Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Ugly Betty On DSTV! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ugly Betty On DSTV! (3618 Views)

The Launching Of Red TV: Tony Elumelu, Betty Irabor, Others Attend / Lawyers To Sue Betty For "Public Sex" In Big Brother House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ugly Betty On DSTV! by odada(m): 7:08am On Dec 12, 2007
Okay seriously now I know this show has been on for a while now but I have totally ignored it until recently when this holiday channel on dstv started showing it all over again from season 1 episode 1! now am so cranked up like souldjah boy to my flat screen in the evenings to watch americas something play Ugly Betty! its such a rave show I love the glamour, glitterazzy,and other perks that comes with working for a top fashion/celebrity magazine!I guess the devil really wears prada afterall? cheesy cheesy

What's your views, criticisms, opinions or pick on the show?
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by Lola4eva(f): 9:05am On Dec 12, 2007
Ure right i kind of ignored it too until mnet holiday started on the 10th of Dec. I think its really funny and fun to watch, america ferrari plays the part of ugly betty so well and she's actually very pretty.
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by Migines(m): 6:07pm On Dec 12, 2007
Yeah its really cool. . . . . Nd i dig dat busty black lady nd d oda secretary.
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by Betty605: 9:07pm On Dec 12, 2007
odada:

Okay seriously now I know this show has been on for a while now but I have totatlly ignored it until recently when this holiday channel on dstv started showing it all over again from season 1 episode 1! now am so cranked up like souldjah boy to my flat screen in the evenings to watch americas something play ugly betty! its such a rave show I love the glamour,glitterazzy,and other perks that comes with working for a top fashion/celebrity magazine!I guess the devil really wears prada afterall? cheesy cheesy

Whats your views,criticisms,opinions or pick on the show?

I'm also hooked to the show, Her name is America Ferrera.
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by odada(m): 11:27pm On Dec 12, 2007
wow!I cant get enough of[b] ugly betty[/b] yet?lol, I really like the P.A to the black lady in the company,he reminds me of a friend of mine in Babcock UNI cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by iice(f): 2:03am On Dec 13, 2007
Love it!! Love Wilhemina (or whatever her name is) very evil grin grin
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by odada(m): 8:12am On Dec 13, 2007
iice:

Love it!! Love Wilhemina (or whatever her name is) very evil grin grin
You mean the next to bettys boss?the black lady innit cheesy cheesy cheesy shes evil but very stylish and classy!her assistant totally freaks me out!hes sooooooo GAY grin grin grin its such a show with all the right punches in the right directions for someone like me who loves entertainment,love&relationships!you get it saavy tongue tongue cheesy wink
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by iice(f): 8:26am On Dec 13, 2007
Lmao. . .yeah the lady that badly wants Mode publications grin (Vanessa L. Williams xter) She's just the bomb, always in white (like moi tongue) love her assistant. . .4got his name. . .sooo exuberant cheesy cheesy Then there's Amanda lol she just cracks me up tongue tongue I stopped @ episode 6 season 2. . .yet to catch up.  BTW hear LiLo is making a guest experience this season. . .ewww
OMG!!! how could i totally forget about Claire Meade? She's totally the bomb! grin grin grin Alcoholic psycho grin grin Love her!
Some days i like Daniel, other days, he's just too into the self-pitying mode rolls eyes
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by odada(m): 8:34am On Dec 13, 2007
You tell it like it should be told iice wink wink wink thats hotttttttt!
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by Busta(f): 5:29pm On Dec 19, 2007
Love the show!
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by odada(m): 9:43pm On Dec 20, 2007
Me too its so GLAM. . . grin
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by janedoe(f): 3:56am On Jan 06, 2008
It's cool,Love Vanessa Williams as the Villain in this one.
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by Migines(m): 8:59am On Jan 06, 2008
Funny enuf i like her. Shes damn pretty 4 her age. Amanda and mark just kip crackn me up wit der conversations. Den betty. . . O betty. . . Wen she smiles, i ROFLMAO. Den i just love staring at Helda.
Justin myte turn out to be gay someday.
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by janedoe(f): 1:41pm On Jan 06, 2008
Yep Amanda and Mark,never seen two people being so evil look so good smiley
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by joshjosh(m): 3:25pm On Jan 06, 2008
thanks guys. you guys make my point for me. Nigerians know and appreciate good clean entertainment.  ugly Betty is good and clean fun.

Touchstone & Reveille studios at their best.  no over rated stars and great writers. i am a paid up fan. i have series 1. will get the next too in my library. enjoy it and hope you guys get them to buy over there too.

