Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (417) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (892860 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by quam9997(m): 11:55am On Nov 21, 2023
quam9997:
Good morning bosses .. I noticed something in my car this morning, I drove it out myself but only for me to park and I wanted to put it back and drive .. although the gear is in the drive .. the car isn’t on drive it appears that the gear selector is loose. Anyone know how this happened and the fix

Anybody please .. I was told it’s the gear cable I don’t know if that’s correct and the cost
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Dozieson(m): 2:07pm On Nov 21, 2023
berbs112:
Good Morning House.

I am here again because of my 2004 Honda Accord that's guzzling fuel, couple time that I scanned the car, the only code I have was P0010.

But after someone recommended another mechanic to me yesterday, I went there, he scanned the car and the car brought two other codes in addition to the previous the codes are;

P0010
P0172
P0122

The mechanic said to fix everything will cost me 60k including getting another tokunbo injector mouth cos there is an issue with the TPS (throttle position sensor)

He also said something about the car timing, that the engine has been tampered with I don't know how that's possible because I replaced the engine and gear over a year ago.

I need advise if this is the way to go, if this cost of repair isn't outrageous and will this solve the issue of fuel guzzling?

Thank you all for your response.

PS: engine is 4plug 2.4 engine.

now the best way is to study the links properly and check some of these parts yourself to know if they are faulty

https://cartreatments.com/p0172/
https://www.fixdapp.com/blog/p0122-code/

you can buy the cheap parts and change them yourself or give to another mechanic to do same

Air filter is easy to change.
check the throttle position sensor or wire leading to it.

just have time for this car and you would resolve the issue yourself
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Dozieson(m): 2:09pm On Nov 21, 2023
quam9997:
Good morning bosses .. I noticed something in my car this morning, I drove it out myself but only for me to park and I wanted to put it back and drive .. although the gear is in the drive .. the car isn’t on drive it appears that the gear selector is loose. Anyone know how this happened and the fix

give an experience mech to fix. gear selector work is not that difficult to fix. Or check google for the solution
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by berbs112(m): 8:44pm On Nov 21, 2023
Dozieson:

now the best way is to study the links properly and check some of these parts yourself to know if they are faulty

https://cartreatments.com/p0172/
https://www.fixdapp.com/blog/p0122-code/

you can buy the cheap parts and change them yourself or give to another mechanic to do same

Air filter is easy to change.
check the throttle position sensor or wire leading to it.

just have time for this car and you would resolve the issue yourself

Thank you so much for all the time.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by omotolsy(m): 9:10pm On Nov 22, 2023
Evening Honda Community.

Please i need help/recommendation/advise with these coded(images attached).

But i have few questions to ask from what i have googled so far:

Is it a mechanic or rewire that fixes vtec faults in honda?

The main issue i am having is that while on motion the vehicle jerks and once i take off my leg from the accelerator is stops jerking amd moves but the movement isnt smooth as i know a car's movement should be so i scanned after wasting money from trial and error mechanics.

Please help me out, is there an educated and sincere Engineer that i can take this car to that will just fix these issues without skinning me.

Make una abeg o.

Thanks all.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by walexy14(m): 9:57pm On Nov 22, 2023
I notice oil leakage on th floor every morning. Please what could be the cause? And any recommended mechanic to fix this on the mainland. The car is 2008 honda accord. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Dozieson(m): 7:20am On Nov 23, 2023
walexy14:
I notice oil leakage on th floor every morning. Please what could be the cause? And any recommended mechanic to fix this on the mainland. The car is 2008 honda accord. Thanks

Meet gazzuzz if you can find your way to Ikeja area
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 7:26am On Nov 23, 2023
walexy14:
You didn't indicate if it's a 6 or 4 cylinder car, where it's leaking from, and the colour of the leak.
Oil leaks are one of the dirtiest job in car repairs and can be tricky to find and fix.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by walexy14(m): 1:20pm On Nov 23, 2023
[quote author=jceesquare post=127118126]
You didn't indicate if it's a 6 or 4 cylinder car, where it's leaking from, and the colour of the leak.
Oil leaks are one of the dirtiest job in car repairs and can be tricky to find and fix.[/quot

