Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

I Don't Like Beans - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Don't Like Beans (2632 Views)

If A Food Like Beans Is Cooked On Xmas Day In Your House. / I Am In Love With These Two Chicks, I Don't Know Which One To Pick (pics) / BEANS - The Reason Why I Hate Saturday Morning. Meals U Don't Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Like Beans by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 27, 2012
Yes. Confession time. I'm Nigerian and I don't like beans. Bean pottage is gross. Imagine the horror of being at work all day, starving, and before you even step into the house, you smell beans. Hell truly is here on earth sad

Texture? I don't like. Smell? Mbanu. Taste? Tufia.

Even if it's with rice, I'll manage only three beans to a mound of delicious white rice and stew.

The way beans spoil bread. Soft, delectable-looking bread, slathered with beans. No, not with butter or jam, but with gas pellets. Wetin dey do una?

Beans are perseverent. They never lose in the digestion battle. You eat beans, smiling, laughing, jollifying because you think you don chop well. 30 minutes later e dey remind you e go always have the last laugh. I no fit o.

And why oh why do people eat beans and drink garri? NA SIN O! Garri is my best food, particularly garri ijebu. I have always proclaimed that garri is the only way the human race can attain world peace. Imagine a beautiful bowl of glimmering, milky, garri next to a tattered plate of beans. For what? The only comparison is standing Bianca Ojukwu next to Mr Ibu. It's an abomination in my book.

Thank goodness there are other high-proteinous foods available. If beans were the only protein sources around, Ogugua88 would be very protein-deficient.

I know I can't be the only one that doesn't like beans. Maybe, due to fear of persecution, some have remained silent. Well, today let us be fearless and vocal. Tell us why you don't like beans!

By the way, in my world, beans does not include moin-moin cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Don't Like Beans by ODB1: 9:46am On Jul 27, 2012
Par-boil beans
wash and rinse
boil again

use vegetable oil instead of palm oil(high cholesterol and usually tainted with toxic chemicals and germs)
season as you wish.

try it!
Re: I Don't Like Beans by kandiikane(m): 9:49am On Jul 27, 2012
grin grin grin

My grandma cooks the best jollof rice with beans(black eye)-yes beans(If you never hear am, go to where jollof rice originated from) cheesy
Re: I Don't Like Beans by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 27, 2012
The two of you should go and make a "We Love Beans" thread. It's not every day that an anti-beanite gets to vent, especially amongst Africans. Many will see this topic as condundrum. I want to dislike beans in peace abeg lol.
Re: I Don't Like Beans by ODB1: 9:53am On Jul 27, 2012
ogugua88: The two of you should go and make a "We Love Beans" thread. It's not every day that an anti-beanite gets to vent, especially amongst Africans. Many will see this topic as condundrum. I want to dislike beans in peace abeg lol.

you must have gas
Re: I Don't Like Beans by kandiikane(m): 9:54am On Jul 27, 2012
grin grin grin

You forgot to write what beans can do to your bowels. Ferocious gases grin grin
Re: I Don't Like Beans by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 27, 2012
O.D.B.:
you must have gas

Lmaooo.

Thanks for reminding me Kandii. Lol.
Re: I Don't Like Beans by 190theclown: 9:59am On Jul 27, 2012
My problem is yam infact boiled yam
After God created that fruit in d garden of eden
He asked adam and eve not 2 eat dat fruit or yam

Infact eve ate d fruit and adam ate yam
Yam is d worst food ever created 2 destroy man kind
Esp dat boiled yam

Jesus - it gives me goose bumps lookin at it
Last time I had a dream dat yam wuz chasing me with whips
I ran 4 my life

God 4bid me and yam
Re: I Don't Like Beans by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 27, 2012
^^^ See this one. Don't hijack my thread. Go and create "I Don't Like Yams". I will be there to curse you as yams were sent down from the highest gods.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Like Beans by kandiikane(m): 10:00am On Jul 27, 2012
@190 Someone said beans and you are here yarning yam. Go open your anti-yam thread. tongue
Re: I Don't Like Beans by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 27, 2012
Yam + Beans = The pathway to heaven. cool
Re: I Don't Like Beans by kandiikane(m): 10:02am On Jul 27, 2012
ogugua88: ^^^ See this one. Don't hijack my thread. Go and create "I Don't Like Yams". I will be there to curse you as yams were sent down from the highest gods.

