Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,401 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (384990 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:20am On Nov 02, 2012
bigx:

Visit http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ddb/ for your peugeot manuals. Select English, Select Car Model and select the Car Year. Hope that helps

bigx

Thanks for directing us to this site. Everyone can now have his/her Peugeot car owners manual. No more guess work.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:26am On Nov 02, 2012
Another Car Day in US, on 20/10/2012. More like a French Car Day.

http://imageevent.com/dkstef/2012pamsfallmeetatjimschlicks?rotp=8781&

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:09pm On Nov 02, 2012
bigx:

Visit http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ddb/ for your peugeot manuals. Select English, Select Car Model and select the Car Year. Hope that helps

Any idea where one can get their Workshop and Electrical manuals as well?

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:28am On Nov 06, 2012
French & Italian Car Day, in Los Angeles, California, USA. It took place yesterday, 05/11/2012.

http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2429-french-italian-car-show-los-angeles-2012/#entry17814

Enjoy.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:48pm On Nov 07, 2012
Recently, I noticed that my Lion, 505 V6, was rough idling a little bit, but would rev smoothly. It was also vibrating or shaking the whole car a little bit. So yesterday, i started the car the rough idling became worse, even when accelerated. An ignition issue. It was obvious then that either the spark plug lead(s) has failed or spark plugs have all gone. But since the rough idling gradually started and wasn't sudden, i ruled out the spark leads. I remembered vividly that i replaced the 6 spark plugs early last year with Bosch H7DC, at N250 each. They were probably fake, for not have lasted that long.

So, this morning, i decided to buy the spark plugs but another brand instead. I went for NGK. I found 3 qualities of NGK spark plugs in the market: one is N200, another is N250, while the last one is N400 (which they claimed was the best of them). So i bought the one of N400. For the 6 of them, i paid N2,400. The part number is NGK BK6E.

I came back from work this night, opened the hood, with my touchlight, work started. I replaced all the old Bosch ones with the NGK new ones. The look of the old ones were enough to tell me they were dead.

I concluded the work withing 15 mins, jump onto the driver's seat, turned the ignition switch, before the second crank, the engine was already smoothly running. This was a car that would take several cranks to start when the engine was cold. Yet the car wasnt driven today, but it started on the first crank. Miracle of the good new spark plugs!

As soon as the car started, the rpm jumped to above 1k rpm and later came down and remianed at 1k rpm at idle. Meaning the engine was tuned high all those while the Bosch spark plugs were in, even when newly put in. The ZN3J, the PRV engine in 505 V6, factory rpm at idle is 750. The car injection/ignition system (Bosch LH2.2 Jetronic) is so good that the rpm will constantly remian at 750 rpm at idle, no matter the load on the engine, whether the A/C is on or not. I recalled that i once adjusted the Idle Air Adjuster knob, to pass more air at idle, when the spark plugs were gradually failing and the idling was droping below 750 rpm. But now, it has been sorted out. My advice,make sure you use a good spark plugs no matter the price. Even though none of them in Nigeria market is genuine or so called "original", but always look for and use the better fake.

Meanwhile, i have purchased the brand new A/C compressor last Saturday, with the brand name SANDEN, model: SD-508 (will attach picure later). I bought it 25k. Am yet to mount it though. Will do that this weekend. But i tested the new compressor manually with hand, and the thing was damn pumping so good. With this compressor, the car A/C could form ice at idle.

Am expecting the universal cone filter to arrive anytime this week. I would imagine what type of Animal the car would turn into with the extra power the filter will add to the factory power, including the increased fuel economy the filter will give the car too. I can't wait to install it as soon as it arrives.

Ikenna.

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:23am On Nov 08, 2012
Attached is the picture of the new A/C compressor.

