Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (891258 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Rumundele(m): 8:01pm On Sep 12, 2023
SpeedRacer:
Good evening all, please I have a 2010 corolla and there's been noise coming from the frint suspension, I've replaced every defective part I've come across but the noise is still there ..om Thursday after replacing left side hub assembly , now the steering refuses to center back when yiu make a turn it won't return like before also there's a noise when you turn the steering sometimes and it feels harder especially from rest

I need help in diagnosing if the rack is bad before I go and waste money on it .
I've scanned the car and there are no codes even the emps module has no code please urgent help is needed
This is honda forum, but anyone with idea should help him
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Onyeka90210(m): 8:33pm On Sep 12, 2023
Rumundele:
Evening experts in the house, my car is Honda accord 07, i noticed that anytime i engage my gear to R and D it kicked hard as if the car want to jump very aggressive. Any advice or help on how to get this solve?
1. Engine or gear mounts; inspect them
If not
2. Service your gear switch (or gear solenoid, there are two of them), just clean with fuel, you can also scan the car to see if they need replacement.
If not
3. Check your CV drive axel/drive shaft
4. Also try to start using your hand brake, before putting your gear in P when parking
However this aggressive jump you’re talking of, does it sound like a clunk(like you can feel and hear the gear engage), or it’s usually silent?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by theadeola(m): 9:00pm On Sep 12, 2023
SpeedRacer:
Good evening all, please I have a 2010 corolla and there's been noise coming from the frint suspension, I've replaced every defective part I've come across but the noise is still there ..om Thursday after replacing left side hub assembly , now the steering refuses to center back when yiu make a turn it won't return like before also there's a noise when you turn the steering sometimes and it feels harder especially from rest

I need help in diagnosing if the rack is bad before I go and waste money on it .
I've scanned the car and there are no codes even the emps module has no code please urgent help is needed

First, this is NOT a scanning issue.

Also, stop throwing parts at that car and just calm down to study the noise. Now, does it happen ONLY when you turn the steering or whenever the car is in motion?

Also, what suspension parts did you replace and are you sure they were truly replaced, like were you there when they were replaced?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by piehorse: 9:59pm On Sep 12, 2023
Good evening house
Pls my accord 08 started making a clicking or tapping sound . Sound is coming from the dashboard area.

Anyone had similar experience?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by theadeola(m): 10:48pm On Sep 12, 2023
piehorse:
Good evening house
Pls my accord 08 started making a clicking or tapping sound . Sound is coming from the dashboard area.

Anyone had similar experience?

When does this sound happen? Have you scanned the car?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by piehorse: 11:21pm On Sep 12, 2023
Immediately i start the car
Then stops like after 2 mins
Clicking sound from the dashboard area

I am seeing actuator when i check via YouTube
Anyways i should scan tomorrow

Thank you

theadeola:

When does this sound happen? Have you scanned the car?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Onyeka90210(m): 8:20am On Sep 13, 2023
piehorse:

Thank you

Yeah, if it’s the infamous “Death Rattle”, the VTC actuator is a major suspect, just make sure you give the work to a skilled mechanic.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Rumundele(m): 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2023
Onyeka90210:

1. Engine or gear mounts; inspect them
If not
2. Service your gear switch (or gear solenoid, there are two of them), just clean with fuel, you can also scan the car to see if they need replacement.
If not
3. Check your CV drive axel/drive shaft
4. Also try to start using your hand brake, before putting your gear in P when parking
However this aggressive jump you’re talking of, does it sound like a clunk(like you can feel and hear the gear engage), or it’s usually silent?
Thanks so much i appreciate.
Yes it sound clunk some times, i can hear it. But at times when i start the engine and leave it to warm for sime time to normal temperature, when i engage gear it wiĺl be silent but will still kick but not aggressive.

Secondly the last time i change the gear oil was 2yrs ago, i hope this will not have effect on the gear performance
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Onyeka90210(m): 1:09pm On Sep 13, 2023
Rumundele:
Thanks so much i appreciate.
Yes it sound clunk some times, i can hear it. But at times when i start the engine and leave it to warm for sime time to normal temperature, when i engage gear it wiĺl be silent but will still kick but not aggressive.

