Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,961 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? (13821 Views)

Help!!! Which Should I Go For? A Laptop Or A Tablet Pc / How To Solve China Android Tablet Pc Hanging On Android Logo When Booting / 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by blackweaver(m): 6:06am On Jul 25, 2012
TCD: $350? BlackBerry playbook tablet costs less than that, Google's nexus tablet is $200, amazon Kindle fire $200. And we should buy onyinye Chinese tablets for $350? OYO

totally agree, and we also remember the biggest (generally) unspoken issue with most chinese products - lack of adequate support. will hold my patience and wait for the nexus7 to hit naija instead
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by 5much(m): 11:32am On Jul 25, 2012
what a courageous and innovative fellow.thumbs up, guy.
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by ocheejemb: 2:36pm On Jul 25, 2012
oche_ejemb:
You guys are so clever!!! Where are the Ipad, Nexus, Galaxy and almost every other thing in this world manufactured..in the US? in Finland? Instead of supporting your own, you are here making judgements as if you have ever done anything worth recognition.As for me, I certainly would buy the tablet, if it is cheaper but as good as any other tablet. Especially if it comes with a warranty valid in Nigeria, and can be fixed by a trained technician in Nigeria.
I certainly see how scores of Nigerians can benefit from this low-cost, made-for-Nigeria tablet computer. Go ahead and buy your 75 dollar tablet and see if it can even connect to the Internet
[/quoute]

[quote author=texazzpete]

You're so unintelligent.

All those devices are DESIGNED to the last nut and bolt in the US or South Korea by Apple and Samsung respectively. Then the finalized designs are given to hi-tech chinese manufacturers to assemble or manufacture for sale.

You want to compare that with tablets and phones designed and made by 5-10 employee 'factories' who have no stringent QA proceedures laid down and do not care for the quality of the finished product.

Keep parroting that intensely m0r0nic "all other devices are made in China" and remain mired in deep ignorance.

There's a reason why iPhones have the tag "Designed in California, Assembled in China" written on them.

Yes, I am unintelligent because you say so, and you are so knowledgeable and smart.

The problem is you have failed to raise any valid point with this your post here.

You affirm that indeed all these devices are manufactured in China, even if they are designed elsewhere. How is this any different from what Adepoju says he has done? Designed in Lagos, Manufactured in China! Obviously, he doesn't have the resources (or even the support) to invest millions of dollars into R and D, but he has come up with specifications he feels would do well in the Nigerian environment. Take for example, RIM's Playbook, which is a very wonderful piece of hardware, but quite useless in Nigeria as it connects exclusively via WiFi. The Apple and Samsung variants which can run on 3G cost considerably more than this. And Google has everyone shitting their pants anyways with the release of the Nexus.

Most people's gripe on here is the fact that the device is 'Made in China', another low quality China product. Again I ask, at the risk of sounding intensely moronic to your obviously superior intelligence, what isn't made in China (even if its designed in the US, or Korea or in Heaven)

Have you been to the factory they are made? How do you know its a 5 - 10 man assembly plant without any QA procedures? If you don't have these facts on any verifiable authority, are you not just a bad-belle hater envious of someone doing something with his life? Adepoju is trying to build a brand here, and is probably fully aware of the cheap spec tabs in the market, having actually gone to the same China they are made. He could have very much have done the same thing as the Otigba boys, imported a few thousand 75 dollar tablets, stuck his name on it if need be, and sold it for 100 dollars. If it spoils in one month, who cares, he's laughing at the bank.

I admit, maybe in comparison to other tablets, Inye might need to go down on the price, but how does he do this
a. without compromising the quality of the product (which is already under question from you guys without even seeing the damn thing)
b. while maintaining a profit such that it even makes any type of sense for him to remain in this line of business.

According to this interview anyways, he'd very much like to go down on the price. But he needs considerable funding to be able to do that. If Nigerian investors are anything like your intelligent, visionary selves then sadly its going to be a very tough endeavour for this guy. I wish him all the best, the sky is wide enough for all the stars to shine.

http://techloy.com/2012/03/16/cnn-interviews-encipher-ceo-saheed-adepoju-video/

1 Like

Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by ocheejemb: 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2012
antitpiah:

But this is not HP. And definitely not anywhere close to Apple, not in this lifetime.

Meaning Nigerians are dumb and lazy?

We cant even be competitive with China?

And in spite of all these advantages that we have over other well regulated but low paying economies, we still cant compete with China? There is no hope then. We might as well lie down and wait for asteroid Apophis to kill us all.

