Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (889637 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 9:33am On Mar 26
Supersaiyanlord:

Oh..that's noted.. did not know..I guess the spacer you bought had catalyst in it..
No, it didn't. Just ordinary spacer.
But like I said earlier, in testing a more sophisticated way to eliminate p0420. I'll update here after one week of using it.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Supersaiyanlord: 1:31pm On Mar 26
Macmilla:

No, it didn't. Just ordinary spacer.
But like I said earlier, in testing a more sophisticated way to eliminate p0420. I'll update here after one week of using it.
Nice.
There is a space gazzuzz sells..that one has mini catalyst in it..then you install the 02sensor on it..then install in the catalyst pot..it clears the code fro. Testimonies here.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 4:26pm On Mar 26
Supersaiyanlord:

Nice.
There is a space gazzuzz sells..that one has mini catalyst in it..then you install the 02sensor on it..then install in the catalyst pot..it clears the code fro. Testimonies here.
I bet it will still throw a sensor slow response code l. Since it's no longer in direct contact with flow of hot gases, it will take a bit longer to heat up and Honda will detect that delay. It's not about having a mini catalyst or not.
Have you seen someone that used a spacer on a Honda for a month or longer without a code?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Supersaiyanlord: 11:55am On Mar 27
Macmilla:

I bet it will still throw a sensor slow response code l. Since it's no longer in direct contact with flow of hot gases, it will take a bit longer to heat up and Honda will detect that delay. It's not about having a mini catalyst or not.
Have you seen someone that used a spacer on a Honda for a month or longer without a code?
Not really.. you know your onions
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 8:56pm On Mar 27
So it's been 1 week now and still no catalyst or O2 sensor codes. I didn't buy new catalyst and no spacer installed.
This method is not for any kazeem cos it involves soldering resistor and capacitor. Even your rewire may not be able to do it tho it's still not hard. I'll post the YouTube video for those interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHD7T7EhuzI?si=CGMOM1yZPw-5OhYE

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 4:44pm On Mar 28
How to test a VTC solenoid on 7th Gen accord.
This might work in other cars but I did it on my 2005 Honda Accord 4cyl.

If you want to buy a VTC solenoid but want to be sure it's working before installing it. Unplug the connector from the VTC solenoid on your engine (please leave the existing solenoid in situ). Connect the solenoid you want to test and hold it in place with your hand. Have someone start the car and raise it intermittently to to around 3500rpm. As the engine is raised and dropped, you will see the solenoid open and close smoothly. The more you raise the engine, the more it opens. If it doesn't open and is not smooth, please replace it.

NOTE: Opening and closing when connected to 12v does NOT guarantee smooth operation. It doesn't guarantee it will work smoothly. In the repair manual, Honda made it look like the solenoid is an open or close switch, like on/off switch. In operation, it is NOT. It gradually opens and closes depending on demand. The extent to which it opens depends on what the ECU wants and the solenoid must be able to make these adjustments smoothly or else you get a code.

Note: Make sure there's a solenoid installed right on the engine before starting the engine. That is not the one being tested. It is just there to avoid oil splashing everywhere.
If you want to test the one in your engine before buying, you can only do it on another car because you need a solenoid to block that hole on the engine.

Please as questions if you have any.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Dahniyel: 2:16am On Mar 29
Hello boss, I got this code on My Honda Accord 2009. I also observed the fuel consumption is a bit high, aside that the engine runs sommthly. What could be the solution please?

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by searchng4love: 4:47am On Mar 29
Dahniyel:
Hello boss, I got this code on My Honda Accord 2009. I also observed the fuel consumption is a bit high, aside that the engine runs sommthly. What could be the solution please?
Where's the code?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by remi4ever(m): 8:43am On Mar 29
I just got a new car honda inspire / accord 2.0l engine. I thought it would use the conventional 5w20 but a quick Google search came up with 0w20.

I'm confused.

