Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,081 members, 7,852,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:30 PM

Go To School,get A Good Grade So You Can Get A Good Job..does It Still Work ? - Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adverts / Go To School,get A Good Grade So You Can Get A Good Job..does It Still Work ? (483 Views)

Wholesale 1st Grade London Bale Clothings / Quality Grade AAA Used Clothes In 45KG Available Now! / Quality Grade AAA Used Clothes In 45KG Available for Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Go To School,get A Good Grade So You Can Get A Good Job..does It Still Work ? by dotun7(m): 11:44am On Jul 23, 2012
Dear Friend,
You may not know it but…
You have been misled.
If you think that the ideal path to financial security looks like this…
“Go to school, get good grades, land a high-paying job (as an accountant, banker, doctor, engineer, nurse, call center manager, etc.), save for retirement, travel and enjoy your golden years…”
…you may be in for a big surprise — a surprise that happens when it’s already too late.
The surprise is this… only about 5% of the people following that path ever achieve a comfortable retirement.
Shocking?
It’s true… the rest of the 95% of hard-working, well-intentioned people will either be broke, dependent on family/government, or still working.
If you don’t believe this, check the people around you who are retired or close to retirement. How many are financially secure? If you do know people who are financially secure, chances are they did it on their own!
If you find “Working Hard for 40 years” EXCITING then this message is probably NOT for you.
Don’t get me wrong… I believe employment is good, but in our economy, I believe in having a Plan B.
To know if you concur on this you can learn more on http://explorefreedom.com/entrepreneurship/
Where you have access to watch two videos to know what is not known to you.
Re: Go To School,get A Good Grade So You Can Get A Good Job..does It Still Work ? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 23, 2012
You're right. I believe Nigerian youths have been fed with the wrong Idea of getting a good degree and if possible get a masters and whatever, then you're qualified for a meal ticket that will last your lifetime. We need to bring back the spirit of enterprise, hard work and financial freedom. Some of our older generations did it and so you can.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Need Of A Functional Filling Station In Apapa Axis / MBER Discount Offer / Matlab/AutoCAD made easy in two wks @ student friendly price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.