Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? (13823 Views)

Help!!! Which Should I Go For? A Laptop Or A Tablet Pc / How To Solve China Android Tablet Pc Hanging On Android Logo When Booting / 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 23, 2012
Godspeed! cool
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by blessed4ril(f): 8:38pm On Jul 23, 2012
Weda Niaja made oo or china made 4Niaja oo! Let atleast commend d guy 4takin dt BOLD step,first!
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by dayokanu(m): 8:40pm On Jul 23, 2012
Nice attempt bruv
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by sonety2k(m): 8:50pm On Jul 23, 2012
cool
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by oloriooko(m): 8:54pm On Jul 23, 2012
redcliff: 1. The name is not welcoming.
2. What's d difference between him and an ibo alaba trader that goes to china and gives specifications for my own custom version of a tablet pc.
3. If it was produced in nigeria, I would have been overglad to read this news.

Its no different to me. Call it hating but logically, its still the same thing cos I've not seen what part of the post where his input in terms of hardware / software contribution is mentioned

But hey, I'l still give him my full support cos he's one of our own.

You sound to know the art of Chinese biz and am scratching my head thinking why you are still here not doing all the trash you wrote there............egbee osi

Must your gummy brains be knocked into alignment for you to write inspiring and encouraging words instead of.your shallow comment olodo angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by mykali(m): 8:56pm On Jul 23, 2012
i sincerely wish he succeeds in this daring quest...
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 23, 2012
Dear Mr INYE dream big. 1 eNciper INYE per local government is such a small dream. If i was a prospective investor, i wouldn't catch a buzz. angry

1 Like

Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by Ejine(m): 9:00pm On Jul 23, 2012
Only a JJC would be singing praises because of this, and that's the plain truth.
Please, tell me, what is innovative about this? Isn't this the same thing Chinese people have been designing for a long time now? All he did was basically buy up those unbranded products from those guys and name his 'Inye', and you guys are here singing and shouting.
Tell me, isn't it running on the same Google Android tech?
Any Alaba guy who sees this would laugh his arse off cuz it's nothing new and they've been doing it for a long time now - Buy the substandard toy from the Chinkos, slap your brand name on it, finish!
Why una dey gullible like this?

And don't even get me started on that hilarious prize tag of 350 dollars! LMFAO!
Nexus and Kindle cost far cheaper (200 dollars) so what is the fuss here?

Chei, this guy don carry una brain play Ludo. grin

1 Like

Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by alienware(m): 9:03pm On Jul 23, 2012
dlox147:

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/54855-how-far-can-nigeria%E2%80%99s-low-cost-tablet-computer-go%3F.html
i don't like dat name "inye" get a better name for it, something sleek. One problem with you nigerian manufacturers is branding and finishing. Have u seen a made in nigeria shear butter ? Dirty and not properly branded. Sometimes u get to see aba made T-shirts with labels like odenigbo or ama kip kip ! What is dat ? Or dem go try copy "tommy hillfiger" come do mistake for the spelling. Even fake sef dey hard us to produce for this country.
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by Ejine(m): 9:04pm On Jul 23, 2012
blink182: Na wa o, e be like say I go hold N1m enter china, buy unbranded tablets and name them 'tatafo' make BBC show me for TV.

This is so uninspiring, people have been doing this with other consumer electronics na, difference is that they want it to sell fast, so they brand it, LG, Samsung, and the rest. This guy names his inye and he's trying to look special. Is the tablet not on android? What is he talking about software development as if he is one bill gates-even bill gates is not original.

Boys at alaba will simply hear this story and laugh because they are doing same and definitely making sales that this inye can't even dream off. And who told him his tablet is low cost? Has he heard of the Indian low cost tab.

