Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,096 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (889290 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 11:41am On Apr 30, 2022
quam9997:
Morning guys, I just scanned my car now and it brought up this code. P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1

Does that mean I need to change catalyst? It was confirmed that catalyst was in the vehicle but I’m now confused

Your catalytic converter is bad. Replace it
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Namzy(m): 12:23pm On Apr 30, 2022
quam9997:
Morning guys, I just scanned my car now and it brought up this code. P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1

Does that mean I need to change catalyst? It was confirmed that catalyst was in the vehicle but I’m now confused
Other causes include exhaust leaks which happened to me and code disappeared after it Das fixed. You can also try cleaning the cat. Look up videos

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Originakalokalo(m): 1:16pm On Apr 30, 2022
Collione:

I rebuilt mine and I'm enjoying it.

Thanks for your response.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Dozieson(m): 3:05pm On Apr 30, 2022
Collione:

I don't think so.. do you know how much for catalyst?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 6:01pm On Apr 30, 2022
quam9997:

Really?

as Dozieson had said, that your P0420 code does not necessarily mean your catalyst is bad.

It might be that your exhaust has a leak

It might be that your engine burns some oil which fouls the o2 sensors

Or maybe your o2 sensors are not behaving well for the brainbox to be happy

Find the underlying issue and fix it then that code will go away

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by murshid09(m): 5:02pm On May 02, 2022
Pls bosses in the house
Does Honda City Manual also CVT
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by oride: 11:47am On May 03, 2022
murshid09:
Pls bosses in the house
Does Honda City Manual also CVT

No
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Peppermintflav: 5:01pm On May 03, 2022
Originakalokalo:
Good morning everyone.

My steering is hard to turn when entering corners or a roundabout.

The pump is good and my mechanic thinks it is the steering rack.

I don't have much for new one.

The car is Honda Accord 2007.

Questions

1. Should I rebuild it?

2. Should I buy toks or must buy a new one?

Please I need your help on this.

Thank you all.
Buy toks. Rebuild doesn't last.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ping2ping: 6:48am On May 04, 2022
Please gurus in the house I need urgent help.

I have a Honda Civic 2004. The automatic transmission slips after sometime of use(I cannot say exactly how many kilometers the car covers before it happens). But once I switch off the engine and start it again, the transmission works perfectly. Then if I continue to use it, after a certain no of kilometers, the transmission will stop working again.

When I took it to a gear technician, the problem did not come up so the person said I should bring it when the problem occurs.

Please i need urgent help before the transmission dies completely.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:24am On May 04, 2022
ping2ping:

I have a Honda Civic 2004. The automatic transmission slips after sometime of use(I cannot say exactly how many kilometers the car covers before it happens). But once I switch off the engine and start it again, the transmission works perfectly. Then if I continue to use it, after a certain no of kilometers, the transmission will stop working again.

When I took it to a gear technician, the problem did not come up so the person said I should bring it when the problem occurs.

it needs scanning
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:25am On May 04, 2022
ping2ping:

it needs scanning
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Originakalokalo(m): 4:29pm On May 04, 2022
Good evening everyone.

Is there an alternative to Honda power steering fluid?

Any alternative fluid that will not damage the rack or the pump?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ping2ping: 9:21pm On May 04, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
it needs scanning

OK. I will do it tomorrow and report back by the grace of God.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 7:34am On May 05, 2022
Originakalokalo:

Good evening everyone.

Is there an alternative to Honda power steering fluid?

Any alternative fluid that will not damage the rack or the pump?

All the other alternatives will slowly eat away at your pump And rack seals and they will break down, leak and lose pressure sooner than later.

Go to oyibgbo and look for the main Honda power steering fluid and buy for your vehicle or contact luvinhubby here for it.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Originakalokalo(m): 2:01pm On May 05, 2022
Conner44:

All the other alternatives will slowly eat away at your pump And rack seals and they will break down, leak and lose pressure sooner than later.

Go to oyibgbo and look for the main Honda power steering fluid and buy for your vehicle or contact luvinhubby here for it.

Thank you.