Ikenna

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by omamokta: 11:57am On Nov 12, 2012
Hi,my ride is a 406 (PRESTIGE), EW10 Engine, it has not given me any problem whatsever since i bought it. Inshort, with a three quater tank it takes me to the eastern part of the country from Abuja. Of late, i was moving when i heard a beep, it showed a warning on the dash board "ANTI POLLUTION FAULT, which disappeared till about last week when i wanted to travel, it started showing regularly, i went to my mechanic, he serviced the injector, changed the plugs, change oil and filter, timing belt and so on. It stopped for that day, as i was travelling, the check engine sign kept appearing and disappearing, inshort i bought two full tanks of fuel before getting to the east, when i came back to abuja, i went to my mechanic and we went to pit cos am suspecting the exhaust pipe might be leaking, we noticed one of the pots is leaking, which the panel beater fixed but to my suprise, the ANTI POLLUTION FAULT comes on every time my car is started and my fuel is going down fast. Two days ago, i went to a peugeot dealer, after diagonizing the car, they listed alot things to be changed, these are things i ve changed about a week before. From my observation, they are not competent cos i dont see what concerns gear box mounting with ANTI POLLUTION FAULT. Please nairalanders where do i take this my ride to in abuja and the problem will be solved asap. thanks.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by omamokta: 12:02pm On Nov 12, 2012
@ Ikenna, thanks very much for your advice. I ve gone through other peoples contribution but it seems mine is different cos i ve changed the air filter element even before coming to Nairaland to complain. The Anti-Pollution-Fault still appears and the fuel consumption is very high. Is there any good workshop in Abuja you can direct me to please.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by bigx(m): 12:16pm On Nov 12, 2012
omamokta: @ Ikenna, thanks very much for your advice. I ve gone through other peoples contribution but it seems mine is different cos i ve changed the air filter element even before coming to Nairaland to complain. The Anti-Pollution-Fault still appears and the fuel consumption is very high. Is there any good workshop in Abuja you can direct me to please.

Check peugeotforums.com for the fault. Its a common peugeot fault.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 1:26pm On Nov 12, 2012
omamokta: Hi,my ride is a 406 (PRESTIGE), EW10 Engine, it has not given me any problem whatsever since i bought it. Inshort, with a three quater tank it takes me to the eastern part of the country from Abuja. Of late, i was moving when i heard a beep, it showed a warning on the dash board "ANTI POLLUTION FAULT, which disappeared till about last week when i wanted to travel, it started showing regularly, i went to my mechanic, he serviced the injector, changed the plugs, change oil and filter, timing belt and so on. It stopped for that day, as i was travelling, the check engine sign kept appearing and disappearing, inshort i bought two full tanks of fuel before getting to the east, when i came back to abuja, i went to my mechanic and we went to pit cos am suspecting the exhaust pipe might be leaking, we noticed one of the pots is leaking, which the panel beater fixed but to my suprise, the ANTI POLLUTION FAULT comes on every time my car is started and my fuel is going down fast. Two days ago, i went to a peugeot dealer, after diagonizing the car, they listed alot things to be changed, these are things i ve changed about a week before. From my observation, they are not competent cos i dont see what concerns gear box mounting with ANTI POLLUTION FAULT. Please nairalanders where do i take this my ride to in abuja and the problem will be solved asap. thanks.

ANTI-POLLUTION FAULT Lit on your D9 Dashboard screen means that your car is running very rich. If left unchecked for a longtime, could damage the catalytic converter. Any failed sensor or injection component could give that warning.

You can reset it by turning the ignition on, but not starting the engine, for 10 seconds or more. Or you can disconnect the battery for 30 mins to reset it. Sometimes, it does clear the fault for a while and would come back later, depending on how lucky you are,i.e if there is no actual failed sensor that triggered it on.

But if really a failed component triggered it on, the usual culprit is Oxygen sensor. That is the sensor i would first check or test, if i was manually troubleshooting a car myself. But in your case, scanning will be a better option for you.

A bad fuel will lit the Anti-Pollution-Fault. A failed spark plug, spark lead, coil pack, CTS, FPR, EGR valve, MAP, IAT,Catalytic converter,etc, will also give that warning. Even an abuse or wrong connection on the engine harness will do the same.

