Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

The Great Songhai Empire - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Great Songhai Empire (51260 Views)

Auwa The Daughter Of Askiya The Great Of Songhai Empire Married The Sarki Of Ka / The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture / History Of The Oyo Empire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 24, 2012
so @onila if i get married with a nigerian girl and become the president of cameroon i must be considered as a sell out right?
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nayah(f): 12:50am On Jul 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: yup in Mali why you don't kick the french azz ...you are so free ...any west African except the smallest and poorest one can fix the problem in -72H but no one will do it because we all know that our masters are behind that and no one(leaders) want to go against their interests but i thought you said ghana is a free country
That's the role of a leader you're right!
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by SmoothCrim: 12:52am On Jul 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: yup in Mali why you don't kick the french azz ...you are so free ...any west African except the smallest and poorest one can fix the problem in -72H but no one will do it because we all know that our masters are behind that and no one(leaders) want to go against their interests but i thought you said ghana is a free country

You think like a typical dumb Bakassi man!!!

grin grin grin grin grin

Go find out who funds Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb?? Europeans who they capture and get huge ransoms from!!!

Then ask yourself,

How did the problem in Mali come about??

NATO invaded Libya and the guns that were on the loose were used to help the Tuareg rebellion and overrun the North which gave the space for Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb to take over...

If NATO created it then, they should solve it! Why on earth would I want to die for NATO's interests(Libyan oil)!!

Are you crazy??
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by onila(f): 12:52am On Jul 24, 2012
puppet 4

our beloved french neighbours

Cameroonian president Paul biya and french wife grin

Re: The Great Songhai Empire by SmoothCrim: 12:55am On Jul 24, 2012
Onila, people can marry who they want! As long as they are happy who cares??

Many of them went to French schools and were surrounded by French women so, it is not shocking they married one!!!!
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 12:55am On Jul 24, 2012
SmoothCrim:

You think like a typical dumb Bakassi man!!!

grin grin grin grin grin

Go find out who funds Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb?? Europeans who they capture and get huge ransoms from!!!

Then ask yourself,

How did the problem in Mali come about??

NATO invaded Libya and the guns that were on the lose were used to help the Tuareg rebellion and overrun the North which gave the space for Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb to take over...

If NATO created it then, they should solve it! Why on earth would I want to die for NATO's interests(Libyan oil)!!

Are you crazy??
how come you don't want to die for the freedom of Africa......it's the same in Cameroon no one want to die over an oil company .....after all it's only a natural resource ....we complain because we are exploited without any solutions to our minimal problems(health,education,food etc) if cameroon had it i wouldn't care about who pumps my oil
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by onila(f): 12:55am On Jul 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: so @onila if i get married with a nigerian girl and become the president of cameroon i must be considered as a sell out right?

as far as shes black, no problem

french man samuel eto married an Iviorian lady but still a national hero but not considered a sell out

as fas as shes black

These Presidents with white spouses are the shames of African leadership. Do you know how many beautiful black African chicks there are on this continent? If you want a foreigner, at least marry a African Carribean or African American. This is black continent. . . .put black skinned women in government house to represent our image and pride.

have u ever seen a white president with a black lady

1 Like

Re: The Great Songhai Empire by TerryCarr(m): 12:56am On Jul 24, 2012
onila:
ce
except swedish women grin

I dont understand what you french African men see in french white women. .those ladies are so ugly and skinny and enjoy eating grass and wine

have you noticed all french colonies have a large percentage of mixed pple. ya all stay loving on anything french

check out

president of Gabon's wife=french lady
present of ivory coast wife=french lady
present of senegal wife=french lady

we need wipe away this french mentality from west Africa, especially in west Africa=damn! they are all dumb as fuc/k!
the Portuguese speaks countries do to in Angola has a lot of mixed people and more people speak Portuguese then an African language and have Portuguese names they even have a "Latino" accent too.
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 12:56am On Jul 24, 2012
onila: puppet 4

stop calling us french i'm a 100% African
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 12:58am On Jul 24, 2012
onila:

french man samuel eto married an Iviorian lady but still a national hero but not considered a sell out

as fas as shes black

These Presidents with white spouses are the shames of African leadership. Do you know how many beautiful black African chicks there are on this continent? If you want a foreigner, at least marry a African Carribean or African American. This is black continent. . . .put black skinned women in government house to represent our image and pride.

you are 100% right ..i think exactly the same.....and i will marryan African especially a Cameroonian tongue
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by TerryCarr(m): 12:58am On Jul 24, 2012
onila: puppet 4

lol grin look at that hair
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by SmoothCrim: 12:58am On Jul 24, 2012
onila:

as fas as shes black

You are a dumb racist Bakassi man!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 12:59am On Jul 24, 2012
SmoothCrim:

You are a dumb racist Bakassi man!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
you quoted the wrong person dumb azz tongue
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by PhysicsQED(m): 12:59am On Jul 24, 2012
This thread is way too derailed and it's a bit annoying.

I usually don't care if a topic is derailed if the derailed discussion turns out to be a more interesting topic, but what you guys have been discussing is kind of boring.