4 cylinder, black oil leakage from the engine side
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 2:07pm On Nov 23, 2023
[quote author=walexy14 post=127123837][/quote]
Engine side could be from anywhere.
Your technician would have to take a look at it to ascertain where it's leaking from.
Or better still, take a pics of where it's leaking so the online community can suggest where to look at.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GreekDon: 11:21am On Nov 24, 2023
Itsrm:

It's like you don't have anything to do with money. Wetin no reach 3k on Jumia. Remove the spaces

https://www.jum ia.co m.ng/acara-1pcs-oxygen-o2-sensor-spacer-adapter-bung-catalytic-converter-fix-check-engine-light-147153932.html

@itsrm

Please do you have any plug for Honda/Acura radio fix in Ph? My car 6 loader rejects CD. Also need to fix one of the speakers. I fear going to Ikoku and scouting around.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Itsrm(m): 11:30am On Nov 24, 2023
GreekDon:

@itsrm

Please do you have any plug for Honda/Acura radio fix in Ph? My car 6 loader rejects CD. Also need to fix one of the speakers. I fear going to Ikoku and scouting around.

No, not Ikoku. You'll do it in Iloabuchi. Last I fixed a speaker was 3k or so. May be slightly more now.

Unfortunately, I don't have his contact. Iloabuchi is less chaotic. You shouldn't have any issue.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vivalavida(m): 11:57am On Nov 24, 2023
Itsrm:

No, not Ikoku. You'll do it in Iloabuchi. Last I fixed a speaker was 3k or so. May be slightly more now.

Unfortunately, I don't have his contact. Iloabuchi is less chaotic. You shouldn't have any issue.

Are speakers fixed or replaced?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Itsrm(m): 12:00pm On Nov 24, 2023
vivalavida:

Are speakers fixed or replaced?

Yes, it can be fixed. Much cheaper than replacement.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vivalavida(m): 12:26pm On Nov 24, 2023
Itsrm:

Yes, it can be fixed. Much cheaper than replacement.

Who do I approach to do that? Na mechanic and rewire I know.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GreekDon: 5:59pm On Nov 24, 2023
Itsrm:

Yea, thought as much. I will try that. Many thanks!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 6:31pm On Nov 24, 2023
vivalavida:

Who do I approach to do that? Na mechanic and rewire I know.
Neither a mechanic or a rewire.
Meet people that sells speakers, they should direct you to people that fix.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AutoManual: 4:53am On Nov 25, 2023
DolbyDigital:
Thanks boss. I spent the whole night reading lots of articles especially the ball joint. The thing is, people have two opinion of it, I guess I'll have to try it, if it give problem, I'll park and sell immediately. I pride myself to be someone that is serious on maintenance. Not just cars. I am the type that can't look away when my generator is making noise. I'll rather off it and not use it for days till I fix it. The person that sold it to me told me thar only the transmission needs attention and my mechanic confirmed it. My mechanic also gave me two options, to fix it or to buy a new one. I opt to buy a new one even though it goes for me 250k. That's just me, I always consider buying something over repairing it given the option. The mechanic sha tell me not to worry, he said he will check it every 3 months.. as long when I come for routine service.
just change tge ball joints every year with the original one and stop looking at it everytime. The only thing you will monitor is the upper ball joints as that can be easily seen from the chassis

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ModJ1(m): 5:28pm On Nov 25, 2023
Please, I got a tokunbo Honda Pilot 2011 Model, I want to change the Engine oil on the Cover it's written 5W-20 but I can't find the oil type .....house if I change it with Mobile1 5W-30 will it affect the engine performance?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Onyeka90210(m): 7:22pm On Nov 25, 2023
ModJ1:
Please, I got a tokunbo Honda Pilot 2011 Model, I want to change the Engine oil on the Cover it's written 5W-20 but I can't find the oil type .....house if I change it with Mobile1 5W-30 will it affect the engine performance?
Works fine. Just avoid 20w-50

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dru23(m): 8:07pm On Nov 25, 2023
ModJ1:

5w30 is ok , 100% better than using 20w50.... To avoid stories that touch.. Avoid 20w50 at all cost.......

