|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,690,456 members, 6,338,612 topics. Date: Monday, 14 June 2021 at 02:28 PM
|Business / Sesame Seed Supply by emmatuxz(m): 12:32pm On Feb 20, 2019|
We Supply Sesame seeds to any part of the country and also in whatever tonnes needed.
We also do Pay On Delivery.
Call/ whatsapp :08038386475
|Business / Re: Learn How To Create Admob Self Clicking Applications by emmatuxz(m): 3:38pm On Feb 04, 2019|
|Politics / Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by emmatuxz(m): 1:45pm On Sep 24, 2018|
seborrhic:My thought as well
97 Likes 9 Shares
|Politics / Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by emmatuxz(m): 1:35pm On Sep 24, 2018|
A former chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Maurice Iwu, has faulted the declaration of the Osun governorship election that held on September 22 as inconclusive.
Iwu, who was in office from June 2005 to April 2010, spoke on Sunday following the declaration of the guber poll as inconclusive due to vote difference by the Chief Returning Officer, Prof. Joseph Afuwape.
According to the former INEC boss, “Actually, in 2010 during the review of INEC’s Elections’ Manual, my committee and I as the chair, invented the inconclusive elections outcomes, particularly where elections did not hold for one reason or the other.
“However, we the initiators of the inconclusive elections realised that our proposal was against the provisions of the 1999 Constitution (as Amended), particularly the presidential and the governorship elections and returns.
“Our proposals could be applied only in senatorial, House of Representatives, and state assembly elections and returns, for which the Constitution did not specify how these returns should be made.
“In this, what is required by the Constitution is that the ‘first past the post’ and/or that the candidate must have the polled majority of the votes cast.
“Secondly, that the candidate in addition to it, must obtain 25 per cent of the total votes cast in two-third of the LGAs of the state in question or of the states in case of presidential election. The electoral act or INEC guidelines cannot supersede the constitutional provisions for that purpose.
“As the constitution has clearly spelt out the manner and how a return should be made in the cases of governorship or presidential election returns.
“Now that the abuse of this tool is becoming obvious, the beneficiaries of this anomaly have refused to listen or adjust accordingly.
“God will surely help us.”
76 Likes 11 Shares
|Business / Re: Business I Can Start With 400k In Lagos by emmatuxz(m): 9:49pm On Aug 21, 2018|
|Politics / 17 REASON Why Governor Tambuwal (sokoto) Left The APC The Prison Yard. by emmatuxz(m): 4:02pm On Aug 01, 2018|
Politicians and political leaders, groups and group leaders, stakeholders in the development of our state and our nation, fellow indigenes of Sokoto State and citizens of our great country, members of the press, ladies and gentlemen.
It is with gratitude to Almighty Allah, our Sustainer that I address you on a matter of great importance to our nation at this auspicious moment in our political history. I stand before you with a heavy heart, wishing I had cheery words of progress, instead of the sad report that I am constrained to give you on the situation of our dear nation.
2. The struggle for democracy is one that began with our fight for independence as a sovereign nation. To this end, the blood, freedom and other liberties of our past heroes and contemporary veterans were sacrificed. The current dispensation began in 1999, as the watershed of our toil, which granted to us a democratic system that is striving to evolve and survive.
3. Through those years the forces of genuine change gravitated and by 2015, merged to ensure a transition of power that Nigerians hoped would herald a new order of true democracy under an atmosphere of justice, peace, equity and the rule of law. The leaders of that coalition represented and symbolized the aspiration of Nigerians for progress and prosperity under one united, indivisible nation.
4. As the speaker of the House of Representatives then, I left my comfort zone to be involved in the struggle for the enthronement of purposeful leadership for the citizens of our dear country.
6. Now, almost four years into what ought to be a new order as desired and elected by Nigerians, the nation is unfortunately going through the most difficult and precarious times, since the Civil war; with ethno, religious and regional distrust at its highest ebb.
7. This development had often been blamed on political opponents. Meanwhile, there are issues of brazen inequity and capacity and questionable distribution of appointments/projects. This is in addition to lack of statesmanship in responding to national issues, among other things that are for aggravating the anomaly.
8. In line with the best traditions in any major political decision, especially by a serving elected Governor, I have painstakingly consulted far and wide, on whether the present political platform is a viable vehicle for achieving the aspiration of our people.