You guys should probably start a new thread in the culture or politics section on Francophone African countries and their alleged connection to French puppetry.
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by TerryCarr(m): 12:59am On Jul 24, 2012
what happen to taking about the Songhai Empire grin
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nayah(f): 1:00am On Jul 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: you are 100% right ..i think exactly the same.....and i will marryan African especially a Cameroonian tongue
and you're right grin
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by SmoothCrim: 1:00am On Jul 24, 2012
Back on topic! A bunch of black North and Central African Barbarians may have overran what we call Nigeria today!! It does not show the traits of a historical West African country!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 1:01am On Jul 24, 2012
PhysicsQED: This thread is way too derailed and it's a bit annoying.

I usually don't care if a topic is derailed if the derailed discussion turns out to be a more interesting topic, but what you guys have been discussing is kind of boring.

You guys should probably start a new thread in the culture or politics section Francophone African countries and their alleged connection to French puppetry.
sorry ...back on the topic ...could you guys put links and tell us great stories i really like African empire.....
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by onila(f): 1:03am On Jul 24, 2012
SmoothCrim: Onila, people can marry who they want! As long as they are happy who cares??

Many of them went to French schools and were surrounded by French women so, it is not shocking they married one!!!!

LOL I KNOW grin

but I was tryna emphasize francophone african countries obsession with their french gods cheesy
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by SmoothCrim: 1:04am On Jul 24, 2012
Where is the West African gold culture! WHERE??

Every ancient West African will tell you that if you don't have gold you are a joke!!!
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 1:06am On Jul 24, 2012
onila:

LOL I KNOW grin

but I was tryna emphasize francophone african countries obsession with their french gods cheesy
okay..you are right with time i hope our leaders will stop worshiping them......but Cameroon is very different french even hate us
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by onila(f): 1:07am On Jul 24, 2012
SmoothCrim:

She is not French but, Moroccan!!

Come on stop the hate. These men are French who got a lot of sun so, it is natural they would look for a French wife OOO!!!!! wink wink wink wink grin grin grin grin

As long as they are happy who cares!! grin grin grin grin

uhm morocco is still a french colony grin
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 1:08am On Jul 24, 2012
SmoothCrim: Where is the West African gold culture! WHERE??

Every ancient West African will tell you that if you don't have gold you are a joke!!!
what are you talking about ...i guess if we want to talk about SONGHAI EMPIRE we should forget about our modern country...this why i asked you what was the people who lived there ...BANTU? etc.....
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by odumchi: 1:08am On Jul 24, 2012
shymmex: @Odumchi

The Umayyad empire (Arabs) conquered Spain with the aid of black/Berber troops (aka 'Moors'). The term "Moor" is not the name of any people or race, rather it is just a term used to collectively identify people of color in North and North West Africa.

These people are not the Songhay.
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 1:11am On Jul 24, 2012
odumchi:

The Umayyad empire (Arabs) conquered Spain with the aid of black/Berber troops (aka 'Moors'). The term "Moor" is not the name of any people or race, rather it is just a term used to collectively identify people of color in North and North West Africa.

These people are not the Songhay.
where those "arabs" came from? i heard they came from Asia east asia....and the name arab at this time was a mistake/or just a description ....Moors=blacks muslim..
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by onila(f): 1:12am On Jul 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: okay..you are right with time i hope our leaders will stop worshiping them......but Cameroon is very different french even hate us

they also hate equitorial guinea and gabon

they always seize paul biya's assets and gabon, equitorial guinea prez assets in france tongue

isnt the french government in support of dictator paul biya and dictator ali bongo's(gabon's president) corrupt regime
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 1:16am On Jul 24, 2012
onila:

they also hate equitorial guinea and gabon

they always seize paul biya's assets and gabon, equitorial guinea prez assets in france tongue

isnt the french government in support of dictator paul biya and dictator ali bongo's(gabon's president) corrupt regime
anyway it's all about interests we are animals to them just look what they did in rwanda when you don't have natural resource you are useless ....but it's useless to cry ....only figting them will save us....otherwise we will perish
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by odumchi: 1:17am On Jul 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: where those "arabs" came from? i heard they came from Asia east asia....and the name arab at this time was a mistake/or just a description ....Moors=blacks muslim..

They came from Arabia. And you're right about the Moors.
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by SmoothCrim: 1:19am On Jul 24, 2012
Okay, let us focus the debate!!!

1) Ancient West African
2) Songhai
3) Moors!

stay on these 3 topics....
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 1:20am On Jul 24, 2012
odumchi:

They came from Arabia.
what do you mean by arabia? the modernn one as we know it now or a kingdom etc... be more precise .please
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by SmoothCrim: 1:21am On Jul 24, 2012
A car befitting an Ancient West African!!

Re: The Great Songhai Empire by onila(f): 1:22am On Jul 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: anyway it's all about interests we are animals to them just look what they did in rwanda when you don't have natural resource you are useless ....but it's useless to cry ....only figting them will save us....otherwise we will perish

thats why rwandese pple have dumped anything french. .english is now the official language of rwanda
they dont want have anything to do with the french anymore

but I read abt the french colonial masters. . . Assimilation was one ideological basis of French colonial policy. .thats why french colonies have some kind of connection with the french unlike the British who focused on indirect rule

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Convocation: Badirat Olaitan Adeyemi Graduates From The University Of Ibadan / DPO Segun Fagbohun Dies In Lagos Hospital (photo) / Breast Touching Festival In Singapore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.