Becki Newton as Amanda, Ana Ortiz as Hilda and Rebbecca Romijn as alexis Meade put in a strong performance too.
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by Migines(m): 4:55pm On Jan 06, 2008
@janedoe
yeah, ure ryte, they make evil luk good.
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by joshjosh(m): 5:47pm On Jan 06, 2008
that is what good comedy does. turns common sense on its head don't we all know people like that?. people who know her for real say becki is a very nice young lady though with a great conscience. the writers are brilliant. if you can can catch a little snap go here. http://www.channel4.com/video/ugly-betty/series-2/episode-8/where-theres-a-will_p_1.html?intcmp=lifepage_box6

i don't know if channel4 allows viewers in Nigeria to watch on demand there. here is the link you may need to register or just buy the set if you like it that much http://www.channel4.com/4od/index.html?cntsrc=ppc_4od_google_GCONTENT+Free

enjoy
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by tommyex(m): 8:09pm On Jan 06, 2008
i beg Migines or any1,what time do they show it on dstv?i no mind oo,i hardly check them Mnet n co
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 06, 2008
No wonder my sisters laugh their heads off whenever ugly betty's on.
with all these rave reviews?
ok i'm now a fan
raise a glass to da power of social networking!!!
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by janedoe(f): 2:47am On Jan 07, 2008
Also love the black lady,what's her name,the one that was on the run with Claire meade
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by Migines(m): 7:51am On Jan 07, 2008
Wilhelmina?
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by janedoe(f): 1:36pm On Jan 07, 2008
no,she's an ex-con too,she's kindda into Claire Meade.
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by candies(f): 1:53pm On Jan 07, 2008
I've not watched it but now that everyone seem to like it so much, i'll start watching!
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by mekoyo(m): 3:08pm On Jan 07, 2008
Passerby*********wispers as he passes
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by odada(m): 12:18am On Jan 08, 2008
Saw Micheal ***** cast name mark as the host of America's beauty pageant tonit on E!he totally rocks and has some exquisite style and fashion statement that makes me want to believe he's gay or  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by maden9ja(m): 5:28pm On Jan 10, 2008
My plan was to ignore this post,
But I have to admit,  it's a good show,

I watch particulary because of Hilda (Betty's older sis),  .she's so hooooooootttttttttt,  u better recognize
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by odada(m): 11:19pm On Jan 10, 2008
made.n.9ja:

My plan was to ignore this post,
But I have to admit, it's a good show,

I watch particulary because of Hilda (Betty's older sis), .she's so hooooooootttttttttt, u better recognize

True that!she's hot alrite grin grin grin I guess everyone on the thread recognises that!!!
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by Gamine(f): 11:39pm On Jan 10, 2008
I love ugly betty

i just hate that it promotes homosexualism, like evry show on tv these days
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by odada(m): 11:09pm On Jan 14, 2008
Gamine:

I love ugly betty

i just hate that it promotes homosexualism, like evry show on tv these days

Hmnnnnnn dont we all?but I love the show grin grin grin
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by janedoe(f): 2:02pm On Jan 18, 2008
OMG! Claire Meade has been Vindicated,yay!
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by lawyer(m): 5:14pm On Jan 18, 2008
Ugly betty is definately the funniest series i have watched in a while. I have always ignored the synopsis of the series until one day i reluctantly bought season 1 and didnt leave my house for 2 days until i finished the whole season in a stretch. Its so hilarious how a person can be moving around the whole of new york with braces as big as a satellite dish and doesnt give a hoot, lol

The thing that cracks me up the most is that despite her ugliness, she has actually kissed more people than expected. Marc the gay assistant, walter her ex boyfriend who revels in giving her remote controls and batteries as a present and dates henry ( Actually the cutiest person on the show), who says being ugly doesnt get you the best things of life, lol
Re: Ugly Betty On DSTV! by mohawkchic(f): 9:15pm On Jan 21, 2008
~Two thumbs up from me!!Am ecstatic peeps are lovin the show just as much as i am! Usually hit shows dont air in the UK at the same time it does  in the USA,my sis gave me the heads up to watch out for it. . . so i've been a huge fan since the first episode aired!!

~The characters are just fabulous,each to its own!Did y'll c the episode with Posh Spice,lol,cracked me up!Ooo & when Ms. Slater ended up in the grave,hilarious!!

~There shud be more shows like this on Tv! Am soo hooked on it,i dont mind watching re-runs of it!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Download Chinese Film/korean Tv Series? / Lets Discuss 'mytv' Channels. Cheapest Family Bouquet? / Interesting New Or Upcoming Movies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.