Since you said the warning came back after they worked on your exhaust, its likely they messed with the o2 sensor or catalytic converter. Your o2 sensor is mounted on the Catalytic converter. If i were you, those two would be the first to check. In fact, you better check if your catalytic converter is still there? Hope the panel beater didn't steal or remove it while working on the exhaust? Even if he didn't remove it, are you sure he didn't disconnect the o2 sensor while working and left it unconnected after?

I stay in Abuja too. I would have liked to checked those components for you myself, but work has been time consuming lately.

You also need to visit the forum (and register as well) bigx suggested. You will learn a lot there about your issues and other things as well.

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by omamokta: 1:11pm On Nov 13, 2012
@ Ikenna, thanks brother, i wouldnt mind waiting for you to get less busy. Just like you said, i was discussing with a mechanic on saturday, he mentioned the O2 sensor. He said his customer's car had a similar problem and he fixed it by changing the O2 Sensor but the problem is, he is busy as well. It seems people that know how to fix this do not have time. I love this ride and do anything to fix it. It has served me and am still much in love with it.

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 1:53pm On Nov 13, 2012
omamokta: @ Ikenna, thanks brother, i wouldnt mind waiting for you to get less busy. Just like you said, i was discussing with a mechanic on saturday, he mentioned the O2 sensor. He said his customer's car had a similar problem and he fixed it by changing the O2 Sensor but the problem is, he is busy as well. It seems people that know how to fix this do not have time. I love this ride and do anything to fix it. It has served me and am still much in love with it.

Thats Peugeot for you.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 1:58pm On Nov 13, 2012
My Universal Cone Air filter arrived this morning.

I can't wait to install it when i get home tonight! cool

Attached is the pic.

Ikenna.

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 5:42pm On Nov 13, 2012
I met a lovely Lady Lion owner today (charming is an understatement). What really impressed me was that she knew some of the technical terms used and would complete them for me while trying to say them. A quality most ladies lack, including some men. Meaning she pays attention to her car. Thumbs up! cool

Anyway, the issue with her Lion is 2nd degree "Excessive Fueling". Pronounced black smoke even at idle. Unfortunately, I didn't drive to work today (Fuel Scarcity in Abuja is something else). So I had no tools to check some components that would cause such issue. I had only the DMM. Lucky her, there was no visible vacuum line on the engine. Meaning, less or no headache on vacuum leak menace.

As i tried to test the o2 sensor harness with the DMM, i found something weird. The o2 is the universal 4-wire o2 sensor. Meaning, two wires are for the sensor heater, the other two for the signal and ground wire. I found it weird because the four wires were reading 12+. The value of the signal wire, generally, should give 0.70-64 mv (Millivolts) when connected to the sensor, but would read higher (like 1 volts) when disconnected from the sensor. One of the 2 wires for the sensor heater is supposed to read 12+, only when the ignition is switched on. But it was constantly reading 12+ even when the ignition is off. Weird, isn't it? Unless someone is telling me thats how the harness of the o2 in that car were factory connected to work that way, which i will still find weird. Why? Because thats the same o2 sensor in my car as well. So I know perfectly how that sensor should be connected. In this case, the sensor harness is needed to be sorted out first, before even checking to know if the sensor is still ok or not. To do that, i will need to check the continuity of the signal wire from the ECU wiring connector. But where do i have the time? Sad face! And most importantly, I will need the car electrical manual to know which of the relays that feeds the o2 heater 12+. From that end, i would know what went wrong. Also will need to check how good are the sensor 2 grounds from their sources. These could take days to sort out, due to work. But the fastest means of knowing what is wrong is simply by scanning the car. Unfortuntaly, i have a scanner that doesn't work, not even once. Again, sad face! If my scanner was working, all her nightmares would have been dealt with within 5 mins of plugging it in.

