Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony - Sports (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony (52290 Views)

AFCON 2013 Opening Ceremony Live / London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? / 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by kandiikane(m): 12:48am On Jul 28, 2012
Is it just me or don't people remember when muhammed ali had his head stuck up his ass and made fun of his apponent joe frazier by calling him a babboon all throughout.
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by Yeske2(m): 12:49am On Jul 28, 2012
Never seen anything this boring, enough time wasted
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by mukina2: 12:49am On Jul 28, 2012
chic2pimp:

Jealousy nah your Middle ni ehn? Mukinatu Caster Jealousy Semenya
abeg nor dey dash me ya name o

chicken shrimp caster semenya grin the first grin
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by Nobody: 12:49am On Jul 28, 2012
Patsey: QUINTESSENTIALLY BRITISH, IN DEED!

English! - they didn't showcase Scottish, Welsh, and Irish cultures..

But it was alright, without the hype.
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by mukina2: 12:49am On Jul 28, 2012
Yeske!:
na wa o grin grin you just wicked sha

anyways Up Beijing!!!! grin grin
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by Youngsage: 12:49am On Jul 28, 2012
pendo89: ahaa.nite
sleep tite. Nitenite
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 28, 2012
Out!! cool
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 28, 2012
chic2pimp:

Semenya! I cannae shout grin grin grin grin
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by kandiikane(m): 12:50am On Jul 28, 2012
shymmex:

He died for what he believed in - and I rate him for that.. cool

The guy got shot by a deranged fan.

That's what made him famous
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by fredoooooo: 12:50am On Jul 28, 2012
chic2pimp:

If you could row backwards, forward, sideways, triangular and rectangular I'm sure Sir Steve woulda accumulated 14 golds like Phelps has done.

You think nah beans to beans 5 Gold in 5 olympics in one of the most physically demanding olympics event?

Abeg Hail the Great One jor tongue cool

IF you said - Anyway i respect him but you guys talk as if hes the best olympian ever
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by chic2pimp(m): 12:51am On Jul 28, 2012
Yeske!:

Abeg go to bed jare.....
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by chic2pimp(m): 12:52am On Jul 28, 2012
kandiikane:

The guy got shot by a deranged fan.

That's what made him famous

LMFAO@ shooting made John Lennon famous....Goodness Gracious Me!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by fredoooooo: 12:52am On Jul 28, 2012
mukina2:
abeg nor dey dash me ya name o

chicken shrimp caster semenya grin the first grin

chic2pimp:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by kandiikane(m): 12:53am On Jul 28, 2012
chic2pimp:

LMFAO@ shooting made John Lennon famous....Goodness Gracious Me!!!! shocked shocked shocked

Lol
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by Patsey: 12:53am On Jul 28, 2012
ONE OF, IF NOT, THE LONGEST POST WITHIN THE SPACE OF APPROXIMATELY 4 HOURS
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by chic2pimp(m): 12:54am On Jul 28, 2012
naijababe:

Semenya! I cannae shout grin grin grin grin

fredoooooo:

Yep that's her Heavenly Ordained Name.... Quote me anywhere cool
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by Youngsage: 12:55am On Jul 28, 2012
$tunna:
NIAJA, YOU SEE, WHEN YOU CAN PULL OFF A STUNT LIKE THIS ...THAT'S ONLY WHEN YOUN CAN ADD THE WORD "GREAT" B4 THE NAME YOU CARRY...
Billions of Pounds in cash but it was not embezzled!! ...all the people in the show gave their time for free, months of preparations and the actual event...so, learn!!
fool dere's nothing like niaja its naija. And who told you we nigerians are not capable of hosting a better opening ceremony than this? Sorry but u deserve life imprisonment for dat comment
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by mukina2: 12:55am On Jul 28, 2012
fredoooooo:

close ya teeth grin

that's his name o grin
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by stunna2(m): 12:55am On Jul 28, 2012
Make I go watch WWE Wrestling now, leave una fight here n kill each other over British affair...hmmm!! Later people
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by fredoooooo: 12:57am On Jul 28, 2012
chic2pimp:

Yep that's her Heavenly Ordained Name.... Quote me anywhere cool

mukina2:
close ya teeth grin

that's his name o grin

who person wan believe now ; naijababe come and judge them o grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by Youngsage: 12:58am On Jul 28, 2012
[quote author=$tunna]Make I go watch WWE Wrestling now, leave una fight here n kill each other over British affair...hmmm!! Later people[/quote
wtf get outta here jorr
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by stunna2(m): 12:58am On Jul 28, 2012
Youngsage:
fool dere's nothing like niaja its naija. And who told you we nigerians are not capable of hosting a better opening ceremony than this? Sorry but u deserve life imprisonment for dat comment

You sound very bitter...! Hehe lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by niggadee(m): 12:58am On Jul 28, 2012
ayox2003:

Omo, na Olympics I come do O. After which na Naija straight. Eke no fit bust tourist na.

Frawzey.
that's cool just fun and don't over stay
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by mukina2: 12:59am On Jul 28, 2012
fredoooooo:

who person wan believe now ; naijababe come and judge them o grin grin grin grin grin grin
Just ask dayokanu grin grin
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by kandiikane(m): 12:59am On Jul 28, 2012
My point is, there are many people who have done what he has done and if he wasn't shot(he won't be as big as he is now). People won't hold lennon over mcCartney.

If una appose to this my statement, una go cham spice.
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by chic2pimp(m): 1:00am On Jul 28, 2012
fredoooooo:

Ask my DOG Bingo.......
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by stunna2(m): 1:00am On Jul 28, 2012
[quote author=Youngsage][/quote]

Not sure why u r so bitter...!? It is what it is, u know
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by Onegai(f): 1:02am On Jul 28, 2012
The theme of the Games is "Inspire the Next Generation". So no, it wasn't about England, Ireland or Scotland, it was about the youth. Hence reading bedtime stories, a child being comforted after the loss of a loved one, the industrial revolution (a movement driven by the youth and the future), and the lighting of the flame done by young athletes nominated by old athletes as a baton-passing. Lots of Pop-culture and british tongue-in-cheek humor. It felt very personal and real, and I cannot remember any comedic parts from any other Olympic openings, do you?

Score: A+ (because it felt human, unlike the fake perfection of the Beijing Olympics, where they changed a child singer because of her looks).
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by fredoooooo: 1:03am On Jul 28, 2012
chic2pimp:

Ask my DOG Bingo.......

na bone bingo they chope , so you be semanya chicken shrimp , grin grin grin grin grin good night grin grin grin grin grin
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by stunna2(m): 1:04am On Jul 28, 2012
[quote author=$tunna]Make I go watch WWE Wrestling now, leave una fight here n kill each other over British affair...hmmm!! Later people[/quote
wtf get outta here jorr

Y the bitterness now??
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by obi123: 1:04am On Jul 28, 2012
Onegai: I liked the ceremony, I got all the references. Well done, Britain.

me too !!!! thumbs up for Danny Boyle
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by Nobody: 1:05am On Jul 28, 2012
I love how London tried to incorporate as many black people as they could in this opening ceremony.

Very beautiful. cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (Reply)

Throwback Photos Of Alexander Arnold, Osimhen And Pulisic At FIFA U-17 World Cup / Helicopter Crash: Leicester City Owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha And 4 Others Die / Kunle Soname Buys Portuguese Football Club "Clube Desportivo Feirense"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.