Note this is a 2.0L engine.. Not 2.4l

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by saymatthew: 4:30pm On Mar 29
Good day,
Please I am looking for Mobil 1 Filter for Honda Civic. The number is Mobil 1 M1-110.
I have been searching online and in shops for this particular one.
I will appreciate any information on where to get this filter.
Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lawmanlala(m): 8:51am On Mar 30
My Accord 2007 keep leaking power steering oil. If i replace, it leaks oil under 10km driving. Please what is the solution? Also what is the alternative readily available steering fluid to use where the honda recommended one is not available? The manual says one can use any other fluid temporarily, but not gear oil
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by LordOsix(m): 10:33am On Mar 30
I experienced same with my CRV '03. On trouble shooting, my mechanic found out that the steering rack has gone bad. Try doing some trouble shooting.
lawmanlala:
My Accord 2007 keep leaking power steering oil. If i replace, it leaks oil under 10km driving. Please what is the solution? Also what is the alternative readily available steering fluid to use where the honda recommended one is not available? The manual says one can use any other fluid temporarily, but not gear oil
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lawmanlala(m): 2:37pm On Mar 30
Thank you sir, I'll meet a mechanic
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 4:14am On Mar 31
lawmanlala:
Silly question.
Solution to a leak is to plug the leak. Even a 5yo knows that.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lawmanlala(m): 8:29pm On Mar 31
What's is the recommended spark plug for honda accord 2007, my car is misfiring n doing brake quench
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vivalavida(m): 1:49am On Apr 01
lawmanlala:
What's is the recommended spark plug for honda accord 2007, my car is misfiring n doing brake quench

This your car really mean you this year.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by madmelon: 4:14am On Apr 01
Please my people in the house help me..my Honda 2004 model is leaking oil .I have taken it to 4 mechanics they keep changing oil seals but this problem persist I buy one litre every 4 days to top it. The last time I had to change the racing sensor seal .I don't think there is a single seal I have not changed.I'm really tired .I reside in Abuja
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Atolani11: 10:24am On Apr 03
Good morning.
So my Toyota corolla 2006 is jerking when u put the gear in drive. Also when i am accelerating...as it changes from gear 1 to 2, you ll feel the jerk(a kind of forward push).
I have heard the issue with my matrix before,and it was the gear mount that got broken,it was changed and the jerking stopped.
But now, the mechanic checked all the engine seat and gear mount and they are intact.
Transmission fluid is well gauged and pink.
Injector, fuel filter and plugs are fine.

However, we noticed that the bottom plate of the gear has hit ground before and slightly pressed inward.
The mechanic plan to open it and straightened it out, he said the gear might be forcefully drawing oil because of that.
He also said there's a worn up 'cup' beside the gear which he has packed.(that However didn't resolve the issue)
The jerk is just a bit exergerrated beyond the normal gear engagement you ll normally notice when you engage the gear.
From my previous experience....it shows thesame way it does with my matrix untill i changed the gear mount.
I was suprise this corolla isn't gear mount issue.

Please any plausible suggestions 🙏

Collione:

Now the issue you are experiencing is caused by the rocker arm sensor. Tell your mechanic to service it and ensure that the wires have no issues. If he does it and you test it, it should be rectified however if it continues then you need to replace it. Whenever the Rocker arm sensor fails you won't be able to over rev it will hook at 2k or max 3k rpm . If you force the rpm, the car will jerk as if you have gear problem but trust me your gear is fine.

You also need to meet a good qualified mechanic to find out what's wrong with your other sensors cos your car isn't performing optimally
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by splinterdude(m): 6:55pm On Apr 03
Anyone in Ibadan who knows where I can get original Honda Power steering fluid ? Most dealers here sell transmission fluid in place of power steering fluid.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 10:45am On Apr 06
madmelon:
Please my people in the house help me..my Honda 2004 model is leaking oil .I have taken it to 4 mechanics they keep changing oil seals but this problem persist I buy one litre every 4 days to top it. The last time I had to change the racing sensor seal .I don't think there is a single seal I have not changed.I'm really tired .I reside in Abuja

What engine is in your accord?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 10:47am On Apr 06
lawmanlala:

Go to oyingbo and buy it there. E full

Use that red atf only temporarily anything more than say 3000 miles and you will definitely start having leaking seals like you are having now.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 10:48am On Apr 06
remi4ever:
I just got a new car honda inspire / accord 2.0l engine. I thought it would use the conventional 5w20 but a quick Google search came up with 0w20.

