Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (385015 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:29pm On Jul 31, 2012
karaye: @ IKENNA I WOULD LIKE TO BUY PEUGEOT RIGHT HAND TO CONVERT IT TO LEFT HAND SIDE,PLS I NEED YOUR ADVICE AS I HAVE TALKED EVERYTHING WITH THE SELLER AND WHERE TO DO IT VERY PERFECT,IS IT TRUE IF YOU ARE ON HIGH SPEED IT WILL BE SHAKING.THANK ASAPS

I no dey for that one o! Anything conversion, count me out. Talking from experience.

But the truth remains. Peugeot provides room for conversion in every of their products, especially auto to manual transmission conversion. You will find holes on auto tranny peugeots where all manual tranny components can be installed without cutting open or welding anything. The same is applicable to RHD to LHD, especially 406, i think. But how good the conversion job is done is another matter entirely. If you are saying the conversion will be done before it enters Nigeria, it will make sence to me. But doing the work here? You are on your own! You had better look for a standard LHD 406, for peace of mind.

Ikenna.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:50pm On Jul 31, 2012

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:13pm On Jul 31, 2012
BusHouse: Thanks Ikenna for opening a tread for lion user's. Thumbs up to u. I own a brand new 307 (not the lift back type, 2010 model). The issue am having with this ride is identifying the correct oil filter. I noticed that anytime i use a certain oil filter (am told its for 307 lift back & also compatable with my model) for service, the dash board will indicate "STOP Oil pressure low" two days after service. Is it that the oil filter is fake? The second issue is the AC which cut off after every 15 minutes for say 3 minutes. Pls is this normal? thanks.

You will need to find out your engine family or model number. The model of your 307 might have different engine with the hatch back the saloon succeeded, irrespectine of engine cubic capacity, fuel type and number of cylinders. When you have the engine number, use the number to find out the oil filter part number for your engine. It could be that you are using the wrong oil filter for that engine, am not sure. The engine model number and the oil filter part number of the car should be in the owners manual, which i believe you would have, since you bought it new. Its peugeot tradition to include such numbers in their owners manual.

For your A/C issue, I would check the cooling system sensors. A/Cs in Peugeot usually work with the cooling system, probably the CTS. They do have a safety switch that switches of the A/C when it senses that the temp of the engine is going beyond normal operating temp of the engine. The issue could also be the A/C thermostat or the Climate Control system ECU. You will need to scan the car to know what is the culprit, since more than one component, if failed, could give such symptom.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by MOBBDEEP: 11:19pm On Jul 31, 2012
alaoeri: Op nice thread, last time i enter any Peugeot car was last year doing some stuff all around along the line find myself in oyo town & had to travel to osogbo on getting to park the only car available was this old school *station wagon* no absorber, no wiper, seat self na die that kind car sha anyway had nö choice i have to travel. On our way i was so curious have to ask the driver how long the car have being existing & he said wayback 1974, that means 37years was really amazed oh, doubt it if any new generation car can last up to that.

Hehesmiley, that car is classical what Yoruba people will call ' Ori olori,ese elese, apa alapa'
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by bigboy3: 11:38pm On Jul 31, 2012
Nice one ikenna. I drive a 2004 v6 607. The cd and screen isn't working but the radio works fine. I read something online that it's usually the communication ECU that causes that but I need a Peugeot expert to check it out...it's boring to drive without listening to proper music.

What do you think ikena?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:51pm On Jul 31, 2012
bigboy3: Nice one ikenna. I drive a 2004 v6 607. The cd and screen isn't working but the radio works fine. I read something online that it's usually the communication ECU that causes that but I need a Peugeot expert to check it out...it's boring to drive without listening to proper music.

What do you think ikena?

No idea of how to fix such issue. Sorry, i couldnt be of help to you. But someone else here might have the answer to the problem. Keep your fingers crossed.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Martini101(m): 12:17am On Aug 01, 2012
I learnt how to drive with my Godfather's 505! He has sold it cos he relocated out of d country but oh boy, one thing i know is dat i must buy dat type of car, even in d next 10years! A very rugged car indeed. Ikenna. Eze Peugeot!

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by thomasjohn: 12:22am On Aug 01, 2012
bigboy3: Nice one ikenna. I drive a 2004 v6 607. The cd and screen isn't working but the radio works fine. I read something online that it's usually the communication ECU that causes that but I need a Peugeot expert to check it out...it's boring to drive without listening to proper music.

