Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,464 members, 7,843,429 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Unilorin Gets New VC - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilorin Gets New VC (941 Views)

Profile Of The New VC Of NOUN – Prof Abdalla Uba Adamu / Anambra Varsity Gets New Name / Unilorin Gets New VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unilorin Gets New VC by NeuroBoss(m): 10:58pm On Jul 26, 2012
The Governing Council of the University of Ilorin have earlier today announced the emergence of Prof. Ganiyu Ambali of the institution's Veterinary Medicine department as the new Vice-Chancellor following the expiration of the tenure of the incumbent due in October. Ambali emerged winner out of a total of 20 seasoned aspirants that included 19 professors from the university and one from outside. His appointment according to insiders (of which I'm one) is seen as a form of pacification to the Ilorin indigenes who wanted one of their own at the helms at all cost. Another reason is that Ambali was said to have been the preferred candidate in 2007 when the post was vacant but was disqualified on the ground that Unilorin do not run academic programme in his field of Veterinary Medicine. It will not be wrong to posit that the Veterinary Medicine department was finally created in 2009 bearing him in mind as he got employed into the department that same year. Congratulations to Prof. Ganiyu Ambali. May God give you the wisdom to enable surpass the achievements of your predecessor, Prof. Is-haq Olanrewaju Oloyede. Long live Unilorin....Better by far! PROBITAS DOCTRINA!
Re: Unilorin Gets New VC by samlexxy: 5:55am On Jul 27, 2012
Do they now accept fresh year result..‎​‎​i mean fresh ssce result
Re: Unilorin Gets New VC by anicho(m): 8:15am On Jul 27, 2012
I've known prof. Ambali would be our new VC since 1st semester....my source >> the DVC (research). Hope the legacy of prof. Oloyede continues.
BETTER BY FAR....we set the pace.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Robbing Chief Afe Babalola Blind / . / How Schlumberger Humiliated Some Niger Delta Engineering Students :intern Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.