Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,078 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Land And Car Exchange - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Land And Car Exchange (2297 Views)

Bus And Car Hire Service In Nigeria - 08154432442 , 08169124869, / International Car Shipping And Car Export From Usa Indigo Logistics / Jeeps and Car For Quick Cheap Sale. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Land And Car Exchange by Bobajo(m): 7:42am On Jul 28, 2012
Kindly contact me if you would like to acquire a parcel of land and give me a car. I have several plots of land in Oke Ira, Ajah. The average plot of land in that area as at today is N3.5 Million. I am looking for either the Honda Pilot or the Toyota 4runner from 2006 upwards.

Contact me on 08023324139 or 08034184100 if you would like to make a deal in this regard.

Bobajo
Re: Land And Car Exchange by acidtalk: 8:35am On Jul 28, 2012
Why don't you sell from your many plots and then use the money gotten from the sale to buy a car? Or is that too hard to do.
Lands sell faster than car to a large extent (on prices you have quoted).
Nigerians are not that stu*pid to fall for this sort of scam.
Make real owner of land come show face after you don carry car waka.
Nonsense!!!
Re: Land And Car Exchange by iwakunbaba: 4:50pm On Jul 28, 2012
@ acidtalk, av seen it done by 1 of my clients. He is into real estate n what he does is if u av a type of ride he wants u can exchange it For land n pay d balance over time. all u need to do is ur due diligence on the said property don't 4get land appreciates but cars depreciate. If u nd such transaction I can connect you. Wale 08095836383
Re: Land And Car Exchange by stpat1(m): 8:11pm On Jul 28, 2012
Its Scam jare. If the land is worth over 3m then how much is the car that you cannot sell the land, buy the car and still have enough change? Don't know of any mugu that will fall for this sha
Re: Land And Car Exchange by Bobajo(m): 9:48am On Jul 29, 2012
acidtalk: Why don't you sell from your many plots and then use the money gotten from the sale to buy a car? Or is that too hard to do.
Lands sell faster than car to a large extent (on prices you have quoted).
Nigerians are not that stu*pid to fall for this sort of scam.
Make real owner of land come show face after you don carry car waka.
Nonsense!!!

If you haven't done this type of deal before, you should ask people who have and not spout nonsense. The bolded part really shows you have no clue whatsoever about what you are saying. 'lands sell faster than car'. I have done lots of real estate deals in the last 10 years, same as i have bought several cars, and your statement is the most ridiculous thing anybody can say about land transactions. Please look up my profile and see the article i posted on Due Diligence in Real Estate Transactions. The process of due diligence alone in land transactions will show you that you really have no clue.

Get educated first and don't pull statements from the air.
Re: Land And Car Exchange by Bobajo(m): 10:02am On Jul 29, 2012
stpat1: Its Scam jare. If the land is worth over 3m then how much is the car that you cannot sell the land, buy the car and still have enough change? Don't know of any mugu that will fall for this sha

I have been a legal practitioner for over 9 years Sir. I have never scammed anybody and don't intend to start now. I would gladly sell the land if that comes first - I have a long list of lands that i want to sell actually - direct instructions from the owners including some from a top tier financial institution. If you are interested in looking at the lands available for sale, you can drop your e mail address and i will gladly send you my bulletin.

On a serious note though, you obviously have never seen this type of transaction happen before and i will wager that you have probably not bought land before also. It is a fairly common transaction with real estate practitioners. Asking questions will help you gain better knowledge in this regard.

Enjoy your day.
Re: Land And Car Exchange by Bobajo(m): 10:07am On Jul 29, 2012
iwakunbaba: @ acidtalk, av seen it done by 1 of my clients. He is into real estate n what he does is if u av a type of ride he wants u can exchange it For land n pay d balance over time. all u need to do is ur due diligence on the said property don't 4get land appreciates but cars depreciate. If u nd such transaction I can connect you. Wale 08095836383

Thank you for talking from a position of knowledge and experience. I will buzz you.
Re: Land And Car Exchange by acidtalk: 11:57am On Jul 29, 2012
Bobajo:

If you haven't done this type of deal before, you should ask people who have and not spout nonsense. The bolded part really shows you have no clue whatsoever about what you are saying. 'lands sell faster than car'. I have done lots of real estate deals in the last 10 years, same as i have bought several cars, and your statement is the most ridiculous thing anybody can say about land transactions. Please look up my profile and see the article i posted on Due Diligence in Real Estate Transactions. The process of due diligence alone in land transactions will show you that you really have no clue.

Get educated first and don't pull statements from the air.

Why don't you be the one to stop being a disgusting illiterate here? Why didn't you quote up to the words in bracket? It clearly shows you lack wisdom.

What that meant is that it is easier to sell a land than a car if both cost N3m each. People have woken up to realize they need to invest more in by a land than acquiring a car of that same amount.

Now I need a plot of land in exchange with the knowledge I just gave you. Anoufiah!
Re: Land And Car Exchange by experi: 10:31pm On Jul 29, 2012
Bobajo: Kindly contact me if you would like to acquire a parcel of land and give me a car. I have several plots of land in Oke Ira, Ajah. The average plot of land in that area as at today is N3.5 Million. I am looking for either the Honda Pilot or the Toyota 4runner from 2006 upwards.

