Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,417 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? - Car Talk (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (102992 Views)

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? / Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by emmaak2(m): 1:15am On Mar 04, 2016
Siena:

In the context the term was used here, it is incorrect.

Over speeding refers to a speed limit that was exceeded. In this case, no one knows what speed Emmaak2 was referring to, or the speed limit in the locality the car was being driven in.

Still on the matter?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by emmaak2(m): 1:20am On Mar 04, 2016
rainmaker12:

It means wen u exceed ur cars speedometer. And no 1 has done dat here....so no 1 is over speeding...dey under racing. grin

LOL WILL LIKE TO TRY IT
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:23am On Mar 05, 2016
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by rainmaker12(m): 10:17am On Mar 05, 2016
Siena:

Wrong definition, brother. The speedo in a road car has little to do with the engine's capabilities. The calibrations may be well beyond what the engine could achieve speed wise, or the engine may exceed the maximum digit with lots of room to spare.

Seldom is the maximum digit the exact speed the car will reach.
Every car has a speed limit mechanically, can u exceed that speed?.... Take the speedo off....
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by rainmaker12(m): 10:19am On Mar 05, 2016
king406:
I have.
Wich car and speed attained?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 05, 2016
rainmaker12:

Every car has a speed limit mechanically, can u exceed that speed?.... Take the speedo off....

Again, not correct.

The maximum speed an engine can produce, or a maximum speed that has been artificially limited by the manufacturer are 2 different scenarios. It has nothing to do with the instrument cluster either.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by king406(m): 3:11pm On Mar 05, 2016
rainmaker12:

Wich car and speed attained?
peugeot 406 250kmh
Mercedes c230 sport v6 146mph, has an Electronic speed limit
Peugeot 207 sport 220kmh
Hyundai veloster turbo had 240 on its speedo but stopped at 220kmh.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 05, 2016
king406:
peugeot 406 250kmh

156mph in a Peugeot 406? Really? Even with the later 210hp version of the 3.0 V6 24V, a stock 406 will not reach this speed.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by CARLOSZ: 4:25pm On Mar 05, 2016
January 1st 2015
Golf 3
145km/h
Enugu-Onitsha expressway between Arooma junction and Abba junction.

Then 145km/h along Adazi Ani, Nnewi road.

Was enjoying it until a Range Rover Vogue just overtook me as if I was crawling.

I never buy my own car, I was being careful with my friend's car hence the speed but will definitely break that record after patronising CityHood. (Oga, that Verso is mine o, for your info) grin

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by king406(m): 5:26pm On Mar 05, 2016
Siena:

156mph in a Peugeot 406? Really? Even with the later 210hp version of the 3.0 V6 24V, a stock 406 will not reach this speed.
yeah yeah we've argued about this before but am just saying what the speedo read.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 05, 2016
king406:
yeah yeah we've argued about this before but am just saying what the speedo read.

Ah, got you. So indicated, rather than actual speed, it makes perfect sense now. smiley
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 1:18am On Mar 23, 2016
vw jetta 2006. 210km/hr...3MB...12.30am
In a 06 jetta vs 03 Accord contest
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by nurey(m): 6:43am On Mar 30, 2016
1999 Lincoln Navigator 32 intech V8 lagos-ibadan expressway Tuesday 29th March 2016 speed 155km/h
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by eghuan1(m): 5:03pm On Apr 10, 2016
Ran 125m/hr (approximately 210km) on third mainland bridge in an 09 Toyota corolla at 12:30am. Would have continued but fear catch me as it appears the car was no longer on the ground. Am sure those mammy water people come de happy that night say person wan come join them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by king406(m): 5:14pm On Apr 10, 2016
This thread will never die grin
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by kingreign(m): 6:46pm On Apr 10, 2016
king406:
This thread will never die grin
But people will die from senseless speed manoeuvres.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 10, 2016
kingreign:

people also die from being too slow, or even not moving fast

3 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by rainmaker12(m): 11:17pm On Apr 10, 2016
kingreign:

Everyone will die, fast or slow. wise or foolish. poor or rich. Speeding will only reduce ur choice between life to death. U die from mistake, except u perfect
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by darmylolah(m): 10:33am On Apr 11, 2016
The fastest I have done with my friend driving ws 260km/hr. With a Benz SL500 along lagos/abeokuta road july 17 2015. It ws d craziest thing we hv ever done in our lives.

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by kingreign(m): 11:15am On Apr 11, 2016
darmylolah:
The fastest we have done with my friend driving ws 260km/hr. With a Benz S500 along lagos/abeokuta road july 17 2015. It ws d craziest thing we ever did in our lives.

260km/h with all these warning lights illuminated is really insane.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 12, 2016
darmylolah:
The fastest I have done with my friend driving ws 260km/hr. With a Benz S500 along lagos/abeokuta road july 17 2015. It ws d craziest thing we hv ever done in our lives.
E be like say heaven dey call ur name, with all those Christmas lights on (check engine light, ABS light etc.) you were still able to hit 260km/hr. Try that in a Japanese car and tell me if you would have even been alive to take those pics.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Philadelphia: 7:14am On Apr 12, 2016
dumo1:

E be like say heaven dey call ur name, with all those Christmas lights on (check engine light, ABS light etc.) you were still able to hit 260km/hr. Try that in a Japanese car and tell me if you would have even been alive to take those pics.

