|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,777,708 members, 6,618,466 topics. Date: Monday, 06 December 2021 at 09:10 AM
(1) (of 1 pages)
|Agriculture / Re: Drill Water Borehole For Your Farm At Affordable Prices Anywhere Within Nigeria by Agricnovice: 3:47pm On Mar 01, 2017|
Can you give an estimate for Odogbolu in Ogun state?
|Agriculture / Re: Meet - Irrigation Technician Here by Agricnovice: 3:46pm On Mar 01, 2017|
hi what is your email address?
|Agriculture / Re: A Mature, God Fearing Pig Farm Manager Is Wanted by Agricnovice: 12:53pm On Mar 01, 2017|
omo just leave God fearing. Just make sure you put controls in place - unscheduled visits, mystery shoppers and payments into accounts. Also be ready to pay well and fire well if the person breaches any single part of your agreement. List all the steps and activities he needs to take down to the last detail. Good luck.
In Nigeria, once matter enter money... fear of God disappears. The ones who are honest are just trained to be honest, not out of any fear of God.
|Agriculture / Re: I Have 10 Hectares Of Land For Farming. Now What Next?? by Agricnovice: 10:51am On Feb 20, 2017|
|Agriculture / Re: Agricultural farmLand For Sale In Ogun State by Agricnovice: 3:31pm On Feb 16, 2017|
Please has anybody bought so far from this area? Any hitches?
|Agriculture / I Have 10 Hectares Of Land For Farming. Now What Next?? by Agricnovice: 3:05pm On Feb 16, 2017|
I have access to a piece of land beside a stream in Mararaba, Nassarawa State (close to Abj) for 1 to 2 years.
Size of land is 10Hctrs.
My plan is to plant water melon and pumpkin (ugu) on the land since I can use local irrigation on it.
Biggest problem: 1)keeping my cost low 2)everybody I have met claims to be an agric expert but knows nothing when I ask critical questions!.
I had negotiated with some people to clear the land manually but from the various stories, I think I m better off using a bulldozer (yeah yeah, it may destroy the top soil etc). Afterwards, plough and harrow (I need advice here).
Now to the matter:
1) Where can I rent a bulldozer close to Mararaba to clear 10hctrs. Please send contact and likely price if you have
2) How much and how long will it cost to plough and harrow the 10 hectrs? Pls send contact if you have.
3) Is my plan for water melon and ugu a good one? or do I need to rethink my plan?
4) Can I recruit a young agric expert (like a youth corper) who has hands on experience in farming to assist with advice.
5) My irrigation plan is to pump into a tank from the stream and then distribute to the farm using a pressure pump. Will this work on 10hctrs?
6) Will I be able to succeed using organic manure (animal dung) or should I just join everybody and throw in fertilizers?
Please any advice on these matters or any other advice will be welcome. I have been following your topics over the months and the stuff I ve learnt here is very helpful and invaluable.
Thank you all and keep up the good work all.
(1) (of 1 pages)
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34