Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,587 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Richard Branson's Verdict On Doing business In Nigeria" - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Richard Branson's Verdict On Doing business In Nigeria" (4326 Views)

Diezani In Talks With Richard Branson For A Trip To Mars! / Nigerian Wins UK Innovation Prize, Mentorship With Richard Branson. / Virgin's Sir Richard Branson Turns Stewardess After Losing Bet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Richard Branson's Verdict On Doing business In Nigeria" by chucky234(m): 11:50am On Jul 26, 2012
RICHARD BRANSON'S VERDICT ON DOING
BUSINESS IN NIGERIA"

Richard Branson the chairman of Virgin Atlantic spoke on a number of issues regarding doing business in Nigeria:
"We have virgin's ill-fated footsteps by
setting up a new airline in Africa, in
conjunction with the Nigerian government, the details of the doomed attempts to crack the Nigerian market in the 2000s is better imagined. We put together a very good airline, the first airline in West Africa that was IOSA/IATA, operational safety audit accredited but unfortunately it got tied down to the politics of the country.
We led the airlines for 11 years, we fought a daily battle against government agents who wanted to make a fortune from us, politicians who saw the government's 49% as a meal to seek for all kinds of favours.
Watchdogs (regulatory bodies) that
didn't know what to do & were
persistently asking for bribes at any
point. Nigerians are generally nice but
the politicians are very insane. That may be ironic because the people make up the politicians but those politicians are selfish. We made N3billion for the federal government of Nigeria during the joint venture, considering that the government didn't bring anything to the table/partnership except dubious debts by the previous carrier, Nigeria Airways.
The joint venture should have been the biggest African carrier by now if the partnership was allowed to grow, but the politicians KILLED it. Nigeria is a country we SHALL NEVER consider doing business in again''

You can also read this story in the links below:

www.lasgididublin.com/richard-branson-verdict-on-doing-business-with-nigerian-government-in-nigeria/

www.naijaleaks.org/?p=1223&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=richard-branson-verdict-business-nigeria
Re: Richard Branson's Verdict On Doing business In Nigeria" by member10: 12:02pm On Jul 26, 2012
I am shocked, and speechless.. See that last sentence, oh my nigeria! Its so unfortunate!
Oh well, what do you expect when you bring a person straight out of prison to rule a country. Sad!
So no foreign investors willing to come here, to top it, insecurity completely blocks the chances.
So sad!
Re: Richard Branson's Verdict On Doing business In Nigeria" by Chanchit: 12:56pm On Jul 26, 2012
Is this how GEJ wants to bring foreign investor to Nigeria...? After milking them dry, then they go back to their countries with their souls bleeding, no wonder foreign investors are running into nigeria.... I would have loved to say GEJ should tie his dogs, bt in this situation, dog don tie master...
Re: Richard Branson's Verdict On Doing business In Nigeria" by chucky234(m): 1:47pm On Jul 26, 2012
Mod frontpage pls
Re: Richard Branson's Verdict On Doing business In Nigeria" by Demdem(m): 2:15pm On Jul 26, 2012
any link? love reading from the source.
Re: Richard Branson's Verdict On Doing business In Nigeria" by chucky234(m): 2:30pm On Jul 26, 2012
Demdem: any link? love reading from the source.
Links included,you can also check yahoo.group.com for same story.

1 Like

Re: Richard Branson's Verdict On Doing business In Nigeria" by chyseth(m): 6:06pm On Jul 26, 2012
i read this story and i cant help but weep for my dear country. how is it that we re so blessed for with foolish and very very self politicians that are always happy to truncate every opportunity that will improve this country. am still wondering what gives us the ground to keep saying Nigeria is a great nation. it is well. if Richard Branson will make such a categorical statement, tell me what will be the confidence of an entirely new foreign investor coming into this dead country. no wonder its only foolish and jobless Indians we re only able to attract.

1 Like

Re: Richard Branson's Verdict On Doing business In Nigeria" by 1kobo: 11:38am On Feb 23, 2013
Bull shit, who on earth is Richard to say such a fin about nija. N why shud u guys be sorry because for nija because of wat 1 man said. Because his business failed in dis country does not mean other business won't work hia. Mtn is working, shell has been working, and so many others.
I think Richard n his people do not have what it takes do business here. Our politicians are corrupt, it is a pity he is just knowing.
Who ever wants to do business hia, must be prepared.
Re: Richard Branson's Verdict On Doing business In Nigeria" by stockbull(m): 8:54am On Mar 30, 2013
love stock business,

www.facebook.com/prostockalert
Re: Richard Branson's Verdict On Doing business In Nigeria" by dataideas: 10:39pm On Jan 04, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Adebayo Ogunlesi Biography: Net Worth, Age, Wife, Children, Airports, House / How To Set Social Media Marketing Strategy For Your Business / Carport In Abuja 08147861472

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.