I'm confused.

Note this is a 2.0L engine.. Not 2.4l

Use mobil 2000 5w30 black cover. It will be okay for you.

Don't use useless engine oil or remove yiur thermostat oh, if not your engine is gone.

That your engine is costlier than the 2.4 or 3.5ltr types. It's a unicorn and very expensive to replace.

dont play with it or your pocket and bank account will do tag-team bout with you

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Likeseun: 11:41am On Apr 06
Plz i plan to fix my Honda Civic 08 A/C back, Do anyone have resourceful Trusted AC guy around Alimosho. Kazeem and Wallata dem do strong tin.

Have been experiencing leakage over a year now.
Have change the valves they are still asking to change vacuum.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by remi4ever(m): 8:11pm On Apr 06
Conner44:

Use mobil 2000 5w30 black cover. It will be okay for you.

Don't use useless engine oil or remove yiur thermostat oh, if not your engine is gone.

That your engine is costlier than the 2.4 or 3.5ltr types. It's a unicorn and very expensive to replace.

dont play with it or your pocket and bank account will do tag-team bout with you

Wow. Thanks.. I already installed the thermostat myself and I removed the fan bypass. Today I monitored the data stream. The fan comes on when the coolant temperature is 105 and goes off at 98. I understand that the optimum coolant temperature is 90 - 105 and I'll not allow any Kazeem tell me what to do. My mechanic refused to install the TS, so i had to do it myself.

As for the oil, according to the Honda's manual 0w-20 or 5w-20 will do fine.

The fuel economy is excellent.. Without the thermostat I did 143 miles with 22 litres mixed traffic and some AC. I'm rambling, I'll stop now.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Dahniyel: 3:13am On Apr 07
searchng4love:

Where's the code?
P0011 - “Camshaft Position A - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance (Bank 1)”
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fineboynl(m): 9:03am On Apr 09
Guys. How often do you change your honda accord v6 engine sits?

Because I don't seems to understand why the mount spoil very often at month 3-6 months?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Onyeka90210(m): 9:44am On Apr 09
fineboynl:
Guys. How often do you change your honda accord v6 engine sits?

Because I don't seems to understand why the mount spoil very often at month 3-6 months?

Buy OEM toks
Those china new cut anyhow.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fineboynl(m): 5:59pm On Apr 09
Onyeka90210:

Buy OEM toks
Those china new cut anyhow.
the guy I called is calling 50k for toks the front and back.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mejai(m): 12:54am On Apr 10
Pls, how much for original gear auto transmission oil for 2.4l Honda Accord DC?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by MrBuzy: 7:25pm On Apr 11
Good Evening all. This Honda odyssey gearbox, from where do we connect water to the warmer.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by temi4fash(m): 9:07am On Apr 12
Good morning sirs

I noticed that when i use my car with AC for a very long time and it get very hot, the car begins to jack, vibrates inshort it would look the car is having a nervous breakdown.

During this time, if its on idle, the car sounds very fine. However, i engage it the gear on drive, it begins to vibrate and struggles to move.

What could be the wrong please?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by emadamysy: 8:16pm On Apr 12
temi4fash:
Good morning sirs

I noticed that when i use my car with AC for a very long time and it get very hot, the car begins to jack, vibrates inshort it would look the car is having a nervous breakdown.

During this time, if its on idle, the car sounds very fine. However, i engage it the gear on drive, it begins to vibrate and struggles to move.

What could be the wrong please?

Try and check engine mounts

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.