2022
Thank you,@luvinhubby please your attention Is needed author=Collione post=109172207]

May be best you reach out to luvinhubby for your peace of mind[/quote]
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by emadamysy: 7:31am On Jan 08, 2022
Collione:

May be best you reach out to luvinhubby for your peace of mind
Please do you have any idea of power steering cost for 08 accord , V4.
Mine has been making a lot of noise and was advised to change instead of repair
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:35am On Jan 08, 2022
emadamysy:
Please do you have any idea of power steering cost for 08 accord , V4.
Mine has been making a lot of noise and was advised to change instead of repair
New pump is N45,000, tokunbo is N25,000
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 8:37am On Jan 08, 2022
Jamie1000:

Oil consumption can happen even to 4 cylinder engines same as misfire and transmission issues. Just ensure you are getting a v6 from year 06 upward and use only honda dw1 genuine fluid from reliable sources. Avoid buying an abused vehicle.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Peppermintflav: 6:13pm On Jan 08, 2022
Peppermintflav:
Good day all and happy New year. My 98 crv after driving for about 30mins, and I off the engine, the reservoir container boils, an I'll be hearing hissing sound. When everything cools down, water in the radiator will reduce, and the reservoir will be empty.
I did a small test this morning. I left the radiotor open and started the engine, after about 5-10 minutes I saw bubbles like foam. Pls what is the meaning?

Cc Gazzuzz
Kingreign
Autologic

Other gurus in the house
I decided to start from easier fix.
I changed the radiator cap and everything seems normal now. I've driven the car in 20mins hold up, under hot sun, no hissing no temperature rise.

The old cap..

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2022
Peppermintflav:

I decided to start from easier fix.
I changed the radiator cap and everything seems normal now. I've driven the car in 20mins hold up, under hot sun, no hissing no temperature rise.

The old cap..

Congrats also check if the reservoir cover and the hose connection is good. Your radiator cover isn't looking so clean so I'm wondering how the inside may be. If it's having a clay colour I suggest flushing it after your test is done

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by CED1: 7:58pm On Jan 08, 2022
kasillars:
Hello house,

Hardex is good oil. But you need to share with us your vehicle millage and The API rating of that hardex. We need this to know it's suitability for your car
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Baker77: 11:21pm On Jan 08, 2022
Besto:

That's what it looks like.. Will snap from my car tomorrow.

They are very bright and well focused on the road.

Updated : looks on the car.

Please how can I get this for my Honda city
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by BoyiBernard(m): 6:49am On Jan 09, 2022
Hello House,
I just got this 2012 Accord Tokunbo(150,000 miles) and i will like to know
- Should i use 5W-20 or 5w-30(Is there a particular brand)
- Water or coolant?
- How often to change the ATF
- What is the best way to increase ground clearance as it seems very low for our roads
Thanks so much.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Besto(m): 7:35am On Jan 09, 2022
Baker77:

Please how can I get this for my Honda city

What year?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Baker77: 8:14am On Jan 09, 2022
Besto:

What year?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by HooxJnr(m): 10:54am On Jan 09, 2022
BoyiBernard:
Hello House,
- Water or coolant?
- What is the best way to increase ground clearance as it seems very low for our roads
Thanks so much.

Congratulations on this beast you just acquired. Believing God I will own one before the year runs out.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 11:47am On Jan 09, 2022
BoyiBernard:
Hello House,
- Water or coolant?
Thanks so much.

I tap from your blessings ooo. Very beautiful ride. Make God open way for me too make I buy this beat too.

So long as it's tokunbo you can use any. Yes 5w20 is recommended but 5w30 won't hurt it either. However please don't use substandard fluids. Use popular name brands with good API and dexos rating. Oils like mobile, liqui moly, Pennzoil, super tech, valvoline are very nice . Ensure you get it from a reliable source in order to avoid stories

Coolant is recommended get the OEM from luvinhubby.

If your routes aren't filled with bad roads and you vont carry load you can leave ity car is as high as yours However you can get bigger tyres if you Wana increase your clearance.

Id say you should change your transmission fluid every 2 years of you drive very frequently I. Order to keep it clean and lubricated. High temperature causes transmission fluids to oxidize quickly. The more it oxidizes the quicker it deteriorates

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by BoyiBernard(m): 8:26pm On Jan 09, 2022
Really appreciate this detailed guide.Praying for you to get yours too
Collione:

I tap from your blessings ooo. Very beautiful ride. Make God open way for me too make I buy this beat too.

So long as it's tokunbo you can use any. Yes 5w20 is recommended but 5w30 won't hurt it either. However please don't use substandard fluids. Use popular name brands with good API and dexos rating. Oils like mobile, liqui moly, Pennzoil, super tech, valvoline are very nice . Ensure you get it from a reliable source in order to avoid stories

Coolant is recommended get the OEM from luvinhubby.

If your routes aren't filled with bad roads and you vont carry load you can leave ity car is as high as yours However you can get bigger tyres if you Wana increase your clearance.

Id say you should change your transmission fluid every 2 years of you drive very frequently I. Order to keep it clean and lubricated. High temperature causes transmission fluids to oxidize quickly. The more it oxidizes the quicker it deteriorates
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by BoyiBernard(m): 8:27pm On Jan 09, 2022
Thanks.Yours will become a reality too
HooxJnr:

Congratulations on this beast you just acquired. Believing God I will own one before the year runs out.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Originakalokalo(m): 9:05pm On Jan 09, 2022
Please help me.

After driving a while,I sense heat from under the steering down to the pedal area...

Car is Honda Accord DC 2007.

What can be done please?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by souldeep(m): 9:17pm On Jan 09, 2022
I think that should be from the bottom ac vent. Check if ur ac temperature control is turned to the heater side.
Originakalokalo:
Please help me.

After driving a while,I sense heat from under the steering down to the pedal area...

Car is Honda Accord DC 2007.

What can be done please?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Besto(m): 9:18pm On Jan 09, 2022
Baker77:

search for sinolyn bi-led projector on Aliexpress
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Originakalokalo(m): 10:00pm On Jan 09, 2022
souldeep:
I think that should be from the bottom ac vent. Check if ur ac temperature control is turned to the heater side.

Thanks for your response sir.

Do you mean turned to the red side?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by souldeep(m): 10:20pm On Jan 09, 2022
Yes. Try turning to the blue side and see if there's a difference
Originakalokalo:

Thanks for your response sir.

Do you mean turned to the red side?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Originakalokalo(m): 10:22pm On Jan 09, 2022
souldeep:
Yes. Try turning to the blue side and see if there's a difference

Thank you sir.

I will check it.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ernesttoby30: 10:43pm On Jan 09, 2022
Collione:

Please i want to change my Honda civic 2007 tyres to bigger size since the car is too down. I've even lifted it a little but i can't still climb bomb or drive in a rough road in peace. Car is still down. Please what size of tyre would you recommend for me.

Current size is 205/55/16R Thanks in anticipation

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.