Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,614 members, 7,847,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 08:55 PM

17 OF JUNE! The Day Igbinedion University Shook! What Really Happened. - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / 17 OF JUNE! The Day Igbinedion University Shook! What Really Happened. (1184 Views)

Check Out The Dollar Rain That Happened At This Nigerian Wedding In Austria / Grandslam Dance Battle Coming Up On The 28th Of June, 2013 / Picture Of Rain Storm That Happened In Lagos Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

17 OF JUNE! The Day Igbinedion University Shook! What Really Happened. by ashybabs(m): 10:33am On Jul 27, 2012
The truth seems to have dug a hole for it and buried its self so quickly. As undue propaganda and iuo's wonderfull PR have done well to kill the matter. This is what happened, from the Z block perspective.

WHAT STARTED THE MADNESS?

Aparently there had being a series of clashes btw our buttie frat mehn and this agile militants. There was an incident an in retaliation, a cultist burnt down the car of an ex militant who happened to be one of thier representatives. Wahala!!!

The CONSEQUENCES?
Those fucking militants decided that as a result of the misdeed of one person, the whole IUO will bare the consequences. So these animals decided to gather themselves in the middle of the night and summon wrath to the innocent students, be you in a fraternity or be you a jew.

THE CHAOS

at priscisely 2am these monkeys trooped with cutlass, wood, bottles, (some mentioned guns bt i did not witness any) and anything that their brains could capacitate and charged to the rooms of people who did not know any less. Damaging the cars of students, and breaking into thier rooms to torture them... Let me pause us here! There is no picture i can paint to describe this, it was brutal and bloody. They vandalized every car they met on thier way to z block and torturing every occupant of the rooms. They were no front against them the sheriffs who are spose to insure our safety fled for thier lives we were awoken to massive beatings

A BREATHER

after three hours of thorough beating, theft and vandalizing of property these black (i mean charcoal) men trooped back to thier palacies that the school provided for them, chanting songs of gyrations. While we students trying to muster the little pride we have left, organized and went to the gate, in protest of the incident, and some driving thier damaged car to the school gate in demand that the school makes action. About a hundred of us.
These people are yet to find out such terrible decision they made.

PART TWO

these militants who happened to have being well experienced in tribal wars, get information about this development. They decide to teach these rich men pickins a lesson they will neva forget. So in broad day light these ugly men begin to dress in diabolicaly, bringing drums and even better weapons to this battle against defenseless students(butties for dat matter). Need i say more they caught us unaware and injured us the more for protesting. They further entered our female hostel as a gesture of thier dominance, and broke more cars. We continued that day in similar pattern

REACTION OF THE SCHOOL OFFICIALS

our student affairs official, a man who is known for vigour and no nonsense was witnessed to have being BEGGING the militants to not hurt anymore of the students. Our honouravle VC, even worse, was outside the gate watchin action film from a distance with soldiers on his side. There was an instance where a militant brought a student whom he had injured, showed the VC and beat him the more, we saw as our VC begged that they realease the lad, because of his injuries.
There were no sheriffs to be found. The school authorities had left us to the fate of the these baboons.

THE EXODUS

with the surviving students seeing the chaos, having witnessed the high medical traffic in the school's hospital and not wanting to fall victim. It seemed like the only rational thing to do was to desert the school and go home not regarding that exams were to continue the next day. So people, sorry, students who have payed millions to esama, decided to find escape routes for home. Many passing thick forest, some parents having sent cars for thier childrens rescue(trust buttie now). People left, i happened to stay, and let me say, the school was a graveyard dat night. It was empty.

AFTERMATH

so despite the exodus, the school authorities thought it would be ideal to sweep the whole matter under the carpet. And the best way to archieve that was to continue exams the following day. And so they did, no matter how evil it was a decision, they did it, and stuck with the descion, amidst protest. Students had to start coming back from thier havens and thier bushes.
Secondly as a way to cool thoes madmen down rumour has it that the VC took all the militants on a night out, and bought beer and schnaps for them. Can you belive that? they drank on our heads?

Conclusion
so thats it, nobody's head was cut off nobody died, but innocent students were injured, propety vandalized,there was catastrophe!!! And there is no punishment for this bastards that injured us. A matter we had no hand in.
Worse still the school issued no appology to me being injured or anyone that i know of. And wetin they burst my head pass na say dem neva repair anybody car. Its just pitifull.
I hear that our propietor is too collect two hundred more of these hooligans. And here we are unable to control or punish these ex militants. This is the school am returning too. Allah help us!!!

Pls respond by replying ur opinion on this id appreciate ur views, im healed but emotionaly scared.

http://www.acadayarns.com/index.php?a=viewtopic&key=66888667&ekey=22&topic=17%20OF%20JUNE!%20The%20day%20iuo%20shook!%20What%20really%20happened.

(1) (Reply)

The 2015 MTV Africa Complete List Music Awards #MTVMAMA2015 Winners / 11 Lessons Learnt From Climbing Idanre Hills / Just Budget Weddings Is Back!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.