Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (892888 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by KelvinCoaster(m): 3:10pm On Jan 15, 2022
Originakalokalo:

Okay.

Thank you.

I appreciate

You're welcome!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by CarrilT(m): 8:07pm On Jan 16, 2022
Happy Sunday peeps..
So I drive an Acura TSX 2004 model. I believe it's same has an Honda engine.
Had engine light and VSA come on.
I suddenly feel a small bop and all of a sudden the car doesn't respond well or slowly to acceleration making it slower to shift in lower gear levels.
I gave it to my mecho to fix. He claimed it was one of the coils which he changed and apparently switched off the light by removing battery head and replacing (I caught him as my radio has a code which he doesn't have). Light came back on...
I ran Dx with a Bluetooth OBDII interface.. and the code
P2138
Throttle position or acceleration pedal position sensor incorrect voltage correlation.
So I thought maybe I gotta change the sensor.
Alas the problem dissapered after for 2weeks to reappear again yesterday.
I stay in obanikoro axis.
I need advise for a very good, sound and daily honest mechanic
Thanks

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by accelion(m): 9:18pm On Jan 16, 2022
Hello guys, can I please get your sentiments about the 2014 honda accord? I plan to purchase the car week, and I am contemplating the Nigerian used to save cost. Is this a wise decision, or should I just opt for the tokunbo?

My budget for the Nigerian used (upgraded is 3.8m - 4m), while the price for the tokunbo (not upgraded) starts from 5m+. I don't have 5m now, but I can match it up. I am of the thought that if I get a well-maintained Nigerian used one, it'd be great as I hear the car hardly gives issues. Am I being Pounds foolish, Pennywise? I know you guys would say I should go for the tokunbo obviously, does that mean I can't get a good Nigerian used one?

I also think the car is for people in the middle class who can afford to maintain it. So the risk of buying an ill-treated, not-maintain Nigerian used one will be less. Is that a wrong assumption?

Now for the mechanical aspect,

Is the car an overall good one? (Yes, I will properly maintain it when I get it). If it is prone to issues, I'd instead save myself the stress. I am coming from the German and American car manufacturers' side - BMW X5 and Ford Edge 08.

What should I be prepared for in terms of expenses, minor and major issues, etc., if I buy the Nigerian used (most likely)?

Lastly, is anything wrong with getting the V6 version compared to the V4? Thanks a lot for your response and forget my questions. I can't be too careful.

Thanks, guys.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by cmoney22222: 6:09am On Jan 17, 2022
Currently using this . 2014 Honda Accord i4 engine. Bought myself from the auction so you say it’s toks. Well am not a car person but car is serving me well. This is 4th month now, no issue. Though I don’t drive far. From home to work finish.
accelion:
Hello guys, can I please get your sentiments about the 2014 honda accord? I plan to purchase the car week, and I am contemplating the Nigerian used to save cost. Is this a wise decision, or should I just opt for the tokunbo?

My budget for the Nigerian used (upgraded is 3.8m - 4m), while the price for the tokunbo (not upgraded) starts from 5m+. I don't have 5m now, but I can match it up. I am of the thought that if I get a well-maintained Nigerian used one, it'd be great as I hear the car hardly gives issues. Am I being Pounds foolish, Pennywise? I know you guys would say I should go for the tokunbo obviously, does that mean I can't get a good Nigerian used one?

I also think the car is for people in the middle class who can afford to maintain it. So the risk of buying an ill-treated, not-maintain Nigerian used one will be less. Is that a wrong assumption?

Is the car an overall good one? (Yes, I will properly maintain it when I get it). If it is prone to issues, I'd instead save myself the stress. I am coming from the German and American car manufacturers' side - BMW X5 and Ford Edge 08.

What should I be prepared for in terms of expenses, minor and major issues, etc., if I buy the Nigerian used (most likely)?