Secondly the last time i change the gear oil was 2yrs ago, i hope this will not have effect on the gear performance
Maybe, if not gauged properly(too low or high), or if incorrect fluid type is used in the gear, It’ll affect gear shifting.
But for this your issue, It’s normal with old Hondas and some people never find out what’s the cause, as long as the car runs fine and doesn’t delay when changing gears in motion, and your dashboard “D” is not blinking, it’s okay.
Just start using your hand brake, it reduces it.
For the gear oil you don’t really look at years, you use the mileage the last one was done, (20-30k miles interval) you can also check the dipstick; if it’s dark brown it’s due for change, if it’s dark and smells burnt, it’s burnt and needs immediate change.
Healthy gear oil should have a touch of red (could be bright red or dark red).
Then there’s a way to check the gear oil gauge, (start car till fans come on, then turn off car and check or so) make sure it’s between the two holes on the dispstick.
I thought you already done this check at first, that’s why I didn’t suggest it.
If it’s due for a change make sure you use the recommended ATF DW1 fluid
Although the transmissions in the 06/07 are a bit more tolerant, unlike the previous years, it’s still best to stick to Honda ATF.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 6:33pm On Sep 14, 2023
piehorse:

Thank you

Are you sure the sound is coming from the dashboard (inside the cabin area) or the engine (outside the cabin area) because it can be caused by 2 totally different things depending in where exactly the sound is coming from
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Rufusmayle(m): 1:10pm On Sep 15, 2023
Please did you later make use of the Jezco ATF and it work for your car?

Kingstel:

I can't find that now.
This attached is the one he wants to use.
Jezco ATF
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by KingRex1(m): 11:31am On Sep 17, 2023
Deigofortune:

Thanks pls here is they scan code, I have changed both coil and plug, and nuzzle still no help …

P0303
P2185
P0135
P0301
P0304
P0300
P0451
This once happened to my 2008 accord after engine change. I kept changing plugs and coils, infact I was told it was the brainbox at some point and later told to even change the engine again. So frustrating.

This is engine misfire, mine was on cylinder 2 and 3.
I solved this by kick starting multiple times untill I had a smooth start. Keep doing this every time you wanna move, don't move if the kick-start wasn't smooth.
Overtime the problem would cease.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by MrReeseG(m): 7:07pm On Sep 17, 2023
Hello

So while heading home on Friday
I noticed my car wasn't braking well. I had to step on it with more force than usual and even at that, it's deceleration was slow (very unusual).
I parked and checked my brake fluid to be sure and upon opening I noticed it was overflowing (just as if it was bled).

It was on the expressway and at midnight so I just drove it home like that.
On the way home, I noticed my D light blinking green (instead of just being stable green) and just as I was backing into the house the N light came on too.
Upon parking, the P light is on (which is normal), the D light is blinking green and the N light is stable red.

Car is an 09 Civic Hybrid.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Stubborn82: 9:18pm On Sep 17, 2023
MrReeseG:
Hello

So while heading home on Friday
I noticed my car wasn't braking well. I had to step on it with more force than usual and even at that, it's deceleration was slow (very unusual).
I parked and checked my brake fluid to be sure and upon opening I noticed it was overflowing (just as if it was bled).

It was on the expressway and at midnight so I just drove it home like that.
On the way home, I noticed my D light blinking green (instead of just being stable green) and just as I was backing into the house the N light came on too.
Upon parking, the P light is on (which is normal), the D light is blinking green and the N light is stable red.

Car is an 09 Civic Hybrid.
this happened to me, until I changed the brainbox
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by MrReeseG(m): 11:21pm On Sep 17, 2023
Stubborn82:
this happened to me, until I changed the brainbox

😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by piehorse: 1:37pm On Sep 18, 2023
5w30 vs 5w20 Engine oil
Which should i use please

Honda Accord 2008

Also what transmission oil is recommended pls
Honda DW1??

Kind help please
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 7:00pm On Sep 18, 2023
piehorse:
5w30 vs 5w20 Engine oil

Honda Accord 2008

Honda DW1??