Chei. Blink182 even beat me to it.
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by redcliff: 9:05pm On Jul 23, 2012
oloriooko:

You sound to know the art of Chinese biz and am scratching my head thinking why you are still here not doing all the trash you wrote there............egbee osi

Must your gummy brains be knocked into alignment for you to write inspiring and encouraging words instead of.your shallow comment olodo angry angry angry

Hey friend, I won't spend tonight exchanging words with u or going back and forth with you. If u r really smart enough to read my post u'l find out I'm just saying what's happening already. Look at my last sentence and please quote what it says. Call a spade one. Good night

1 Like

Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by osajojo(m): 9:08pm On Jul 23, 2012
This was how zinox and cosmos computers started. Its quite a simple deal its called MOQ in china. U pay dem money and modify their product with designs and desired specification. I did try out this business but cudnt find as much money to put them in d market. I really pray he finds market for them. It could be very discouraging. I encourage the govment to help him out. Contact me on kilowattc1@gmail.com for more info on how to get your products from china.

1 Like

Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by kolexy(m): 9:14pm On Jul 23, 2012
blink182: Na wa o, e be like say I go hold N1m enter china, buy unbranded tablets and name them 'tatafo' make BBC show me for TV.

This is so uninspiring, people have been doing this with other consumer electronics na, difference is that they want it to sell fast, so they brand it, LG, Samsung, and the rest. This guy names his inye and he's trying to look special. Is the tablet not on android? What is he talking about software development as if he is one bill gates-even bill gates is not original.

Boys at alaba will simply hear this story and laugh because they are doing same and definitely making sales that this inye can't even dream off. And who told him his tablet is low cost? Has he heard of the Indian low cost tab.

It will interest you to know that Samsung, and other asian tablet makers also run on google android. The guy has not claimed to be an inventor, but an entrepreneur.

1 Like

Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by matrixme(m): 9:22pm On Jul 23, 2012
We'd really love to buy the capsule. (my bad, I meant tablet!) A little advise though, he should be not make it a product we can only afford to praise from afar. Like the article above described it's dollar equivalent. Who wants to start calculating? Maybe he should also liase with the local networks in its sales and distribution. Those walk-in centres across the federation, always selling chinese brands and Blackberry, can't they for once be patriotic? Well, the bad guys always gets the good stuffs.
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by Sunofgod(m): 9:25pm On Jul 23, 2012
I'm also an innovator:

Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by stpat1(m): 9:37pm On Jul 23, 2012
I'd have commended if some parts were made in Nigeria even if its d plastic covers. For now I see no difference between this and other china made ones that have larger displays and are still cheaper.

Well maybe I need to operate one, see the difference then deduce inference.
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by ozoebuka1(m): 10:18pm On Jul 23, 2012
Why do we only see the bad side of things? if u cant appreciate dat guy for his product, atleast, appreciate him for having appeared on bbc...imao. thanks.
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by omakay(m): 10:30pm On Jul 23, 2012
Nice Product. Poor Branding.... The name!!!!!! INYE
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by Padipadi(m): 10:43pm On Jul 23, 2012
This is the greatest news so far that came from Nigeria this year. I m sooo happy for him, for Nigerians.
No doubt, it's gonna work perfectly & with time, drive away the foreign made products.
I feel like jumping!!!

1 Like

Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by blackbeau1(f): 10:43pm On Jul 23, 2012
:-XHmmmmmm.
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by ocheejemb: 10:45pm On Jul 23, 2012
You guys are so clever!!! Where are the Ipad, Nexus, Galaxy and almost every other thing in this world manufactured..in the US? in Finland? Instead of supporting your own, you are here making judgements as if you have ever done anything worth recognition.As for me, I certainly would buy the tablet, if it is cheaper but as good as any other tablet. Especially if it comes with a warranty valid in Nigeria, and can be fixed by a trained technician in Nigeria.
I certainly see how scores of Nigerians can benefit from this low-cost, made-for-Nigeria tablet computer. Go ahead and buy your 75 dollar tablet and see if it can even connect to the Internet
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by oladayo042: 10:46pm On Jul 23, 2012
Made in China Nigeria tablets! Only time will tell.