What do you think ikena?

i'll advice you buy an FM modulator for the mean time
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by anitank(f): 12:26am On Aug 01, 2012
My man was crazy about prestige 406. So crazy I had no choice than to like the car too. Too bad he didn't achieve that dream cos it died with him cry. It may not be soon, but am definitely goin to buy dat car eventually, for his sake. RIP my apple pie.

9 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by aryzgreat: 7:24am On Aug 01, 2012
anitank: My man was crazy about prestige 406. So crazy I had no choice than to like the car too. Too bad he didn't achieve that dream cos it died with him cry. It may not be soon, but am definitely goin to buy dat car eventually, for his sake. RIP my apple pie.

May soul RIP

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by emsquare(m): 8:27am On Aug 01, 2012
binger: I dont think there will ever again be a peugeot car as good and popular as 505 and 504. Dispute it

Rugged! I tell You...
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:34am On Aug 01, 2012
VolvoS60:

I see the Masai Mara/Serengeti pride is back in town. grin I know I am among friends here. grin

A close relation is considering buying a late 2000s model 407 station wagon/estate. What are the pros and cons of this choice? I don't want mechanics to leech off her so I need to make a strong case for trouble-free ownership after she buys the car.

Any ideas? How important will constant software updates be in the scheme of things? I don't know of any good lion mechanics who can interprete fault codes - hell I don't even know what the Peugeot software is! Lexia?

I really don't know much about 407. But I do know that most people that sold off their 406 to acquire 407 regretted doing so. They preferred the ruggedness and handling of the 406 to their newly acquired 407. Some as well prefered 407 to their previous 406s. Both are good, depending on the test of the buyer or user. Do know that 406 was the last Peugeot product desined by Pininfarina. An Italian company that designed 504 and 505. Ferraris were also designed by the Pininfarina. Ever wondered why 504, 505 & 406 are damn good road handlers!

Not withstanding, its should be as good as other Lions as well. Go through the link below. You will find all you need about the pros and cons of 407.

http://www.carsurvey.org/reviews/peugeot/407/

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 01, 2012
My 206 central lock is faulty and as a result i cannot open the boot. I bought a new board located under the steering wheel that contains a host of electrical components including the central lock. The central lock worked when i instaled the new board but the car wouldn't start.

I'm told i need to recode the new box with the original code of the car. I haven't been able to find any mech who can do this.
The elect guy i took the car to kept fumbling with his laptop while trying to recode the new board but couldn't succeed, telling me his scanner can't detect my car info. This car was bought as brand new. Now i'm still using it without the central lock working.

Pls any help?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by bigx(m): 10:38am On Aug 01, 2012
Aqva: My 206 central lock is faulty and as a result i cannot open the boot. I bought a new board located under the steering wheel that contains a host of electrical components including the central lock. The central lock worked when i instaled the new board but the car wouldn't start.

I'm told i need to recode the new box with the original code of the car. I haven't been able to find any mech who can do this.
The elect guy i took the car to kept fumbling with his laptop while trying to recode the new board but couldn't succeed, telling me his scanner can't detect my car info. This car was bought as brand new. Now i'm still using it without the central lock working.

Pls any help?

Can you remember the type of scanner he used?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 01, 2012
^^^
It had a peugeot and citreon logo on it.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by skyls: 10:54am On Aug 01, 2012
The A/C of ♍Ɣ 406 stopped working and ℓ̊ was told the A/C clutch is burnt. Please ♓☺ω much will it cost to fix.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by nateevs(m): 11:00am On Aug 01, 2012
So I am a sucker for a Peugeot 607. I live in the UK but I intend to have a 607 in Nigeria soon. Is there anything pitfall I should be mindful of with using a 607 in the country?

Thanks guys.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by bigx(m): 11:30am On Aug 01, 2012
Aqva: ^^^
It had a peugeot and citreon logo on it.

He probably has no idea how to use it, most of them don't.

If you are in Port Harcourt you can use mine free, visit peugeotforums.com and search for your issue too, someone might have had it before too.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by boazic: 11:40am On Aug 01, 2012
dear ikenna, i do not in fact know why people think 505 is outdated... but i still fancy it as a young man. pls where and what is the best price of getting one. tanx. u can pls send pix to bnc2u@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by BeraBera(f): 11:56am On Aug 01, 2012
I admire the Prestigious 406 & the 206 good for chicks

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:28pm On Aug 01, 2012
boazic: dear ikenna, i do not in fact know why people think 505 is outdated... but i still fancy it as a young man. pls where and what is the best price of getting one. tanx. u can pls send pix to bnc2u@yahoo.co.uk

Outdated? You must be kidding me!