Lastly, is anything wrong with getting the V6 version compared to the V4? Thanks a lot for your response and forget my questions. I can't be too careful.

Thanks, guys.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Dozieson(m): 8:25am On Jan 17, 2022
CarrilT:
Happy Sunday peeps..
So I drive an Acura TSX 2004 model. I believe it's same has an Honda engine.
Had engine light and VSA come on.
I suddenly feel a small bop and all of a sudden the car doesn't respond well or slowly to acceleration making it slower to shift in lower gear levels.
I gave it to my mecho to fix. He claimed it was one of the coils which he changed and apparently switched off the light by removing battery head and replacing (I caught him as my radio has a code which he doesn't have). Light came back on...
I ran Dx with a Bluetooth OBDII interface.. and the code
P2138
Throttle position or acceleration pedal position sensor incorrect voltage correlation.
So I thought maybe I gotta change the sensor.
Alas the problem dissapered after for 2weeks to reappear again yesterday.
I stay in obanikoro axis.
I need advise for a very good, sound and daily honest mechanic
Thanks

If you know how to DIY, then you can check the following;

1. A failed TP or APP sensor
2. Circuit issues, such as damaged wires or poor connections
3. An issue with the PCM, such as software in need of an update

Or meet up gazzuzz in ogba or autologic around Ikeja area. You can search for them here on nairaland
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by veloce(m): 8:51pm On Jan 18, 2022
Good evening to the gurus in the house. Please I need your urgent expertise advice. I drive a Honda pilot 2004 and just on Thursday, I had an issue. The car just refused to climb a small hill. Had to restart the car before it could perform. And since then, the car will disengaged from gear until I restart it and this will only last for max 2minutes before it will disengage again. I tried scanning it and error P0723 was cleared but the issue still persist. I just changed the gear like 6 months ago. Pls help !
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:09pm On Jan 18, 2022
veloce:
Good evening to the gurus in the house. Please I need your urgent expertise advice. I drive a Honda pilot 2004 and just on Thursday, I had an issue. The car just refused to climb a small hill. Had to restart the car before it could perform. And since then, the car will disengaged from gear until I restart it and this will only last for max 2minutes before it will disengage again. I tried scanning it and error P0723 was cleared but the issue still persist. I just changed the gear like 6 months ago. Pls help !
Your gear does not down shift due to a faulty speed sensor, replace the small black input sensor

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nitt: 1:05am On Jan 19, 2022
luvinhubby:

Your gear does not down shift due to a faulty speed sensor, replace the small black input sensor

My oga i scanned my car (2005 honda eod 4 cylinder engine) and this are the codes returned - P0011, P0135, P0141

Symptoms I'm having at the moment - very low idle and increase in fuel consumption.

My Findings to get solutions online:

1) P0011 - says Camshaft positon timing over advanced or system performance bank 1. After searching for solution videos on YouTube i saw where a switch in the left side of the engine was replaced. It is a solenoid that is concerned with the delivery of the engine's oil. Please Educate me on this & advice on soluton.

2) From the scan description, the P0135 & P0141 codes are faulty oxygen sensors. Will my fuel economy be affected due to these codes?, because my fuel consumption is a bit high. Do you have them in stock

(pls note, i installed a defouler for the o2 sensor under the car but it didn't erase the code as my panel beater informed me that there is no catalyst present when he installed the defouler.

Will changing the sensor erase the code even with no catalyst in the car? Or should i not bother?.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:26am On Jan 19, 2022
nitt:

My oga i scanned my car (2005 honda eod 4 cylinder engine) and this are the codes returned - P0011, P0135, P0141

Symptoms I'm having at the moment - very low idle and increase in fuel consumption.

My Findings to get solutions online:

1) P0011 - says Camshaft positon timing over advanced or system performance bank 1. After searching for solution videos on YouTube i saw where a switch in the left side of the engine was replaced. It is a solenoid that is concerned with the delivery of the engine's oil. Please Educate me on this & advice on soluton.

