Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,765 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device (16818 Views)

Nigerian Air Force Built Ied-detonating Robot To Combat Boko Haram Insurgency / Nigerian Air Force Gulma Tactical Small UAS (SUAS) / Amazing Facts About The Air Force One (official ‘plane’ Of The US President) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Tytguy: 12:12pm On Jul 24, 2012
no mind d baba jor.am doin my SIWES in AFIT. d guy dat ws contracted 4d project is a lectrer in KADPOLY.d guy abandoned d project cos na only 75K dem aprove for it

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by OLASODE2K: 12:14pm On Jul 24, 2012
it takes a very determined govt to make nigeria a very productive nation in order to fully divest our economy from an oil dependent one with the accompanying developments.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by crackhouse(m): 12:16pm On Jul 24, 2012
They should tell us when the chinese engineers must have finish developing it for them and not when they are still negotiating with the engineers.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by OLASODE2K: 12:19pm On Jul 24, 2012
h
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by OLASODE2K: 12:21pm On Jul 24, 2012
i just hope that the UAV will not be as unflyable like most of both our former national carrier as well as most of our airforce platforms.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by OLASODE2K: 12:23pm On Jul 24, 2012
crackhouse, where did the chinese themselves knew how to make high tech stuffs?
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by OLASODE2K: 12:27pm On Jul 24, 2012
they learnt from the western engineers manufacturing in china and also by shamelessly and outrightly stealing technology. tell me one western country willing to transfer high tech to u without some heavy price?
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 24, 2012
Olasode2k, crackhouse & others that see nothing good in Nigeria should bury your heads in the muds. People like you have done nothing meaningful to contribute to the development of this country & yet will critisize eveything good being done by others. We dont need people like you, Pessimists![b][/b]
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by k9ine(m): 2:26pm On Jul 24, 2012
jaja77:

Please spear me the lectures...its already out there so why spend money on research and manpower when u can just buy it outright. Naija's I tire for una o!

Let me ask you something. So if the FG tells u know that they have developed a fully nigerin made plane, will u fly it.

Good
Did you go to a primary school at all?
spare NOT spear.
now NOT know.
Nigerian NOT nigerin.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by k9ine(m): 2:53pm On Jul 24, 2012
adultebony:

Thanks for the enlightenment bro. But I believe this is an initiative that we should be proud of, for once we are doing progressive thing. No embezzlement, impeachment and all that rubbish...
@beaf and adultebony,
The AVSV can be improved upon in size, capacity and functionality to a UMV with military capability, wherein it does surveilance and if situations dictates - deals a military strike.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by stuhporh: 3:43pm On Jul 24, 2012
Ken_Jak: I don't really understand that,is the robot to detonate or defuse bomb?
I don't really understand that,is the robot to detonate or defuse bomb?
I don't really understand that,is the robot to detonate or defuse bomb?
buhaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAH!!!!!!!! WHO IS THE FOOL? JOURNALIST OR THE SOLDIER SAYING THE SHIT. I WAS READING DOWN TO KNOW IF ANYONE WOULD PICK THE "DETONATE" PART OR NOT. SO MANY SHALLOW MINDS ON NAIRALAND, THEY JUST READ AND GET TO THE KEYBOARD TO HAVE A SAY.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by stuhporh: 3:49pm On Jul 24, 2012
Moderrator:
No arguments, does your country manufacture a Tyre?
Car body parts? Talk more of the technlogy involved in making bomb defuser. lol
This is not patriotism bro, we are still far off!
@MODERATOR YOU WILL BE SURPRISED THAT THE TECHNOLOGY INVOLVED IN DIFUSING A BOMB WILL B MUCH EASIER THAN U EXPECTED, HOWEVER A DETONATING ROBOT TECH WILL B EASIEST. JUST CRUSH THE BOMB WILL BE THE COMMAND INPUT FOR THE ROBOT, AND GBOOM IT GOES. ROBOT NAME SHOULD BE SHINA RAMBO I
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by naptu2: 4:02pm On Jul 24, 2012
Picture below: A robot places a small explosive device to destroy a larger car bomb. After the explosion, the robot returns to the vehicle to check for any unexploded devices.

