Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,803 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

11,560 For 400 Spaces At Fed Varsity, Oye-ekiti - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 11,560 For 400 Spaces At Fed Varsity, Oye-ekiti (637 Views)

Federal University Oye-ekiti (fuoye) 2016/2017 Post Utme/admission Processes. / Federal University Oye Ekiti 2012/2013 Admission / Federal University Oye Ekiti Post Utme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

11,560 For 400 Spaces At Fed Varsity, Oye-ekiti by dani1luv: 2:22pm On Jul 26, 2012
THE Federal Uiversity, Oye-Ekiti at the weekend concluded the conduct of test for 11, 560 applicants, who were successful in Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME).

But the candidates have another hurdle: There are only seek 400 vacancies available in the five academic faculties of the university. They are Humanities, Social Sciences, Sciences, Agriculture, and Engineering. The two campuses of the insitution are located at Oye and Ikole Ekiti.

Speaking with reporters at the institution's Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Centre located at the Oye campus, the Vice-Chancellor, Prof Chinedu Nebo, said the academic activities would start July 25, this year.

Represented by the institution's Acting Registrar, Mr Abiodun Adeyemo, Nebo disclosed the target of starting academic activities on the said date would make the university the first to take off among the nine newly established by the government last year.

He noted that conducting the post-UTME online has flagged off the e-learning mode, which would come into full swing as students resume lectures. He said the institution has used the screening as a case study in e-learning it plans to introduce.

Nebo added that the institution would adhere to the admission limit of the National Universities Commission (NUC) to forestall population explosion. Once academic activities start, the VC said students would pass through rigorous academic training, as well as skills acquisition programmes that would protect them from unemployment after school.

"This course of distinction has started with the fact that the post-UTME test was conducted for every candidate through the electronic system", he said.

Meanwhile, candidates who wrote the test commended the authorities for what one of them said to be "an exercise with a human face."

A candidate, who identified himself as Ahmed, noted the patience with which the officials took them through the computer aspect of the test before they wrote the test itself.

He said: "I want to say I feel proud to have chosen Oye as my school. I am sure I will pass my test as I passed my UTME."

Source

(1) (Reply)

Your Most Boring Subject In Your Jss. Class / Les Erudits International School Benin- Bilingual. / Am I Stupid ?,please Advice Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.