Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun (7681 Views)

APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others / Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election / Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by pcnwamadi(m): 5:11pm On Jul 23, 2012
Demdem:

Do u mind the foool. he is among those killing and destroying this country. Can u imagine that the iiidiot sells NDDC contracts? why wont he be in the defence of his fellow fisherman?

Atleast i ve sumtin am doing, not a jobless frustrated fool like u.. Olodo
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by imoleayo55(m): 5:20pm On Jul 23, 2012
pcnwamadi:

the way Nigerians insult their President is very anoying. am sure you fool has never checked the meaning of "retarden". you call him dumbo, i can assure no member of your brainless family can archieve half what he has archived in the next 100years. what have you done in ur own little way to help people around u? bunch of idiots
what's your laptop number? we know beaf is 1, you would have to fight for 2, mind you billyonaire is a strong favourite for that spot....so you need to be better in defending your boss...

2 Likes

Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Pukkah: 5:23pm On Jul 23, 2012
pcnwamadi:

How did you get the contracts you are selling and what are the effects of the selling on the final quality or performance of the jobs?
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by ABUGEORGE(m): 5:40pm On Jul 23, 2012
I wonder d way some fellow nigeria reason at times, if A C N people should be happy for once to see freedom of wat dey are voting for. P D P has been on power for how many years wat do we see embezzlement, corruption everythin about dem just bad, pls try to check any A C N govt dat is not performin in his or her state, my broda is hightime nigeria defend their right and shine ur eyes. IS BETTER YOU WORK TO THIEF THAN NOT TO WORK BUT EATIN THE MONEY AND STEALIN. DAT IS MY PARABLE. Am not a politician but i love travellin alot. I love freedom
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Dtwoabbey(m): 6:19pm On Jul 23, 2012
alaoeri: Same 'll happen if PDP is the sitting governor.
that was the bad examples laid down by the past pdp led government. No doubt in all state where ACN is ruling, the same thing will continue to happen. No single chairman position will be given to the pdp because they are bad people. Won ti ko omo eranko logbon tan bayi, apa won o wa ka mo. God will safe us.
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Kajab: 6:46pm On Jul 23, 2012
Kabikala:

I disagree entirely with these views.

Firstly, no APGA controlled state government had ever conducted Local Government elections in the history of Nigeria so we don't know that this would hold if they do so. That is the reason for the pressure being mounted on Peter Obi of Anambra State by many groups, including his own party Chairman. it is apparent that Peter Obi does not believe his party will triumph if he goes ahead to conduct LGA elections so he decides to deliberately engineer delays till his tenure expires. Okorocha (Imo Governor) is the only other APGA Governor and he came in just about a year ago and dissolved the LGA councils, an action that was recently invalidated by the courts.

Secondly, how did you come about the allegation of rigging in this LGA election when the ACN secured more than two-thirds of all contested positions during the 2011 general elections conducted by the FG-constituted INEC? While not ruling out rigging as may happen with politicians, I would prefer evidence-based arguments rather than rumours and generalizations based on what has happened in the past. For example, Oshiomhole won his gubernatorial elections in all 18 LGAs in Edo State this month in a process that was managed by the FG-constituted INEC, would you say he rigged again if his party wins in all 18 LGAs during the LGA elections later?

My point is that it is unfair to classify the Ogun SIEC as partisan or to describe the Ogun LGA elections as a charade without substantiating it. The Ogun State Governor came out to say that this particular LGA election is the best election in the history of Ogun State since 1999; fault him based on facts please, not sentiments.

Geniusly expressed!
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Phikom(m): 7:00pm On Jul 23, 2012
Ola one: Landslide
and decay
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Desola(f): 7:29pm On Jul 23, 2012
Really happy for Ogun. Now, will Amosun wake up and get to work?

Sheesh!
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Ask4bigneyo(m): 8:20pm On Jul 23, 2012
Take a look @ d picture of d swearing-in chairmen...

Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Demdem(m): 8:25pm On Jul 23, 2012
pcnwamadi:

So u regard criminal activities like urs as job eh, u gat jokes grin grin in decent societies ur kind finds themselves in jail. Contract seller indeed, shameless iidiot. Thief.

1 Like

Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by gabriel212: 9:09pm On Jul 23, 2012
How on earth would you had imagined pdp to subside ACN in the local goveerment election when majority of the house is being ruled by the ACN?
By adopting the reality, I wouldn't imagine ACN to win in Imeko Afon LG coz it is the state of Isiaka the governorship aspirant under Gbenga Daniel lead political party! So, let be realistic in our mode of argument and jettison partisanship and also take a leap from personalizing issues.
pdp had notin to show up for their achievement other than seismic corruption associated to their party.
I CONGRATULATE THE ACN!!!

1 Like

Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Adaa2(m): 9:15pm On Jul 23, 2012
No state government can conduct free and fair election. Yet some people are calling for state police! Shaking my head.

