Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (384964 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by karama22(m): 6:00pm On Nov 29, 2015
hi...pls kindly assit me. my peugeot 206 2004 manual is not accelerating, I try to diagnose it..it was displaying torture clutch pedder position failed. ..pls what may likely cause this and AIR POLLUTION FAULT
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by carlcar2012(f): 8:05pm On Nov 29, 2015
My lion is over heating without ac on. I checked the water is OK. What can b d problem. The two fans are working well too
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by karaye: 10:55pm On Nov 29, 2015
Pls IKENNA don't want bother much with questions but I need clarifications,i could remember 4yrs back when I was buying my 406 is you I ask for clarifications and it helps alots.so now am going for 407 auto.my questions are:
1. Which one is the last 407 production year(latest) .
2.as for V6 engine does it consume fuel much like other brand cars?,and what the difference with others?
3.what is the probable price range of belgium 407?.
Thank you sir.

$
Ikenna351:

It seems you have a belief holding you back from going for the power and fun you earlier wanted, for you to have asked the above question.

Well, we have 407 Auto transmission with EW12, EW1OJ4 & EW10A & EW7A. You can go for any of the above since they are 4-cylinder petrol engines.

Ikenna, The Lion King.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by karama22(m): 6:40am On Nov 30, 2015
Ikenna pls help me.... hi...pls kindly assit me. my peugeot 206 2004 manual is not accelerating, I try to diagnose it..it was displaying torture clutch pedder position failed. ..pls what may likely cause this and AIR POLLUTION FAULT
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Chaskodee: 2:28pm On Nov 30, 2015
Get answers to your car repair questions,share ideas and get referrals from other car enthusiasts at www.partboyz.com/forum
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by karaye: 11:07pm On Nov 30, 2015
[quote author=karaye post=40531867]Pls IKENNA don't want bother much with questions but I need clarifications,i could remember 4yrs back when I was buying my 406 is you I ask for clarifications and it helps alots.so now am going for 407 auto.my questions are:
2.as for V6 engine does it consume fuel much like other brand cars?,and what the difference with others?
Thank you sir.
Pls I kindly need your response on these questions
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by lungwun(m): 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hello people, I would like some info on the reliability of a Peugeot 206cc automatic.

Anyone with information should please put me on the right path as I'm planning to purchase it for someone.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:03am On Dec 12, 2015
carlcar2012:
My lion is over heating without ac on. I checked the water is OK. What can b d problem. The two fans are working well too

If your Lion is overheating without AC running, then your radiator cooling fans don't come on with AC off.

It has to be physically diagnosed to detect the cause.

Ikenna, The Lion King.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:09am On Dec 12, 2015
karaye:
Pls IKENNA don't want bother much with questions but I need clarifications,i could remember 4yrs back when I was buying my 406 is you I ask for clarifications and it helps alots.so now am going for 407 auto.my questions are:
Thank you sir.

$

1. Peugeot 407 production stopped in 2010 in Europe.

2. I love all my V6 Lions, including their fuel consumption rates. So I wouldn't know what you consider high or low due consumption.

3. Price depends on series and current state: 1.5m -2.7m

Ikenna, The Lion King.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:12am On Dec 12, 2015
karama22:
Ikenna pls help me....
hi...pls kindly assit me. my peugeot 206 2004
manual is not accelerating, I try to diagnose it..it
was displaying torture clutch pedder position
failed. ..pls what may likely cause this and AIR
POLLUTION FAULT

Find someone to properly diagnose the Lion. The errors you posted don't exist in Peugeot systems.

Ikenna, The Lion King.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:25am On Dec 12, 2015
lungwun:
Hello people, I would like some info on the reliability of a Peugeot 206cc automatic.

Anyone with information should please put me on the right path as I'm planning to purchase it for someone.

Peugeot cars are reliable, durable and friendly. Unless one chooses to perceive them differently. Your perception of something is your goal and desire (which could be negative or positive). How long it takes your goal to manifest is how strong your faith unto that is.

Reliability is a belief system.

Ikenna, The Lion King.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Witi(m): 1:33pm On Dec 30, 2015
Pls help check this VIN: VF38BLFYE80982235, Thanks.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by mozkunzult: 8:07pm On Dec 30, 2015
Good evening everyone, I need serious help. I bought I Peugeot 406. 1996 model directly shipped from harmburg . Started useing the car from october and two weeks ago timing belt jumped as I was travelling from ph to asaba. My mechanic came from ph, checked it and xonfirmed it was the belt that snapped he tried working it at the place I parked it and for one week after buying the valves and everything the car refused to start. After trying severally we towed it to his workshop in ph and for another 2weeks its still the same thing. I really dont know wat to do now I need help plss the worse is that the mechanic now seem to be confused.