No matter how u do am. When changing trasmission fluid , please and please use the recommended transmission fluid.. Failure to do so will end in absolute tears.......

Due to the unstable naira and high cost of purchasing dollar. Na fake engine oil and substandard parts full market...

Don't be penny wise and pound foolish

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by martins946: 2:31pm On Nov 26, 2023
Good afternoon gurus in the house. Pls I need your help, my Honda city 2008 check engine light always comes up and when it happens,the car can't move well. After scanned with a small scanner, I saw P1888 and P1887. Pls what is the cause and possibly solution. Help a brother. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 8:25pm On Nov 26, 2023
Bullfallo:
I saw this black car that look like deep touch of blue. I ask people is this not black color they said it’s black but look like black. it look like black with mix of deep navy blue. Although its black like deep blue. Its black that has this deep blue in it.

And i want to paint my Accord to that color. But. Confused I don’t know how to explain it.

The type of black colored cars i keep seeing around i don’t like them. The dull black gray i like that too.

Does any one here know of something like that that black navy blue color?
Omo! Black that look like black. My confusion is confused.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ModJ1(m): 10:09pm On Nov 26, 2023
Thank you Soo much Sir I really appreciate this 🙏🏾
dru23:

5w30 is ok , 100% better than using 20w50.... To avoid stories that touch.. Avoid 20w50 at all cost.......

No matter how u do am. When changing trasmission fluid , please and please use the recommended transmission fluid.. Failure to do so will end in absolute tears.......

Due to the unstable naira and high cost of purchasing dollar. Na fake engine oil and substandard parts full market...

Don't be penny wise and pound foolish
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ModJ1(m): 10:10pm On Nov 26, 2023
Thank you Soo much Sir, I will take note🙏🏾
Onyeka90210:

Works fine. Just avoid 20w-50
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by shininglite(m): 5:07am On Nov 29, 2023
Hello Car gurus in the house, I want to go into Bolt business. I have 3 cars in mind, Honda EOD, Honda DC 2007 and Honda Civic from 2007 to 2009. Please which of these car is suitable? My major concern is fuel efficiency. This will be my first time of owing a car.

Your contribution will be highly appreciated
Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Dozieson(m): 5:23am On Nov 29, 2023
shininglite:
Hello Car gurus in the house, I want to go into Bolt business. I have 3 cars in mind, Honda EOD, Honda DC 2007 and Honda Civic from 2007 to 2009. Please which of these car is suitable? My major concern is fuel efficiency. This will be my first time of owing a car.

Your contribution will be highly appreciated
Thank you.

Honda civic

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Abdul111: 11:27am On Nov 29, 2023
Please house I’m looking for Honda civic 2006 charging component/module. If anyone has a plug for it or knows someone that might have 🙏🏻🙏🏻 urgently needed
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Rumundele(m): 8:03pm On Dec 03, 2023
Any idea on how to fix my car windscreen crack?
The crack is much that may also require to be replaced.
How much is new wind screen.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Rex123(m): 9:38pm On Dec 03, 2023
Good evening house, I have a couple of questions.
I have a 2010 crosstour, I serviced the car two weeks and I checked the computer today it’s showing 70% is that normal? I serviced with Mobil 5w20.
Secondly I recently noticed while driving when I try to accelerate sometimes rpm won’t go beyond 3000 and 60km. To fix this I park and turn the engine of and on and it sorts it self. What could be the issue?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 4:38am On Dec 04, 2023
Rex123:
I have a 2010 crosstour, I serviced the car two weeks and I checked the computer today it’s showing 70% is that normal? I serviced with Mobil 5w20.
Secondly I recently noticed while driving when I try to accelerate sometimes rpm won’t go beyond 3000 and 60km. To fix this I park and turn the engine of and on and it sorts it self. What could be the issue?
For your second query, you'll need to scan the car for fault codes.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 8:40am On Dec 07, 2023
Rex123:

For the first query did you reset the computer to 100 percent after the service and what engine oil did you buy. For the second one your car is on limp mode . The VTEC solenoid should be the culprit. If it's blocked by dirt it would happen

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: remi4ever(m), pryzlez

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.