Lmfaoo, so beans were sent from the lowest gods abi?

1 Like

Re: I Don't Like Beans by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 27, 2012
^^^ No. Ekwensu lol.
Re: I Don't Like Beans by FindOut(m): 10:21am On Jul 27, 2012
ogugua88: Yes. Confession time. I'm Nigerian and I don't like beans. Bean pottage is gross. Imagine the horror of being at work all day, starving, and before you even step into the house, you smell beans. Hell truly is here on earth sad

Texture? I don't like. Smell? Mbanu. Taste? Tufia.

Even if it's with rice, I'll manage only three beans to a mound of delicious white rice and stew.

The way beans spoil bread. Soft, delectable-looking bread, slathered with beans. No, not with butter or jam, but with gas pellets. Wetin dey do una?

Beans are perseverent. They never lose in the digestion battle. You eat beans, smiling, laughing, jollifying because you think you don chop well. 30 minutes later e dey remind you e go always have the last laugh. I no fit o.

And why oh why do people eat beans and drink garri? NA SIN O! Garri is my best food, particularly garri ijebu. I have always proclaimed that garri is the only way the human race can attain world peace. Imagine a beautiful bowl of glimmering, milky, garri next to a tattered plate of beans. For what? The only comparison is standing Bianca Ojukwu next to Mr Ibu. It's an abomination in my book.

Thank goodness there are other high-proteinous foods available. If beans were the only protein sources around, Ogugua88 would be very protein-deficient.

I know I can't be the only one that doesn't like beans. Maybe, due to fear of persecution, some have remained silent. Well, today let us be fearless and vocal. Tell us why you don't like beans!

By the way, in my world, beans does not include moin-moin cheesy

NGO - Movement for the Recognition of Beans Haters (MRBH)
Founder - Ogugua88

Kai, with your last paragraph, you be real 419, wayo to the core. Lol. Beans farmers must sue you o. No more moin moin for you after casting such heavy aspersions on its main raw material.

That said, one man's food is truly another man's poison sha, coz all those combinations you mentioned are quite delicious & tasty to several people including me smiley I dont really crave beans though, except when i've not had it for a looooong time, & even then, after enjoying it thoroughly like 2 - 3 times in d space of like a week, i go on my long break again.lol

Foods i just totally dislike are:

1) Ikokore ( native dish - water yam porridge), I just no like that food, except its heavily laden with meat strips n fish & a very tasty stew is poured on top of it to mask that original taste. In its simple form tho, no thank you.

2) Boiled UNRIPE plantain: ''its very rich in iron'', yeah i don hear. Why una no fit wait make the thing ripe, yellow, sweet well well. My ibo friends will tell me to try with abacha or smthn, no thank you. I'll try the RIPE one with the abacha instead.

3) Garden egg: its a vegetable/fruit = food na, abi? Me no like that thing. How do people eat it n say its sweet But then whats funny is that the last time i tried to eat it was like 10, 12 yrs ago, havnt tried it since then to see if i'll njoy it now. No need jor. Lol

4) Pear : that purple one sold with roasted corn, irritating, slimy looking on the inside, i no chop. Haven't tried eating that too in the last 8 yrs. Holding on to my initial inhibitions.lol
Re: I Don't Like Beans by kandiikane(m): 10:26am On Jul 27, 2012
For the garden egg, I still crack my brain trying to find out why people eat it.
Re: I Don't Like Beans by FindOut(m): 10:27am On Jul 27, 2012
Jeez!!!! I only read the first post n started typin my comment o, & since i'm usin a fone, didnt get to properly look at the other comments first. Just assumed the thread was about foods we don't like generally.

Apologies.