A nairalander would have taken the pics and posted it here with the caption "graphic photo". E for don hit front page nah.

3 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by kingreign(m): 8:21am On Apr 12, 2016
dumo1:

A japmobile will do that speed with same risk as posed by a German car. The only issue is that the driver must have had a death wish.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 12, 2016
kingreign:

A japmobile will do that speed with same risk as posed by a German car. The only issue is that the driver must have had a death wish.
Japanese cars have been known to be very unstable at high speeds and you can't compare German car with a Japanese vehicle. They are always miles apart.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by kingreign(m): 10:06am On Apr 12, 2016
dumo1:

Japanese cars have been known to be very unstable at high speeds and you can't compare German car with a Japanese vehicle. They are always miles apart.

Not the Japanese vehicles I've driven. Every vehicle designed for European and American Market today must meet or surpas a stringent requirement before its deemed safe for users. Suspension setups, drive setup, tyre specs, chassis load characteristics are all integral aspects to be considered when considering speed character of a car.
I still repeat, Japanese cars are speed capable too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by king406(m): 4:40pm On Apr 14, 2016
I was scrolling through my old photos and I found this picture of me maxing out a 2005 corolla three years ago. This car is one of the worst cars I've ever driven based on performance, as in eh, the thing felt as if it was no longer on the road, at its top speed of 110mph that 1.8liter engine is rotating at 6000rpm cry we have 1.6liter engine cars that are far better than that. Mehn a big engine is big engine, at 110mph my Mercedes engine rotates at just 3200rpm or so

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by noblemind(m): 6:44pm On Apr 14, 2016
Wao! ! I was in nigeria in October 2015.on my way lagos to anambra I did 165km/hour in my hyundai Tucson 2004.Then going back to lagos in November I did a 180km/hour so confidently.Now for your information I have my 4 year only son and my younger brother and two othe friends on board.when I reached 180km .I heard voices inside reminding me how the next headline story may be.A handsome guy who just came back from abroad after 12 years .his son brother and two others now you picture the rest .so I slowed it

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 14, 2016
king406:
I was scrolling through my old photos and I found this picture of me maxing out a 2005 corolla three years ago. This car is one of the worst cars I've ever driven based on performance, as in eh, the thing felt as if it was no longer on the road, at its top speed of 110mph that 1.8liter engine is rotating at 6000rpm cry we have 1.6liter engine cars that are far better than that. Mehn a big engine is big engine, at 110mph my Mercedes engine rotates at just 3200rpm or so
can't even max my jetta on these 9ja roads
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Danfuster(m): 8:34pm On Apr 14, 2016
darmylolah:
The fastest I have done with my friend driving ws 260km/hr. With a Benz SL500 along lagos/abeokuta road july 17 2015. It ws d craziest thing we hv ever done in our lives.

I doubt you achieved this on that road cos I know this road very well, cos there are a handful of corners, you'd hit a corner before you climb 160km/hr. Sango to Ifo is a busy road with lots of pothole, Ifo through arigbajo to Papa has about four corners with uneven road. Then you have ewekoro, itori, wasimi. You start hitting corners from itori till you get to Aro psychiatric hospital.

If you said you did this enroute benin-asaba, I'd doubt not

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Danfuster(m): 8:48pm On Apr 14, 2016
kingreign:

Not the Japanese vehicles I've driven. Every vehicle designed for European and American Market today must meet or surpas a stringent requirement before its deemed safe for users. Suspension setups, drive setup, tyre specs, chassis load characteristics are all integral aspects to be considered when considering speed character of a car.
I still repeat, Japanese cars are speed capable too.

yes they are speed capable but aerodynamic, balance and handling i doubt, maybe a supra... I don't toyota would even bring that back
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by 9icetoo(m): 8:55pm On Apr 14, 2016
dumo1:

That's what you hear when your friends are main market traders. Beer parlour gist. Guess the Nissan 350z, the lexus es350, infinity I series and the famed Nissan gtr are all f^cking German. Abeg park well. German fan boiz.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Danfuster(m): 8:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
noblemind:
Wao! ! I was in nigeria in October 2015.on my way lagos to anambra I did 165km/hour in my hyundai Tucson 2004.Then going back to lagos in November I did a 180km/hour so confidently.Now for your information I have my 4 year only son and my younger brother and two othe friends on board.when I reached 180km .I heard voices inside reminding me how the next headline story may be.A handsome guy who just came back from abroad after 12 years .his son brother and two others now you picture the rest .so I slowed it

I guess you was aiming for 200 shocked. Mehn!.. You wicked, thought of yoir child alone should be enough to keep you in line.

By the way those are low profile wheels which don't do pretty good with potholes

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (43) (Reply)

What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars / A Lady Drove This Killer Machine Today And Got Everyone Talking (Pic) / Ferrari F50 Abandoned In Ibadan (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.