I felt so sad and bad that i couldn't give her the help she needed. Reason for bringing this up here is for Peugeot owners to be carefull who you open your bonnet for or who you give your car to fix for you, especially when it has to do with electrics. I don't know why those o2 sensor wires were giving wrong values. It could be wrong connections, it could be not, but i do know that something is wrong with the harness or the o2, because even when i disconnected the sensor while the engine was idling, there was no change, even though the engine temperature was almost at it optimal temperature. She has no option than to take it elsewhere for scanning. Well, the issues may not only be the o2 or could be. Just have to wait till she pull the error codes.

But one more thing that baffles me is that with the black smoke emitting from the exhaust pipe, the check engine light was not lit. Seriously, strange!

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by tdie: 7:25pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ikenna351: I met a lovely Lady Lion owner today (charming is an understatement). What really impressed me was that she knew some of the technical terms used and would complete them for me while trying to say them. A quality most ladies lack, including some men. Meaning she pays attention to her car. Thumbs up! cool

Anyway, the issue with her Lion is 1st degree "Excessive Fueling". Pronounced black smoke even at idle. Unfortunately, I didn't drive to work today (Fuel Scarcity in Abuja is something else). So I had no tools to check some components that would cause such issue. I had only the DMM. Lucky her, there was no visible vacuum line on the engine. Meaning, less or no headache on vacuum leak menace.

As i tried to test the o2 sensor harness with the DMM, i found something weird. The o2 is the universal 4-wire o2 sensor. Meaning, two wires are for the sensor heater, the other two for the signal and ground wire. I found it weird because the four wires were reading 12+. The value of the signal wire, generally, should give 0.70-64 mv (Millivolts) when connected to the sensor, but would read higher (like 1 volts) when disconnected from the sensor. One of the 2 wires for the sensor heater is supposed to read 12+, only when the ignition is switched on. But it was constantly reading 12+ even when the ignition is off. Weird, isn't it? Unless someone is telling me thats how the harness of the o2 in that car were factory connected to work that way, which i will still find weird. Why? Because thats the same o2 sensor in my car as well. So I know perfectly how that sensor should be connected. In this case, the sensor harness is needed to be sorted out first, before even checking to know if the sensor is still ok or not. To do that, i will need to check the continuity of the signal wire from the ECU wiring connector. But where do i have the time? Sad face! And most importantly, I will need the car electrical manual to know which of the relays that feeds the o2 heater 12+. From that end, i would know what went wrong. Also will need to check how good are the sensor 2 grounds from their sources. These could take days to sort out, due to work. But the fastest means of knowing what is wrong is simply by scanning the car. Unfortuntaly, i have a scanner that doesn't work, not even once. Again, sad face! If my scanner was working, all her nightmares would have been dealt with within 5 mins of plugging it in.

I felt so sad and bad that i couldn't give her the help she needed. Reason for bringing this up here is for Peugeot owners to be carefull who you open your bonnet for or who you give your car to fix for you, especially when it has to do with electrics. I don't know why those o2 sensor wires were giving wrong values. It could be wrong connections, it could be not, but i do know that something is wrong with the harness or the o2, because even when i disconnected the sensor while the engine was idling, there was no change, even though the engine temperature was almost at it optimal temperature. She has no option than to take it elsewhere for scanning. Well, the issues may not only be the o2 or could be. Just have to wait till she pull the error codes.

But one more thing that baffles me is that with the black smoke emitting from the exhaust pipe, the check engine light was not lit. Seriously, strange!

Ikenna.