1 Like

Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Biggyd2: 10:28pm On Jul 23, 2012
Same thing that happened in Lagos. Well at least they didn't win in one LG in Ogun. I wonder how this non-ACN LG is going to function. Democracy at work indeed! When Nigeria is ready for democracy we will know.
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by 4tune1(m): 12:34am On Jul 24, 2012
tongue Next is Ondo State.
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by pcnwamadi(m): 7:58am On Jul 24, 2012
Demdem:

So u regard criminal activities like urs as job eh, u gat jokes grin grin in decent societies ur kind finds themselves in jail. Contract seller indeed, shameless iidiot. Thief.

I can see ur rily frustrated by poverty.. Have u ever heard that anybody went to jail for selling NDDC jobs? Ur even more dumb dan i tot.. No wonda d rich kips getin richer and d poor continue to wallow in deir poverty.. I said it b4 and will say it again, u and ur family can neva and will neva archive half of wat Mr. President has archieved in d next 100yrs. Get dat into ur poverty consumed dumb brain..
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Mutee: 8:15am On Jul 24, 2012
ifihearam:

Tinubu is a master rigger na
Highly trained
You people, Phee Dee Phee taught him and now he's far far better than you. ROTFLMAO! grin
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Demdem(m): 8:21am On Jul 24, 2012
pcnwamadi:

I can see ur rily frustrated by poverty.. Have u ever heard that anybody went to jail for selling NDDC jobs? Ur even more dumb dan i tot.. No wonda d rich kips getin richer and d poor continue to wallow in deir poverty.. I said it b4 and will say it again, u and ur family can neva and will neva archive half of wat Mr. President has archieved in d next 100yrs. Get dat into ur poverty consumed dumb brain..

I dont need to come here on Nl to start brandishing my achievements so far. The little i can tell u is that i'm very much ok (to God be the glory) so ur poverty rants is simply Bunkum. My family to the next generation is settled for good cool cool cool. its u that needs to be involved in a crime to sustain ur household however watch it because such wealth dont last.

because no one hasnt gone to jail because of it doesnt mean it isnt criminal. It shows how lawless and disgusting our society is. Selling Contracts not even to the most competent but to the highest bidder who at the end of the day does a shoddy and miserable job and before u know it ur people will be shouting marginalisation claiming the North is the reason why they are in pain.

The Retardeen is doing good for himself and his crooks (like ur kind) however to the masses whom he swore to , he is failing miserably. Thats is a fact.

2 Likes

Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Mutee: 8:29am On Jul 24, 2012
Saheed9: acn snatched ballot boxes in my local govt. ijebu north
When Phee Dee Phee snatched the same boxes did you tell us? Why now?
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Okijajuju1(m): 9:31am On Jul 24, 2012
Kabikala:

I disagree entirely with these views.

Firstly, no APGA controlled state government had ever conducted Local Government elections in the history of Nigeria so we don't know that this would hold if they do so. That is the reason for the pressure being mounted on Peter Obi by many groups, including his own party Chairman to conduct LGA elections which had failed to hold for about 6 years now in Anambra State. It is apparent that Peter Obi does not believe his party will triumph if he goes ahead to conduct LGA elections so he decides to deliberately engineer delays till his tenure expires. Okorocha (Imo Governor) is the only other APGA Governor and he came in just about a year ago and dissolved the LGA councils, an action that was recently invalidated by the courts.

Secondly, how did you come about the allegation of rigging in this LGA election when the ACN secured more than two-thirds of all contested positions during the 2011 general elections conducted by the FG-constituted INEC? While not ruling out rigging as may happen with politicians, I would prefer evidence-based arguments rather than rumours and generalizations based on what has happened in the past. For example, Oshiomhole won his gubernatorial elections in all 18 LGAs in Edo State this month in a process that was managed by the FG-constituted INEC, would you say he rigged again if his party wins in all 18 LGAs during the LGA elections later?

My point is that it is unfair to classify the Ogun SIEC as partisan or to describe the Ogun LGA elections as a charade without substantiating it. The Ogun State Governor came out to say that this particular LGA election is the best election in the history of Ogun State since 1999; fault him based on facts please, not sentiments.

Dude!! All we said was that no Yoruba man would scream rigging especially seeing that ACN won.. And please spear me the partisan bullshit.. Nigerian elections are always decided along partisan lines.. Rivers State (PDP), Anambra, Imo and Abis (APGA) and Lagos State and the West (ACN)..
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by supereagle(m): 11:48am On Jul 24, 2012
afam4eva: People will come now and say the election was free and fair because it was ACN that won. Had it been PDP now, people would have said that it was rigged.
It was conducted and counted before everybody . No mago mago like that of Ohakim 2010 LG election which pdp won 100%.
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by bashydemy(m): 11:54am On Jul 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

Dude!! All we said was that no Yoruba man would scream rigging especially seeing that ACN won.. And please spear me the partisan bullshit.. Nigerian elections are always decided along partisan lines.. Rivers State (PDP), Anambra, Imo and Abis (APGA) and Lagos State and the West (ACN)..
And remember Ondo is LP state
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by EkoIle1: 2:29pm On Jul 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

The man said come up with hard facts and not the same baseless rubbish.