9. It is because I am convinced that no nation can thrive while there is inequity and bad governance; because I am saddened by the fact that lethargy, incompetence and sustained denial of obvious leadership missteps have become the major raw materials with which the Nigerian State is being run today; because I am unwilling to be part of frightful conspiracy against the cohesion of the Nigerian State, Nigerian youths and peoples; because I am unable to feel at ease in the face of a progressively divided nation and, above all, because I am totally unable to reconcile myself to a national leadership that offers no redeeming moral beacons that I am here with you today; to announce withdrawal of my membership of the All Progressives Congress and return to the People’s Democratic Party.
10. I speak to you today with a mixture of sadness and relief because I did not expect that the APC, which promised so much when the People’s Democratic party (PDP) stood under the sway of impunity, could not maintain or manage whatever good it inherited. It has also not broken new grounds in any positive sense, but has instead reached historically unprecedented heights of impunity in all manner of vices far above and beyond the challenges which made some of us to leave the PDP about four years ago to join others to form the APC. The party has brazenly turned itself into a sanctuary for the corrupt and a machine for rigging and for the rape of democracy.
11. Let me also put it on record that all attempts to discuss the electoral promises of the APC-led government, including the restructuring of the country as promised Nigerians and as contained in the APC manifesto, have proved abortive.
12. Beyond that, I cannot look those who elected me as their Governor here in Sokoto State in the face and boldly point to any meaningful Federal Projects initiated in the state under the APC government. Even the bulk of uncompleted Federal Projects here that were inherited from the previous administration have largely remained in their state of neglect. Sokoto State is also not being meaningfully carried along in political appointments and in other matters of national importance.
13. Like most states of the North, and indeed the entire federation, elders and traditional institutions have come under measured disrespect. The recent attack in Tabinnii in Rabah LGA of Sokoto State, the routine invasion of Zamfara State by armed bandits, the now-regular killing of policemen by unknown gun men all over the country, the regular massacre of innocent people in the North East axis and many similar daily incidents, do not attract much attention any more.
14. Good governance, viz-a-viz economic wellbeing of our people, remains the major reason for my action of today. Information from National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) shows that over nine million jobs have been lost in the last 3 years, since the APC Government came into office. While youth unemployment rate was 11.70 per cent during the fourth quarter of 2014, it rose to 33.10 per cent in third quarter of 2017 under the APC Government. The economy is not showing any real signs of improvement. Our educational and health institutions are in retreat. Poverty is on rampage and still ravages the land. It is unacceptable that majority of those who voted for APC in 2015 should have nothing good to show for it.
15. As in the past, it is only my interest in equity, the wellbeing of Nigerians and a befitting future for our teeming youths, national unity and economic prosperity that has led to my new locus in Nigerian politics today. We all have a duty to do our best, while nudging our political parties to progressively align political contests in Nigeria along clear ideological lines; such that sooner rather than later the aspirations and the will of our people will be the only determinant of election outcomes.
16. Let me at this juncture state emphatically that I return to the PDP with a clear conscience today, because the party has learnt some bitter lessons and noted what mistakes it must avoid in the future. It is now a repositioned and forward looking political party to which I now pledge loyalty, in my resolve to contribute towards improving the lives of Nigerians and expanding opportunities for the youths. It is only by working together as agents of development that we can promote excellence, competence, good governance and enthronement of genuine democracy to save Nigeria.
17. I thank you for your understanding, support, prayers and your continued faith in the Nigerian Project. May Almighty Allah guide and protect us.
Rt. Hon. Aminu Waziri Tambuwal CFR, (Mutawallen Sokoto)
Sokoto State - @Hope For Nigeria.
|Business / Re: Fire At Ecobank Headquarters In Lagos (VIDEO) by emmatuxz(m): 5:30pm On Jul 31, 2018|
|Politics / Re: A True Life Story : PDP Vs APC by emmatuxz(m): 5:43pm On Jul 24, 2018|
H for sure
|Politics / Re: A True Life Story : PDP Vs APC by emmatuxz(m): 4:04pm On Jul 24, 2018|
|Politics / A True Life Story : PDP Vs APC by emmatuxz(m): 3:55pm On Jul 24, 2018|
I had a girl working for me years ago in Kaduna. H had a lot of male friends who were always gathering at my kiosk. The girl's numerous friends always came to patronize me. The friends of her friends also came to patronize me. My kiosk was more than a business hub; a Mecca of some sort.