You didn't tell the house which Peugeot model the Lady had.... You must really have been lovestruck today... :-).
Also, this might be a moot point now, but did her CEL illuminate at all on engine start before going off..?? I ask this question because quite a few naughty car destroyers aka mechanics are fond of disconnecting the CEL, Airbag-, ABS- and other dashboard lights when they've been triggered. Its very difficult to imagine a lion not throwing up a CEL on black smoke pouring from the exhaust. My 307 is so sensitive that just a spark plug change will trigger the CEL light if the incorrect grade plugs are used (without any abnormal exhaust fumes).
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:54pm On Nov 13, 2012
t-die:

You didn't tell the house which Peugeot model the Lady had.... You must really have been lovestruck today... :-).
Also, this might be a moot point now, but did her CEL illuminate at all on engine start before going off..?? I ask this question because quite a few naughty car destroyers aka mechanics are fond of disconnecting the CEL, Airbag-, ABS- and other dashboard lights when they've been triggered. Its very difficult to imagine a lion not throwing up a CEL on black smoke pouring from the exhaust. My 307 is so sensitive that just a spark plug change will trigger the CEL light if the incorrect grade plugs are used (without any abnormal exhaust fumes).

Oh! Sorry. Its 206.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:26pm On Nov 13, 2012
I got home this evening and installed the cone filter. Wow! The sound was so sweet! I would have taken it for a test drive if not for the low fuel in the tank. But the sound was sweet enough to tell me what to expect from the car when geared into motion.

While the engine was idling, i switched on the A/C and suddenly, the rpm dropped and the engine and the entire car started to vibrate. Hmm! Another wahala! So, i switched off the car and gave it a thought "what now?"

I ruled out the spark plugs, since i replaced them last week. Then, the question then was " what would make an engine not carry heavy load and would rough idle only when heavy load?" I decided to start with the CTS.

So I pulled out the CTS wiring connector from the sensor, brought out my DMM, switched on the ignition and work started. I tested the 2 signal wires of the CTS from the two ECUs, to know if the CTS still receives full signals from the two ECUs.

I tested wire 2 (Injection ECU signal wire to CTS) and got 4.76 volts, which is the factory value. So i have eliminated the wire 2.

Then the 2nd CTS wire, wire 25 (Ignition ECU signal wire to CTS) and got 0.2 v, which fell below factory value. The factory value is 5 volts. So i have found the culprit. The next thing then is to trace the cause from the cts connector to the ignition ECU.

I tested the wire 25 on the firewalls connectors and got the same wrong value 0.2v. So, i ruled out the firewall connectors. Then i went to Ignition ECU, pulled out the connector, pushed it back, pulled it out again and pushed it back for the 2nd time. I put back the Ignition ECU and went straight to wire 25 on the CTS wiring connector. I switched on the ignition and tested the wire again. As if i knew, this time, the DMM read 5.13 volts. "Typical Peugeot electrics!", I muttered. Like i noted earlier, 5 volts is the factory value of wire 25 (ignition ECU signal wire to CTS), while 4 volts is the factory value of wire 2 (Injection ECU signal wire to CTS). So both wires now read factory values.

So i connected back the harness to the cts and started the car. It started well as usual, but when i switched on the A/C, the engine and entire car refused to vibrate. The car was just smoothly idling with the A/C load. No damn vibration anymore. Phew!

The cause of the vibration when on load was that the ignition timing was thrown off, because the ignition ECU, which controls the engine timing, wasn't getting enough signal from the CTS. But as soon as the proper signal was restored between the two components, the Ignition ECU went back to default and the timing was restored.

Peugeot has a unique electrics, which is their main flaw. If you take your time to understand their electrics, it will be like ABC to diagnose and fix. Their connectors usually corrode, unlike the Japanese cars. All it takes is to once in a while, pull out all the connectors you can lay hands on, check for corrosion or rust. Clean if corroded or you push back, pull out and push back in again. It should scrape off any rust preventing the male and female connectors pins from contacting fully, and thereby passing full signals. But make sure you remove any of the battery terminal head (at least the negative head) and do take the necessary steps needed before removing the battery head(s).

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by ymb1(m): 12:51pm On Nov 14, 2012
Dear All,

Just new to the lion family but have been consistently visiting the forum since I have made up my mind to jump from Honda into Peugeot and I have quite learnt a lot from the forum (Ikenna351, BigX, and others).

I am trying to conclude a buy of 407 2006 model with EW12 auto tiptronic transmission engine. I have done the physical check (body, interior, door, windows and physical sighting of the engine, ect) and was certified.