1 Like

Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Okijajuju1(m): 2:55pm On Jul 24, 2012
Eko Ile:

The man said come up with hard facts and not the same baseless rubbish.

Nobody is accusing them of rigging!! However, people are rather quick to accept the election result because a Yoruba party ACN won massively in a Yoruba state.. So Nothing spoil!
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by EkoIle1: 4:10pm On Jul 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

Nobody is accusing them of rigging!! However, people are rather quick to accept the election result because a Yoruba party ACN won massively in a Yoruba state.. So Nothing spoil!

You are still playing games with your words. You are not blaming anybody, but you are still talking about Yoruba people accepting results because ACN won. What do you want them to do?,So what's the deal? What are you insinuating?

Say what's on your mind and stop the chicken and coward game. If you really have no objection, then keep quiet and move on.
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Okijajuju1(m): 4:36pm On Jul 24, 2012
Eko Ile:

You are still playing games with your words. You are not blaming anybody, but you are still talking about Yoruba people accepting results because ACN won. What do you want them to do?,So what's the deal? What are you insinuating?

Say what's on your mind and stop the chicken and coward game. If you really have no objection, then keep quiet and move on.

Simple...

If PDP had won the same amount of LGA in this same election, no matter how free or fair it was, Yoruba people would have still accused them of rigging!!

Its not word games son, its just the plain honest truth!!!

The gods are wise
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by EkoIle1: 4:56pm On Jul 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

Simple...

If PDP had won the same amount of LGA in this same election, no matter how free or fair it was, Yoruba people would have still accused them of rigging!!

Its not word games son, its just the plain honest truth!!!

Granted, you are entitled to your opinion, but labeling your opinion the honest truth sounds ridiculously silly and dishonest. Stick to your opinion and leave facts and honesty that you can not base on anything alone
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Okijajuju1(m): 7:52pm On Jul 24, 2012
Eko Ile:

Granted, you are entitled to your opinion, but labeling your opinion the honest truth sounds ridiculously silly and dishonest. Stick to your opinion and leave facts and honesty that you can not base on anything alone

I just said what I said... That you disagree dosent make it less factual than it actually is....

Cheers!
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Larufa(m): 8:00pm On Jul 24, 2012
The election is not free and fair but it is peaceful.

Just a recap, when the "killing" Emperor Daniel was on the governor, the local government election was neither free/fair nor peaceful.

All PDP/PPN supporters should shut up for they are worse.

Please do not get me wrong: "Two wrongs can never be right".

For now Nigeria, we have to make do with this win-at-all-cost madness.

@Okija_juju: People are not complaining because ACN is popular but PDP has never be in Yoruba Land.
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Okijajuju1(m): 8:08pm On Jul 24, 2012
Larufa: The election is not free and fair but it is peaceful.

Just a recap, when the "killing" Emperor Daniel was on the governor, the local government election was neither free/fair nor peaceful.

All PDP/PPN supporters should shut up for they are worse.

Please do not get me wrong: "Two wrongs can never be right".

For now Nigeria, we have to make do with this win-at-all-cost madness.

@Okija_juju: People are not complaining because ACN is popular but PDP has never be in Yoruba Land.

I rest my case....
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by EkoIle1: 8:35pm On Jul 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

I just said what I said... That you disagree dosent make it less factual than it actually is....

Cheers!

Seems you do not know the meaning of factual. Opinion and facts are 2 different things. There is nothing factual about opinions especially yours.
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Akainzo(m): 9:20pm On Jul 24, 2012
pcnwamadi:

the way Nigerians insult their President is very anoying. am sure you fool has never checked the meaning of "retarden". you call him dumbo, i can assure no member of your brainless family can archieve half what he has archived in the next 100years. what have you done in ur own little way to help people around u? bunch of idiots

So based on these your idea of achievemnts, even Steve Jobs, has not achieved a quarter of GEJ seeing as he never won even a council election!

Many have achieved more than him, and many more are achieving much more than he is doing and many will stay surpass his achievemnts in Politics. he has been fortunate, but truly, his achievemnts have been minimal (bordering on non-existence.)
Re: ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun by Akainzo(m): 9:27pm On Jul 24, 2012
afam4eva: People will come now and say the election was free and fair because it was ACN that won. Had it been PDP now, people would have said that it was rigged.

The bias in your post is nauseating. In as much as you hold a hypocrital view to things anti-PDP, you should not make such sweeping statements.

Yes, many electuons have been adjudeged ad rigged in Nigeria and 99% of them were won by PDP candidates, should there not a popular opinion of PDP always rigging? Can you compare the total number of PDP victories that have been upturned to the number of those won by opposition that were upturned?

Your ilks came on here about the Lagos LGA elections, tell me, how many has the courts upturned? But check each electuions in even PDP mcontrolled states, na so-so judiciary dey upturn their victories.

So the view that PDP rigs is not because other parties lose, it is because PDP has a tendency to rig their ways to victory.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Rescue 10 Kidnap Victims In Ekiti / Don't Tell Me This Is True (pics) / Seismic Activity (earthquake Or Volcano) Ongoing In Nigeria And Chad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.