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by amazingst(f): 7:31am On Jan 05, 2016
Hi Ikenna, kindly let me know the ff:1. where i can buy a very good euro-used peugeot 407 in abj. 2. best type to buy. 3. price range. thank you.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by rozey247(m): 10:26am On Jan 05, 2016
IKENNA THE LION KING!! I HAIL YOU FOR THE JOB WELL DONE HERE IN THESE FORUM.
I want to join the league of the lion owners. I intend to start with 406. The small one 1999 model above and i heard its a strong and reliable car among peugeot product but MY MAJOR PROBLEM NOW IS MAKING A DECISION ON THE CHOICE BETWEEN AUTOMATIC AND MANUAL GEAR??! I personally prefer automatic gear becouse of the luxury in driving and so on but my FEAR is people always condemn the automatic as being too problematic and prone to gear box wahala and so on. I want to know how true is these assertion and PLEASE what is your advise as to which i should go for. Also how much do you think i should budget to get a super clean one at cotonou going by the current exchange rate??. Attached are supported pix of the model type. THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU IN ABUNDANCE. AMEN

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:30pm On Jan 05, 2016
I, today, 01/07/2020, intentionally edited and deleted some free vital information I provided in the original post (05/11/2019), which I shared here to benefit those who can't afford my private consultancy services, but have now been removed since the free information is not valued and appreciated.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:42pm On Jan 05, 2016
I, today, 01/07/2020, intentionally edited and deleted some free vital information I provided in the original post (05/11/2019), which I shared here to benefit those who can't afford my private consultancy services, but have now been removed since the free information is not valued and appreciated.

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:49pm On Jan 05, 2016

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by rozey247(m): 10:20pm On Jan 05, 2016
Ikenna351:

Wherever you got the bolded above, discard it. Such thing doesn't exist in Peugeot brand. All Lions are as good as the other. You were misinformed.

The image of 406 model you posted is not 1999 model. Rather, its D8 model of 406 produced from 1995 - 1998.

As for your questions concerning your fear on the transmission type, if you give fear permission, it becomes your reality. However, good life is all about least resistance and highest excitement. In simple words, Good Life is the joyous feelings that goes on inside you, depending on Least resistance and highest joy, out of options available to you at any given moment. I can't make these choices for you, because they are your responsibility.

Ikenna, The Lion King.
owk thanx and god bless sir.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by mozkunzult: 6:39am On Jan 06, 2016
[quote author=Ikenna351 post=41692137]

I wouldn't know if the lion has come back to life or not. If not, do this:

Get a PP2000 that has Lions OBD 1 adapter and scan the Engine ECU, since its 1996 production. If ECU reports reference cylinder 1 sensor faulty or Camshaft position sensor issue, get someone else to remove and retread the timing belt and get the 2 camshafts and crankshaft to synchronize as designed. Focusing on camshafts while treading on timing belt in Lions will not get the job done, but focusing more on the tensioner. If tensioner is not properly set, camshaft will go out of position when crankshaft rotates.

Ikenna, The Lion King.
Thanks bro, the lion is still lying down and cant roar. The explanations you have given are quite technical and I really dont get it. Do u know of any peoguot mechanic around ph that could be of help cos I want to stop the mechanic from his consistent loosening and coupling without results. Thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by rozey247(m): 3:08pm On Jan 06, 2016
Ikenna351:

Wherever you got the bolded above, discard it. Such thing doesn't exist in Peugeot brand. All Lions are as good as the other. You were misinformed.

The image of 406 model you posted is not 1999 model. Rather, its D8 model of 406 produced from 1995 - 1998.

As for your questions concerning your fear on the transmission type, if you give fear permission, it becomes your reality. However, good life is all about least resistance and highest excitement. In simple words, Good Life is the joyous feelings that goes on inside you, depending on Least resistance and highest joy, out of options available to you at any given moment. I can't make these choices for you, because they are your responsibility.

Ikenna, The Lion King.
thanx man! I appreciate
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by amazingst(f): 8:02pm On Jan 06, 2016
Thank you for the info Ikenna, will definitely do that.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by ovuakporie: 3:48pm On Jan 07, 2016
Plz, I need used 406 Automatic @300k. whatsapp 07068840872 if u ve any. Thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by rozey247(m): 10:58am On Jan 08, 2016
Ikenna351:

Ikenna, The Lion King.
thanx a lot
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:54pm On Jan 08, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by vigon: 9:32pm On Jan 10, 2016
Hello Ikenna,

I just got a 406 (2003 model I think) with an ew10 engine a few days ago in relatively clean condition for a good price, but the radio does not come on. I have checked the fuse (under steering) and it seems to be in place.

Also the AC was not working until I got some gas into it after which it started working, but sometimes the compressor keeps disengaging and re-engaging (after like 10 seconds) continuously when car is in idle.

I am in Abuja, and don't know a good mechanic and not yet knowledgeable enough to handle stuff myself. I am scared of getting the car messed up. What do you think I should do.

NB: I don't mind driving to your location in case you are in Abuja sometime soon.

Thanks in advance.

Vigon.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:24pm On Jan 17, 2016
Conversation With Lion King (Episode 1).

Best Peugeot and Inspirational conversation series, ever. cheesy

http://thelioncommunity..com.ng/2016/01/conversation-with-lion-king-episode-1.html?m=1

Ikenna, Lion King.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:08am On Jan 28, 2016
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by lovetterrison(m): 11:11am On Jan 28, 2016
Oga ikenna please my Lion 206 all brake light are permanently on the moment i turn ignition on and even while driving,cant locate the brake switch to adjust it,what could have been the problem ,thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:27pm On Feb 07, 2016
lovetterrison:
Oga ikenna please my Lion 206 all brake light are permanently on the moment i turn ignition on and even while driving,cant locate the brake switch to adjust it,what could have been the problem ,thanks

A picture showing the lights you were describe will help me. Can you snap, attach and post?

Ikenna, Lion King
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:28pm On Feb 07, 2016

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:30pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ikenna, Lion King

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.