I will contact him.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mikky125: 1:43am On May 06, 2022
Good morning presently am using Honda Accord 2005 model ( EOD) am thinking of upgrading to Honda Crosstour 2011 is it good idea? Please I need your input on this.
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 10:07am On May 06, 2022
mikky125:
Good morning presently am using Honda Accord 2005 model ( EOD) am thinking of upgrading to Honda Crosstour 2011 is it good idea? Please I need your input on this.
Thanks

It’s a wonderful upgrade. Go for it.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by honda001: 3:28am On May 08, 2022
Conner44:

Two months ago ,my steering was very hard to turn . I had to replaced steering rack and turning was be done very easy.
Recently, I noticed steering oil shortage after every two weeks. Can I keep on topping oil or changed to Honda fluid? Please advice any solution...honda accord 2006
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Amypriti(f): 5:32am On May 08, 2022
Goodmorning and Happy Sunday

Can anybody suggest best transmission oil and engine oil for ACURA MDX 2008
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by an0daGuy: 8:43am On May 08, 2022
honda001:

Two months ago ,my steering was very hard to turn . I had to replaced steering rack and turning was be done very easy.
Recently, I noticed steering oil shortage after every two weeks. Can I keep on topping oil or changed to Honda fluid? Please advice any solution...honda accord 2006
please how much did you buy the steering rack for your car? My own is bad too
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by honda001: 2:17pm On May 08, 2022
an0daGuy:
please how much did you buy the steering rack for your car? My own is bad too

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kaymax2222: 6:14pm On May 08, 2022
Pls house what is the reason for all the light on the dashboard.... Plus I just changed the engine oil with total sp 5000 and the oil life is still showing 5% got the car recently and it came in this December

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:24pm On May 08, 2022
Amypriti:
Goodmorning and Happy Sunday

Can anybody suggest best transmission oil and engine oil for ACURA MDX 2008

Get the original DW1
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by eph12(m): 9:29pm On May 08, 2022
Good day everyone. My eod battery runs down if I leave it for some hours. I’ve had some mechanics check it but they can’t find any electrical fault. How can I resolve this please?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vivalavida(m): 8:09am On May 09, 2022
Kaymax2222:
Pls house what is the reason for all the light on the dashboard.... Plus I just changed the engine oil with total sp 5000 and the oil life is still showing 5% got the car recently and it came in this December

After servicing, I believe you should reset the oil life. This is why it is good to read your car manual. I am also a new car owner. I have downloaded my car manual and read it like I was preparing for an examination.

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ak22(m): 4:44pm On May 09, 2022
Please how much is Honda Civic 06 Alternator?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by HooxJnr(m): 11:33am On May 10, 2022
Guru's in the house. Please help me solve P0113 code on a Honda accord 2001. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Bigsunny01(m): 10:36am On May 12, 2022
Collione:

Good day Oga Gazzuzz and all car expert in here.

I drive Honda Civic 08, the fuel pump and filter have been changed, i have also changed the air flow meter, upstream oxygen sensor and coolant temperature sensor.

The worst part of it though is that after i changed the above mentioned the engine still shutoff while trying to accelerate in idling, with the dashboard lights coming on. The car can be restarted immediately though. It normally occurs when the Air Condition is on, and i also notice my D(dive) green light blink at times when driving

The car is an American spec

Your advice will be highly appreciated

Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ThatIgboBoy: 7:33pm On May 12, 2022
Good evening guys. I drive an Acura tsx.
I have some check signs on my vehicle instrument cluster.
How do I go about them please.
I have check TPMS
Check ABS
And check DRL.

Any advice please
Luvinghubby and Gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mashnino(m): 8:16pm On May 12, 2022
Bigsunny01:

Good day Oga Gazzuzz and all car expert in here.

I drive Honda Civic 08, the fuel pump and filter have been changed, i have also changed the air flow meter, upstream oxygen sensor and coolant temperature sensor.

The worst part of it though is that after i changed the above mentioned the engine still shutoff while trying to accelerate in idling, with the dashboard lights coming on. The car can be restarted immediately though. It normally occurs when the Air Condition is on, and i also notice my D(dive) green light blink at times when driving

The car is an American spec

Your advice will be highly appreciated

Thanks.

did you scan the car before changing all these sensors?

The "d" light blinking is not a good sign oo, something is wrong with your transmission

Please go and do a full car scan.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Bigsunny01(m): 9:05pm On May 12, 2022
mashnino:

did you scan the car before changing all these sensors?

The "d" light blinking is not a good sign oo, something is wrong with your transmission

Please go and do a full car scan.

Yes i actually did a scan before changing all of de above i changed

I think i need to do rescan to be so sure
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mashnino(m): 8:49am On May 13, 2022
Bigsunny01:

Yes i actually did a scan before changing all of de above i changed

I think i need to do rescan to be so sure

exactly

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.