2) From the scan description, the P0135 & P0141 codes are faulty oxygen sensors. Will my fuel economy be affected due to these codes?, because my fuel consumption is a bit high. Do you have them in stock

(pls note, i installed a defouler for the o2 sensor under the car but it didn't erase the code as my panel beater informed me that there is no catalyst present when he installed the defouler.

Will changing the sensor erase the code even with no catalyst in the car? Or should i not bother?.

Without a catalyst and oxygen sensors, those codes will most likely stay on & fuel consumption on the high side, better replace catalyst with sensor, both up and down.

The camshaft position sensor can either be blocked, broken or short circuited, remove and physically check before replacement, a good tokunbo is not too expensive

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by KelvinCoaster(m): 11:45am On Jan 19, 2022
Luvinhubby,Collione and other contributors:

I just saw a green flash signal on my dash board this morning (CRUISE MAIN).

What does it entail?
What is the meaning?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nitt: 12:19pm On Jan 19, 2022
luvinhubby:

Without a catalyst and oxygen sensors, those codes will most likely stay on & fuel consumption on the high side, better replace catalyst with sensor, both up and down.

The camshaft position sensor can either be blocked, broken or short circuited, remove and physically check before replacement, a good tokunbo is not too expensive

I see.

If you have them in stock i would like to get the prices.

In case i can't get quality goods conveniently where I'm at.

I've bought honda transmission oil from u in the past as i couldn't get them here.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 5:52pm On Jan 19, 2022
KelvinCoaster:

What does it entail?
What is the meaning?

It means your cruise control is on. That could have been as a result of accidentally pressing the cruise control button on your steering while driving OR a random electric 'misfire' triggering it (regardless of whether your cruise control still works or not).
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 5:56pm On Jan 19, 2022
KelvinCoaster:

What does it entail?
What is the meaning?

You accidentally hit the cruise control button. Simply click on the cruise button again and it should solve the issue
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by KelvinCoaster(m): 10:37pm On Jan 19, 2022
Collione:

You accidentally hit the cruise control button. Simply click on the cruise button again and it should solve the issue
Thanks!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by KelvinCoaster(m): 10:39pm On Jan 19, 2022
nas00:

It means your cruise control is on. That could have been as a result of accidentally pressing the cruise control button on your steering while driving OR a random electric 'misfire' triggering it (regardless of whether your cruise control still works or not).

Thanks!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Abidecdrock(m): 11:01pm On Jan 19, 2022
Good evening, I have a Honda crv 2004 model, suddenly started making a noisy noise when I switch on the engine after a while the noise goes off, I was told to replace the chain still same, the engine was switched on without any of the belts and the noise still existed like something fell inside the engine. Is there any scanner that can be used or an engineer very conversant with crv engine that could help check it out. Location sango ota. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by NuvioProcure(f): 5:26am On Jan 20, 2022
Please i have been noticing when i am accelerating for a long time there is gap or like a hiccup, i feel the vibration in my pedal , it doesn’t happen when my mechanic drives it and i dont know how to explain it, has anyone experienced that before and whats the solution please

Honda accord 2005
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Timblogga: 10:01am On Jan 20, 2022
accelion:

Thanks, guys.
Have you bought the car?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by idmoore(m): 6:59am On Jan 21, 2022
accelion:

Thanks, guys.

Please go ahead to purchase the Car.
It is mostly fault free if well maintained with required oils and fluid.
It hardly give you issues, and a good driving experience is assured.
It is a car I so much love, and I went for it.
It is hard for you to abuse the car because, it is very temperamental.
Any wrong oil into the car, it will show you it bad side immediately but if you keep up with the required oils.
You will just only put fuel and zooooom off

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Enano2baba(m): 6:14pm On Jan 21, 2022
Good evening house. Please I’d like to confirm the cost to replace a wheel hub for Honda Accord 2008
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by hybeekhan(m): 7:43pm On Jan 21, 2022
I need serious help and candid advice, my eod is engine oil is getting short, first cylinder getting soaked with dark smoke and it started consuming fuel. What can I do? What is the solution?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Dozieson(m): 7:46pm On Jan 21, 2022
hybeekhan:
I need serious help and candid advice, my eod is engine oil is getting short, first cylinder getting soaked with dark smoke and it started consuming fuel. What can I do? What is the solution?

