Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,160 members, 7,835,877 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

World Oldest Facebook User - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / World Oldest Facebook User (675 Views)

What A Facebook User Witnessed On A Bus Earlier Today / Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

World Oldest Facebook User by chidex15(m): 7:17pm On Jul 24, 2012
The world's oldest Facebook user is a woman named Lillian Lowe -- She is now 105 years old... And celebrated her birthday april 27th.....Talk about keeping up with the times!
Lillian Lowe, 103, of England has become somewhat of a star in her own right after being touted as the worlds oldest Facebook user.
She says she regularly browses the site on her grandsons iPad. Using the Facebook app, she keeps in touch with her 34 friends, including seven grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren.
"I love it -- it's very exciting. It's a wonderful way of finding out about things," she said of the iPad's Facebook capabilities. "I recommend it for any grandparents to keep in touch with family. I have a lot of time sitting alone, when youre my age, I dont go running around, and its lovely to use. I use it just for amusement. Im only a beginner. I do enjoy it, very much.
Lowe said she never even used a cell phone before her grandson, Steve, 47, introduced her to the iPad.
The previous holder of the record for world'soldest Facebook user, Ivy Bean, also from England, died at the age of 104 in July.
A Facebook spokesman said the company is unsure of whether Lowe is now the oldest person on the site.
"We can't confirm if this lady is the oldest, butLillian shows you can never be too old to join Facebook," the spokesman said.
Because of her recent stardom, Lowe now has more than 1,000 Facebook members peppering her with friend requests.
Despite her love for technology, Lowe added: I like it very much, to see my grandchildren and speak to them, but it does waste a lot of time.
Talk about a wise, old woman.

(1) (Reply)

Gnld New Product For Fish Farming/rearing / Why Do Stories Have To Be Long When Told By A Woman?. / Which Of These Do You Consider?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.