Contact me on 08023324139 or 08034184100 if you would like to make a deal in this regard.

Bobajo

NAIRALANDERS... RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!! SCAM IN BLACK AND WHITE!!!
Re: Land And Car Exchange by Bobajo(m): 2:20pm On Jul 30, 2012
If i read you correctly, your point being that it is the pricing of the land that makes it easier to sell than a car of similar price. Jesus wept!!! You obviously are totally ignorant of what buying/owning a land entails, aren't you? Let me educate you a bit:

I want to buy a plot of land that costs N3 Million. I get a lawyer to do the due diligence required so i don't end up in court or at the Police Station fighting the land sellers and/or other innocent purchasers = I pay lawyer N150k in fees. I start the process of converting the title and do the Survey Plan in my name = N300k (current pricing in the Lekki/Ajah axis); I do the Deed of Assignment and get the Native Owners to sign = N150k (varies depending on where the land is. The Ojomu's collect between N500k and N1 Million).

I start taking possession because it is a risk to leave land bare in Lagos State and have to fence = N1.5 million minimum. Native Land Owners ('Omo Onile's) fee for starting construction = minimum of N250k depending on where the land is located.

I start the process of transfer of title at the Lands Registry = currently 15% of assessed land value in Lagos State. The percentage climbs to at least 30% if you factor in taxes, legal fee for perfection and facilitation costs.

Lets do the addition = N3,000,000 + 150,000 + N300,000 + N150,000 + N1,500,000 + N250,000 + N225,000. Total comes to N5,575,000

Lets do the comparative analysis for a car of N3,000,000. I register the car = N35,000. I do the insurance = N150,000. I ... ehrm, ehrm .... okay nothing again. Total cost N3,185,000

Note that i am even only dealing with the cost issue. I don't even want to quantify the man hours and the 'nonsense' interface you will need to do with all kinds of people when buying land and trying to secure it. From the obnoxious 'omo oniles' to the thieving contractors and builders, to all sorts of people who seem to consider it their mission to make your life a misery. Compare this to walking into a car shop. Pay. Drive off. Why do you think people are so wary when it comes to buying land?

I have tried to simplify the above as much as possible so you can gain a bit of understanding. Your assertion as it concerns pricing as it relates to the ease of buying land vis a vis a car totally, irretrievably simplistic. A simplicity borne out of ignorance. I will advise that you don't make assertions on things you know nothing about.

Enjoy your day.

acidtalk:

Why don't you be the one to stop being a disgusting illiterate here? Why didn't you quote up to the words in bracket? It clearly shows you lack wisdom.

What that meant is that it is easier to sell a land than a car if both cost N3m each. People have woken up to realize they need to invest more in by a land than acquiring a car of that same amount.

Now I need a plot of land in exchange with the knowledge I just gave you. Anoufiah!
Re: Land And Car Exchange by Bobajo(m): 2:27pm On Jul 30, 2012
I am a Legal Practitioner my dear Sir. My office is at Road 5 Suite J270, Ikota Shopping Complex, VGC, Lekki, Lagos. You can call me. Pay me a visit. Ask me any question you want to ask. Request any information you feel you need. If you still think this is a scam, you can come back to Nairaland and write whatever catches your fancy.

Until you do some or all of the above, don't tar me or my post with a scam paint.

Enjoy your day

exper_i:

NAIRALANDERS... RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!! SCAM IN BLACK AND WHITE!!!
Re: Land And Car Exchange by Bobajo(m): 4:25pm On Aug 13, 2012
Deal is still available for anybody that's interested.
Re: Land And Car Exchange by manmade(m): 8:11pm On Aug 13, 2012
There is no point in argueing with the guy if u are interestd in the xchange deal it will be difficult for the guy to duped u unless u want 2 be dupe.The 1st tin 2 b done is to get the copies of d docs of the land in questn take same to lands registry to verify the authenticity of docs and the name of the title holder (search) it cost roughly #3k here, lag cant be more than 5k or better still u get a lawyer 2 do dat for u then after verificatn if valid ur lawyer draw an agreement for sales/transfer of title btw both parties once that is done u are good to go meanwhile ur lawyer may help to change the name of the title holder to yours if that is part of his instructions. I can assist u to do any of this for a fee or u engage any lawyer of your choice.
Re: Land And Car Exchange by manmade(m): 8:20pm On Aug 13, 2012
There is no point in argueing with the guy if u are interestd in the xchange deal it will be difficult for the guy to duped u unless u want 2 be dupe.The 1st tin 2 b done is to get the copies of d docs of the land in questn take same to lands registry to verify the authenticity of docs and the name of the title holder (search) it cost roughly #3k here, lag cant be more than 5k or better still u get a lawyer 2 do dat for u then after verificatn if valid ur lawyer draw an agreement for sales/transfer of title or Deed of assignment btw both parties once that is done u are good to go meanwhile ur lawyer may help to change the name of the title holder to yours if that is part of his instructions. I can assist u to do any of this for a fee or u engage any lawyer of your choice.

(1) (Reply)

SOLD! Tokunbo 2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6 / Abuja |2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE- needs new engine @ N1.2M (non-negotiable) / 2003 Toyota Highlander In Excellent Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.