Kind help please

A quality 5w20 or 5w30 from a trusted dealer will work. For the transmission, only use dw1 fluid. Beep Rowland for your original dw1. Ensure the engine oil you buy is as top quality as Mobil 1 or Castrol edge or even Pennzoil from a trusted dealer

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vivalavida(m): 7:36pm On Sep 18, 2023
piehorse:
5w30 vs 5w20 Engine oil

Honda Accord 2008

Honda DW1??

Kind help please

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by piehorse: 9:09pm On Sep 18, 2023
Collione:

A quality 5w20 or 5w30 from a trusted dealer will work. For the transmission, only use dw1 fluid. Beep Rowland for your original dw1. Ensure the engine oil you buy is as top quality as Mobil 1 or Castrol edge or even Pennzoil from a trusted dealer

Thank you
How do I contact Rowland pls
Can you quote him for me please?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by piehorse: 9:11am On Sep 19, 2023
Where can i get original Dw1 from in lagos pls

I need to get it today
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kingstel(m): 6:54am On Sep 20, 2023
Rufusmayle:
Please did you later make use of the Jezco ATF and it work for your car?
Yes
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by 234GT(m): 7:29am On Sep 20, 2023
Dear house, pls I need automatic window switch, full drivers side, for 2008 accord lxp.

Only the drivers window button is not working, but I was told by the Rewire that I have to get the complete switch with all the 4 buttons.

Kindly DM if you have it. I cant get in Ekiti here.

Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by MrReeseG(m): 10:06am On Sep 20, 2023
234GT:
Dear house, pls I need automatic window switch, full drivers side, for 2008 accord lxp.

Only the drivers window button is not working, but I was told by the Rewire that I have to get the complete switch with all the 4 buttons.

Thanks.

I have a trusted person in oyingbo that can get it
Hmu for his number
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:00pm On Sep 20, 2023
234GT:

Thanks.

Budget 20k for tokunbo & 18k for new one.

My advice will be for you to go for the tokunbo
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:01pm On Sep 20, 2023
Kingstel:

Yes

You can put any fluid inside a gear & it still run for you, but the question is for how long?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:05pm On Sep 20, 2023
If you drive a 2019 Accord, your transmission fluid is ATF Type 2.0

If you drive a 2016 - 2020 Pilot or MDX with 9 speed gear, your transmission fluid is ATF Type 3.1

If you drive a 6 speed Pilot from 2006 to 2020, Odyssey, Ridgeline or Accord V6 2013 - 2016, your transmission fluid is ATF DW1

Know your gear fluids and avoid trials that can lead to expensive errors

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Obidikejr(m): 7:09pm On Sep 23, 2023
markpenk:
VTC actuator issues. It's a factory problem common in some 8th and 9th gen accords.

You could either change it --would be a huge pain in the a**-- or just learn to live with it/ignore it. It doesn't/won't affect anything.

Good luck.

Hmm im thinking of getting the Accord 2012

Would this be a oroblem
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by 234GT(m): 7:17pm On Sep 23, 2023
luvinhubby:

Budget 20k for tokunbo & 18k for new one.

My advice will be for you to go for the tokunbo

Part received, fitted and working perfectly. Thanks Sir.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Obidikejr(m): 12:37am On Sep 24, 2023
A clean Nigerian used accord 2012 for 2.5m is it a fair price ?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Dozieson(m): 5:40am On Sep 24, 2023
Obidikejr:

How did you know it is in solid working conditions? Have you scan both engine and Trans? Have you driven the car enough to know? If you have tested and satisfied with the performance then it is a very good deal for that price
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:38am On Sep 24, 2023
Obidikejr:

Probably a V6, find out why the owner wants to sell & go with a good technician to access the vehicle
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:39am On Sep 24, 2023
markpenk:
VTC actuator issues. It's a factory problem common in some 8th and 9th gen accords.

You could either change it --would be a huge pain in the a**-- or just learn to live with it/ignore it. It doesn't/won't affect anything.

Good luck.

Easy to solve with a good Honda mechanic

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.