I don't don't like beans grin
Re: I Don't Like Beans by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 27, 2012
@Ogugua, have you ever tried ewa agoyin? I swear to God you`ll like it because they`re good so long and so well you will forget it`s actually to nauthy beans you always detested.
I also think the Magis is in the stew sauce that comes with it.
Re: I Don't Like Beans by MissyB3(f): 2:17pm On Jul 27, 2012
Ogugua and those that hate garden egg sauce, just state how many days ban you can serve and make this easier for me. angry
Re: I Don't Like Beans by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 27, 2012
Well, I don't like beans AND garden eggs, so am I banned indefinitely? Lol.
Re: I Don't Like Beans by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2012
Brand_new: @Ogugua, have you ever tried ewa agoyin? I swear to God you`ll like it because they`re good so long and so well you will forget it`s actually to nauthy beans you always detested.
I also think the Magis is in the stew sauce that comes with it.

You don crack me. I've tried ewa agoyin. It was okay. The one I had was prepared by a Togolese chef though.

Find Out!:
Jeez!!!! I only read the first post n started typin my comment o, & since i'm usin a fone, didnt get to properly look at the other comments first. Just assumed the thread was about foods we don't like generally.

Apologies.

I don't don't like beans grin

Lmao it's okay. I will still eat my moin-moin o. It's an entirely different taste from bean pottage lipsrsealed

As for you, you can't even eat beans consistently. It's not that great is what it means. I can smoke garri twice a day for the rest of my life and remain happy. The power of love lol.
Re: I Don't Like Beans by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 27, 2012
@OP, Women who are picky eaters like that tend to also have issues swallowing sp*rm.
I sincerely hope that is not the case here angry
Re: I Don't Like Beans by Caracta(f): 7:55pm On Jul 27, 2012
2buff: @OP, Women who are picky eaters like that tend to also have issues swallowing sp*rm.

no comment. LMAO
Re: I Don't Like Beans by FindOut(m): 11:53pm On Jul 27, 2012
ogugua88:

You don crack me. I've tried ewa agoyin. It was okay. The one I had was prepared by a Togolese chef though.

Lmao it's okay. I will still eat my moin-moin o. It's an entirely different taste from bean pottage lipsrsealed

As for you, you can't even eat beans consistently. It's not that great is what it means. I can smoke garri twice a day for the rest of my life and remain happy. The power of love lol.

hahahaha...i accept defeat o grin
Re: I Don't Like Beans by tpia5: 1:05pm On Jul 28, 2012
sometimes the beans in nigeria has a better taste and texture than the one overseas.

I dont know why this is so.
Re: I Don't Like Beans by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2012
2buff: @OP, Women who are picky eaters like that tend to also have issues swallowing sp*rm.

We know you work as a sperm bank in your hood, but there are people who still prefer noble professions.

@topic
Poor beans! So tasty. Ogugu, you might be alone in this o!
Re: I Don't Like Beans by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 28, 2012
tpia@:
sometimes the beans in nigeria has a better taste and texture than the one overseas.

I dont know why this is so.

Interesting. I did not notice.

michelin89: @topic
Poor beans! So tasty. Ogugu, you might be alone in this o!

Issokay. I will continue to stand for what I believe in. Apparently people still dey fear to renounce beans. No problem lol.
Re: I Don't Like Beans by kandiikane(m): 5:31pm On Jul 28, 2012

Lmfaoo!!

Oga, noone swallows sp*rm. It's toxic.
Re: I Don't Like Beans by Odunnu: 5:36pm On Jul 28, 2012
You dey miss seriously!
Its not strange though, but, you dey miss!
Re: I Don't Like Beans by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 28, 2012
kandiikane:

Lmfaoo!!

Oga, noone swallows sp*rm. It's toxic.

Says who? undecided
Re: I Don't Like Beans by kandiikane(m): 6:02pm On Jul 28, 2012
Doctor.
Re: I Don't Like Beans by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 28, 2012
kandiikane: Doctor.

Who gave that doctor medical license? and was it a female doctor? undecided
Re: I Don't Like Beans by kandiikane(m): 6:16pm On Jul 28, 2012
Him get phd. Na man.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where To Get Ice Cream Powder Mix- Don't Ignore / 404 Meat? / What Is The Name Of This Weird Fish Seen At A Fish Market Recently? (VID)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.