Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,816 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu (12462 Views)

Man Shoots Wife Dead In Nasarawa Before Her Mother (photo) / Policeman Shoots Wife Dead In Error / Armed Robber Mistakenly Shoots Gang Leader In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by dani1luv: 11:09am On Jul 24, 2012
By TONY EDIKE

ENUGU – MATHIAS Nweze, a native of Umuida, Enugu-Ezike in Igboeze North local government area of Enugu State, has reportedly shot his wife dead.

The police said yesterday, that they had commenced investigation into the bizarre incident which occurred at about 11pm last Saturday.

Vanguard gathered that Nweze, popularly known as “Honourable”, claimed that while he was sleeping in his house that fateful night, his generator went off twice without knowing the cause.

Having woken up suddenly, he suspected that some thieves may have invaded his compound and as a result, brought out his pump action gun and pointed it towards the direction of the generator.

Without wasting time, he allegedly fired several shots apparently to scare the alleged invaders but unknown to him, his wife was around the place.

Nweze only realized that he had shot his wife when she screamed saying that the bullet had hit her. The woman fell down, bled profusely before sympathizers rushed to the scene

She was later rushed to New Testament Hospital Ogrute, Igboeze North council headquarter where doctors confirmed her dead.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Ebere Amaraizu, who confirmed the incident, said the corpse of the deceased had been deposited at the mortuary for autopsy. “We have commenced investigation into the incident that led to the shooting of a housewife by the husband,” he said.

Source

1 Like

Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 24, 2012
Manslaughter...that's life imprisonment without parole.
Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by DAY12(m): 12:08pm On Jul 24, 2012
RIP cry cry cry cry
Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by kingsle66(m): 12:09pm On Jul 24, 2012
Hmmmm.......wonders!!!.....who permit him to have a Gun?! People that have mental problems are not suppose to own a Gun
Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by Melahou(m): 12:10pm On Jul 24, 2012
who knows if d its an intentional act...jst wants 2 cova it up
Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by searchcorp(m): 12:11pm On Jul 24, 2012
Abeg free the guy joor. like, what was his wife doing outside at midnight.

They are both victims of the insecurity and inadequate power supply in the country.

8 Likes

Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 24, 2012
THE WIFE DON TOO FRUSTRATE THE MAN, I NO BLAME THAT MAN SHA
Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 24, 2012
C what phcn has caused, all because of a gen-set...this is sad, R.I.P woman!
Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by xpensive05: 12:19pm On Jul 24, 2012
Na lie jor even if na thiefs is dat hw to scare thiefs away let him jst say he is tired of her n dats ol
Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by Onyenna(m): 12:22pm On Jul 24, 2012
RIP madam.... The fact that he carelessly fired his weapon proves that he ain't qualified to handle a gun.... Who licensed him in the first place!!?(That's if he actually has a license)... Well, manslaughter it is................so sad...
Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by ACM10: 12:23pm On Jul 24, 2012
Billyonaire: Manslaughter...that's life imprisonment without parole.

Unintentional manslaughter due to self-defense. He can only land in jail if his rifle does not have licence.

1 Like

Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by excondido(m): 12:24pm On Jul 24, 2012
nigerian James Holmes....i suspect the honorable is a red cap chief.
Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by jude33084(m): 12:24pm On Jul 24, 2012
Billyonaire: Manslaughter...that's life imprisonment without parole.

Ɣ☺Ʊ don start ąg∂ɪ̣̇η o! cheesy

Since when did manslaughter became ∂ life imprisonment thing

H̲̅€ may serve 8 to 12yrs and may even go free undecided It all depends on his defence wink
Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by talktrue1(m): 12:26pm On Jul 24, 2012
What was the wife doing outside without the knowledge of the husband. Something yet to be clarified.

1 Like

Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by Willy411: 12:27pm On Jul 24, 2012
The issue their is that what was his wife doing at 11:00pm in the night, for any reason i don't blame the man, maybe his wife has been see in another man that is why she off the generator so that eye won't see them.. FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND
Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by idowuswap: 12:27pm On Jul 24, 2012
Igbo peeps no get sense na ritual he wan take do...
Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by AbuRuqayya1(m): 12:27pm On Jul 24, 2012
Remember the cycle of fear..... man is afraid of woman..... give d guy life in jail afterall
Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by ACM10: 12:29pm On Jul 24, 2012
The man murdered his wife with style. Even if he intends to fire at thieves, he must look well to avoid the incidence of friendly fire. You don't fire carelessly into the darkness to scare thieves. Why can't he shoot up if his real aim is to scare the thieves away.