I was happy because my business was doing great. If I bought rolls of recharge cards, they would be exhausted before nightfall.
One day, a woman who had a shop in the neighborhood surreptitiously summoned me.
"Put an eye on that your girl. I think she is stealing from you." The woman said.
I thanked her and left.
That evening, I took all our books home and went through them but I found nothing incriminating.
We were okay profit-wise. If there was fraud as the woman had alleged, my girl deserved to be applauded because there was no trace of it in the books.
However, two things occupied my mind; the thought of making more money if I had a more trusted person on the saddle and the curiosity of a feline kitten. I wanted to catch her red handed.
A week later, a young man came to see me. "Bros, sack that your girl." He fired emphatically. "She too dey follow boys."
I told him the girl's personal life had got nothing to do with my business.
"But na your name dey girl dey spoil na. People will be talking that na ashawo dey work for you."
I thought about it but I refused to fire H.
Then came the red handed day! A man came to buy glo recharge card of five hundred naira. She sold the card in my presence but when I looked in the books later, it was not captured in it.
I was flabbergasted. So it was true! Judgement day had come finally.
I confronted her the next day and discovered that she indeed faulted. However, she actually did not steal from me. She sold her own card.
"You mean you bring your own recharge cards here to sell?" I thundered truculently. Then, I uttered the dreaded words; "You are fired!"
Quietly, she left without putting a word of scorn against me.
Someone introduced T to me; a humble girl whom everyone trusted. "She will not steal from you." I was told.
Dry, cold and snaky; T was. All my customers left one by one. She was hostile. She was never going to cross the road like H and get change for customers. Better she didn't sell than for her to go about looking for change. All that she cared about was her salary. Some customers said she was rude.
Soon, this disposition began to tell on the business negatively. My money was never missing but business became terrible for me. I was now borrowing to pay her.
One day I rode past a street around my area and found H in a kiosk. She was now with another. There were lots of people around her and there was good life there.
Deep inside me, I wished I hadn't fired her but I could not say it for fear of being labeled a bad business man.
Miserably, I hid my face and went back to my kiosk where I found T as usual dozing on the chair. I didn't need anyone to tell me that I'd failed. A week later, I sold everything and closed shop.
These things happen all the time to us. A good business man will never fire a productive staff but the Adamic nature of man which makes him insatiable will always make him think lime was better than orange. And until he had tasted lime which he does not have, he would forever think orange was the worst among all the fruits.
If this scenario plays out in my next life, who would you advise I hire; H or T?
Please I didn't mention APC in this post o!
|Business / Moringa Seed @1600 Per Kg by emmatuxz(m): 8:23am On Jul 20, 2018|
The Health Benefits of Moringa Seeds
Moringa seeds are a potentially incredible find, with antioxidant, anti- inflammatory, and cholesterol- lowering effects listed among some of their benefits.
Moringa seeds also offer many nutritional benefits . They contain:
Seven times more vitamin C than oranges Ten times the amount of vitamin A found in carrots Seventeen times more calcium than milk Fifteen times more potassium than bananas Nine times more protein than yogurt. Twenty-five times more iron than spinach. ( 1 )
And that’s just scratching the surface of the purported benefits of moringa seeds.
If research pans out, it’s possible that the moringa tree (also known as the drumstick tree) and its seeds will become a new superfood.
Call 08038386475 For moringa seeds,leaves and extracts
|Sports / List Of Individual-prize Winners At 2018 W/cup by emmatuxz(m): 7:37am On Jul 16, 2018|
Croatia’s Luka Modric has won the Golden Ball at the 2018 World Cup in Russia after guiding his side to second place at the competition.
The team lost 4-2 to France on Sunday but the Real Madrid man took the Most Valuable Player award after an impressive showing.
He scored two goals, one against Nigeria and Argentina in the group stage of the competition to beat Belgium’s Eden Hazard to the award.
The former Tottenham midfield maestro also got an assist in the competition as he piloted his side to the final against France.
Young Player of the World Cup – Kylian Mbappe
The pacy French teenager bagged four goals at the competition. He scored one in the final to match Pele’s record as the youngest player to bag a goal at the final of the World Cup.
In the round of 16 clash with Argentina, the Paris Saint-Germain star grabbed two as the Les Bleus saw off the South Americans 4-3.
