Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,470 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos (7947 Views)

Guide Cost Of Decking Slab Of A Standard Twin Three Bedroom / Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt. / Approximate Estimation Of The Cost Of 3-bedroom Decking Slab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by segcymoor(m): 5:53pm On Jul 25, 2012
We did nt start this project from the onset but now we intend to do suspended slab otherwise known as decking.
To make room for beam we decided to remove the block...We shall keep u update as we progress.
DAY 1

Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by segcymoor(m): 5:56pm On Jul 25, 2012
men at work

1 Share

Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by segcymoor(m): 8:54pm On Jul 26, 2012
DAT 2
Left to us the column to carry decking is not project enough from d block so we decided to join iron before decking

Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by segcymoor(m): 9:30pm On Jul 27, 2012
DAY 3. The topography of d site is slope towards back, sharply. Unfortunately, the level is not taking from d foundation.
If this level is not taking during d decking, all d load tend to fall towards back and this may result to collapse because load is not evenly distributed....I stand to be corrected.

Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by segcymoor(m): 9:34pm On Jul 27, 2012
This particular project is 4 Units of 3 Bedroom flat.
Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by segcymoor(m): 8:06am On Jul 28, 2012
Slab work...
Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by Aventures(m): 11:51am On Jul 28, 2012
U re correct. Some bldg collapse have been attributed to irregularities like this by expert. Such includes inadequate sectioning of structural members, wrong horizontal and vertical allignments/levels etc. As proffessional that is why i prefer to use framed merhod of construction as it helps to effectively controls all this irregularities. Good job my guy kip it up. Cheers!
Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by segcymoor(m): 6:07pm On Jul 30, 2012
DAY 4-5

Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by segcymoor(m): 6:10pm On Jul 30, 2012
Form work

Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by EcoTBuild: 1:40am On Jul 31, 2012
@op (and all) you can save could've saved about 75% on the cost formwork by using using our RIB & BLOCK Slab solution. The same product will reduce the volume of concrete on the eventual slab by at least 25% and cost of reinforcement by more than 10%.
If considered in the structural design from out set you could save up to 10% on Foundation cost. The cut can go on and on. Ultimately final saving on cost of building would stand in the region of 10% upwards!
[size=8pt][/size]

Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by segcymoor(m): 7:56am On Jul 31, 2012
@Eco-TBuild. i am not trying to condemn ur skill but i hope u are refering to something like this. this is my experience on this so called safe money slab. dis project is along badore, Ajah, just before Oando. The engineer almost make me reget of wasting money for doing normal reinforcement work untill this happen following week

Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by segcymoor(m): 10:48pm On Aug 01, 2012
DAY 6

Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by EcoTBuild: 10:45pm On Aug 02, 2012
@segcy-moor, sorry about the unfortunate outcome there. However the RIB & BLOCK product I'm promoting are precast components with minimum insitu concrete content. What you have up there is a complete insitu production. And I suspect the hollow blocks are of the common low quality types.
I personally have deployed insitu ribbed slab, without infills, and the building is still standing 8 years after.
Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by EcoTBuild: 10:50pm On Aug 02, 2012
Oh! I forot to mention that I love the good work you're having a formwork in this your present project.
Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by segcymoor(m): 9:51pm On Aug 03, 2012
thanks
Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by segcymoor(m): 8:20am On Aug 06, 2012
DAY 7-8

Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 06, 2012
U are indeed a sound professional in Building industry. Keep it up!
Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by segcymoor(m): 9:10pm On Aug 06, 2012
DAY 9

Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by segcymoor(m): 9:16pm On Aug 07, 2012
DAY 10

Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by segcymoor(m): 7:04am On Aug 08, 2012
This simple thing is technically called biscuit at site. it is made wth sand and little cement. Dis so called biscuit cost less than 2k to produce but as cheap as it's, ur decking may not last for 2 yrs if not consider. u will see d way we use it later.

Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by segcymoor(m): 9:00pm On Aug 08, 2012
call 08023807960 for enquiry
Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by segcymoor(m): 9:12pm On Aug 09, 2012
DAY 11

Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by segcymoor(m): 9:59pm On Aug 10, 2012
DAY 12-13

Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by EcoTBuild: 12:43am On Aug 11, 2012
@segcy, what's the concealed beam ( "in-beams" ) for?
Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by segcymoor(m): 10:22pm On Aug 11, 2012
DAY 24..Castibg of decking

Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by segcymoor(m): 10:28pm On Aug 11, 2012
@Eco-TBuild.....I thought u should ve know that being an Engineer

Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by segcymoor(m): 10:31pm On Aug 11, 2012
Vibrator

Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by segcymoor(m): 10:34pm On Aug 11, 2012
U will observer some beam decking smooth and full while some wth void and rough...that was the work of the Vibrator
Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by segcymoor(m): 9:21pm On Aug 12, 2012
D decking is througly wet this week
Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by segcymoor(m): 9:22pm On Aug 12, 2012
I mean to say vigbator machine
Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by segcymoor(m): 9:32pm On Aug 13, 2012
DAY 15....Wetting of decking...slab may not strong enough if this little is notdone

Re: Costruction Of Suspended Slab(decking)at Ikosi, Lagos by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 14, 2012
u mean to say vibrabor machine?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lovely House For Sale @VGC 100m asking with swimming pool / How A Landlord Can Increase Rental Value Through Renovations / How to Identify Quality /Authentic Stone Coated Roofing Tiles.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.