You want us to compete with China? Have we beaten Ghana first? You do know China is the world's largest exporter and fastest growing economy right?
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by AjanleKoko: 6:02pm On Jul 25, 2012
It's quite hilarious to read some of the comments here. Especially the fellas who say the name is not appealing. Why not? Because it's a Nigerian word?
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by TCD: 6:23pm On Jul 25, 2012
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 25, 2012
AjanleKoko: It's quite hilarious to read some of the comments here. Especially the fellas who say the name is not appealing. Why not? Because it's a Nigerian word?

I reckon AJANLEKOKO is a better name grin
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by AjanleKoko: 11:32pm On Jul 25, 2012
naijababe:

I reckon AJANLEKOKO is a better name grin

AJANLEKOKO would be more apt if we were talking about a heat-seeking missile grin
After all, the Air Force just named a bomb disposal robot 'AMEBO' grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:53pm On Jul 27, 2012
oche_ejemb: Most people's gripe on here is the fact that the device is 'Made in China', another low quality China product. Again I ask, at the risk of sounding intensely moronic to your obviously superior intelligence, what isn't made in China (even if its designed in the US, or Korea or in Heaven)

Have you been to the factory they are made? How do you know its a 5 - 10 man assembly plant without any QA procedures? If you don't have these facts on any verifiable authority, are you not just a bad-belle hater envious of someone doing something with his life? Adepoju is trying to build a brand here, and is probably fully aware of the cheap spec tabs in the market, having actually gone to the same China they are made. He could have very much have done the same thing as the Otigba boys, imported a few thousand 75 dollar tablets, stuck his name on it if need be, and sold it for 100 dollars. If it spoils in one month, who cares, he's laughing at the bank.

I admit, maybe in comparison to other tablets, Inye might need to go down on the price, but how does he do this
a. without compromising the quality of the product (which is already under question from you guys without even seeing the damn thing)
b. while maintaining a profit such that it even makes any type of sense for him to remain in this line of business.

Clap for it!!!! u too make sense.

I guess you missed the part where somebody identified the tablet your "inventor/innovator" rebadged? http://www.ankaka.com/apad-2-android-22-tablet-pcresistive-touch-screen-wifi-3g-flash-101-800mhz-cpu-7-gsensor-camera_p47893.html

and i also suppose that as you accused tex of

oche_ejemb: "Have you been to the factory they are made? How do you know its a 5 - 10 man assembly plant without any QA procedures? If you don't have these facts on any verifiable authority, are you not just a bad-belle hater envious of someone doing something with his life?"

you have been there and have knowledge that proves contrary?

this is not patriotism, this is crass ignorance coupled with misplaced ideology.

You call what he is doing a brand? name one brand that does that model and is successful.

even zinox at least buys parts and assembles them here to specs.

what your hero is, for want of a better word, is a FRAUD. a fraud who buys substandard chinese tablets, rebadges them, misrepresent them to a gullible public that the product is a nigerian product and sells them for a hefty premium based on that sentiment.

how does he differ from the average obinna in aba market? other than the access he managed to get tp publicity. whats the difference?

what added value does he add to those tablets? after purchase what do you get from him?

If he needs considerable funding he should go get an importation loan from a bank! or is that not his business?

NONSENSE
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by sunshineky(m): 7:03pm On Jul 27, 2012
All u black belle pple that cannot even brand matches! All u do is talk talk talk!!! Mssstttssss!
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by pt109rick: 4:04pm On Aug 19, 2012
An American company will be introducing their new APOLLO tablet pc to Nigeria this year. It is one the thinnest 7 inch pads ever made measuring only 8.7mm thick., has 1.4ghz qualcomm processor, 1gb RAM, 2gb ROM, 16GB internal memory and SD card for additional 64GB of memory, Android 4.04 OS, 1024x600 IPS screen, 1.3mp front and 8mp back camera with flash, 3.0 bluetooth, WIFI b/g/n, SIM card slot GSM for phone call and internal 3G internet UMTS HSPA, Flash 11, GPS/AGPS, 3D capable and much more. Priced between 299-499usd. Nothing Compares, not even Apples Ipad nor Samsung. With our tablet you can make phone calls, use it anywhere in the world and it fits nicely in a ladies hand bag or pocket. Wacoolen Technologies Inc. info@wacoolen.com
Re: Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? by saleskara: 5:27pm On May 26, 2013
You may check nice Android tablets. Branded as Kara with a free leather case

and keyboard. Wholesalers and retailers are welcome. For more information Please

visit http://www.kara.com.ng/tablets/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! / My Upgrade To Windows 8 / I Forgot My Bank Account Number, What Do I Do ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.