Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,204 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Suggest Modifications For Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Suggest Modifications For Nairaland (1399 Views)

Nominee For Nairaland AWARDS / Disturbing Body Modifications! / Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suggest Modifications For Nairaland by cabali(m): 10:15am On Apr 07, 2006
nairaland has been gr8 and still is but i think they would do with some modifications though!

I think the administrator shud look through topics; there are some of no relevance due to the expiration of the time of the event! I suggest these be taken off so whatever is on, we know it is current!

there are a lot of them in jobs section! and some pple create one topic twice. this should be noted as well.

lets hear from members please
Re: Suggest Modifications For Nairaland by cabali(m): 10:19am On Apr 07, 2006
it wouldnt be a bad idea as well if we can have nairaland instant messaging dont u think?
Re: Suggest Modifications For Nairaland by Seun(m): 10:25am On Apr 07, 2006
for the first suggestion, why don't you volunteer to be a moderator for the jobs section?

For the second section, what is instant messaging and how's it different from the integrated yahoo messaging?
Re: Suggest Modifications For Nairaland by cabali(m): 10:38am On Apr 07, 2006
@ seun; I did not know i could be a moderator of a particular section. if it involves cleaning out of expired job openings, i am game. just tell me what it involves

the second one; the integrated one involves the yahoo messenger; what i meant was a forum of instant messaging on nairaland without the use of our yahoo messenger account
Re: Suggest Modifications For Nairaland by doshbass(m): 10:53am On Apr 07, 2006
Seun, It will be nice if we can be able to have a list of all threads we are involved in, I know you have the "show post" feature which is ok but we should all have a space with Threads we are involved in, with the stats for that thread i.e number of post since we last checked, last poster etc. It should  be included on our  first page when we log in to nairaland. People usually have post in so many threads that they loose track and can't be involved in a thread they were participating in

What do you think?
Re: Suggest Modifications For Nairaland by cabali(m): 10:59am On Apr 07, 2006
i tottally agree with dosh so i second it!
Re: Suggest Modifications For Nairaland by Rhodalyn(f): 11:03am On Apr 07, 2006
seun we need our PM's back!!!!!! angry
Re: Suggest Modifications For Nairaland by doshbass(m): 11:07am On Apr 07, 2006
Sorry what is "PM"
Re: Suggest Modifications For Nairaland by Kave(m): 11:31am On Apr 07, 2006
PM is private message or
Re: Suggest Modifications For Nairaland by africanboy(m): 2:45pm On Apr 07, 2006
a labelling system such that posts and threads are labelled, not just following the traditional categorization.

am i speaking trash - check out

a post is labelled - music, religion, nigeria {a post about a gospel musician based in nigeria}, with the current categorization, it will only exist in either music/radio or religion.
Re: Suggest Modifications For Nairaland by Seun(m): 9:46pm On Apr 07, 2006
Seun, It will be nice if we can be able to have a list of all threads we are involved in, I know you have the "show post" feature which is ok but we should all have a space with Threads we are involved in, with the stats for that thread i.e number of post since we last checked, last poster etc. It should be included on our first page when we log in to nairaland. People usually have post in so many threads that they loose track and can't be involved in a thread they were participating in

What do you think?

Have you never tried out New Posts Replying Yours?
Re: Suggest Modifications For Nairaland by Seun(m): 9:50pm On Apr 07, 2006
africanboy: Your idea is a great one but it would mean rewriting the forum software. That can't possibly happen anytime soon!
Re: Suggest Modifications For Nairaland by doshbass(m): 2:17pm On Apr 10, 2006
Seun, I never knew the "New Post Replying yours" was what i was talking about. The reason i it wasnt obvious to me is that it doesn't change colour. It should have the number of post replying yours just like "Unread" and "Admin Messages" or have a Red colour if there is anything there (User Friendliness)
Re: Suggest Modifications For Nairaland by africanboy(m): 9:04am On Apr 11, 2006
there should be like an add-on or something, put your php programmers to good use
Re: Suggest Modifications For Nairaland by Seun(m): 12:37pm On Apr 11, 2006
What kind of add-in would you like to see?
Re: Suggest Modifications For Nairaland by africanboy(m): 12:48pm On Apr 11, 2006
something similar to the labelling system - check out picasa for an idea of what am saying. shouldnt require extensive rewriting.

also, consider including at 1 or 2 more themes. am tired of always seeing green. site looks old. i have a terrible monitor, sometimes the site is just too dark for me to see esp quotes
Re: Suggest Modifications For Nairaland by cabali(m): 8:49am On Apr 12, 2006
seun, u still have not told me how i can moderate the job seeker section. that part need sanitation, really
Re: Suggest Modifications For Nairaland by africanboy(m): 1:24pm On Apr 12, 2006
anyone ever thought of password protected threads,

1. the poster can monitor who views since he/she would be required to supply the intending viewer the password
2. restrict who views certain posts
3. give some people that feeling of power
Re: Suggest Modifications For Nairaland by doshbass(m): 1:31pm On Apr 12, 2006
@africanboy
That will kind of divide nairalanders, we need to be 1 big happy family
Re: Suggest Modifications For Nairaland by africanboy(m): 1:38pm On Apr 12, 2006
just a thot
Re: Suggest Modifications For Nairaland by doshbass(m): 2:20pm On Apr 12, 2006
just my opinion about your thought
Re: Suggest Modifications For Nairaland by africanboy(m): 2:28pm On Apr 12, 2006
how about a shoutbox?
Re: Suggest Modifications For Nairaland by virozuru(f): 3:28pm On May 18, 2006
Re: Suggest Modifications For Nairaland by Skidoc(m): 3:34pm On May 18, 2006
You can do that by clicking on "User".
Re: Suggest Modifications For Nairaland by africanboy(m): 4:22pm On May 18, 2006
imagine making a user's profile page seem like a myspace/yahoo 360 so that
- people can post comments
- associate as friends
Re: Suggest Modifications For Nairaland by Seun(m): 4:47pm On May 18, 2006
Send me the software and i'll install it. Thanks!
Re: Suggest Modifications For Nairaland by africanboy(m): 10:26am On May 19, 2006
opps, dont have it. just suggesting,

(1) (Reply)

What Can Black American Do To Help Nigeria/nigerians? / Consortium Plan $7.5bn High Speed Rail From Lagos To N'delta / Anambra Central Senatorial Election: The Dora Akunyili Fairy Tales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.