Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,218 members, 7,953,806 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:00 AM

Emeka Ike Angry At Nollywood - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Emeka Ike Angry At Nollywood (682 Views)

Emeka Ike To Pastor Chris Okotie: You Are An Anti-christ / Rita Dominic's New Look At Nollywood Movie Awards 2013 (pictures) / Omotola & Rita Dominic At 'Nollywood Celebrates Omotola' Event (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Emeka Ike Angry At Nollywood by africagist: 10:58pm On Jul 27, 2012
Nollywood actor, Emeka Ike is at war with the Nigerian film industry, saying it is decayed and has therefore withdrawn movies related to his label from the market.

The renowned actor who shot into the movie limelight in 1984 is reported to have told Encomium weekly magazine on Sunday, July 22 that considering the decay in the industry it will be wise to dissociate himself from it.

For sometime now, the Mechanical Engineer turn actor has been absent from the screen prompting questions as to whether he has quit acting.

Touching on his absence, Emeka Ike said “I have not quit Nollywood in the real sense of the word. What I did was to withdraw all my movies from the market, and I mean all the movies that are related with Emeka Ike…and the reason is not farfetched.”

“I am angry with what is going on in the industry,” he fumed, explaining, “My conscience would not allow me to go on with the decay in the industry. So, I feel that was the best thing to do, to dissociate myself from the problem and stand out! So, henceforth, any Nollywood movie would not involve Emeka Ike.”

The owner of Emeka Ike Production said he wants “to market all my movies on the label of Emeka Ike Production. If you want to deal with me as an actor, you have to work with me under the label. That clearly separates me from Nollywood.”

Emeka Ike has featured in over 160 movies notable among them are: Careless Soul, Strength of a Woman, Passions, For Better for Worse, Not Man Enough and Disguise.

http://entertainment.myjoyonline.com/pages/news/201207/91126.php

(1) (Reply)

Linda Ikeji Failed To Win Future Awards: / Why Do 50cent Want You To Be Fearless / Panic Rocks ‘EME’ Amidst Wizkid’s Rumoured Exit From Label

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.