Cris Bouroncle/ AFP/ Getty Images

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by embason(m): 4:12pm On Jul 24, 2012
I had thought the robot was ready before going to the press to sing their praises.Typical nija style. How are we sure the robot will not be imported from China.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Blyss: 4:31pm On Jul 24, 2012
cutievik: [color=#006600][/color]guys wow! If dis is true,i bet u guys it has rejunuvated my pride nd the pride of millions of Nigeria's out there nt only wud it stop there bt our confidence in our country wud be restored knw there's a silver lining in the sky 4 us all.I sincerely give my thumbs up 2 the the Nigerian Military in general 4 their individual nd collective efforts to re-produce wat has already been made out there...even at that it aren't easy,am so proud of knwin these high tech's cost millions of dollars to produce and sincerely hope they wud get the support of the govt nd oda stake holder,indeed wit these development i dt think our security budget was a waste,or was it?

Damn, all that from a freaking robot? Humm, well I guess in a nation like Nigeria, any scrap of good new is to be well celebrated, being that good news does come around too often.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by ifyegede(m): 4:32pm On Jul 24, 2012
Oshoniyi said: “It is pertinent to note that following the successful launch of the our Unmanned Aerial Vehicle - Amebo II last year, a modified and improved version of Amebo III was produced and exhibited at the recent Air Expo 2012, organised by the NAF. This latest version is awaiting test flight.”

So you mean to tell me that they had this UAV all this while and they did not deem it wise to use it in spite of all the bombings? Na wa o
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by OLASODE2K: 4:55pm On Jul 24, 2012
koaster, u were very wrong to say i was only criticising without contributing anything in the sense that i am very conscious of the great technological advancements very small countries have made.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by OLASODE2K: 4:59pm On Jul 24, 2012
koaster, when u compare most of these countries like zimbabwe, sudan, libya, egypt, south africa, etc u will feel like crying except u are not patriotic at all.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by OLASODE2K: 5:07pm On Jul 24, 2012
it is a big shame we are still decades behind most african countries technologically.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2012
israel ben-zion:

Shut up there yaself. Which kain production? Since wen? With which know-how? Let them produce common tv antennae or energy bulb first for us to see n use. UAV my foot. Most likely it wud hv been an outdated inte-drone from d West or China that was bought off the scrap market and they want to use it to shakara us. Liars!

Mor.on. What will YOU yourself produce before asking ''them'' to produce? Or do you not have the same brains as them?

''With which know-how''?? You think all Nigerians are bumbling illiterates and worthless failures like you? With a name like Israel Ben Zion or whatever rubbish you call yourself, it's no mystery where your allegiance lies - overseas. Dumb, traitorous, ignorant, cotton-picking peabrained slave.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by antitpiah: 5:15pm On Jul 24, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Mor.on. What will YOU yourself produce before asking ''them'' to produce? Or do you not have the same brains as them?

''With which know-how''?? You think all Nigerians are bumbling illiterates and worthless failures like you? With a name like Israel Ben Zion or whatever rubbish you call yourself, it's no mystery where your allegiance lies - overseas. Dumb, traitorous, ignorant, cotton-picking peabrained slave.

No, but most are, including all of us on NL.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 24, 2012
OLASODE2K: dont forget that poor sudan manufactures most of their weapons like armoured cars, tanks, artillery and even helicopters.

Can you provide PROOF of this claim? Any links? Sources? I've learnt to disbelieve every Nigerian-hating contributor when they air their claims and statistics regarding Nigeria. So kindly provide evidence for your assertion.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 24, 2012
antitpiah:

No, but most are, including all of us on NL.

Speak for YOURSELF. We are not in your decrepit category.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 24, 2012
Here's more headache for the haters:

Nigeria: Army to Unveil First Locally Made Armoured Vehicle

http://allafrica.com/stories/201207020719.html
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by antitpiah: 5:29pm On Jul 24, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Speak for YOURSELF. We are not in your decrepit category.

I know. Only worthless people have jobs and real life. The really successful people like you spend their days scouting the internet, invented by the White man, for unnecessary pictures to sooth their bruised ego, stemming from real life failures. Successful people, the really successful ones, live their dreams ( they couldnt achieve in RL) through fictional images of far-flung places they wish they could visit.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 24, 2012
^^^^When you're done sucking the white man's dicck like some demented, cursed slave, then we can take you seriously on this site. In the meantime, you're just a two-a-penny worthless slaveboy with an incurable sense of inferiority which is quite frankly, tragic to behold. Waste of space.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Adaa2(m): 5:53pm On Jul 24, 2012
Good development! The fact that advanced nations have already deployed similar UAVs does not mean we should not develope ours. The American flag is flying on the moon. China is desperate to see its own flag flying on the moon. There is no shortcut to greatness.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by str8talk1: 6:06pm On Jul 24, 2012
jaja77: [Font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