Now, mine has the following specs: Phase 2 (facelifted), Euro specs., 2.8 even-fire PRV V6 engine, RWD (Rear Wheel Drive), Power assisted steering, Climate control system(best ventilation system ever), Power windows, 4-wheel disk brake, 15" inches alloy wheels, ABS (though disconnected), 5 speed manual transmission,etc. And more importantly, an aggressive looking animal!

If you can get one that is as in MINT condition as mine, you will love it instantly. But i doubt if you can find one in the country that still look new, yet to be abused by Nigerian clowns that call themselves mechanics & rewires. A foreign assembled 505 is completely different from Nigerian assembled one, in all ramifications.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:43pm On Aug 01, 2012
youngchopper: mine uses fuel n its up 4 sale. Engine overheat.

Please, this thread is not for advert or for you to post sales here. Am going to report your post to be deleted or moved from this section.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by asaig: 12:44pm On Aug 01, 2012
Please what could be the problem when a 406 gives u the ENGINE IMMOBILISER FAULT & ABS FAULT pls.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ogbajie(m): 3:40pm On Aug 01, 2012
hey guys, this topic is just so cool. am in love with 406 because after i purchased my 406 2.0 engine, i can say that the performance is way better than my previous cars. I have been driving mine for about two years now but suddenly, I observed that the fuel consumption got very high. I contacted my local mechanics and i was advised to change a particular pot on my exhaust AKA 'indomie'. I changed this for about 30k at Apo in Abuja but it seems like it didn't really get the fuel consumption back to its original state. Please guys what can I do to solve this problem? i drive a lot and i will do anything to cut /normalize fuel consumption. If i cannot get solution to it, am considering selling it to get another 406 ASAP. Also my mechanics said i have to change my timing belt cos i haven't changed it since i got the car and it should be done after about six months...pls what do u think and does this affect speed performance of the car.. my car a times doesn't pick the way it should. thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by nateevs(m): 3:50pm On Aug 01, 2012
Anyone who can help a poor guy regarding my earlier question?
grin

nateevs: So I am a sucker for a Peugeot 607. I live in the UK but I intend to have a 607 in Nigeria soon. Is there anything pitfall I should be mindful of with using a 607 in the country?

Thanks guys.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 5:09pm On Aug 01, 2012
Ogbajie: hey guys, this topic is just so cool. am in love with 406 because after i purchased my 406 2.0 engine, i can say that the performance is way better than my previous cars. I have been driving mine for about two years now but suddenly, I observed that the fuel consumption got very high. I contacted my local mechanics and i was advised to change a particular pot on my exhaust AKA 'indomie'. I changed this for about 30k at Apo in Abuja but it seems like it didn't really get the fuel consumption back to its original state. Please guys what can I do to solve this problem? i drive a lot and i will do anything to cut /normalize fuel consumption. If i cannot get solution to it, am considering selling it to get another 406 ASAP. Also my mechanics said i have to change my timing belt cos i haven't changed it since i got the car and it should be done after about six months...pls what do u think and does this affect speed performance of the car.. my car a times doesn't pick the way it should. thanks a lot

What the clowns call indomie is Catalytic Converter. Did the mechanic scan the car to know what the cause of rich running was before suggesting the replacement of the Cat Converter? What made him think only failed Cat converter would cause rich mixture? Not surprised though.

A lot of engine sensors or components would give rich mixture symptom when faulty. Cat converter is just one of them. Go and scan that car!

As for the timing belt and 6 months replacement thing. The clown was right, you ought to have replaced it immediately you bought the car, unless you know the car history or the last replacement date is pasted on the belt cover or somewhere in the engine bay. Average mileage of timing belt of most cars are 60 - 80,000 miles or km. It should take 5 - 8 years to cover such mileage. Since you are in Abuja, buy the timing belt kit (timing belt, tensioners and water pump) at any of the Peugeot Dealership in town. One is at Garki II. Another is at Area 7 or 8 (not sure of the number), but its very close to UTC. They sell genuine Peugeot parts there in retails. You can even do the replacement there, if you can afford it, but its wise and safer, so that nothing will go wrong. For the clown to suggest you replace only the timing belt without the tensioners and water pump is unbelievable. Stop opening your bonnet for them for every issue with the car. You can take the car to him for brake pad replacement, but not for things as delicate as timing belt and injection issues. What if Cat converter you replaced was still good and you now put a faulty one? How could he have tell a good cat converter, unless its a brand new one. I wont advice you to buy the timing belt anyhow, especially at that APO. I doubt their qualities, unless you plan to be replacing it every 6 months, as the clown suggested. Take note: 406 engines are interference engines. If the timing belt cut on you, while the engine is running, then you will have a lot to deal with, other than the belt.