Golden Boot – Harry Kane of England
Coming in as captain of the young Three Lions, Kane who plays for Tottenham, was instrumental as the team cruised to the last four of the competition.
He scored six goals at the tournament as England finished fourth, their best since the 1990 edition in Italy.
Thibaut Courtois – Golden Glove
The Chelsea goalie was named the best goalkeeper at the competition after he won the bronze medal with Belgium.
He made 27 saves in seven games at the competition, keeping three clean sheets in the process.
In all, Courtois had a saving rate of 81 percent in Russia to claim the award.
Harry Kane. Getty Images
|Sports / Re: Breaking News! Amaju Pinnick Becomes CAF 1st Vice-president by emmatuxz(m): 7:47am On Jul 06, 2018|
Local Politics vs International Politics
|Sports / Breaking News! Amaju Pinnick Becomes CAF 1st Vice-president by emmatuxz(m): 7:27am On Jul 06, 2018|
The Confederation Africaine De Football has appointed the embattled NFF President, Amaju Pinnick, the 1st Vice President of CAF.
According to the letter available to TheCapitalng,
“Following the resignation of the 1st Vice President Mr. Kwesi NYANTAKYI, CAF President, after consulting the members of the Emergency Committee, appointed Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick as 1st Vice President.
The decision is immediately applicable, in accordance with article 27 para. 2 of the statutes, which will be ratified by the Executive Committee in its session scheduled on the 27 and 28 of September 2018.
We thank you for kindly taking note
|Celebrities / Re: Young Man Does The ‘unthinkable’ After A Lady Slapped Him On An ATM Queue by emmatuxz(m): 6:19pm On May 24, 2018|
|Celebrities / Young Man Does The ‘unthinkable’ After A Lady Slapped Him On An ATM Queue by emmatuxz(m): 6:06pm On May 24, 2018|
Young Man Does The ‘Unthinkable’ After A Lady Slapped Him On An ATM Queue (Photos)
by - OG DEJI 4 hours ago NAIJA NEWS
A Nigerian Twitter user identified as Chris Nnatu (@chrisnnatu), has taken to the social networking platform to reveal how his friend was given a slap by a woman at an ATM queue.
According to Chris’ friend, a light argument had started after the woman came to the queue and insisted that she was there before him, and a few minutes later, she landed him a slap.
And to test her, he dared her to slap him again, and she did just that. But being a good guy that he is, he just stood for minutes, flashed back at his mom, sister, cousin, girlfriend and just walk away.
Below is how he narrated his story in full:-
|Celebrities / Re: Comedian Ayo Makun Carpets Davido, “you Don’t Have Respect” by emmatuxz(m): 4:14pm On May 01, 2018|
|Celebrities / Comedian Ayo Makun Carpets Davido, “you Don’t Have Respect” by emmatuxz(m): 3:42pm On May 01, 2018|
Yesterday was indeed love declaration day. Last night, superstar singer Davido surprised his girlfriend Chioma with a Porsche as her 23rd birthday gift after releasing a new single for her.
The singer posted a video of the moment she saw the car and wrote:
I give my baby ASSURANCE!!! I love you baby!! WE IN THIS 4 LIFE!! ❤❤❤❤��� @thechefchi !! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHIOM CHIOM !! FROM ME TO YOU!! I BOUGHT MY BABY A PORSCHE!! ���
This funnily didn’t sit well with Ayo Makun who took to his Instagram page to share his thoughts. He wrote;
(Davido) you don’t have respect. I need to rush and go and block you from appearing on my wife’s timeline… This PORSCHE ASSURANCE gift to @thechefchi is too much for your age na.
How much @miraclebigbrother win after waiting on the lord for 3 months in #bbnaija2018? God punish any man wey one begin type one page of poem give woman for instagram tomorrow morning all in the name of birthday wishes.
@midas_interiors, (Mabel, his wife) the good lord told me you don’t want designer, you don’t want Ferrari but my love.
All these are the things of the world, lets just continue to serve the living God and avoid #yorubademons like these lazy Nigerian OBO youth. in short make God scatter this world make everybody start afresh ������ #assurancev33
|Politics / Re: Implications Of Dino Melaye's Failed Recall by emmatuxz(m): 1:33pm On Apr 30, 2018|
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 185