My sincere request from the family is to kindly help list what to look out for when doing the test driving of the car by weekend. The test driving is to be done from Katsina to Zaria (about 300KM).

Thanks & God bless.

Yunus
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 2:28pm On Nov 14, 2012
For the technically minded ones and for 206, 306, 307 & 406 owners with AL4 Automatic transmissions, find below the AL4 Automatic Transmission rebuild/workshop manual.

http://www.kit-group.ru/sections/AL4%20Transmission.pdf

http://www.scribd.com/doc/13915310/AL4-DPO-transmission-rebuild-manual

Ikenna.

3 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 2:41pm On Nov 14, 2012
If you also want to know what the AL4 solenoid looks like, which has usually been the culprit in AL4 Automatic failures, find it below:

http://my206xr..com/2010/10/al4-solenoid-valves.html

Ikenna.

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 5:22pm On Nov 14, 2012
ymb1: Dear All,

Just new to the lion family but have been consistently visiting the forum since I have made up my mind to jump from Honda into Peugeot and I have quite learnt a lot from the forum (Ikenna351, BigX, and others).

I am trying to conclude a buy of 407 2006 model with EW12 auto tiptronic transmission engine. I have done the physical check (body, interior, door, windows and physical sighting of the engine, ect) and was certified.

My sincere request from the family is to kindly help list what to look out for when doing the test driving of the car by weekend. The test driving is to be done from Katsina to Zaria (about 300KM).

Thanks & God bless.

Yunus

Since you are not a beginner, i believe you can evaluate the car well or detect an anomally when test driving it. Anything you see or feel that is not proper, don't hesitate to ask questions to whoever is selling the car to you, right there. By the time you fire him several questions non-stop, he will come clean with you, if he was hiding something. No one would want to be caught in a lie! grin Besides, from his resonses to your questions, you will know if he is hiding something or not. Just try and get the car History as much as you can. It helps a lot.

Before you start your evaluation, let someone start the car for you. Listen to know if its hard starting. If it takes so many cranks to start, then something is wrong. Then as soon as the engine starts, go to the car tail and observe the exhaust pipe opening at the car tail. Ask the person to rev the car hard for you. At that time, look out for smoke. If you see blue smoke, run for your dear life. If you see black smoke, its fixable, but can you deal with it? What if there was a wrong connection that is causing the black smoke? How can you reverse the wrong connection when you don't know which of the sensors or components were connected wrongly? I would advice you to pass. If its white smoke, pick race and don't look back! Head gasket replacement job is something you don't want to go into for a car you just bought. Unless the weather is cold and its the first startting in the morning. Yes, it will be emitting sometime like steam at idle, after the car has idled for a minute or so, in that case.

The Tiptronic Automatic adaptive gearbox in 407, will likely not give you the AL4 issues. So i believe you are not new with the auto trans, since you have been in Japanese mobile world. But that doesn't mean is not prone to unexpected failure like everyother other auto trans. Just try and enjoy it while it last. By the way, whats the speed? 4-speed or 6-speed?

I can't think of any other thing now. But one thing i assure you is that the driving experience and comfort, during the test driving, will be defferent from what you have been getting from Asian cars. Thats one thing i bet you they can't take away from Peugeot, no matter how unreliable everyone says Peugeots are. You will findout, as you are test driving. Goodluck.

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:18pm On Nov 14, 2012
For 206, 307 and 207 owners who do not know the location of their MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor) on their engines or what it looks like, find the attached.

Meanwhile, if you are having unsteady or flat idling, it maybe time to clean that MAP. Find a related issue treated here below:

http://my206xr..com/2010/05/peugeot-206-map-sensor.html

Ikenna.

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:22pm On Nov 14, 2012
Ikenna351: For 206, 307 and 207 who do not know the location of their MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor) on their engines or what it looks like, find the attached.