Kudos to the guy for being 'sharp' anyway.
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:56pm On Jul 23, 2012
Padipadi: This is the greatest news so far that came from Nigeria this year. I m sooo happy for him, for Nigerians.
No doubt, it's gonna work perfectly & with time, drive away the foreign made products.
I feel like jumping!!!
seconded
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by ocheejemb: 11:05pm On Jul 23, 2012
Ejiné: Only a JJC would be singing praises because of this, and that's the plain truth.
Please, tell me, what is innovative about this? Isn't this the same thing Chinese people have been designing for a long time now? All he did was basically buy up those unbranded products from those guys and name his 'Inye', and you guys are here singing and shouting.
Any Alaba guy who sees this would laugh his arse off cuz it's nothing new and they've been doing it for a long time now - Buy the substandard toy from the Chinkos, slap your brand name on it, finish!

And don't even get me started on that hilarious prize tag of 350 dollars! LMFAO!

Have you even seen the product before you start to compare it with the cheap stuff from China.
Can he not have gone to China to request a high quality device be custom-made for the Nigerian environment? You say Alaba boys are doing this and laughing to the bank, so why do you think he wont also be laughing to the Bank? Do Alaba boys have coverage from the BBC and CNN? Do the Alaba boys have Masters degrees and an idea of how to build a brand? Is everything not made in China from the Ipad to the Nexus and probably even the Galaxy? I love how you say 'same Google Android' tech as though its some obscure O/S. Doesnt everything run on Android nowadays? do you expect him to build his own OS. Its still people like you that would come back and rubbish all his efforts if he attempted to do such a thing.Would you even by a product made in Nigeria, is it even feasible to make such a thing in Nigeria? Using generator abi? If its so easy to do why haven't you gone and done it?

The Kindle costs 200 dollars...is it a tablet? The New Nexus costs 200 dollars only in the States, bringing it in would increase the price and yeah its Google...they are causing headaches for even the iPad...Inye might have to reduce its price to compete, but how will it even compete when Nigerians like you are already trashing the product before even seeing it.

5 Likes

Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by AjanleKoko: 11:39pm On Jul 23, 2012
It's a good idea and effort, but destined to fail, given the market reality.
But I am sure he will learn something about business with this venture.
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by Michky: 11:54pm On Jul 23, 2012

Abeg tell them o!
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by amosy007: 11:54pm On Jul 23, 2012
redcliff: 1. The name is not welcoming.
2. What's d difference between him and an ibo alaba trader that goes to china and gives specifications for my own custom version of a tablet pc.
3. If it was produced in nigeria, I would have been overglad to read this news.

Its no different to me. Call it hating but logically, its still the same thing cos I've not seen what part of the post where his input in terms of hardware / software contribution is mentioned

But hey, I'l still give him my full support cos he's one of our own.
yeah.. Exactly like innoson
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by amobii: 12:03am On Jul 24, 2012
Waooooo, i am so disappointed in some of the comment here, we know u guys no good idea, no business concept and nothing to improve your society, yet if some is trying you guys comes with critics, all these cannot help our dear country. Many said the 'Inye Tablet' is made in china, most of your laptop, ipad and phone phones you use are made from China, because of labour cost, infrastructure. He invented a tablet with his right design and software,which other manufacturer does and every tablet have same function, may be little different from manufacturer. Blackberry, sony, samsung, ipad, google nexus, kindle, prestigio multipad,acer, Inye and many more perform the same function but performance are different based on the component, and unique difference from manufacturer.
I believe the guy can do better, if he work more on Marketing which will include all the 4ps, mostly the pricing is wrong if you are competing with big brands and not having a market share before.
Please stop your offensive comment and let encourage the guy.

1 Like

Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 24, 2012
naijababe: Nigerians! Dreamkillers!!!
No one is killing dreams here, this my fellow countryman is definitely a joker, I may want to know the date and time of this fake BBC broadcast and interview.
His developing a tablet for african or nigeria market is an insult, tablets are nothing new, I have one I bought in shenzhen china the city where apple ipad is made, my is $80 ,andriod version 4.0 0S 16GB, double camera, external 3G, apps loaded, he's at $350 may gather dust or he has PDP people to sell to
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by Michky: 12:07am On Jul 24, 2012
Ejiné: Only a JJC would be singing praises because of this, and that's the plain truth.

No mind them. Na so jonaretardeen dey carry their brain play table tennis. Awon ode.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! / My Upgrade To Windows 8 / I Forgot My Bank Account Number, What Do I Do ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.