Ikenna.

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 5:57pm On Aug 01, 2012
asaig: Please what could be the problem when a 406 gives u the ENGINE IMMOBILISER FAULT & ABS FAULT pls.

BSI wahala! (Body System Interface). I believe your 406 is the phase 2, since phase 1 didnt have the BSI. A lot of things could trigger on that fault lit on the instrument cluster. Becareful the way you slam the car doors, it could trigger it on and the car wont start. Always make sure you shut the door before switching on the ignition. Becareful the way you play with fuses. Remove any of the battery terminal heads before pulling out any fuse. Any spark could send surge to the BSI and toast it. Dont play with the two battery terminal heads, sparks from there will give you the same symptom. Dont ever let water touch the component. Its not water-proofed.

There are two (double) blown relays, on the driver's side wing, which if any fails, you will get such symptom. The Engine ECU and fuel pumps get feed from those relays. If you can find them, replace both. It could solve the issue.

BSI and engine ECU are inter-woven.i.e, they talk to each other. If ECU stops to receive complete proper signal from the BSI, the ECU will shut the engine down. It will never start again, until rectified. If I were you, I would pull out the wiring connector/socket on the engine ECU, clean the socket thoroughly (with toothbrush or any soft brush), maybe with Methylated spirit, allow it to dry, clean the pins on the ECU with dry brush softly and plug back the wiring connector. It should clean off all corrosion that prevent ECU getting full signal from various engine sensors and the BSI. That could solve the issue.

It will be wise to scan the car, but that depends. If the issue is intermittent, you maynot pull any code(s).That means you will have to manually troubleshoot. In cases like this, experience is better than technology. This OBD II thing has been producing non-technical know-how mechanics and rewires worldwide. The newly produced mechanics and rewires now depends on scanner and where the scanner fails to solve the problem for them, they will be lost.

I will advice every Peugeot owner to aquire and have OBD II scanner or the Peugeot/Citroen scan tool. You can contact bigx who sales the Peugeot/citreon scanner, specifically manufactured for PSA products. Its better for you to pull the codes yourself, get the meaning of the code, before you take it to any clown. If you know the component that is faulty, you will simply instruct the clown what to remove and put back and shouldnt go beyond there, to save yourself unnecessary nightmares. If you are planning to purchase a car, include the amount of scanner in the savings or what you need to have upto to get the car. Its not that expensive, considering it will enable you to protect your car from early grave. Because no matter how you want the car to be MINT, something must go wrong someday. Its man-made. Goodluck!

Ikenna.

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by bigboy3: 9:29am On Aug 02, 2012
Please where can I get original brake pads for my 607 and what's the price range?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by BusHouse(m): 5:35pm On Aug 02, 2012
aare07: am dreaming of buying 607 , as a student of feferal university located at the northern part of the country, what work can i do to get money to buy it. I want to buy before i finished.
Please keep on dreaming, when you are done look for a gun and rob a bank to enable you have money to buy a 607. If you have nothing to contribute just waka pass. *mtcheew*
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by VolvoS60(m): 8:46am On Aug 03, 2012
Ikenna351:

I really don't know much about 407. But I do know that most people that sold off their 406 to acquire 407 regretted doing so. They preferred the ruggedness and handling of the 406 to their newly acquired 407. Some as well prefered 407 to their previous 406s. But are good, depending on the test of the buyer or user. Do know that 406 was the last Peugeot product desined by Pininfarina. An Italian company that designed 504 and 505. Ferraris were also designed by the Pininfarina. Ever wondered why 504, 505 & 406 are damn good road handlers!

Not withstanding, its should be as good as other Lions as well. Go through the link below. You will find all you need about the pros and cons of 407.

http://www.carsurvey.org/reviews/peugeot/407/

Ikenna.

^^^Thanks, ikenna. I'm already familiar with carsurvey - i just wanted to get detailed real world experiences of users here in Nigeria outside Abuja and the big urban centres. I am seriously considering enrolling for a technician's course so that I can troubleshoot any potential problems if i were to decide to get a lion/camel for myself. Kudos to you - I think you once said in a prior thread that you were a self-taught mechanic. That's the way to go - car ownership becomes a joy when a user/owner can take care of most of the everyday faults (or at least can hold his own against the sharks who call themselves mechanics cheesy)

P.S. I had no idea that Nigerian mechanics call catcons "indomie". . . grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.