6 Likes

Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by rattyc(m): 12:29pm On Jul 24, 2012
As 4 d man no mercy,trust Nigerian judges they dnt temper justice with mercy.
A shooter must go by shooting!!!.
Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by crackhouse(m): 12:31pm On Jul 24, 2012
That man must be an dismissed happy-trigger policeman. Once a happy-trigger cop, always a happy-trigger cop. Firing without looking runs in their blood.

2 Likes

Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by AbuRuqayya1(m): 12:32pm On Jul 24, 2012
Willy411: The issue their is that what was his wife doing at 11:00pm in the night, for any reason i don't blame the man, maybe his wife has been see in another man that is why she off the generator so that eye won't see them.. FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND
underline the word "may be" to justify your baseless comment.... on what paremeter u put this your sourceless allegation.... I think you are not right sir.
Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by pembisco(m): 12:36pm On Jul 24, 2012
Ha! Doctors! Wch autopsy again wen u deh c bulet signs,abi na strangle in strangle her? Abeg mek we hear wod jor
Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by Afam4eva(m): 12:37pm On Jul 24, 2012
searchcorp: Abeg free the guy joor. like, what was his wife doing outside at midnight.

They are both victims of the insecurity and inadequate power supply in the country.
Another reason to blame Jonathan. let's blame him everyone.
Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by mjconcept(m): 12:38pm On Jul 24, 2012
idowuswap: Igbo peeps no get sense na ritual he wan take do...
If you are seeking for attention, run around your street n@ked.
Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by whealthy(m): 12:38pm On Jul 24, 2012
I can only say
1. The above case will not meet the conditions laid down for proving self defence. The law has made it very strict, and the supreme court has laid down some conditions too in various locus classicus which this case cannot meet
2. He might plead mistake of fact, although this will be difficult but it might succeed.
All in all, his lawyers have a tough role.
If i were the prosecution, i would try him for murder, seems more like this was intentional killing. The police should seek for a motive.
RIP to the unfortunate woman
Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by Willy411: 12:39pm On Jul 24, 2012
Abu-Ruqayya:
underline the word "may be" to justify your baseless comment.... on what paremeter u put this your sourceless allegation.... I think you are not right sir.
i know but i was just saying out of assumption
Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by Wemmy6284(m): 12:41pm On Jul 24, 2012
ACM10: The man murdered his wife with style. Even if he intends to fire at thieves, he must look well to avoid the incidence of friendly fire. You don't fire carelessly into the darkness to scare thieves. Why can't he shoot up if his real aim is to scare the thieves away.
True talk
Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by Ignatio(m): 12:43pm On Jul 24, 2012
excondido: nigerian James Holmes....i suspect the honorable is a red cap chief.

duh
Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by ACM10: 12:47pm On Jul 24, 2012
whealthy: I can only say
1. The above case will not meet the conditions laid down for proving self defence. The law has made it very strict, and the supreme court has laid down some conditions too in various locus classicus which this case cannot meet
2. He might plead mistake of fact, although this will be difficult but it might succeed.
All in all, his lawyers have a tough role.
If i were the prosecution, i would try him for murder, seems more like this was intentional killing. The police should seek for a motive.
RIP to the unfortunate woman

This is where the problem lies for the prosecuting team. How can they prove that the killing was premeditated? I believe that the accused will walk free in the end or get a very light sentence, provided that his rifle has licence.
Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by somegirl1: 12:48pm On Jul 24, 2012
and he fired shots close to a generator
Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by kingsle66(m): 12:51pm On Jul 24, 2012
undecidedHey but wait oooo......the story here is different from the one I hear on radio :PHey but wait oooo......the story here is different from the one I hear on radio.....why ur own come differed?!
Re: Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu by ypzilanti: 12:54pm On Jul 24, 2012
This is where the Crime Scene Investigators of the Local Council Police would help us unravel the mystery...

Oh...my bad...its Nigeria. Let's consult the native doctor to tell us what happened.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Nab Man Who Uses Father's Gun To Steal Motorcycles In Osun (Photo) / NUJ Criticises EFCC Over Invasion Of Norah Okafor's Home / Nigeria And Ghana Collaborate To Fight Cybercrime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.