You are correct my brother...why una de abuse am, its true. Develop what. These Robots are already in use in iraq, Afganistan, and in the US so what are they developing...ABEG leave matter.
I hv u heard dis terd b4-'Reverse engineering'? if not,then go and get educated properly!
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by saintolaf(m): 8:53pm On Jul 24, 2012
cutievik: [/color]guys wow! If dis is true,i bet u guys it has rejunuvated my pride nd the pride of millions of Nigeria's out there nt only wud it stop there bt our confidence in our country wud be restored knw there's a silver lining in the sky 4 us all.I sincerely give my thumbs up 2 the the Nigerian Military in general 4 their individual nd collective efforts to re-produce wat has already been made out there...even at that it aren't easy,am so proud of knwin these high tech's cost millions of dollars to produce and sincerely hope they wud get the support of the govt nd oda stake holder,indeed wit these development i dt think our security budget was a waste,or was it?
cutievik: [color=#006600]guys wow! If dis is true,i bet u guys it has rejunuvated my pride nd the pride of millions of Nigeria's out there nt only wud it stop there bt our confidence in our country wud be restored knw there's a silver lining in the sky 4 us all.I sincerely give my thumbs up 2 the the Nigerian Military in general 4 their individual nd collective efforts to re-produce wat has already been made out there...even at that it aren't easy,am so proud of knwin these high tech's cost millions of dollars to produce and sincerely hope they wud get the support of the govt nd oda stake holder,indeed wit these development i dt think our security budget was a waste,or was it?
cutievik: [color=#006600][/color]guys wow! If dis is true,i bet u guys it has rejunuvated my pride nd the pride of millions of Nigeria's out there nt only wud it stop there bt our confidence in our country wud be restored knw there's a silver lining in the sky 4 us all.I sincerely give my thumbs up 2 the the Nigerian Military in general 4 their individual nd collective efforts to re-produce wat has already been made out there...even at that it aren't easy,am so proud of knwin these high tech's cost millions of dollars to produce and sincerely hope they wud get the support of the govt nd oda stake holder,indeed wit these development i dt think our security budget was a waste,or was it?
hey buddy dnt tell me you are that gullible. Security budget and this cock and bull story dont go at all...but lets hope there's some element of truth behind it anyway.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by saintolaf(m): 8:54pm On Jul 24, 2012
cutievik: [/color]guys wow! If dis is true,i bet u guys it has rejunuvated my pride nd the pride of millions of Nigeria's out there nt only wud it stop there bt our confidence in our country wud be restored knw there's a silver lining in the sky 4 us all.I sincerely give my thumbs up 2 the the Nigerian Military in general 4 their individual nd collective efforts to re-produce wat has already been made out there...even at that it aren't easy,am so proud of knwin these high tech's cost millions of dollars to produce and sincerely hope they wud get the support of the govt nd oda stake holder,indeed wit these development i dt think our security budget was a waste,or was it?
cutievik: [color=#006600]guys wow! If dis is true,i bet u guys it has rejunuvated my pride nd the pride of millions of Nigeria's out there nt only wud it stop there bt our confidence in our country wud be restored knw there's a silver lining in the sky 4 us all.I sincerely give my thumbs up 2 the the Nigerian Military in general 4 their individual nd collective efforts to re-produce wat has already been made out there...even at that it aren't easy,am so proud of knwin these high tech's cost millions of dollars to produce and sincerely hope they wud get the support of the govt nd oda stake holder,indeed wit these development i dt think our security budget was a waste,or was it?
hey buddy dnt tell me you are that gullible. Security budget and this cock and bull story dont go at all...but lets hope there's some element of truth behind it anyway.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 25, 2012
OLASODE2K: koaster, when u compare most of these countries like zimbabwe, sudan, libya, egypt, south africa, etc u will feel like crying except u are not patriotic at all.
What yardstick are you using to compare Nigeria and Zimbabwe in terms of technology?
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by OLASODE2K: 4:15pm On Jul 25, 2012
koaster, zimbabwe has been locally producing locally their own MRAP armoured cars as of 1980 during the height of their civil war. remember, the american armoured cars were very vulnerable to iraqi IEDs until they reverted back to those of the zimbabwean designs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Internet-enabled Pillow Connects Long-Distance Lovers / Nigeria Will Experience A Lunar Eclipse On Monday, January 21, 2019 - NASRDA / World’s Ugliest Dog Wins $1000 And A Year’s Supply Of Dog Biscuit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.