Meanwhile, if you are having unsteady or flat idling, it maybe time to clean that MAP. Find a related issue treated here below:

http://my206xr..com/2010/05/peugeot-206-map-sensor.html

Ikenna.

The location.

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:48pm On Nov 14, 2012
Find 206 wiring diagram here:

http://ebookbrowse.com/peugeot-206-wiring-diagram-pdf-d309146963

But i don't know how safe it is to download and save the diagram. Tread carefully. Though, you can safely view the diagram, anyway.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by ymb1(m): 4:20pm On Nov 17, 2012
Ikenna351:

Since you are not a beginner, i believe you can evaluate the car well or detect an anomally when test driving it. Anything you see or feel that is not proper, don't hesitate to ask questions to whoever is selling the car to you, right there. By the time you fire him several questions non-stop, he will come clean with you, if he was hiding something. No one would want to be caught in a lie! grin Besides, from his resonses to your questions, you will know if he is hiding something or not. Just try and get the car History as much as you can. It helps a lot.

Before you start your evaluation, let someone start the car for you. Listen to know if its hard starting. If it takes so many cranks to start, then something is wrong. Then as soon as the engine starts, go to the car tail and observe the exhaust pipe opening at the car tail. Ask the person to rev the car hard for you. At that time, look out for smoke. If you see blue smoke, run for your dear life. If you see black smoke, its fixable, but can you deal with it? What if there was a wrong connection that is causing the black smoke? How can you reverse the wrong connection when you don't know which of the sensors or components were connected wrongly? I would advice you to pass. If its white smoke, pick race and don't look back! Head gasket replacement job is something you don't want to go into for a car you just bought. Unless the weather is cold and its the first startting in the morning. Yes, it will be emitting sometime like steam at idle, after the car has idled for a minute or so, in that case.

The Tiptronic Automatic adaptive gearbox in 407, will likely not give you the AL4 issues. So i believe you are not new with the auto trans, since you have been in Japanese mobile world. But that doesn't mean is not prone to unexpected failure like everyother other auto trans. Just try and enjoy it while it last. By the way, whats the speed? 4-speed or 6-speed?

I can't think of any other thing now. But one thing i assure you is that the driving experience and comfort, during the test driving, will be defferent from what you have been getting from Asian cars. Thats one thing i bet you they can't take away from Peugeot, no matter how unreliable everyone says Peugeots are. You will findout, as you are test driving. Goodluck.

Ikenna.

Hi Ikenna,

Thanks alot for your response, as mentioned I not new with the Japanese but complete novice when it come to engine stuff. In fact I have printed your submission above to hold as guide when checking the smoke issues you raised.

Thank you on the encouraging news of the comfortability and driving experience and at least you did not scare way from the auto transmission knowing well that you are not the auto tranny type. cheesy grin cheesy

To answer your question, the auto tran is 4 speed.

Will definitely keep the family posted. Thanks.

Rgds,

ymb1
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by GodsSon5(m): 8:04am On Nov 18, 2012
big spif: Hi Gods-son
Please can you give me an idea how much to budget when buying the same type of your 406 Prestige here in Abuja? thanks and hope ur enjoying your lion

Hello Big Spif,
Sorry for the late response have been so busy lately, to get a good prestige in abj with a good engine, ABS working properly and also the AC system you should have a budget of not less than 750,000NGN...cheers
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:32pm On Nov 19, 2012
I finally installed the Universal Cone Air Filter two days ago (Saturday, 17/11/2012).

The sound and acceleration has really changed. cool cool

Still observing the fuel consumption, for the claimed improved fuel economy.

Am finding it difficult to attach the picture here, even though i have resized it. Anyway, i have uploaded the picture in another forum.
Find the it here:

http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2321-air-filter-for-v6/page__st__20__gopid__17924#entry17924

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by ymb1(m): 9:08am On Nov 20, 2012
Ikenna351:

bigx

Thanks for directing us to this site. Everyone can now have his/her Peugeot car owners manual. No more guess work.

Ikenna.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.