Baba engine is almost gone. Plan for a new engine
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ajaytobey24: 12:38pm On Jan 22, 2022
Plz house, my car (Honda civic 06) was serviced with 5 litres instead of 4 litres due to the fact dat am not around bt I was told eventually by my brother so I told him to take d car back to d mechanic to reduce 1 litres of the oil.. Hope there won't be a problem?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 6:07pm On Jan 22, 2022
Ajaytobey24:
Plz house, my car (Honda civic 06) was serviced with 5 litres instead of 4 litres due to the fact dat am not around bt I was told eventually by my brother so I told him to take d car back to d mechanic to reduce 1 litres of the oil.. Hope there won't be a problem?

No issues so long as it is guaged properly on the recommended full mark as depicted on the dipstick
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 6:07pm On Jan 22, 2022
Enano2baba:
Good evening house. Please I’d like to confirm the cost to replace a wheel hub for Honda Accord 2008

Contact @luvinhubby

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sonssyo: 4:52pm On Jan 23, 2022
Please family,my Honda baby boy is making a noise (kpakam) drivers side , I'm thinking it's shocks that is having issues,well I have to pack it today after church and contact the mechanic, please have anyone experienced this? I want to have an idea make mechanic no chop me, plz if it's chock like how much is the price? This is my first time of hearing this noise,your advice is highly appreciated
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Aaaaarghmed(m): 5:09pm On Jan 23, 2022
sonssyo:
Please family,my Honda baby boy is making a noise (kpakam) drivers side , I'm thinking it's shocks that is having issues,well I have to pack it today after church and contact the mechanic, please have anyone experienced this? I want to have an idea make mechanic no chop me, plz if it's chock like how much is the price? This is my first time of hearing this noise,your advice is highly appreciated
your mech has yo drive it to hear that noise,then remove the tires to check the legs physically to know the prob.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sonssyo: 5:22pm On Jan 23, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
your mech has yo drive it to hear that noise,then remove the tires to check the legs physically to know the prob.
Thanks so much
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Okwori12(m): 5:51am On Jan 24, 2022
My Honda Civic 2007 ignition doesn't turn off. I will have to put it on hand break and then try to drive before it will goes off then I will remove battery head to off it.

Any help or suggestions please... Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:01am On Jan 24, 2022
Okwori12:
My Honda Civic 2007 ignition doesn't turn off. I will have to put it on hand break and then try to drive before it will goes off then I will remove battery head to off it.

Any help or suggestions please... Thanks

Replace your ignition key

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sonety2k(m): 11:26am On Jan 25, 2022
Good Morning House

24 Hours Super Sales

Distress Sales TOKUNBO 2008/09 Honda Accord

Price 2.5m

Location Ibadan

Check the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/6899092/distress-sales-toks-2008-honda

In case you might like the 2008 Honda Accord , Our office it’s at Ibadan, You can come for the inspection and Buy it

You can Whatsapp me and let’s talk +819017259102 or call KELLEY MTN line 08033777903

Thanks

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by markpenk: 7:49pm On Jan 25, 2022
Good evening... Does anyone know the price of toks Honda Accord 2009 engine mounts.

I'm also considering changing the steering rack and pump. So it'll be great if I can get an estimate for those too (toks too)

Also, quick question: can bad engine mounts cause the car to vibrate upon acceleration and deceleration? Please note i already changed cv axles and brake discs. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.